Senior Recruiter & Head-Hunter for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the African recruitment space and a passion for recruitment head-hunting and/or executive search? Have you placed candidates across the continent? Do you love pampering your clients and making sure they hire the best professionals in the field? Do you go the extra mile? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Recruiter / head-hunter / executive search specialist with full cycle experience, to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As our new team member, you are responsible for:
• Taking on new assignments, obtained by our sales crew
• Conducting a thorough briefing with the client on the organisation and role(s)
• Advising the client on the options and introduce inventive ways to look at the process
• Managing online outings and timelines together with our content manager
• Taking on the search and selection process, using existing and upcoming ways of finding talent
• Conduction (mostly online) interviews and writing interview reports
• Proposing of shortlists to the client
• Support the hiring and onboarding process with the client
• Close the assignment
• After care on both the candidates and the clients
• Helping designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
• Collaborating with the sales and management team
• Proven work experience as an international Recruiter in Africa (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter), with experience in multiple sectors
• Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems (CMS) and Linkedin recruiter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
Personality we are looking for:
• Independent worker, that loves to be part of a growing team and company
• Thrives on successes, pushing for placements
• Friendly nature, keeping your calm when things move slow
• Has to be flexible, not everything always goes the way we want it to go
• Show initiative, there is lots to be taken on and streamlined
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at successful placement
• Flexibility, you can work from home and / or our office in Johannesburg
• A very challenging and demanding job with a great lifestyle!!
CFO Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
Reports to CEO
Our client is an established international supplier of organic and Fairtrade processed food. They have developed sustainable food chains and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer. The overall responsibilities of the CFO is to manage company’s finances, manage financial planning and management of risks, analysis of data, record-keeping and financial reporting. In this role you are also overseeing the administative and HR department, as well as IT developments.
Task and responsibilities
- Organize, plan and Supervise the accounting and financial management of the structure, including the strict control of Cash Flow and the management of financing by third parties (clients or financial institutions)
- Collaborate in the establishment of accounting and financial statements; National and international reporting
- Managing and prepare budgets and their follow-ups, analyze discrepancies, recommend solutions
- Develop documents (dashboards) and procedures, in order to have cost accounting;
- Ensuring all aspects of HR are well organized, contracts, labor laws, negotiations with staff
- Follow up on data relating to payroll, leave, reimbursement of personnel costs and occupational medicine;
- Develop and optimize the tools and procedures related to the proper functioning of administrative and financial services
- Ensure the fiscal monitoring of transactions, in particular with the various national and international stakeholders (VAT, standardized invoices, withholding taxes, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with BCEAO procedures
- IT architecture watch in collaboration with external service providers.
- Supervise and carry out all the accounting entries;
- Manage arguments with the Chartered Accountant and Statutory Auditor councils,
- Assist project managers and heads of departments in the development of action programs in their budgetary aspects
- Ensure the budgetary monitoring of actions / agreements and the establishment of intermediate / final reports
- Prepare financial data for General Meetings and boards of directors: analyzes and summaries, arguments for provisions and strategic choices
- Degree in Finance & Accounting, Management or equivalent: Bac + 4/5 or equivalent level
- Mastering computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet): software skills (office automation and accounting software SAGE)
- +5 years of experience in an International company, a complex business or industry, commercial sector
- Experience in working in West African context
- entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude
- understanding of technology, IT systems
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good sense of human relations and making a social impact to the lives of people
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Store Manager in Ghana , Ghana
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for a Store Manager to be based at their plant in Ghana.
We are looking for a results driven retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management of the factory as well as fleet including spare parts. The successful candidate will be able to meet profitability goals and manage staff effectively. Store Manager responsibilities includes a team of 5 assistant store managers.
• Inventory management, cleaning up slow moving stock, maintain good inventory levels
• Receiving, ordering and ERP systems
• Meet goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to staff
• Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• Maintain outstanding store condition and standards
• Report on buying trends, needs, profits etc
• Deal with all issues that arise from staff or internal customers (complaints, grievances etc)
• Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
• Possibly growing in to timber store management too
• BS Degree in engineering (spare parts), supply chain, logistics, or relevant field
• Proven successful experience as a Store Manager
• Powerful leading skills and business orientation
• Strong organizational skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with purchasing is a plus
Are you interested in this role? Please apply through below button.
