COO , Guinea-Bissau
Cajutel is searching for a COO to open up our business in Guinea-Bissau. Your job is to launch our business from scratch in Bissau. You can tap into experience from our operation in Guinea and Sierra Leone where we are already operational.
You should have leadership skills, speak very well Portguese and English and be familiar with the local market. You must have know how in telecommunications and internet. French is a plus.
HEAD, PLANT OPERATIONS , Nigeria
For one of our clients, a diverse agro-processing company involved in animal feeds, oil and maize-milling, we are seeking a Head, Plant Operations. The job is created to direct, manage and optimize the manufacturing facilities' overall operations and financial performance (P&L).
The ideal candidate:
* Has gained a minimum of 10 years cognate experience in leading milling / FMCG / Manufacturing Operations / Engineering / Supply Chain Management.
* Obtained a First degree, however a post-graduate or MBA level is an advantage.
* Possesses strong leadership quality and is process focused
* Has knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, inventory management, and improvement processes
* Has end-to-end business process understanding and experience
* Manufacturing the site with responsibilities in production output, product quality and on-time shipping
* Putting policies and procedures in place to guide plant operations, quality and cost efficiency
* Collecting daily metrics to analyze productivity and setting performance targets
* Ensuring that robust plant security and safety inspections, auditing and training procedures are implemented to meet HSE standards
* Leading labour relations negotiations in cooperation with HR and other relevant stakeholders
* Overseeing multi-functional plant support team including finance, engineering, materials planning, quality, and people management.
Should you be interested, apply today.
Program & Operations Manager , Malawi
PROGRAM & OPERATIONS MANAGER : ASCENT SOCCER
(Location: Lilongwe, Malawi)
Target Start Date: Late-June 2023
Ascent Soccer is seeking an experienced, passionate and impact driven leader and mentor who believes in education and opportunity for the underserved talent and promise of Southeast Africa.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This brand new ‘Program & Operations Manager’ position is an opportunity for an experienced program manager and/or educator to be the driving force behind a positive and impact-focused soccer, scholarship and character development program for the top athletic and academic talent of Malawi.
The main responsibilities of the Program & Operations Manager will include (i) staff, scholar and organizational leadership, (ii) program culture, delivery and impact targets and (iii) human resource and financial management.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is willing to get involved with a variety of elements of academy life, along with being someone who understands the challenges of working in Southeast Africa while bringing a positive attitude and a solution-focused mindset.
We are looking for a joyful, demanding and nurturing leader who puts people, and our planet, first.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Our ideal candidate will bring the following qualifications to the ‘Program & Operations Manager’ role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Management, International Development, Sports Administration or other relevant field;
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role that has included youth education and/or sport, program management and delivery, team/relationship building and financial management;
- Strong communication skills, staff youth coaching/mentorship tools and the ability to build a positive and brave staff and campus culture;
- Confident problem solver and multi-tasker, with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Experience in financial operations, managing budgets, cash flow and human resources;
- Passionate about working with youth and setting the regional standard for a campus and leadership program that delivers the very best for soccer, scholarship, people and the planet;
- Clean driving record is preferred, fluent in English and a confident and curious ‘digital native;
- Previous experience working or traveling within Africa is an advantage, though not essential.
Ascent Soccer is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
OFFER & BENEFITS
This is a full-time contract opportunity in Malawi, which reports to the Director of Programs.
This contract opportunity offer as our ‘Program & Operations Manager’ would include the following:
- Competitive monthly salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience
- One return flight (if applicable) annually between your home city & Lilongwe
- Private accommodations in Lilongwe with high-speed internet
- Private vehicle for work and personal use
- Work Visa & Health Insurance
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
The application process for this role will close on Friday, June 2, 2023.
To apply for this position please send the following to the attention of George Maguire, Co-Founder & Director of Programs:
- Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Video (maximum 2 minutes, sharing your leadership philosophy and why you are interested
in this ‘Program & Operations Manager’ opportunity at Ascent Soccer in Malawi
Submit your application package via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or WhatsApp (+265998943680).
Africa Business Development Specialist - Cape Town , South Africa
JobnetAfrica is a boutique Executive Search firm that focusses on international companies in Africa, doing business in the agro supply chain, renewable energy and logistics.
