Assistant/Associate/Full Professor , United Arab Emirates
The National Defense College (NDC) of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) was created to establish in the UAE capital a leading graduate institute for Strategic and Security Studies. The program fosters in senior military officers and civilians the intellectual breadth, global perspective and critical reflection that is needed to prepare them to identify and assess challenges to national, regional and international security and skillfully manage and employ state resources supporting the national interest.
A full-time faculty position at the NDC involves teaching graduate level courses in strategic and security studies, advising and mentoring students at the institution, conducting research in fields relevant to the College mission and academic curriculum, potential travel to international conferences, participating in services to the college, outreach and partnership-building, and teaching short, executive education courses as required. Effective communication and team-work skills are necessary; collaboration with colleagues and administrators from diverse backgrounds is required.
The annual teaching load of the College is capped at 18 credits, though NDC endeavors to limit teaching to 12 credits when possible. Candidates should be able to contribute to three or more core courses in the existing interdisciplinary curriculum and develop an elective in their area of expertise. (http://www.ndc.ac.ae/en/core-courses). NDC follows an andragogic seminar model in graduate teaching, so the ability to lead facilitated seminars of 10-15 participants is essential. An active research agenda is also required, with publication expectations of either one peer-reviewed article, book chapter, or the equivalent per year. Academic rank will be determined by years of teaching experience impact of and scholarship profile.
More information about the college can be found at the NDC website (http://www.ndc.ac.ae/en/).
Required Education & Teaching Experience:
Applicants to open positions at NDC must have a terminal degree of doctorate (Ph. D.) from an accredited university with at least three years of teaching experience at the graduate level with a strong track record of master’s level academic advising, research, mentoring and supervision. We are particularly interested in faculty with significant expertise in International Political Economy, Africa Area Studies, Asia and Middle East area Studies, Strategic Leadership, International Law, Cyber Strategy and Information Security and Sociology.
Previous military or government service is desirable but does not remove the requirement for a doctorate degree and academic experience in required fields. Arabic language proficiency is strongly desired and is considered a great asset even though the courses are conducted in English.
The compensation package is quite competitive and includes:
• Salary commensurate with experience;
• Relocation allowance;
• Living allowances for:
• Mobile phone;
• Tuition and related expenses for eligible minor children;
• Cost of living adjustment; and
• Robust health insurance for the candidate and their family.
Application Process & Required Documents:
Review of applications will begin immediately, with priority given to those applicants who apply during November- December, 2022. Initial screening interviews are expected to take place on a rolling basis as applications are received. Required documents for application include, but are not limited to:
• Cover letter that addresses your practical experience, teaching philosophy, specific and relevant courses taught (given the focus mentioned above) and approach to supporting and teaching a diverse student population;
• Curriculum vitae;
• Official graduate transcripts (copies are acceptable) - Official degree and transcript are required for submission upon employment.
• A representative syllabus of previous courses taught; and
• Contact information for three professional references.
How to Apply:
All documents should be sent to Ms. Beatrice Boutros at (email@example.com). Applications should be submitted by January 3, 2023. The College anticipates conducting phone/video interviews in early to mid January 2023, with subsequent in-person interviews for certain applicants. Review of applications will continue until the position(s) are filled. Due to the volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates who meet the specified requirements for this position of will be contacted.
The start date is flexible, but ideally no later than August 1, 2023. The National Defense College is an equal opportunity employer.
About the NDC-UAE:
The NDC is located in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is the largest of seven emirates; a well-ordered, industrious and vibrant city known for its spectacular infrastructure, adventure activities, extensive deserts, rich heritage and beautiful beaches with a pretty waterside location. Made up of 200 islands, the emirate has a diversity of landscapes ranging from coastal islands filled with world-famous attractions and beaches to an uninterrupted desert.
Operations Manager in Nigeria , Nigeria
Our partner is a large animal feed producer. Their organization in Nigeria is looking for an operations manager to ensure there operations run smoothly.
As an operations manager you are responsible for the daily operations at two production facilities. You will be looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency. In this hands-on role you will also be responsible for production forecasts and spare parts management. You will carry this out with a team of 5 direct reports and about 100 production and maintenance colleagues.
Our partner is looking for an experienced operations manager who dreams of improving production KPI’s and has extensive (animal) food producing experience.
- Improving the production capacity and reducing costs
- Management of production teams in two locations
- Monitoring KPI’s to meet the international standards
- Quality and safety management
- 5+ years operations experience in a food producing company
- A technical education MBA-level or plus
- Experience in an international company
- A true KPI and performance enthusiast
- A hands-on mentality
What we offer:
A leadership position at one of the leading companies in the market. Being part of the leadership team in Nigeria and meeting the highest operations standards worldwide with the support from a large organization.
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
General Manager Forestry - Uganda , Uganda
Our partner is an impact focused organization in Uganda funded by a group of Dutch companies. Their primary goal is creating jobs and thereby supporting the local economy. They do so by running a forestry project with a yet-to-be-built processing factory. The project is in Luwero at a one-hour drive from Kampala.
Our partner is looking for a general manager with an entrepreneurial mentality to lead the forestry project and the set-up of their processing factory.
