Senior Manager Sales in South Africa , South Africa
Our client is a leader in the global container shipping and logistics industry and we are looking for a Senior Manager Sales in South Africa for them.
Overall Responsibility :
• Develop a growth strategy for Africa for the company working closely with senior management.
• Deliver on Key utilization
• Gaining knowledge of the specifics of the market in Africa
• Building and managing a team that reaches the sales goals set by the company
Job Specification - Key Accountabilities:
Ownership of seventy percent of West African ship utilization
In charge of mapping complete Free On Board segment for all key African countries
Building a strong support network in regional offices around the world for promotion for outbound and inbound cargo in Africa.
Improve together with the team the cargo mix for inbound cargo by country
Responsible for preperation, execution and maintenance of African Free On Board tender list
Willing to work after hours and do business trips on short notice.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
▪ Preferably a degree in Business, Sales , Marketing or equivalent
▪ Comprehensive experience in logistics, trade manegement and / or liner shipping
▪ Knowledgable about the processes and workflow in the shipping industry
▪ Knowledge of African Market. Having lived in Africa is an added advantage
▪ Excellent command of spoken and written English. Ability to speak and write in French and Portuguese will be an advantage.
▪ Good knowledge of user applications systems (FIS, CRM, Web Focus/Hyperion) will also be an advantage. Otherwise the candidate will have to be keen to learn fast.
▪ Analytical with ability to identify market opportunities,
▪ Solid problem-solving and organizational skills
▪ Customer-oriented with positive attitude
▪ Can demonstrate leadership skills to lead and motivate a team
▪ Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
▪ Willing to work very hard to achieve results and targets.
▪ Results-oriented, goal-driven
▪ Assertive negotiator
▪ Team player with a proactive attitude
▪ Result driven and persuasiveness
▪ Ability to communicate and collaborate
▪ Ability to work under pressure
Entrepreneurial and conceptional thinking and action:
▪ Acknowledge Signals
▪ Multi-dimensional thinking
▪ Courage to make decisions and accepting responsibility
▪ Lateral thinker
▪ Multi skilling and quick decision maker
Positive image to colleagues and customers:
▪ Capacity to support and inspire
▪ Open and honest attitude
▪ Hard working
▪ Lead by example
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Manager Sales in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Construction Manager in West Africa , West Africa
Our client is looking for a Construction / Site Manager to lead a small team, developing infrastructure (Airstrip, power station and access roads) and managing projects. The new manager needs to be fluent in French. He will Report to the General Manager. The Site manager will assist with all site activities, for example logistics, finance and accounting and contract and claims management.
- Work closely together with the Local Government
- Putting Zero Harm safety culture in place across all Projects
- Identify risks regarding safety and take preventative action when needed
- Construction and Contractor Management
- Commercial and Contract Management
- Implement the proper project control mechanisms
- Civil Engineering qualification
- Extensive experience in Project Management
- Skilled in forecasting, planning, scheduling and cost control
- Well known with Community, Labour and Union relations
- Previous experience in West Africa
- French speaking and writing
The contract will be for 2 years initially.
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Manager in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Dutch Speaking Service Desk Agent in South Africa , South Africa
Voor een van s' werelds grootste ICT dienstverlener o.a. gevestigd in Johannesburg Zuid Afrika, zijn wij op zoek naar ICT Klantenservice Medewerkers.
De werkzaamheden bestaan uit het effectief en klantvriendelijk afhandelen van vragen over computerproblemen van kantoormedewerkers van een Nederlandse bank. Momenteel is onze opdrachtgever op zoek naar medewerkers die zowel de Nederlandse als de Engelse taal zeer goed beheersen. Na een gedegen training ga je aan de slag op een van de projecten van onze opdrachtgever als Helpdesk Medewerker. Je doet relevante buitenlandse werkervaring op terwijl je woont in een van de mooiste landen ter wereld!
- Je bent serieus en houdt van avontuur
- Je bent klantgericht en beschikt over goede contactuele eigenschappen
- Je beheerst de Nederlandse taal uitstekend (schrijven en spreken)
- Je spreekt vloeiend Engels
- Je bent bereid om minimaal een jaar in Zuid-Afrika te wonen
- Je bent bij voorkeur direct beschikbaar
- Voor onze opdrachtgever, een wereldwijd opererende ICT-marktleider, die haar Servicedesk in Zuid-Afrika heeft gevestigd, zijn wij op zoek naar kandidaten die vanuit Zuid-Afrika kantoormedewerkers telefonisch ondersteuning bieden bij het oplossen van hun computerproblemen.
