Head of Product Position
ABOUT EMPOWER AFRICA: Empower is building the future of networking on the African Continent.
In early 2021, we launched the Empower Africa Business Network: the first platform designed to facilitate information exchange, networking, premium thought leadership and verified economic opportunities for the African business ecosystem. The EABN enables global leaders, private businesses, government entities and professionals to connect and create long term value with Africa-based projects. Members can source vetted business opportunities, deliver deal flow, and provide research and content to the benefit of one another.
The Role: Empower is looking for a Head of Product to oversee the development and scale of the Empower Africa Business Network web-based platform and mobile app.
1) Own and define product strategy and roadmap for the Empower Africa Business Network website and mobile app
2) Lead initiatives and collaborations with engineers, designers, and stakeholders from high-concept vision to actionable goals and tasks
3) Build out and manage product team
4) Write specifications and requirements; appraise new product ideas and/or product changes
5) Work with Executive Team to execute new tiered product offering
6) Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
7) Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
8) Drive product launches including working with the marketing team and executives
9) Define KPI’s and measure the success of new features
We're a team of passionate and driven individuals living and working remotely across six countries and four continents: Botswana, Kenya, Netherlands, Israel, South Africa, and the USA. As the Head of Product, you will work remotely, with colleagues and stakeholders in multiple geographic locations.
1) 5+ years of product management experience in a leadership capacity - including developing technical products in a high growth environment, from inception to delivery
2) Experience building and managing a remote product team
3) Familiarity with both the African and Global marketplaces
4) A strong technical background with software development or technical management experience, and an understanding of the software development life cycle
b) Computer Science or Engineering degree a strong plus
c) App UI/UX understanding, design and enhancement is a plus
d) Knowledge of Version Control Systems (e.g. Github) is a plus
e) Knowledge of Project Management Systems (e.g. Jira, Monday.com, etc) is a plus
5) Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence others, resolve conflict, and act as Product Owner within a Product Delivery Team
6) Excellent written, verbal, web, and face-to-face communication skills
7) Strong analytical abilities and decision-making capabilities
8) Creatively contribute to strategic and tactical plans
9) Constantly curious and passionate about economic growth in Africa
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Product Position? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Content Writing , Africa
Selected intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Brainstorming new and creative growth strategies
2. Learning leadership and developing communication skills
3. Working and thriving in a fast-paced environment and mastering diverse skills
4. Handling research and analysis
5. Identifying trends and insights and optimizing spend and performance based on insights
6. Honing strengths and working with global clients to grow with the company
7. Reading the articles and summarizing the main points
Skills; English proficiency(written), English proficiency(spoken)
Only those candidates can apply who:
1. Are available for work from home internship
2. Can start the internship immediately
3. Are available for duration of six months
4. Have relevant skills and interests
*women wanting to start/restart their career can apply
Perks; Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Flexible work hours
Technical Manager in Tanzania , Tanzania
JobnetAfrica has partnered with ENZA zaden in Tanzania to find them a highly hands-on Technical Manager who will improve their preventative maintenance schedules and who coordinates the technical team. This great opportunity is based in Arusha, the East African heart of the vegetable breeding and a beautiful location and is a family-owned business within a high-tech environment.
ENZA Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. They produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. Please check out the animation video as below.
For more than 80 years ENZA has been working with the best that nature offers. They support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
Strong, healthy, tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
ENZA Zaden’s strength? More than 2.000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, they continuously invest in knowledge and skills with the Enza Academy and under the flag of enzActive they organise various sports activities to stay healthy.
Interested? Please continue reading.
What are you going to do?
As Technical Manager you will be accountable for the operational day-to-day technical related activities at the station. Key responsibilities include flawless and timely execution of technical related tasks, ensure appropriate maintenance planning and effectuation at the station as well as improving the maintenance processes.
As Technical Manager you make sure all machines and technical installations are well kept and operational. Therefore, you will do necessary maintenance and repairs. You will also assist with the construction of buildings and implementation of installations. You will coordinate new installations and documentation. Additionally, you keep the workshop and all tools and equipment in good condition.
