Internal Control Manager in South Africa , South Africa
The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across all business processes and internal controls.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker. He is organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitor internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
• Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
• Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and audit committee
• Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
• Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
• Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
• Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Newly qualified CA(SA) preferably Big 4 audit firm
• Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
• Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
• Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multigeographic team.
Are you interested in becoming an Internal Control Mananger in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Electronics Engineer in Ghana , Ghana
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for an Electronics Engineer, based at their plant in Ghana.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrating and designing electronic systems
- Maintaining timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding engineering activities
- Develop solutions to eliminate machine and system malfunctions
- Create standard methods for reviewing, evaluating, and inspecting products during development and production
- Analyze data daily
- Mechatronics / Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical and engineering work
Are you interested in becoming an Electronics Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire , Ivory Coast
1. FOB Business for Cocoa Beans and Products
a. With the support of the manager, develop market understanding and relationships with FOB suppliers for cocoa beans and products in West and East Africa.
b. With the support of the manager and the trading desk in Malaysia, advise on purchasing of cocoa beans and products, and eventually independently negotiate purchase contracts with suppliers.
c. With the support of the trading desk, advise on the hedging of outright contracts and the fixation of differential contracts.
d. Ensure smooth execution of contracts, including lot approval, provision of shipping instructions, quality and weight control, approval of export documentation and payment to the supplier.
e. Further strengthen relationships with the cocoa regulatory bodies in Ivory Coast (Conseil Café Cacao) and Ghana (Cocobod).
f. Provide weekly updates on the execution of purchase contracts, identify market and logistical risks and resolve issues immediately.
g. Travel within Ivory Coast and within the region required to build relationship with suppliers and understand situation on the ground.
h. Identify suppliers that offer the potential for a partnership, including among others sustainability activities and logistics solutions.
i. Provide monthly reporting on quality and weight loss performance of FOB purchases on arrival.
2. Local Bean Exports in Ivory Coast
a. Produce a feasibility study on local bean export license in Ivory Coast including among other things: potential suppliers, cocoa bean cleaning operators, financing facilities, forwarding operators, HR requirements, costing based on minimum volume, deadlines by the regulator.
b. Move from the feasibility study to application for an export license if market conditions are favourable and management decides to go ahead.
c. Hiring of necessary staff required to run bean export operations.
d. Establish supplier network of local middlemen (traitants) and later integrate cooperatives to supply project cocoa
3. Processing Factory in Ivory Coast
a. Support the country manager in necessary administrative and official tasks to obtain land, licenses and knowledge required to build a cocoa processing factory in Abidjan.
b. In particular provide input on the operational side of the cocoa beans supply for the plant.
4. Market Info
a. Discus with local and international market participants to get insights into local and international market developments.
b. Share market insight and updates with the trading desk in Malaysia.
c. Develop your own view on the physical and paper markets.
d. Provide weekly and monthly updates on arrival figures, export statistics, weather and other available information.
a. Support the sustainability manager in the integration between sustainability projects and commercial suppliers, ranging from international traders, local exporters to local cooperatives.
b. Support the sustainability manager on the management of credit balance.
a. Assist the country manager and the trading team in Malaysia on any other tasks and projects requirement. This might include pricing and margin management on the sales side and providing market updates to our sales teams in Asia, Europe and US.
Are you interested in becoming an Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Country Director Farms - Ethiopia , Ethiopia
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching a Country Director Farms for their locations in Ethiopia.
Based in Addis Ababa, or at one of the farms, with significant national travel and some international travel.
We are looking for an experience Country Director to join the Ethiopian team, for daily management of the farms. Forming a bridge between overseas management and local operations.
You will play a key role in the client’s global senior management team supporting the strategic direction of the organisation. In country you will set the strategic direction of the Ethiopian farms in line with the client’s global strategy and Ethiopian national development plans. You will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between farms, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (10+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy
• Agricultural background
• Has managed several locations before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia
CFO Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
Reports to CEO
Our client is an established international supplier of organic and Fairtrade processed food. They have developed sustainable food chains and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer. The overall responsibilities of the CFO is to manage company’s finances, manage financial planning and management of risks, analysis of data, record-keeping and financial reporting. In this role you are also overseeing the administative and HR department, as well as IT developments.