Project Manager in Rwanda , Rwanda
Job title: Project Manager
Reports to: Director of Partnerships
Strat Date: February 1st 2021
Carnegie Mellon University Africa is seeking a passionate and experienced professional to serve as Project Manager, overseeing and leading a wide range of high value projects for the university.
About Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) is a leading U.S. university, particularly known for research and graduate education in engineering and computer science. In 2011, CMU opened a global location of its College of Engineering in Rwanda, known as Carnegie Mellon University Africa in Rwanda (CMU-Africa). CMU-Africa currently offers two renowned master’s degrees to facilitate the provision of fourth industrial revolution skills to students from across the African continent:
1. Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT)
2. Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering (MSECE)
We are a fast-growing campus with 130 enrolled students, aiming to grow to 400 in the next four years. Our size and exponential growth create a sense of camaraderie and excitement, with strong community ties and a compound sense of accomplishment in our team members, contributing towards mutually beneficial relationships between staff and students. We recruit arguably the brightest young computer scientists and engineers on the continent to become our students. Motivated, creative and determined, our students’ transformative experience at CMU-Africa sets them on the path to becoming the future tech leaders of Africa.
Rwanda, affectionately known as “The Land of a Thousand Hills”, is located in the highlands of the Great Rift Valley in East Africa. Its highly elevated geography is dominated by scenic mountains in the west, with numerous lakes scattered throughout the country. There are four national parks comprising extinct volcanoes, savannah, wetlands, and one of the oldest rainforests in Africa. The climate is temperate to subtropical, with two rainy seasons and two dry seasons each year. The temperature is stable with an average high temperature of between 26°C and 30°C all year round.
The capital city, Kigali, is well known for cleanliness and security. It is fast becoming a metropolitan city with a thriving expatriate community and residents from most parts of the world making this their home in recent years. Public infrastructure is well-maintained, with a good traffic network, fast and reliable internet services, and a sound health system. There is a good selection of shops, restaurants and cafes catering to intercontinental and varied customer needs.
As CMU-Africa’s Project Manager (PM) you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the completion of specific projects, ensuring they are on time, on budget and within scope. You will be expected to keep knowledge and information flowing seamlessly between CMU-Africa and all project stakeholders, playing the lead role in presenting project status and plans to the sponsors and closing activities throughout the project. A key requirement will be the development of your own technical understanding to win team members’ respect.
This is a senior role within the university requiring interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders at various levels, throughout the project stages - from ideation through to completion - to manage several moving project parts simultaneously. While specific responsibilities will vary depending on the nature of the project, they will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
1. Oversee entire project to ensure delivery within scope, time, and budget
2. Design highly-specified schedule of activities with milestones and deliverables based on the project plan
3. Work with CMU-Africa administration to facilitate timely onboarding of consultants, legal contracting and payment mechanisms
4. Monitor progress and hold all participants accountable for undertaking their activities
5. Iterate on and refine the schedule of activities depending on availability of data, cooperation with project partners, and any changes that may come up
6. Organize and motivate the project team
7. Utilize an online project management tool such as Trello to control time management
8. Take charge of developing data sharing agreements between CMU-Africa and other partners as needed
9. Analyze and manage project risk using a SWOT analysis and scenario planning, and
10. Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
§ Passionate about education and developing technology leadership capacity in Africa
§ Analytical thinker with the ability to synthesize data to make informed, strategic decisions
§ Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect easily with people from various cultures and backgrounds
§ Agile learner with the ability to adapt and thrive in an evolving and diverse business environment
§ Dynamic self-starter with the ability to think independently and develop innovative approaches to solve problems
§ Proven ability to solve problems creatively
§ Project Management Professional certification (PMP) essential
§ Bachelor's degree in business administration, education or another relevant field. Master’s degree preferred
§ 5+ years of experience in project or program management required
§ Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
§ Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
§ Excellent oral/written communication skills required
§ Fluency in English is required
§ Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
§ Advanced knowledge of Excel
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Finance & Administrative Officer in Ghana , Ghana
Our client's team in Ghana has been operating for over 4 years with sustainability activities via partners, but they are now establishing their own entity. We are looking for a finance and administrative officer for the office in Accra to help set-up all governing structures in the organization to support the growth of our client. Our client is active in sustainable supply chains in the agricultural sector.
