Head of Operations in Nigeria , Nigeria
We have ambitious goals in 2021 and are seeking an experienced professional to lead all operations related to drivers in Ibadan including driver recruitment, onboarding, quality, performance, engagement, and comms. The ideal candidate has experience in managing a 20 + person team, is able to use data to make decisions, and is passionate about improving the livelihoods of Boda drivers in Ibadan. We have ambitious targets and goals and are looking for an experienced Head of Operations to navigate all things related to our drivers.
- Lead all operations and the SafeBoda driver community in Ibadan
- Manage multiple projects and be a resourceful multi-tasker that can execute a number of tasks to get things done
- Leading, managing, and coaching a 20+ person team
- Ownership of driver-related KPIs as well as a recruitment strategy, incentive programs, and building processes across operations.
- Analyzing performance metrics data and using it to identify ways to improve the performance of our drivers and the efficiency of the team.
- Identifying and implementing strategies to improve driver engagement and retention
- Developing and implementing a range of special and high impact projects across various functions of the driver team.
You should have:
- +4 years minimum in an operations role, strategy, start-up, or a similar area in any industry. Experience in the ride-hailing industry is a big bonus.
- Experience in managing the output of large teams and be hugely passionate about coaching and mentoring resources
- Knowledge of the city of Ibadan and an understanding of the Boda Boda community in Nigeria at large.
- Comfortable to work in tough conditions not always with easy answers to challenges
- Highly proactive ability to move fast, innovate and find creative solutions
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences and skills
- Data-driven decisions and solid analytical skills with advanced experience in Excel
- Love our product and be curious about how it works and be a strong advocate on the way SafeBoda can transform the livelihoods of drivers
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do, and constantly fly the flag.
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport
- Free lunch
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Operations in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
General Manager in Uganda , Uganda
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sales Representative for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Africa? Are you a great networker? Do you love sales and developing business? Do you love traveling and working independently? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Sales Representative to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for gaining new accounts as well as managing existing accounts. To create an active sales pipeline, you analyze the market and determine new opportunities. You actively hunt for new clients and build positive and lasting relationships with them by developing an in-depth understanding of their industry and recruitment needs.
The new colleague we are looking for:
• Has a sparkling personality, is a master networker and is passionate about cold calling and sales,
• Does NOT need previous experience in recruitment, selling of services is a pre
• Loves traveling and exploring new areas (6x per year)
• Has a vast international network in Africa or a part of Africa,
• Is an independent worker and is self-driven,
• Has an network within an international environment,
• French is a pre, but no must
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
• A strong (recruitment) brand name,
• An extensive pan-African network of clients and candidates (40.000+ international professionals),
• An international team
• Working in Johannesburg at our office and from home
• Full time / part time / flexible working options,
• High pace work environment combined with great lifestyle!
• Excellent financial structure with variable component
JobnetAfrica will give you the opportunity to fully focus on sales / networking and rapidly build a sustainable income for yourself. You can hit the ground running!
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica lifestyle!
Managing Director in Uganda , Uganda
Are you the Managing Director we are looking for?
Are you ready to lead the company of our client, which aims to tackle Africa’s emerging development challenges? Do you have a passion for social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) and capacity building? Then we might be looking for you.
The Managing Director is a dynamic and inspiring leader of the team, and is accountable for the sustainability and growth of the company. He reports directly to the board, which includes experienced professionals from both NGOs and the private sector.
1. Leadership: Motivate and mentor the team
• Being a team player on projects and lead by example.
• Creating an atmosphere of appreciation and respect for all partners and colleagues
• Create a learning environment and seek and give constructive feedback
2. Business Management: Overseeing the financial health of the company and providing strategic direction for growth and sustainability
• Regularly review financial reports and approve expenses
• Ensure the organization is adhering to local laws and operating as a socially responsible business
• Engage the organization's Board of Directors in key decisions, prepare regular updates, and support recruitment of new board members as needed
• Lead the creation of operating procedures, financial forecasts and targets, annual and strategic plans, updated governance manuals, quarterly reviews, and performance reviews
3. Partnerships: Build and maintain relationships with staff, potential project partners and consultants
• Recruit new consultants and team members
• Manage relationships with key partners
• Represent the organization's interests in partnerships, while looking for synergy and collectively beneficial opportunities
4. Marketing and Communication: Lead and oversee new business opportunities and company sales
• Watch trends in the creative and or communication industry and the development sector
• Brainstorm with colleagues, partners and clients on new proposals
• Write and review bids and new proposals
• Review and approve external communication
5. Creative: Contribute to the development of new services and products
• Lead and oversee design reseach and co-creations
• Conceptualise innovative social and behaviour change communication and capacity building strategies and tools
• Work with designers, content developers, illustrators and researchers to define or refine solutions
• Occasionally develop content for company communication and new products
• Ensure services and products apply user-centered design principles and meet the organization's quality standards
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field (social sector enterprise, communication, design, SBCC etc.)