Just a few pointers to get a feel of who we are:
1. We are dedicated to the progress of our customers, Africa, our company and our employees
2. We don’t just talk the talk but we walk the walk. Each member of our team has experienced the challenges and opportunities of moving beyond their comfort zone
3. In our daily work, we show gratitude, not an attitude. We are supportive of customers & colleagues, and we encourage dialogue
4. As matchmakers, we are the ones that make people feel at ease; we make things happen, we are curious, and we show genuine interest in everything
5. We pay attention to the situation and our surroundings. We know when to act and when not to act, and we never twist rules for personal gain
Over the last few years, our client base has grown exponentially. Plans are to keep growing and in order to do so, we are looking for a Business Development Specialist.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for generating new leads and maintaining existing clients, and with these, meeting sales goals. Duties will include building a sales funnel online as well as through networking and travels, having sales conversations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential and existing clients.
In order to be successful in this role, you ideally have a deep understanding of the African market, in the agro supply chain, renewable energy and / or logistics, or are keen to develop this. You are enthusiastic to master our sales processes and dynamics within the Executive Search industry in Africa. Previous intercultural experience in a sales role is a must.
Business Development Specialist Responsibilities:
• Generating leads through JobnetAfrica’s pre-designed sales funnel
o Create a persona on LinkedIn
o Online volume outreach
o Visit networking events
o Travel to African destinations, our so called ‘road shows’
• Taking leads through sales process till closure
o Negotiating contracts with prospective as well as existing clients
o Preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders
• Taking clients through recruitment process till hiring
o Act as project and account manager for ongoing orders
o Work closely together with our experienced team of Executive Recruiters
• Meeting or exceeding sales goals
• Be a positive addition to the existing team
Sales Representative Requirements:
• Experience working in or with African countries
• Willingness to travel into Africa (appr 3-4x per year)
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 3+ years experience in B2B sales
• Experience selling to C-suite decision makers
• Understanding of the sales process and dynamics
• Proven record of successfully obtaining sales targets
• A commitment to excellent customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with customers
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Able to work comfortably individually as well as in a team
• French language is a preference
What we offer:
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at success
• Hybrid work situation
• A fun and dedicated team
• An adventurous, demanding and challenging job with a great work / life balance!
Are you interested in this exciting vacancy? Please apply via the link.
Sorter , Mozambique
1- Competitive level of salary;
2- Daytime work week (irregular working hours);
3- Work in a large and stable company – in the structure of the largest SEZ in Europe;
4- Voluntary medical insurance policy;
5- Preferential accommodation;
6- Paid vacations and sick leave;
7- Free training;
8- Young, ambitious, project-oriented team;
9- Corporate events, team games;
10- Career growth in the presence and acquisition of necessary competences in the process of work;
11- Relocation costs are covered by the employer (including flight tickets, visa application costs, etc.);
12- Employees are provided with certificates of professional training;
13- Certificates of Russian language proficiency are provided upon the completion of language courses.
1- Receiving, placing goods in storage places with the help of warehouse equipment
2- Performing a piece-by-piece count and checking incoming deliveries
3- Sort and organize products in the warehouse
4- Ensure that all items are properly labeled and stored in the correct location
5- Inspect products for damage or defects
6- Entering data in WMS system about quantities, batches, production dates, expiration dates of received goods;
7- Participation in inventory and other activities necessary for the proper functioning of the warehouse.
8- Maintain a clean and organized work area
9- Adhere to all safety procedures and guidelines
Director of International Education and Outreach , Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting is seeking an experienced, creative, detail-oriented, and person to support our organization as the Director of International Education and Outreach.
Our aim is to find a candidate who shares our passion for raising awareness of critical global issues and is experienced with the ins and outs of engagement, outreach, community building, and interdisciplinary work, and demonstrates a strong understanding of different education and engagement approaches to influence change
Pulitzer’s International Education and Outreach (IEO) program brings together specialists from across the globe. By connecting teachers, students, youth, influencers, journalists, and professionals, we work to foster engagement and create more powerful narratives on the rainforest and climate issues. Intertwining journalism, education, and outreach in different and crucial climate hotspots in the world, starting with the world’s largest tropical rainforest regions we hope to be part of a greater and unstoppable multi-stakeholder movement that directly engages in improving policies, market campaigns, and other accountability mechanisms, exposing harmful practices and holding those in power to account.
This position is primarily remote, but will occasionally be asked to travel for events.
Supervise the IEO regional initiatives led by team managers and ensure internal coordination and liaison with IEO's mission and Theory of Change.
