Global Sales and Procurement Manager Fresh Produce , Kenya
Location: Kenya or remote.
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
General Manager in Uganda , Uganda
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director in Togo , Togo
Our client is an established organic and Fairtrade player. They have developed sustainable food chains in South America and Africa and they are looking for a Managing Director for their Togo start up - about 30 permanent staff and up to 30 seasonal workers generating a turnover of around 4 M Euro per year.
The purpose of the job is to build a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the Leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to build a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part.
The Managing Director heads the Management Committee made off three director’s functions:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
• Lead and sustain the Management committee of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop and optimise business processes, policies and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPI to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations build on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years’ experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Lome, Togo
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• French & English (written and spoken)
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Togo? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director Logistics , East Africa
For a large logistics service provider in East Africa, we are looking for an MD.
Expanding local market as well as regional market, whilst maintaining high quality and growing a happy and well performing team.
Previous experience as General Manager, Country Manager, Regional Manager or the like for a logistics company in East Africa.
Interested in this? Please apply here.
Maintenance manager in Ethiopia , Ethiopia
We are recruiting a maintenance manager for a European company.
Analyzing and optimizing functional, corrective, and preventive maintenance, on quality, costs and reliability;
Making maintenance and improvement plans and updating them in the maintenance management system;
Perform root cause analyzes when failures or faults occur;
Stock management of the materials;
'On the job' training of operators and colleagues;
Managing quotations, project requests and technical information;
Supervising work in progress, also by third parties;
Multiple years of work experience in a manufacturing environment;
A completed education in mechatronics, electrical or mechanical engineering;
Being able to work independently;
Knowledge of manufacturing processes;
Being able to set priorities and take decisions;
A team player with great English communication skills;
Excellent organizational skills;
A hands-on approach and thinking in solutions.
Conditions of employment
A car for both work and private use;
Are you interested in becoming a Maintenance manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana , Ghana
We are recruiting a Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana for an NGO that operates worldwide.
Statement of Work
• Under the supervision of the company's Program Director in Mali and Resident Program Officer in Mali, the selected Contractor will serve – in his/her country of assignment – as the main focal point with domestic stakeholders.
• In this capacity, the Contractor will liaise, engage, and maintain contact with civil society organizations, government agencies, local and national government focal points, regional organizations focal points, religious and community leaders, etc. to facilitate the implementation of this project and ensure buy-in and continuous engagement of those stakeholders.
• The Contractor will take a significant role in activity implementation, providing logistical arrangements, identifying local service providers, identifying potential problems and providing relevant solutions to prevent activity delays, ensuring relevant and necessary follow-up including for monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) purposes with local partners and activity participants and beneficiaries, and monitoring domestic civil society partners’ activity progress and compliance with contract terms.
• The Contractor will ensure the timely, complete, and accurate submission of deliverables from government and civil society partners and will liaise with the organization's staff––including the Program Director, Resident Program Officer, and MEL Specialist––to approve such deliverables.
• The Contractor will contribute observations and analysis to program reports and external communications materials, when necessary, in order to ensure robust programmatic deliverables.
• The Contractor will attend and, for some of them, lead project’s activities at the national and sub-national levels and, when necessary, in neighboring countries, and will report to the organization.
• The Contractor will attend and report on non-project-related events or discussions that may take place in the country of assignment and that will be relevant to the project and the overall strategy in the country and region.
• The Contractor will submit bi-monthly reports that include updates on activity progress and thorough analysis on political, social, and security-related issues in the country of assignment and the target communities.
• Availability to commit for an approximative 24-month duration.
• Master’s Degree in international relations, law, political science, or related subject.
• Legal authorization to work in the following countries: Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Ghana, and Côte d’Ivoire is required.
• Excellent knowledge of the social, political, and cultural situation and landscape of the country assignment.
• Complete fluency (native or advanced professional level) in written and spoken English and French. Candidates with fluent French and intermediate English will be considered.
