Commercial Manager , Malawi
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
Managing Director , Ghana
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
CEO in Ghana , Ghana
The CEO is a first member of the team for the port project, and serves as a strategic partner and advisor to the client’s management team and Director – Global Investments. As the CEO the candidate will set-up and provide leadership and direction to the (project) team responsible for delivering the services under the Concession Agreement, and manage the day-to-day affairs of the company including but not limited to construction, financial, operational, administrative, community relations, and customer creation and service. The CEO will be the primary contact point between all port-related government bodies.
The right candidate is an engaging and focused leader who leverages best practice management skills to maximize team performance. As an individual the CEO is highly adaptive and excels in a dynamic environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directing functions & performance
• Sets up & Leads the local team in management of day-to-day affairs of the company.
• Ensures that all managers are up to date with the concession related terms.
• Oversees annual budget requirements, approving budget guidelines, with end accountability for the achievement of both budget and financial goals of the organization in accordance with the business plan and updated financial model.
2. Contract Management
• Ensures that all company activities are carried out in commercial, technical, operational compliance with the concession agreement, projects agreements, financing agreements, service agreements and agreed business plan.
• Interfaces with all major contractors and vendors to achieve the agreed performance output as contracted.
• Ensures all contractual obligations of the company are fully met.
• Secures appropriate long-term service contracts.
• Seeks opportunities to enhance the popularity of the port and increase the project’s revenue potential.
3. Communication & Liaison
• Builds and actively manages relationships with all stakeholders.
• Represents the organization with the shareholders, the financial community and the public including the media.
4. Developing the business strategy
• Provides the vision, leadership and direction for the company. Establishes short and long-term goals, objectives, plans and policies, subject to approval by the client’s management.
• Develops the commercial strategy for approval by the client’s management.
• Develops and manages the business plan and annual operating plan.
5. Recruitment and Development
• Recruits / manages the local Senior Management team, and provides mentoring/guidance to senior managers.
• Implements a relevant performance management system.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• At least fifteen (15+) plus years of working as an MD or CEO with experience in successfully managing concessions agreements and Oil & Gas/ off-shore terminal construction projects, in Ghana or West Africa.
• Extensive managerial and leadership knowledge, applying best practices to all sections of the business.
• Successful Track record of stakeholder management and dealing with senior authorities, bureaucrats and ministry level individuals.
• Excellent contacts with public authorities in Ghana.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including a high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to influence.
• In-depth understanding of financial concepts, financial models and hands-on with the financial implications of the project implementation processes.
• Excellent business acumen, including project management skills.
• Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• A collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
• Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
All applicants are required to submit to a complete background check and medical examination as a condition of employment. Only candidates that have successfully passed both checks will be eligible for employment.
If you’re interested in the position of CEO apply through this link.
Resident Director in Mozambique , Mozambique
Our client is a large civil engineering company and following a restructuring of their southern African business, there is a vacancy for the role of Director Advisory Group & Resident Director: Mozambique. The role is responsible to ensure profitability, sustainability and continuity of the Mozambique department. The appointment to the role will be for a period of two years. The role will be based in Maputo.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Director Advisory Group:
• Lead the allocated part of the Business Unit in order to ensure profitability, sustainability and continuity of the Business Line.
• Prepare and manage a realistic and ambitious annual budget for the AG, in line with corporate guidelines and in coordination with other relevant parts of the business.
• To be responsible for the successful achievement of annual targets for the Advisory Group as measured by the standard financial metrics (Profit & Loss), TIP and QHSE audits and revenue generation.
• Realise commercial goals by identifying opportunities in the market, in collaboration with the Chief Commercial Officer, and supporting sales initiatives and client relationship management.
• Supervise management of projects in close collaboration with all parties and stakeholders involved and work in close collaboration with the Director Operational Excellence to realise the goals set for the AG.
• Build, maintain and leverage a professional network of internal and external stakeholders or partners and represent the AG internally and externally.
• For their specific Advisory Group, the DAG is overall responsible for products, services and processes.
• Ensure efficient and effective operations by driving collaboration and network performance.
• Lead organisational development and changes and act as a role model for desired behaviours, live the core values.
• This position may include technical and commercial responsibilities in addition to AG management.
• Accountable for the sound governance of the Mozambican entity in terms of, inter alia, legal compliance, project execution and fiscal and tax obligation.