- Een professionele werkomgeving bij een gerenommeerd bedrijf
- Een uitgebreid trainingsprogramma
- Werkvergunning wordt geregeld
- Je wordt geholpen met het vinden van huisvesting
- Retourticket wordt vergoed
- Marktconform salaris 13.000 Rand bruto (ca. 11.500 Rand netto)
Are you interested in becoming a Dutch Speaking Service Desk Agent in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Commercial Director in Ghana , Ghana
Our client is a large commercial farm located in the Northern part of Ghana in the seed business. They are focused on expansion of their work and increasingly building capacity to be among the major seed producers in Ghana.
Do you have corporate management experience in the (seed) agribusiness and proven track of record for effective
team management, results-driven leadership and turn a company into a commercial profitable business?
We are searching a dynamic and commercially oriented team leader to join the company in the role of Managing Director for a company in the Northern part of Ghana.
Responsibilities and Duties
I. Strategic Leadership
• Direct the company in keeping with the commercial vision outlined for the company by the Board of Directors.
• Build a strong team of Senior Managers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability and profitability.
• Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
• Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
• Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
II. Operations Management
• Develop a profitable seed strategy and oversee its execution including operational cropping plan, budgets, quality ,marketing and sales.
• Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
• Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision.
• Oversee day-to-day commercial operations of the company.
III. Financial Management
• Work closely with the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) to prepare annual budgets, carry out risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return
• Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
IV. Human Resource management
• Strengthen the Human Resources (HR) function regarding hiring practices, payroll, training and benefit disbursement.
• Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with the respective managers
• Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
Qualifications and Skills
• A Master’s Degree in, Commercial Agriculture , Seed , Business Administration, or related subject areas
• At least 5 years of corporate managerial experience in agribusiness
• Experience with corporate governance.
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
• Good appreciation of general finance and accounting concepts. Understanding of financial statements is a must.
• Advanced skills in MS Office and accounting software
• Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
• Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
African candidates, especially Ghanaians are encouraged to apply.
Finance Manager in Ghana , Ghana
The Finance Manager will report directly to Managing Director in Ghana and the Head Office in Europe.
The Finance Manager is part of the local Management Team. He/She is focused on developing and implementing a stable, future proof internal and financial organization. Highly organized and confident in initiating, leading and implementing projects as well as being able and willing to be ‘hands on’ when required. Highly motivated, objective and pragmatic with the persistence and ability to thrive under pressure and changing circumstances.
• Oversees the day-to-day administration when it comes to petty cash, stock administration and control, internal audits, sales administration, supplier invoices
• Responsible for management and communication and follow up with banks, GRA, tax authorities, auditors and other stakeholders
• Responsible for financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Cash flow and sales forecast and compliance
• Final responsible for correct and timely financial reporting
• Responsible for working capital and cashflow management (reporting and initiating and implementing process improvements - in cooperation with purchase, operations & sales
• Responsible for stock reconciliation
• Responsible for supplying accurate information of expenses and costing in order to have a correct price calculation. Also responsible for monitoring and analyzing price, cost and margin development afterwards.
• Responsible for the annual planning and budget process for the company
• Analyses and proactively identifies opportunities for internal process improvements
• Makes sure the accounting system and other it systems are optimally used
• Minimum of +5 years of experience in a similar role in preferably Ghana
• A background within a sales and production/manufacturing environment, preferably processing of with raw materials, large stock, import
• Experience with national and international financial reporting structures
• Good managerial skills
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Innovative Production Manager in Kenya , Kenya
Are you that pioneer who is going to start a new location for our client? Do you see yourself setting up a large, professional farm in close consultation with management in Europe? Where you will work with a team of people every day to produce a quality product? Then you might be the new innovative production Manager we are looking for.
What kind of job is it?
The company we are recruiting for is one the largest breeding and cutting horticultural companies in the world. You will start with a few weeks of training in Europe. This so that you learn what processes the various sites go through and what role the production locations in Africa play in this. With this knowledge you will leave for Kenya. You are going to set up a new location there. You will conduct discussions with local authorities to ensure that everything runs smoothly. You put together a decisive team of production managers and local managers to subsequently realize the correct management of the (production) processes and cultivation technology around the cutting products. Of course you are constantly working on optimizing processes.