You will work closely with the technical staff and with external contractors in order to ensure the required uptime of the equipment and installations. Also, you manage the technical team and make sure that they are well trained. Ensuring that proper service level agreements are in place is also part of this position. You act as a creative problem solver for the technical department and work closely with technicians and workshop engineers.
Any other activities as keeping farm surroundings neat and tidy and work according to all health & safety and farm protocols will also be part of this position.
The Technical Manager will report to the Station Manager and has 3 direct and 32 people indirectly reporting to him / her. Total number of employees in Tanzania is appr. 280.
Your main responsibilities are;
• Supervise, lead and provide direction to the technicians and workshop engineers.
• Manage and improve the replacement of installations for optimalization of the process.
• Decide and prioritize on continuous improvement actions for the maintenance activities.
• Contract management.
• Planning of preventative maintenance and Ad hoc technical problem solving.
• Development and implementation of the maintenance software module.
• Train, coach and assist the technical team.
• Review, adjust and trains the team on health & safety protocols.
• Communicate to management the results and developments achieved by the department.
• Initiate and implement improvement actions projects at department level.
Your main tasks for the first year will be;
• Setting up and implementing a maintenance plan
• Expansion of the greenhouses
• Sorting out ad hoc things, and solve them in a structural manner
• Stock management and WMS
You stimulate innovation and you are always open for ways to improve technical processes all in the right order of priority.
The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver, have the ability to multitask in a high-tech environment, have an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to this position and its responsibilities.
You take initiative and you plan and prioritize your work efficiently. You are able to transfer your knowledge and skills to your team members and are flexible in dealing with cultural differences.
What we are looking for, you;
• have a bachelor’s degree in electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or comparable).
• have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a manager in in a comparable maintenance related environment.
• have at least 6–10-year international working experience.
• have strong leadership and (people) management skills.
• are al real motivator on innovation and process optimization.
• have professional proficiency in English.
• have affinity with horticulture.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Partnership Lead (based in Africa)
Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF) is a private foundation based in Portland, Oregon, USA. We make grants to non-profit organizations primarily in Africa and Latin America, and directly manage programs from our offices in Ghana and Kenya.
We are dedicated to supporting locally-led organizations who help families in rural communities build their own futures and thrive.
We currently have a growing portfolio of grant partners in East and Southern Africa and are looking to expand our grantmaking in these regions over the next five years. We are also interested in exploring partnership opportunities in the Great Lakes region (Rwanda, Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo) and beyond.
We see ourselves as active, long-term partners to organizations and communities. We are actively listening to our grant partners and peers and learning and evolving as a Foundation. We see ourselves, not as a capacity builder, but as a connector and facilitator, as a sounding board and advocate for our partners.
• Respect- We recognize and value differences, are aware of how our actions impact others, and treat people with care.
• Humility- We seek to approach situations with openness, to understand other perspectives and to learn.
• Integrity- We strive to be transparent in all that we do, to hold ourselves accountable to our values, to recognize when we have misstepped, and to stand for what we believe in.
The Africa Partnership Lead (PL) will support the growth of the Foundation’s grantmaking efforts primarily in East Africa, but will also assist in other regions, as needed. The PL leads outreach and due diligence process to select strong local organizations, conducts respectful monitoring of grant partners, builds strong trusting relationships with partners and facilitates Support beyond Grant Funding (SbGF).
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced strategic leader with expertise in community-led development, who is excited to lead the sourcing and management of a portfolio of local African organizations on behalf of a grantee-centric foundation.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The PL is an integral part of the Vibrant Village Foundation team. The PL reports to the Director of Programs and Partnerships and collaborates with the Executive Director and Director of Operations. They are responsible for the following:
Outreach and Due Diligence
• Conduct outreach to identify new grant partners and build a strong pipeline of potential partners;
• Work closely with the Director of Operations and Director of Programs and Partnerships to conduct due diligence of grant applicants and make funding recommendations;
• Lead the initial assessment and annual review of potential and existing grant partners; and manage the grant award process.