1. Management of Accounting, Financial Reporting and Budgeting
• Organize bookkeeping for the organization in Accra and execute direct financial transactions
• Request for funds of partners and review realized expenditures and financial reports
• Reviewing all submitted budgets and spending on monthly and quarterly basis and giving feedback to the Head Office
• Together with the country representative coordinate the establishment of the operational budget
2. Setting up all structures for establishment in Ghana and ensuring the foundation can operate independently
• Setting up the legal entity in Ghana with the applicable regulatory bodies
• To design the required statutory documents including tax policy, ensuring compliance with legislation
• Coordinate the opening of the company's bank account in Ghana in collaboration with the Financial Officer at the head office and maintain all banking affairs from that moment
3. Office support
• Organize the procurement of equipment in compliance with procurement protocols
• Management of upkeep and maintenance of office supplies and environment
4. Human Resource Management
• Organizing and maintaining payroll of the company and staff pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Designing and managing contracts of staff pay-rolled with the organization, as well as supervising contract design of staff that is pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Ensuring alignment in HR policies
• Leading recruitment processes
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over The Netherlands and West Africa. In Accra, you will be based in the office of the core team with 5 people working on Ghana project management, and work with over 60 staff-members directly and indirectly. You’ll work closely with guidance of the Finance Officer in the Netherlands and report to the country representative.
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance or business administration
• At least 5 years of experience in finance
• A passionate and ambitious worker
• Self-starter and willing to manage big portfolios as well as execute simple tasks
• Accurate, analytic, efficient and problem-solving
• Innovative and driven to continuously improve our procedures and projects
• Fluency in English; fluency in French is an advantage;
You will be part of a fast-growing international organization with great future career opportunities. Work Status 40 hours per week. Based in Accra, Ghana, with possible travels to other West African countries.
Are you interested in becoming a Finance & Administrative Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Human Resource Manager in Ghana , Ghana
For a company within the agricultural industry, we are seeking an experienced HR Manager to become the Head of department. The start date for this role is January 2021 preferably, because of a replacement. The company is offering all kind of services to farmers and they are working according to international standards. The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure all Human Resources related policies, procedures and standards of practice are in place, are current and adhered to. Recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees. Payroll management.
The company is currently going through a restructuring and we are therefore seeking a strong candidate with an experience in restructuring of departments and/or companies.
In this role you are directly reporting to the Operations Manager and you will have an Assistant that is reporting to you in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Accomplishes human resource objectives by facilitating processes for: recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; and manage existing employees.
• Monitoring, appraising, reviewing and maintaining personnel records of performance reviews
• Developing, reviewing, revising and ensuring compliance with of HR policies and procedures.
• Maintaining records, management and analyses of all staff training, workshops, seminars and meetings attended by or organized for staff development.
• Management of Payroll
• Execute Management decisions, change management proposals, dismissal, resignation and end of service
• Contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; providing leadership in professional societies
• Degree/Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
• Preferably experience in an agricultural environment
• Minimum 3 – 5 years proven leadership and management experience in a Human Resources Management role and a total of 7-10 years of experience in HR.
• Current knowledge and application of labour and labour related legislative frameworks
• + 2 years of experience with change management, restructuring of department or companies
• Putting procedures and processes in place
• Experience with Unions in Ghana
• Employee branding and employee satisfaction
Are you interested in becoming a Human Resource Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Finance Partner in DRC , Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
We are looking for a Business Finance Partner for our client, which is active in the pharmaceutical industry. The Business Finance Partner will be responsible for strategic and tactical operations while engaging key external stakeholders and providing partnership to the business. Ensuring the Financial Report meets the highest management and statutory expectations and delivered on time. The BFP will take responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities. He will also be leading the statutory reporting and filing with the authorities. Operating with high level of ethics, integrity and compliance.