• Responsible for reputation management and incident and crisis management of the Mozambican entity.
• Responsible for the operational management of the Mozambican office, including support functions, ensuring local compliance to the company's policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the execution of Corporate Social Responsibility related activities in Mozambique.
• Prepare formal board resolutions.
• Act as the primary contact in the country, both internally and externally.
• Formulate the strategy and business plan of the AG and ensure implementation and follow-up.
• Collaboration with the Business Line Management team in the delivery of BL strategy.
• Promote culture transformation within the BL.
• Responsible for achieving working capital management targets and cash flow for the advisory group.
• Management and responsibility of overhead budget.
Internal Operations/Business Processes
• Compliance of AG activities with the companies’ procedures and BL guidelines.
• Drive change within the AG – ensuring engagement with new processes, procedures and Digital Way of Working.
• Accountable for the efficient and effective execution of projects and implements and integrates all relevant internal processes.
• Responsible for the submission of proposals to SA ROC.
• Responsible for the order and sales portfolio of the AG, maintaining order book levels (firm and potential) at target levels for the AG.
• Proactive Management of opportunities and leads.
• Co-ordination of the marketing activities if applicable.
• Ensure all client activity is recorded on CRM.
• Responsible for Client relations including maintaining or achieving client satisfaction.
• May be required to perform account management for named accounts within the Business Line.
• Manage employee resourcing including liaison with other AG’s to ensure capacity is available and/or utilised efficiently and effectively within Business Line and across BL borders.
• Responsible for team formation to fit market requirements, including recruitment, resource and succession planning.
• Development of employees - ensure development reviews are completed, training planned and followed up, knowledge is shared, and staff are encouraged to reach their full potential.
• Take overall responsibility for employee issues within the AG, including annual reviews, performance management, and welfare of employees.
• Facilitate engagement and communication within the AG.
• Work with DBU to ensure that opportunities for disciplined (targeted) collaboration across AGs are identified and achieved.
• Ensure sustainable financial performance.
• Ensure corporate governance and compliance of the entity.
• Drive culture transformation.
• Design and drive new strategies
• Deliver high margins
• Run an intact business
• Deliver exceptional customer service
• Represent the organisation externally
• Facilitate a collaborative culture
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience:
• Relevant technical or business degree.
• Post graduate qualification is advantageous.
• Professional registration is advantageous.
• (Recent) experience of managing part of a business and/or multi-disciplinary project teams with line, profit & loss, commercial and contracts responsibilities.
• Entrepreneur with clear market drive, focus on clients and client network as well as on performance of the AG in this respect.
• Performance driven and achievement (results) oriented.
• Able to translate broad strategies into clear objectives and practical action plans.
• Client centric and a high level of business acumen.
• Stimulates collaboration across BLs.
• Cultural sensitivity.
• Supportive leader with coaching skills.
• Accountable and responsible.
• Able to use judgement and discretion effectively and appropriately.
• Excellent communication, facilitating and influencing skills.
• High level of integrity.
• Willing to travel to suit the requirements of the role.
Are you interested in becoming a Resident Director in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Warehouse Manager Zambia , Zambia
Do you see yourself as being responsible for effective and successful management of a 4PL logistics service provider? Do you have the experience in a role which involves overseeing the warehouse operations within a country and ensuring an organisation is running with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers?
Our client is a large 4PL logistics solution provider. We have been assigned to help them look for candidates who are strategic thinkers with the capability to continue to innovate and grow their locations across Africa.
Your key roles will include but not limited to:
• Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
• Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.•Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Leadership skills to motivate and inspire team members
• Clear communication skills ensuring clear and candid information
• Strong management skills ensuring efficient use of resources
• Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems
• Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures
• Problem solving skills to ensure obstacle to progress are overcome
• A minimum of University Graduate Degree in any relevant discipline or equivalent vocational experience in Transport / Logistics service support
• Experience in warehousing and general freight forwarding, trucking and airfreight
• Experience in mining industry (copper & cobalt) (preferable)
• Minimum of 5 years of Management experience
• Fluent in English
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director in Tanzania , Tanzania
Our client, a company producing beverages, wishes to recruit a managing director (MD) to carry it through and beyond its existing strategy.