• Manage a grant portfolio primarily in East Africa and assist in other regions, as needed; maintain regular communication with grant partners and build trusting relationships;
• Review, analyze and summarize findings from grant partners’ reports and share learnings;
• Conduct annual to bi-annual site visits to monitor grant partners’ activities and strengthen our understanding of their work and context;
• Manage occasional external program evaluations and consultant contracts; and
• Maintain filing, track reporting, update VVF grantee database and other back-office tasks.
Strategy, External Relationships and Communication
• Lead the Foundation’s grantmaking strategy in East Africa and advise on potential expansion in the region;
• Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our grantmaking practices and tools to support our partnerships including due diligence process, grant agreements, grant reporting and other program-related templates and documentation.
• Contribute articles and other pieces (for blogs, newsletter etc.) that feature the learning, innovation and successes from our grant partners;
• Represent the Foundation at external events (conferences, meetings and forums) by conveying a clear vision of the organization’s vision, mission and goals; and
• Expand our network of peer funders to share learnings and build our grant pipeline.
Support Beyond Grant Funding (SbGF)
• Help shape and refine our SbGF strategy based on thoughtful listening of grant partners’ needs and with an equity perspective;
• Contribute to the development of SbGF initiatives in collaboration with grant partners and Director of Operations; co-lead implementation of the strategy with Director of Operations; and
• Build a strong grant partner network and develop a plan for periodic partner convening.
The ideal candidate has:
• A passion for fostering the potential of African leaders and communities;
• Fluency in Swahili and proficiency in other East African languages, preferred;
• Experience living in East Africa and deep understanding of the local context, particularly in rural communities;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Excellent analytical skills; ability to collect and analyze data to inform strategic thinking, planning, and recommendations;
• Strong interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for relationship building;
• Experience working with a non-profit organization, social enterprise, international development agency or other relevant sector;
• Experience in the areas of poverty alleviation, WASH, conservation agriculture, health, education, climate change or livelihoods preferred;
• Experience in M&E, gender, or social inclusion, a plus;
• Ability to skillfully collaborate and problem solve in a multicultural environment.
• University degree in a relevant field or comparable work experience; and
• 5+ years of relevant work experience.
This position can be based anywhere in East or Southern Africa with frequent travel across the region (up to 50% of the year) and occasional travel to the US. VVF doesn’t currently have a grantmaking office in East Africa, therefore this would be a work-from-home position, with flexibility to consider other workspace options (shared office space, for example), if desired.
This is a full-time position. The candidate should have a valid work permit where they are based. The employment contract will comply with local labor laws and be set in local currency.
Minimum annual salary at the equivalent of $40,000 (in local currency), negotiable based on experience.
Please submit a carefully crafted cover letter that articulates your interest in the position and fit for the role, along with a current resume, through our application portal:
We strongly encourage African national applicants for this position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted through November 15th. Desired start date is January, 2022.
VVF is deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity and welcomes applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. We believe that our organization is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together to learn.
You can find more information about us on our website: https://www.vibrantvillage.org
General Manager , Ghana
Supervision of general activities, Control of Farms activities and Processing Site production activities.
Any other activity related to the Job.
Territory Manager Morocco , Morocco
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
As Territory Manager Morocco, the role will be responsible for selling Invisalign products in Morocco. It is a field sales role, based in Casablanca covering the Morocco region.
In this role, you will…
• Establish account relationships with current doctors and actively grow the business by adding new customers to the portfolio
• Support doctors with the development of their Practice
• Proactively network with uncertified potential customers to develop a new business growth plan
• Grow a portfolio covering Aligners and intra oral scanners. Medical Device and Capital equipment
• Manage accounts in Morocco and report back to the Area Sales Manager with all assigned reports
• With a result and plan oriented mind, ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned
• Consult regularly with internal partners on implementation of objectives
• As a true team player, participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
In this role, you’ll need …
• Demonstrate Consultative selling ability
• Highly Organized - with strong time management skills, Prioritization and advanced quarter activity planning
• Action Oriented – takes the initiative and is proactive
• Strong interpersonal, listening, and persuasive communication and presentation skills, to give the best advice to customers
• Results oriented - naturally strives for the best performance and has the willingness to learn
• Displays an open growth mindset
• Expert in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and experienced using computer aided sales systems
• Ability to lead and collaborate with cross functional groups
• Fluent in English and French
• Fluent Arabic is a plus
• A good team player, dynamic, optimistic, accurate, hard-working and creative
• Bachelors degree or above
• At least 3 years of proven sales record
• Ideally, with an industry background in the human sciences / medical devices field, preferably with products that are sensitive to active consumer/patient demand
We are looking for candidates with Moroccan citizenship only.