• Management Information: Provide analysis of management information ensuring accuracy, relevance, timeliness and consistency of the information provided to support decision making in the area of OPEX, Sales, Accounts Receivable, and Account Payables e.tc.
• Business Partnering: Partner with the Medical and Commercial Managers in the analysis of actual results, comparing with forecasts, interrogating the variances with a view to providing transparency and insights, and supporting the corrective actions identified to help in resource allocation and ensure achievement of business objectives
• Budgeting and Business Planning: Support the management team and budget holders in the planning process by providing relevant templates, assumptions and guiding the teams in using the budgeting tools. Submission of the budgets/forecasts as per the regional/global guidelines and tools.
• Internal Controls: Supporting an environment of robust internal controls within the organization especially in the Procure to Pay (P2P), Customer Credit Notes and T&E processes.
• Accounting, Reporting & Controlling: Responsible for month-end process by carrying out the month-end procedures and ensuring adequate accrual accounting and GL postings at month-end
• Take the ownership of Company Financials - responsible for day-to-day operations and consolidation on a periodic basis.
• Tax Administration and Compliance: Work with external tax consultants & auditors to ensure timely filling of all applicable business taxes to the authorities to ensure statutory compliance.
Experience and qualifications
• Graduate in Finance and accounting with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar function. Chartered accountant is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Autonomous and collaborative
• Good level of competency with computers and a willingness to master new tools to improve accuracy and efficiency
• SAP (accounting software) knowledge preferably
• Comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and the ability to multi-task
• Detail and deadline-oriented
• Trustworthy with confidential matters and excellent moral and ethical standards
• Ability to work independently and with other team members
• Proficient in English and French
• Core behaviors: Be accountable / Be brave / Serve others / customer centric.
• Management and leadership skills, organizational, planning and communication skills.
• Work well in a multi-functional team.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Finance Partner in DRC? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
EXPERT EN FORMATION ET INSERTION PROFESSIONNELLE , Central African Republic
Enabel est l’Agence belge de développement. Elle exécute et coordonne la politique belge de développement international, et travaille principalement pour le compte de l’État belge. L’Agence met également en œuvre des actions pour d’autres organisations nationales et internationales. Avec 1400 collaborateurs, dont plus de 70 % de personnel local, Enabel gère quelque 150 projets, essentiellement dans des États fragiles d’Afrique.
Dans le cadre du Fonds fiduciaire européen pour la République centrafricaine « Bêkou », Enabel mettra en œuvre le programme d’appui au développement rural (DEVRUR II) « Ouvrir des perspectives d’avenir - Mungo légué ti kékéréké» en République Centrafricaine.
Ce programme vise à relancer la dynamique socio-économique des zones centrées autour de Bouar, Paoua, Bozoum, Bossangoa, Boali, Sibut, Pissa/Mbaïki et Bangui, ceci principalement par le biais d’une augmentation des activités de production et de transformation agricoles locales à travers la mise en place d’agropoles multifonctionnelles dans des centres ruraux et péri-urbains. Le programme vise également à offrir des solutions adaptées, flexibles et évolutives en matière de formation, d’accès à des services énergétiques, de technologie et d’accès au crédit.
Le cœur du dispositif agropole sera la structure de formation pour renforcer le capital humain à travers une offre de formations professionnelles holistiques adaptées aux besoins et à la demande des acteurs du milieu rural et qui va au-delà des compétences techniques. Outre les structures de formation, le programme soutiendra la création de services d’insertion qui soutiendront les initiatives et les projets des bénéficiaires des formations.
Le programme s’inscrit dans une logique de développement à long terme, reposant sur les acteurs nationaux, tout en ayant une composante à impact rapide basée sur des opérateurs de formation et des initiatives déjà opérationnels. A moyen terme, le programme contribuera à lever progressivement les obstacles entravant l’agriculture familiale durable à vocation commerciale et à soutenir l’agro-industrie.
Description de la fonction
Sous l’autorité du Project Manager, l’Expert en formation et insertion professionnelle sera responsable de la bonne exécution des activités dans le domaine de la gouvernance et du pilotage, de la formation professionnelle et de l’insertion professionnelle visant l’employabilité des jeunes, la qualification professionnelle des acteurs de développement agricole et rural et l’insertion professionnelle des jeunes en milieu rural.