1. Expectations from new MD
1.1 Market expansion
The existing strategy of the company is to grow focus on its current brands to the end of 2022. However, they shall be happy if the new managing director will take us through a market expansion to a larger part of east African region, which includes Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, and South Sudan. So to a larger part and not necessarily to the entire region.
1.2 Product diversification
To continue with the growth objectives, they would appreciate to diversify into other conventional products.
1.3 Strategic investor
The new MD is therefore expected to lead an initiative to write a new strategic plan to accommodate the out of the box ideas he/she will implement. We believe that the company has a huge potential for growth and expansion. This can include opportunities for inviting a strategic investor who can acquire up to 49% of the company shares. There are matters that will arise as a result of strategic investor which includes but not limited to having own appointed directors in the company which they are open for.
1.4 Improve liquidity
Such an expansion will enable the company to consolidate its position as a leading producer of beverages for low income consumers in East Africa and resolve the large liabilities that accumulated during the times of turbulence from 2016 to end of 2019.
1.5 The wishes of market expansion and product diversification have been the wish of this company and several unsuccessful attempts have been made towards this. For the company the main reason for the initiatives not to succeed is limited skills of the management.
2. Proposed renumeration and benefits
2.1 Renumeration of EURO 4,000 to 5,000 nett of social security benefit and payroll taxes
2.2 Furnished accommodation with basic facilities (Furniture, Fridge, TV- items of personal nature like bedsheets, pots plates and similar are a responsibility of the MD)
2.3 Air time EURO 100 per month
2.4 Self-drive car with fuel and unlimited mileage within Tanzania
2.5 AAR worldwide medical insurance to staff and wife or husband and children
2.6 Working days will follow the company established timetable that is Mondays to Fridays from 8.00am to 5.00pm and in between there is one-hour lunch break from 1.00 to 2.00 pm, and on Saturdays from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm.
2.7 28 calendar leave days for each year of service.
2.8 Once a year air ticket to his home country if outside Tanzania for MD wife and children-under 18 or above 18 but school going.
2.9 NB: No provision to school fees for children. There are three international schools in Arusha, Braeburn, (UWC School) Moshi International school Arusha Branch- IB syllabus, and St. Constantine School-Cambridge Syllabus)
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director South Africa , South Africa
Reporting - Director Sales MEA & Head of Region EMEA
Office - office in Johannesburg,
Region - South Africa, but also Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Angola & Madagascar (= Area "Sub Sahara")
- Sales und Service Focus in Region, Business Development Sales Area "Sub Sahara"
- Leading by example & being the 1st sales manager in region (development of new business)
- Leading about 35 employees and growing (also admin functions)
- Improvement and Development of organization in area "Sub Sahara"
- Decision about how to cover all countries in region with sales and service (employees/agents or subcontractors)
- Sales focus: housing equipment for poultry, laying hens but also pig
- Succession of current job holder who will retire in 2 years
- New MD should take on tasks immediately despite current MD
- Experience in managing employees, in agriculture business, technical knowledge and a sales background strongly preferred
- Fluency in English
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Head of Sales for East Africa , Kenya
Our client is a fast-growing technology company delivering solutions to agribusinesses in emerging markets.
1. To lead the development and retention of new and existing clients in the agribusiness industry in East Africa.
2. Engage in industry building spaces to raise the commercial profile of the company brand and expand commercial network and partnerships.
3. Grow the existing distribution partnerships to increase the scope and reach of the company's commercial activity in East Africa.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Strongly motivated and knowledgable individual that is passionate about agriculture.
2. Degree in business, marketing or related topic. Advanced degree an advantage.
3. 5+ years experience in agribusiness or cold chain logistics in East Africa, particularly in Kenya, and/or
4. 5+ years experience in sales and marketing and B2B sales of technology or services in the East Africa region, particularly Kenya.
5. Strong presentation and communication ability and the ability to communicate with C-Suite level clientele.
6. Fluency in English and a working knowledge of Swahili is an advantage.
7. Experience in commercial work in multiple countries in East Africa.
- Full time role based in Nairobi
- Contract will be base pay and commission
- Full drivers license and having a vehicle is an advantage
- Travel outside of Nairobi and around the region at least 25% of time
- This vacancy is open to Kenyan nationals and internationals that have a valid work permit or permanent residency in Kenya
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Sales for East Africa based in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.