As a general manager you will be overall responsible for the projects and the organizations activities in Uganda. Being the ‘boots on the ground’ you will be the link between the organization in the Netherlands and Uganda. With your management skills and entrepreneurial mindset, you will lead and guide the team and make sure the goals are realized.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the timber plantation.
- Responsible for setting up the timber processing factory.
- promoting our partner's vision in generating impact
- The management of 3 direct reports and depending on the season 20 to 100 indirect reports
- Experience in managing a related organization in Africa
- 10+ years of working experience
- Technical knowledge and affinity
- Entrepreneurial mindset and excellent communication skills
- A hands-on mentality combined with organizational skills
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary and renumeration package. Besides the package you will contribute to the development of the Luwero area and work for an international organization.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager Forestry? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Group Electrical & Automation Engineer in Nigeria , Nigeria
For one of our clients in Nigeria we are seeking a Group Electrical & Automation Engineer, to be responsible for everything related to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, operation, inspection, and testing of a variety of control systems equipment including, but not limited to, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, computer, microprocessor and variable frequency drive, electro-mechanical, digital, telemetry, and analog components used in wastewater process control systems.
The ideal candidate:
* Has a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and/or Instrumentation Engineering
* Brings at least 10 years of experience in the design, operation, maintenance, and repair of industrial electrical & instrumentation, control or communication system components involving the application of physical, chemical, and electronic principles (At least five years of the required experience must have involved the maintenance of electrical or electronic equipment)
* Is able to work with French and English-speaking personnel
Are you interested in to become a Group Electrical & Automation Engineer in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sustainability Digitization and Data Lead
Our client is investing in an ambitious, decade-long, sustainability program, with activities in coffee producing countries all over the world. Our goal is to be the leading supplier of sustainable coffee, ensuring that our roaster clients are able to meet their pledges on a wide range of topics from carbon emissions and resource management to living incomes for coffee farmers.
Your task is to lead the farm-level digitization strategy and global M&E department. Your goal is to design and implement a robust global data capture and reporting system to measure and evaluate the success of the company’s sustainability strategy. Using different tools, your team will be expected to maintain a performance dashboard of the major sustainability initiatives in the group, and to support global and local teams in analyzing farmer level performance metrics.
You are expected to be a highly motivated and thoroughly experienced project manager and team leader who works very well in a multi-cultural context. You are able to adopt flexible working hours and have experience in working in a complex matrix organization. You have a passion for data, technology and innovation but are fundamentally a very rigorous operator who understands the importance of standardized practices, good data and on-time reporting. In your previous jobs you have managed data and digital strategies in complex agricultural supply chains or rural development projects involving tens of thousands of households/stakeholders. You have experience managing remote and diverse teams.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic growing global family business, being part of a transformation that will ultimately put sustainability at the center of our mission, improving engagement with all value chain partners.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Build up the global sustainability digitization, data management and reporting strategy and function for the company's sustainability strategy and deploy it out across all geographies
• Develop and maintain data governance protocols, including establishing metrics and data definitions, protocols for data collection and cleaning, data sharing and privacy, and reporting
• Deploy standardized data collection, aggregation and analytical tools across all global companies and establish mechanism to ensure that protocols are followed
• Build an internal sustainability data team including business analysts and data analysts to process, clean and analyze sustainability data and roll-out digitization strategy
• Collaborate with the MIS department to support the development of a data warehouse, including defining sustainability data architecture strategy
• In collaboration with subject matter experts develop models and dashboards to measure progress around impact goals (carbon, regenerative agriculture, deforestation, human rights)
• Be a lead advocate for supply chain digitization and the use of scalable digital technology as a tool to facilitate the company’s sustainability transformation
• Support the Head of Sustainability and other internal stakeholders in preparing data and reports for management, clients and banks
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, programing, statistical modelling, geographic information systems or a field related to data management
• Experience in designing data management systems for global projects or supply chains as a senior project lead
• Experience in building and managing teams for the purpose of managing data integrity and analysis
• Experience in data modelling and analysis
• Experience of living and working overseas in a professional role
• Passion for accuracy, data management systems, and data analysis
• Pragmatic individual who first and foremost knows how to interpret data and apply it to a business setting
• Ability to work across different cultures and nationalities (excellent EQ, CQ)
• Ability to work in partnership and across boundaries to achieve results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude.
• Extensive use of business intelligence software (eg Power BI)
• Willingness to travel and spend time solving practical problems with local teams as well as training field staff and enumerators
Should you be interested, apply here or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Controller , Ghana
Position: Financial Controller
Reporting to: Finance Director
This role requires a highly analytical financial professional who oversees the accounting, financial strategic planning, controls, and financial reporting for our commodity, farm input/machinery and tender businesses in Ghana and performs regular financial analysis.
He or she works closely with the Head of each business to understand spending and revenue patterns and develop solutions that overcome problem areas and mitigate risk. This Financial Professional needs to have a strong background in Finance and has had experience working in the Agric commodity sector.