What are we looking for?
You are a true pioneer. You want to be challenged to find creative solutions. Flexibility is an important feature of you. You are intensively involved in the cultivation processes of our cutting material. It is nice if you have a college education (horticulture related) or experience in which you can demonstrate this knowledge. And of course you see it as a challenge to get started on a new African farm.
What makes you happy?
An adventurous job where no day is the same. Working in a nice team to deliver a top product together every day gives you energy. Excellent employment conditions and room to develop your talents are self-evident.
Are you interested in becoming an innovative Production Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Project Director in Ghana , Ghana
The Project Director, is a first member of the project implementation team for the port project and serves as a strategic partner and advisor to the client’s management and Director – Global Investments, and shall be responsible for the successful delivery of the project concession, the transaction and partnership structure, the relevant approval processes and then the successful implementation of the project after taking handover of the concession area including but not limited to construction, financial, operational, administrative and customer creation and service.
The Project Director position will liaise with the Director – Global Investments on matters pertaining to stakeholder management with respect to the concession negotiations, signing and approval processes, partnership structures, concession area handover, construction tender and management, community relations, and political sensitivities that may or will impact the successful delivery of the project concession and its post-handover implementation. Based on the candidate, his experience and his delivery during the early phase of the project implementation process, the position has an opportunity to morph into one of the top roles at the operating organization including possibly CEO, CFO, COO or similar.
A high-caliber Head of Project Delivery with substantial prior accomplishments in successfully leading concession negotiations and securing, approval processes and initiatives leading to the successful achievement of a valid concession agreement leading on to concession area handover, construction implementation and the ultimate operationalization of the project.
An engaging and focused leader who leverages best practice management skills to maximize team performance.
An individual that is highly adaptive and can excel in a dynamic environment.
Exercises a credible and value-creating style of business partnering.
Driven, grounded and progressive person who is robust and hands-on.
Commercial acumen coupled with analytical and strategic thinking capacity.
Understanding of financial concepts, financial models and hands-on with the financial implications of the project implementation processes.
Stakeholder management experience and dealing with senior authorities, bureaucrats and ministry level individuals.
Experience with offshore services port industry (or in other words, oil and gas port services industry) is an advantage.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND BEHAVIORS
Minimum of fifteen plus (15+) years of relevant and applicable professional experience.
Extensive experience working as a Project Implementation and/or Business Development Manager and successfully managing high-value projects with “Marine Construction”.
Experience with managing FIDIC contracts.
Good understanding of business operations (business acumen) including project management
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, public speaking, presentations and managing through influence. Must have exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to influence.
Strong bias for action and ability to energize others to work toward the achievement of
organizational goals and objectives.
Strong relationship management skills including negotiations and conflict resolution capabilities
Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with key stakeholders and colleagues.
Ability to identify potential risks and corrective actions. Sound analytical and reasoning skills – focus on “root cause” identification and remediation and/or mitigation.
Significant experience writing effective reports which clearly and concisely describe risk assessment; reports are easily accessible to the technical and non-technical professional.
Fluency in English Language (written & spoken) is essential.
All applicants are required to submit to a complete background check and medical examination as a condition of employment. Only candidates that have successfully passed both checks will be eligible for employment.
If you’re interested in the position of Project Director apply through the apply button.
Assistant Manager Seedling Nursery in South Africa , South Africa
For our client we are looking for a knowledgeable Assistant Manager for their Seedling Nursery, who can join their team. The successful candidate will assist the nursery manager with his daily operations and duties, as well as everything applicable to this position.
• BSc Plant Science/Horticulture Degree; Preferably with knowledge of grafting seedlings.
• Computer literacy essential
• Afrikaans and English speaking – Afrikaans not really a necessity.
• Independent worker
• Ability to manage a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Good managerial skills
• Excellent people skills
• Weekend work will be mandatory
The ideal candidate must enjoy working with plants and have a love for cultivation. He/she must be hardworking, honest, have sober habits and be conscientious and neat.
Are you interested in becoming an Assistant Manager Seedling Nursery in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.