Lead processes for establishing and executing individual and team goals, including supervising, and coaching the IEO team members, with the aim of fostering career development opportunities and building an effective team; leading processes for establishing and executing individual and team goals
Oversee cross-regional IEO conferences, convenings, and events aimed to promote Pulitzer Center-supported journalism projects and outreach goals of IEO initiatives.
Lead the IEO team to identify and strengthen methods of internal and cross-team collaboration, including working with other engagement teams and with the Editorial and Communications departments.
Engagement and impact
Orchestrate the implementation of effective and culturally appropriate outreach and education programs inspired by the Pulitzer Center model.
Ensure all IEO initiatives are designed to increase the global visibility of the Pulitzer Center’s work and expand the impact of stories beyond initial publication/broadcast, increasing language accessibility for diverse audiences, modeling innovative ways to continue to grow audience reach and engagement, and working with local partners and organizations to build networks.
Lead program evaluation and metrics established on the IEO Theory of Change, including timely impact data collection through qualitative and quantitative research methods including surveys, focus groups, and more.
Direct IEO communication around impact to internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership and donors.
Direct the development of cross-border initiatives.
Finance and program administration
Lead program finance administration in alignment with the CEEO, CFOO, and the Operations team, supervising distribution of grants to regional initiatives, supervising the scheduling of payments to consultants and outreach partners, reviewing and approving all payments, and leading financial reviews and departmental process improvements.
Responsible for creating and monitoring the IEO budget, working with the, CEEO, CFOO and senior leadership for budget planning.
Liaise with the Development team and senior leadership on fundraising and grant application strategy, providing meaningful strategic contribution to the process, from drafting of grant proposals to the maintenance of records on grant expenditures and impact.
Experience as a senior leader in an organization of similar size.
Experience directing and managing international teams and international programs.
Experience in fostering effective program delivery, and building and maintaining networks, especially in the Global South
Minimum 10 years experience with engagement initiatives (education, communication, or outreach fields), with a track record of success
Financial literacy at the director / senior manager level, experience creating, maintaining, and reviewing budgets and strategic planning.
Commitment to social and environmental justice. Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Strong organizational development experience, ideally within both institutional and individual frameworks, growing teams and infrastructure.
A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with proven people and time management skills, and experience coaching others on managing concurrent projects with potentially competing priorities.
Proficiency in oral and written English
Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time.
Experience working with non-profit, public relations, marketing, and cultural production initiatives intersecting with communication and journalism is a plus
Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and proven ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
Language abilities in addition to English are a plus. Special consideration is given to those who speak one or more of the following languages: Portuguese, Spanish, French, Bahasa Indonesian
Master's degree in a relevant area of expertise including but not limited to education, communication, sociology, anthropology, environmental studies, and journalism.
$114,000 ‒ $118,000 Annually
The Center uses an established compensation philosophy in administering compensation. Offers are determined based on candidate qualifications, related experience, internal equity, and the amount budgeted for the position.
The salary range listed above is for US-based employees.
Compensation for US-based employees
Our benefits package includes paid time off (holiday, vacation, parental and sick), health care coverage (including medical/dental/vision), health savings accounts 403(b) retirement plan, transit benefit, parental leave, and Life & ADD/LTD/STD Insurance.
Compensation for non-US-based employees
All non-US salaries are calculated using an international conversion index, which includes estimates for comparable positions in the country of residence and the estimated cost of health insurance. We do not offer health or retirement benefits for employees outside of the US. We do offer paid leave benefits which include hours in recognition of local holidays, vacation, sick, parental, and bereavement leave.
The Pulitzer Center is an equal-opportunity employer. The Center is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where the individual differences among us, whether in terms of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, physical challenge, or marital or family status, are (i) understood, respected, and appreciated, (ii) recognized as a source of strength, and (iii) valued as qualities that enrich the environment in which we work. See our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement for details.
For more information about the Pulitzer Center, visit pulitzercenter.org.
APPLY ONLINE HERE: https://pulitzer-center-on-crisis-reporting.rippling-ats.com/job/613367/director-of-international-education-and-outreach
Talent Acquisition Manager - Benin , Benin
Our client designs, finances, conceives, and operates industrial ecosystems across Africa. All of their industrial ecosystems include world-class integrated logistics services ensuring greater competitiveness. Through their industrial hubs, they seek to contribute to the development of more competitive economies and more equitable societies for tomorrow, helping achieve greater income equality in Africa. They are working on multiple ongoing activities across Africa through strategic partnerships with African governments.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Manager to manage all hiring activities for corporate functions across various projects including the cashew business, port operations, e-mobility, textile and more. This role is based onsite in Benin.