Ensuring that company, financial statements are in line with management’s requirements
Recognize patterns in spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
Identify and update Management on risks and come up with possible solutions to mitigate
Perform monthly business review analysis and a financial analysis
Liaise with Group teams on operational and financial review
Monthly reporting to the Group using COGNOS
Maintain an efficient system of accounting records
Review and improve the Company’s set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk
Enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results
Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles
Develop budgets that meet the requirements of the businesses
Strong credit control functionality to improve liquidity
Supervise all audit and internal control processes
Liaising with Finance and SAP teams
Lead activities associated with process improvements, timely reporting, and the development of appropriate systems to ensure that financial transactions, policies, and procedures are in line with the Company’s objectives
Accounting software, SAP and improving functionality
Manage and develop the Finance team by reviewing the current team and adjust the structure and the team to improve the performance of the department
Coach, develop and performance manage the accounting team
An advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
A Chartered Accountant qualification is essential
A Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, ideally in the Agric Commodity sector
A thorough understanding of business and financial principles and practices
Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
SAP or similar software knowledge is essential
Experience in managing, developing, and leading a team
A high sense of Integrity
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build trust and relationships with employees, business managers and Financial Institutions
Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, multicultural, multidisciplinary team and deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet objectives
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Strong Excel skills
Administrator for JobnetAfrica in Cape Town , South Africa
JobnetAfrica is an executive search agency that focusses on senior recruitment across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. We are looking for an excellent administrator to join our pan-African team.
As an administrator, you are responsible for continuously pushing pre-sales activities, plan and coordinate meetings, manage our database and work on online marketing activities. You are a person that thrives under neat and tidy mailboxes, to do lists, details and making the company look great externally.
The new colleague we are looking for:
• Has a sparkling personality
• Has great eye for detail
• Is tech savvy
• Sees opportunities and takes them
• Enjoys working with targets
• Has affinity with the African market
• Is an independent worker and is self-driven
• Shows initiative
• Is not afraid to give his/her opinion
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
Task and responsibilities:
• Managing e-mail boxes
• Managing LinkedIn profiles (invites, messaging)
• Planning and following up on meetings
• Preparing and sending newsletters
• Preparing and posting online material
• Updating CV database
• A strong (recruitment) brand name
• An international team that supports you
• Working from our office in Cape Town (Bree Street), partially remote
• High pace work environment combined with great lifestyle!
• Growth opportunities into recruitment / marketing / research
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica team.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) based in Kenya , Kenya
PAIX Data Centres (PAIX) is a fast-growing provider of cloud- and carrier neutral colocation data centre services, doing ground-breaking work in the African datacentre industry. PAIX designs, builds and operates carrier neutral data centres on the African continent.
The company’s vision is: To be the heart of Africa's digital economy, enabling our customers to enhance their value proposition effectively interconnecting their business with their communities of interest, for a better, healthier, wealthier, and more inclusive Africa.
PAIX has it roots in the Netherlands, but is growing on the African continent with current operations in Ghana and in Kenya.
We are seeking a CFO who will partner with our CEO and enable the business to expand, both in our current footprint and in new markets including Francophone African countries. The expansion can be both organic and through M&A.
We are looking for an experienced CFO who will contribute to managing the business.
The CFO will be responsible for comprehensive and insightful performance analytics, reporting, and disciplined control to drive continuous margin improvement, while leading a team that supports financial oversight, risk management, accounting, and finance.
At PAIX, you will be working with a young and ambitious team, expecting you to "roll up your sleeves" and lead the finance function, and have a chance to focus on your career in a unique technology environment on a global scale. This requires you to be hands-on and flexible to act with the highest level of integrity and trustworthiness, be energetic and capable of driving results in an entrepreneurial environment.
∙ Your primary focus will be in developing and leading the company's international finance function. Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting & auditing (Investor & Board Reporting). This all in order to enable the business to expand, both in our current footprint and new country operations in Francophone Africa
∙ You are responsible for the development of a financial strategy, the on-going development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. This includes the financing of our expansion into new markets, financial planning, managing, and preparing budgets, analysis and financially managing projects
∙ Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
∙ Develop reporting (dashboards) and procedures, to have cost accounting and track performance by metrics/KPIs (Pricing, Cash Flow forecasting, Budget vs Actuals, etc)
∙ You completed a MSc in Accounting, Finance, business economics or another relevant field and you are CPA / CA qualified
∙ You have 5-8 years’ experience in a fast-growing setting (start-up to scale up)
∙ You have 5 years of experience in a BIG-4 firm
∙ You have experience working in a PE-backed or publicly listed company, with involvement in M&A
∙ You are tech-savvy, process-driven, policy-minded, and people-oriented
Ideally, you also have
∙ In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
∙ Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
∙ Sound knowledge around business, its financial dynamics, and regulatory requirements across tax/commercial/banking/exchange regulations
∙ Excellent communication, analytical, reasoning, people, and problem-solving skills
∙ Strong leadership and organizational skills
∙ Strong appeal to the Telecommunications (data centre, IT or towers) sector
∙ Financial work experience in East and/or West Africa
What We Offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development.
Candidate would ideally work from our Nairobi office.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact cfoPAIX@jobnetafrica.com