Il/elle travaillera en étroite collaboration avec les autres Experts internationaux et en supervision des Experts nationaux et agents de terrain ainsi que avec les structures publiques et privées impliquées dans la formation et l’insertion professionnelles.
Vos tâches et responsabilités seront de:
- Contribuer à la mise en œuvre du projet en prenant part à la planification, l’exécution, la coordination, le monitoring et l’évaluation des activités ;
- Se baser sur votre expertise technique, afin d’atteindre une performance conforme aux normes et standards nationaux et internationaux ;
- Organiser la capitalisation et la gestion des connaissances afin de créer un environnement inclusif, informé et confiant au sein du projet ;
- Manager les experts nationaux en charge de la formation et de l’insertion professionnelle au sein de l’équipe d’intervention ;
- Accompagner les structures partenaires et renforcer leurs capacités afin de contribuer à l’amélioration de leur organisation, de leurs processus et systèmes ainsi que des compétences de leur personnel.
Niveau de formation requis
· Master en sciences humaines (éducation, sciences sociales, ingénierie de formation ou équivalent).
• Minimum 5 ans d’expérience pertinente dans le domaine de la formation et de l’insertion professionnelle (alternance, stage, partenariat avec le secteur privé, développement territorial…) ;
• Minimum 2 ans d’expérience dans le domaine de l’appui à l’entreprenariat ;
• Une expérience internationale en Afrique subsaharienne (dans le secteur du développement international et en dehors de son pays d’origine) est un atout.
Compétences et connaissances requises
• Compétences avérées en préparation, conception, organisation, suivi et évaluation d’activités de formation et d’insertion professionnelles via l’emploi salarié, l’auto-emploi et l’entrepreneuriat ;
• Compétences avérées en formation de formateurs, formation des adultes et renforcement de compétences organisationnelles ;
• Maîtrise des mécanismes et dispositifs d’incubation en milieu rural et urbain ;
• Expérience en dialogue et coordination sectoriels ;
• Capacité à mettre en œuvre et d’accompagner un processus de changement ;
• La connaissance du développement rural et de l’entreprenariat agricole constitue un atout ;
• Gestion des connaissances et capitalisation ;
• Capacité à utiliser les nouvelles technologies en vigueur dans le domaine d’expertise ;
• Expression aisée tant à l’oral qu’à l’écrit en français ou en néerlandais. De très bonnes capacités de communication orale et écrite en français sont exigées, dès lors que le français est la langue officielle de la République Centrafricaine et que le projet s’inscrit dans un contexte international. La connaissance du sango est un atout.
Nous demandons également de s’engager à respecter la vision, la mission et les valeurs d’Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/fr/content/vision-mission-valeurs-de-enabel).
Nous vous offrons
• Une fonction passionnante dans un environnement international.
• Un contrat de 48 mois basé à Bangui avec des déplacements fréquents dans le pays.
• Un package salarial comprenant le salaire mensuel brut correspondant à nos barèmes (classe 6), ainsi que des avantages liés à votre statut d’expatrié au sein d’Enabel tels qu'une indemnité d'éloignement, d'affectation, de pénibilité, la prise en charge des frais de logement (plafonnés), une allocation de déménagement et d’installation, un package d’assurances pour toute la famille dont l’assurance rapatriement, des billets d’avion aller-retour pour rendre régulièrement visite à la famille (7 billets par an + 1 supplémentaire par membre de la famille).
Les différents montants varient en fonction de l’expérience pertinente reconnue pour la fonction, la composition familiale et la situation fiscale.
Compte tenu du contexte sécuritaire en RCA, le poste n’est actuellement pas accessible à la famille de l’Expert.
Cette publication peut donner lieu à la constitution d’une réserve de recrutement pour une durée de 3 ans pour toute fonction similaire.
Postulez, au plus tard le 5/10/2020, ici et joignez votre CV actualisé et une lettre de motivation.
Seules les candidatures introduites via le lien ci-dessus seront prises en considération.
Enabel s’engage pour l’égalité des chances et la diversité au sein de son personnel. Les candidat.e.s sont choisi.e.s uniquement sur la base de leurs compétences.