• Experience in mentoring, motivating and supervising teams and individuals
• Experience with volunteering or working in Africa, working with local counterparts
• The ability to facilitate workshops, strong presentation skills and influence internal and external discussions at all levels
• Strong English writing and communication skills
• Business acumen, with business strategy development, operational planning experience and financial planning
• Knowledge of Human-Centered Design in the creative industry is preferred
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to travel frequently within East Africa and Uganda itself
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Regional Project Manager West Africa , Ivory Coast
- Collaborate, align and support with the Group PMO to continue to develop best practices in all areas of the PMO.
- As the Regional PPM(Project and Portfolio Management) process owner actively coach and mentor project organization members and provide leadership in all areas of PPM practices, including to the Regional Leadership Team, ensuring that project discipline is followed throughout the business.
- Drive the deployment, education and adoption of MyPPM (Clarizen software) within the Region as the “single point of truth” for all project and initiative data.
Provide inputs and thought leadership on Regional Portfolio to Leadership Teams, Global PMO & key stakeholders (including PRT and Gate Review Teams (GRT), Business Line Managers and Finance) .
Develop a project delivery performance culture in the organization to ensure the successful execution of projects (on time in full) and business results are realized/achieved as per the commitments.
DO & ACI:
Ensure process of Accelerated Continuous Improvement (ACI) is followed correctly.
Lead projects in the role of Project Manager both for ACI and PDP type projects with a focus in the area of Continuous Improvement.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Global Sales and Procurement Manager Fresh Produce , Kenya
Location: Kenya or remote.
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Production Manager in Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
We are recruiting a Production Manager in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The production manager assures the realization of the food processing plant KPI’s on sourced volumes and processing results through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the food processing plant
Food safety, traceability and certifications
• Assume the role of food safety team leader and drive continuous improvement
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with Organic, Fair-Trade and Kosher certifications, audited annually
• Ensure 100% traceability of processed volumes
• Prime person responsible for continuous improvement of safety at work
• Ensure 98% execution of preventive maintenance schedule; collaborate with the maintenance service on improvement to the schedule and elaboration of a “plan B” per equipment type
• Be the last recourse for technical staff on equipment troubleshooting
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained and motivated
Documentation and meetings
• Continuous improvement of the food safety and quality manual
• Continuous improvement of standard work and standard operating procedures
• Maintenance of factory layout drawings
• Lead and assure documentation of daily, weekly and monthly production meetings
Food safety requirements
• BRC trained. External
• HACCP trained. External
• FSMA trained. External
• Excellent knowledge of the company's Quality Manual. Capability to explain it to staff and to develop it further
The production manager works under supervision of the plant manager and in close collaboration with his counterparts from finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering.
The production manager takes responsibility for receiving clients and auditors at the factory and works together with technical assistance and financial partners to realize the plant goals. The production manager communicates with clients and logistics companies on the timely dispatching of containers of finished product and the handling of customer feedback.
Integrity & transparency, efficiency, organisation & planning, analytical & problem-solving skills, attention to detail, persistence, ability to develop people, creative/Innovative, high standards, enthusiasm
Training and experience
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial/military/technical environment, agri-processing preferred
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus but can be learned on the job
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• Familiar with statistical analysis techniques
• Basic financial literacy; capability to interpret balance sheets and income statements
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
We expect the successful candidate for this position to be capable of growing into the position of plant manager within a period of 12 months, taking full responsibility for all activities of the business. This means in addition to the above, directing the value chain team that is responsible for the development and maintaining of relations with over 4000 farmers to make sure that sourcing objectives are met. It also means giving direction to the finance and administrative team and making final hiring and firing decisions.
Fysical requirements : none
Work environment : plant workfloor & office
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Senior Recruiter & Head-Hunter for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the African recruitment space and a passion for recruitment head-hunting and/or executive search? Have you placed candidates across the continent? Do you love pampering your clients and making sure they hire the best professionals in the field? Do you go the extra mile? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Recruiter / head-hunter / executive search specialist with full cycle experience, to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As our new team member, you are responsible for:
• Taking on new assignments, obtained by our sales crew
• Conducting a thorough briefing with the client on the organisation and role(s)
• Advising the client on the options and introduce inventive ways to look at the process
• Managing online outings and timelines together with our content manager
• Taking on the search and selection process, using existing and upcoming ways of finding talent
• Conduction (mostly online) interviews and writing interview reports
• Proposing of shortlists to the client
• Support the hiring and onboarding process with the client
• Close the assignment
• After care on both the candidates and the clients
• Helping designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
• Collaborating with the sales and management team
• Proven work experience as an international Recruiter in Africa (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter), with experience in multiple sectors
• Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems (CMS) and Linkedin recruiter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
Personality we are looking for:
• Independent worker, that loves to be part of a growing team and company
• Thrives on successes, pushing for placements
• Friendly nature, keeping your calm when things move slow
• Has to be flexible, not everything always goes the way we want it to go
• Show initiative, there is lots to be taken on and streamlined
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at successful placement
• Flexibility, you can work from home and / or our office in Johannesburg
• A very challenging and demanding job with a great lifestyle!!