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the "Apply" link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry,Align is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
Sales Representative in DR Congo , Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Our client active in the Food and Beverage sector is looking for a Sales Representative in order to strengthen their MEA (Middle East & Africa) sales team. The candidate should preferably be based in the Republic of the Congo or the Democratic Republic of the Congo, since there is a growing market which is crucial for our client’s export strategy based on a sustainable business philosophy.
The Sales Representative will be responsible for generating sales volumes by developing partnerships and building strong brand awareness.
Requested are also very good competences in brand management, investments and (data) analytics.
What is the challenge?
• The Sales Representative will lead and influence the sales growth plan for a number of countries in Central Africa and will contribute to put in place the company’s value management and brand marketing programs with the client’s partners and marketeers. The SP will do so by evaluating new routes into the market and finding new ones to grow the company’s portfolio. Besides, the SP will be responsible for the training of the company’s partners in order to align with them about the plans to be implemented in the respective countries.
• The SP will be reporting to the Senior Sales Manager for Southern and Central Africa.
- The candidate must be living in Central Africa (preferably DRC) or is willing to relocate and must have experience in sales and/or business development in the region, although the candidate is expected to travel 30% of the time into neighboring countries.
- The candidate should hold a commercial Bachelor or, ideally, a master’s degree plus 3 – 5 years of experience in an international sales role, preferably in the FMCG.
- The SR should have good financial acumen and strong marketing experience with a proven ability to build trustworthy relationships, influence people through open and relevant communication and work independently.
- Fluent in French and English; fluency in a local language is an added value.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-growing and dynamic company and would like to become a Sales Representative in DR Congo, please apply at the top or bottom of our page (we kindly ask you to send your application in ENGLISH).
General Manager – LEAFS from Kenya , Kenya
Superfood, super healthy.
Moringa is the new superfood, but at LEAFS they take it a step further. They want to make a difference through impact. With their choices and targets they make impact through every Moringa seed sown. From production to distribution; from their fields in Kwale Country to the worldwide moringa market. Every step in the supply chain is managed by LEAFS.
LEAFS is a trustworthy partner for reliable supply of organically certified Moringa, dry powder and tea leaves. They are currently looking for a General Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about combining organic plant growing and processing experience with a passion for people management.
Contributing to the success, means jointly creating employment opportunities supporting over thousands of families so far. LEAFS contributes to regional business and economic growth and helps overcome some of the most severe problems in the developing world like malnutrition, deforestation, impure water, and poverty.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the efficiency and growth of the production plant. The production started from the first 100 acres of trees planted in beginning of the year, resulted in 2 million trees so far. The first harvest and processing is planned Q4 2021.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• P&L responsible for the daughter company in Kenya.
• Responsible for leading the management team, coach and set the example.
• Focus on professionalizing working processes, SOP’s and increase efficiency and productivity.
• Implement continuous improvement as way of working
• Ensure compliancy with company policies and make sure safety procedures are in place.
• Managing by walking around, checking on processes and progress
• Verify quality of product, and partner with QA to ensure all areas are in compliance with production and safety processes
• Provide management reporting towards directors in The Netherlands
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related
• Minimum of 5 yrs. management experience and a proven track record with (organic) crop production and / or processing
• Good people management skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to contribute ideas on how to expand and diversify the operation
• Excellent communication skills in both local and international stakeholder management
• Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for growth
• Multi-task oriented and very well organized
• Hands-on mentality, not afraid of decision making
• Africa experience is a must
• Willing to relocate to Diani Beach area
Do you want to contribute to a healthy, strong and sustainable world through LEAFS? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page!