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant professional work experience in Sahelian and West African littoral countries at the local, national, and/or international levels implementing programming in the field of democracy, governance, peacebuilding, and/or countering violent extremism (CVE).
• Established relationships with national government and civil society stakeholders on issues of peacebuilding, governance, and CVE.
• Expertise (past experience, thought leadership, or a combination of both) on preventing/countering violent extremism strongly preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with marginalized populations.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a sensitive political environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an internationally and culturally diverse team, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
• Exceptional interpersonal and managerial skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of local stakeholders and foreign government personnel.
• Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner.
• Analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Store Manager in Ghana , Ghana
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for a Store Manager to be based at their plant in Ghana.
We are looking for a results driven retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management of the factory as well as fleet including spare parts. The successful candidate will be able to meet profitability goals and manage staff effectively. Store Manager responsibilities includes a team of 5 assistant store managers.
• Inventory management, cleaning up slow moving stock, maintain good inventory levels
• Receiving, ordering and ERP systems
• Meet goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to staff
• Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• Maintain outstanding store condition and standards
• Report on buying trends, needs, profits etc
• Deal with all issues that arise from staff or internal customers (complaints, grievances etc)
• Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
• Possibly growing in to timber store management too
• BS Degree in engineering (spare parts), supply chain, logistics, or relevant field
• Proven successful experience as a Store Manager
• Powerful leading skills and business orientation
• Strong organizational skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with purchasing is a plus
Are you interested in this role? Please apply through below button.
Managing Director in Uganda , Uganda
Are you the Managing Director we are looking for?
Are you ready to lead the company of our client, which aims to tackle Africa’s emerging development challenges? Do you have a passion for social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) and capacity building? Then we might be looking for you.
The Managing Director is a dynamic and inspiring leader of the team, and is accountable for the sustainability and growth of the company. He reports directly to the board, which includes experienced professionals from both NGOs and the private sector.
1. Leadership: Motivate and mentor the team
• Being a team player on projects and lead by example.
• Creating an atmosphere of appreciation and respect for all partners and colleagues
• Create a learning environment and seek and give constructive feedback
2. Business Management: Overseeing the financial health of the company and providing strategic direction for growth and sustainability
• Regularly review financial reports and approve expenses
• Ensure the organization is adhering to local laws and operating as a socially responsible business
• Engage the organization's Board of Directors in key decisions, prepare regular updates, and support recruitment of new board members as needed
• Lead the creation of operating procedures, financial forecasts and targets, annual and strategic plans, updated governance manuals, quarterly reviews, and performance reviews
3. Partnerships: Build and maintain relationships with staff, potential project partners and consultants
• Recruit new consultants and team members
• Manage relationships with key partners
• Represent the organization's interests in partnerships, while looking for synergy and collectively beneficial opportunities
4. Marketing and Communication: Lead and oversee new business opportunities and company sales
• Watch trends in the creative and or communication industry and the development sector
• Brainstorm with colleagues, partners and clients on new proposals
• Write and review bids and new proposals
• Review and approve external communication
5. Creative: Contribute to the development of new services and products
• Lead and oversee design reseach and co-creations
• Conceptualise innovative social and behaviour change communication and capacity building strategies and tools
• Work with designers, content developers, illustrators and researchers to define or refine solutions
• Occasionally develop content for company communication and new products
• Ensure services and products apply user-centered design principles and meet the organization's quality standards
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field (social sector enterprise, communication, design, SBCC etc.)
• Experience in mentoring, motivating and supervising teams and individuals
• Experience with volunteering or working in Africa, working with local counterparts
• The ability to facilitate workshops, strong presentation skills and influence internal and external discussions at all levels
• Strong English writing and communication skills
• Business acumen, with business strategy development, operational planning experience and financial planning
• Knowledge of Human-Centered Design in the creative industry is preferred
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to travel frequently within East Africa and Uganda itself
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.