Are you a strong HR professional that has experience of working in a multicultural environment, building teams, putting the right people in the right places, pushing growth, culture, and communication, implementing processes and procedures whilst rolling out in several African countries? Then this could be for you.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs
- Source potential candidates through various online channels (e.g. social platforms and professional networks)
- Organize and attend in person job fairs and recruitment events
- Determine selection criteria via job descriptions and interview questions
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Lead employer branding initiatives and foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates
- Collaborate with global HR team and support in growing the team across projects
What we are looking for:
- 6-10 years experience in talent acquisition with a focus on proactive sourcing (headhunting)
- Generalist experience working on diverse roles in various industries e.g. manufacturing, logistics/shipping, agriculture, textile, energy, sustainability etc.
- Experience working in a recruiting agency/staffing firm preferred
- Experience managing staffing agencies for high volume recruiting preferred
- Bi-lingual (working knowledge of English and French)
- Experience and ability to work in an international, diverse environment
- A background of working and/or living in Africa
- Flexible approach and open to change
- Confident personality with a bias for action
What is on offer:
- Being part of an organisation that is a frontrunner when it comes to achieve greater income equality in Africa
- Being part of an inspirational team that innovates and drives you forward
- Great growth potential in a fast-scaling business
- A competitive package with benefits including settling allowance, flight tickets, car and fuel allowance, medical insurance.
General Manager , South Africa
For one of our clients in the metal processing industry, we are seeking a General Manager with operational experience in Aluminum powders and granules for various applications in different industries. The ideal candidate develops and maintains business relationships with existing and potential customers to meet sales objectives within the region. The ideal candidate has the responsibility but also the freedom to adapt global strategies to the local market, while implementing performance management and talent management, and maintaining a positive team atmosphere. You are encouraged to spend time with customers, working hands-on in addition to your management activities.
• Plan and organize production and delivery schedules.
• Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines.
• Ensure that production and administrative processes run reliably and efficiently by planning and organizing schedules and resource requirements (raw materials, people, equipment, PPE, work tools, etc.)
• Observe production and administration to resolve issues.
• Continuously monitor and report production performance parameters such as volumes produced, inventory, yield etc.
• Thoroughly understand all equipment used for production and product handling.
• Understand different products and their handling requirements and ensure adherence to strict quality control standards and avoid deviations, rejections, and double handling.
• Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all employees.
• Manage discipline, grievances, time, and attendance and ensure overtime is kept within legal limits.
• Bachelor's degree in metal engineering, marketing, business administration, or related
• 5 years plus experience in the liquid metal operation of the steel or other metal industry
• Strong networker with excellent writing, vocal and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly analytic, organizational, and creative thinking skills
• Proactive posture with a high sense of entrepreneurial necessity and urgency
• Experience in developing innovative commercial strategies and leading both direct sales force and channel routes to market.
• Results driven, proactive and a systematic, problem-solving oriented way of thinking.
• Interpersonal skills and leadership qualities to build and lead a cohesive, focused, and motivated team.
• A reliable person inspiring confidence and able to deal with people at all levels.
• Empathetic with listening skills.
• An assertive and responsive leader and a good team player at the same time.
• An open, outgoing, and robust person with natural self-confidence.
• A strong communicator and an inspiring and pro-active leader.
• Pragmatic with high integrity and a drive for doing things professionally.
• Intelligent and analytical with helicopter view and a positive and constructive way of thinking.
• Good business understanding and at the same time extremely quality conscious with sense of important details.
Are you interested?
Apply here and include your application letter and updated CV.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in KZN? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Are you looking for international jobs in Africa? JobnetAfrica is the most reliable website for international professionals that are looking for careers in Africa. Are you looking for jobs in Africa or have you worked here before? Our platform is available for everyone who would like to live and work in one of the beautiful parts of Africa. Please have a look at our international jobs for expats in Africa.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our jobs in Africa. We leave nobody in the unknown and contact everyone who has taken time to approach us. Upload your profile on our website and make sure you do not miss out on any of your dream jobs in Africa!