Task and responsibilities
- Organize, plan and Supervise the accounting and financial management of the structure, including the strict control of Cash Flow and the management of financing by third parties (clients or financial institutions)
- Collaborate in the establishment of accounting and financial statements; National and international reporting
- Managing and prepare budgets and their follow-ups, analyze discrepancies, recommend solutions
- Develop documents (dashboards) and procedures, in order to have cost accounting;
- Ensuring all aspects of HR are well organized, contracts, labor laws, negotiations with staff
- Follow up on data relating to payroll, leave, reimbursement of personnel costs and occupational medicine;
- Develop and optimize the tools and procedures related to the proper functioning of administrative and financial services
- Ensure the fiscal monitoring of transactions, in particular with the various national and international stakeholders (VAT, standardized invoices, withholding taxes, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with BCEAO procedures
- IT architecture watch in collaboration with external service providers.
- Supervise and carry out all the accounting entries;
- Manage arguments with the Chartered Accountant and Statutory Auditor councils,
- Assist project managers and heads of departments in the development of action programs in their budgetary aspects
- Ensure the budgetary monitoring of actions / agreements and the establishment of intermediate / final reports
- Prepare financial data for General Meetings and boards of directors: analyzes and summaries, arguments for provisions and strategic choices
- Degree in Finance & Accounting, Management or equivalent: Bac + 4/5 or equivalent level
- Mastering computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet): software skills (office automation and accounting software SAGE)
- +5 years of experience in an International company, a complex business or industry, commercial sector
- Experience in working in West African context
- entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude
- understanding of technology, IT systems
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good sense of human relations and making a social impact to the lives of people
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Regional Project Manager West Africa , Ivory Coast
- Collaborate, align and support with the Group PMO to continue to develop best practices in all areas of the PMO.
- As the Regional PPM(Project and Portfolio Management) process owner actively coach and mentor project organization members and provide leadership in all areas of PPM practices, including to the Regional Leadership Team, ensuring that project discipline is followed throughout the business.
- Drive the deployment, education and adoption of MyPPM (Clarizen software) within the Region as the “single point of truth” for all project and initiative data.
Provide inputs and thought leadership on Regional Portfolio to Leadership Teams, Global PMO & key stakeholders (including PRT and Gate Review Teams (GRT), Business Line Managers and Finance) .
Develop a project delivery performance culture in the organization to ensure the successful execution of projects (on time in full) and business results are realized/achieved as per the commitments.
DO & ACI:
Ensure process of Accelerated Continuous Improvement (ACI) is followed correctly.
Lead projects in the role of Project Manager both for ACI and PDP type projects with a focus in the area of Continuous Improvement.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Senior Recruiter & Head-Hunter for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the African recruitment space and a passion for recruitment head-hunting and/or executive search? Have you placed candidates across the continent? Do you love pampering your clients and making sure they hire the best professionals in the field? Do you go the extra mile? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Recruiter / head-hunter / executive search specialist with full cycle experience, to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As our new team member, you are responsible for:
• Taking on new assignments, obtained by our sales crew
• Conducting a thorough briefing with the client on the organisation and role(s)
• Advising the client on the options and introduce inventive ways to look at the process
• Managing online outings and timelines together with our content manager
• Taking on the search and selection process, using existing and upcoming ways of finding talent
• Conduction (mostly online) interviews and writing interview reports
• Proposing of shortlists to the client
• Support the hiring and onboarding process with the client
• Close the assignment
• After care on both the candidates and the clients
• Helping designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
• Collaborating with the sales and management team
• Proven work experience as an international Recruiter in Africa (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter), with experience in multiple sectors
• Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems (CMS) and Linkedin recruiter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
Personality we are looking for:
• Independent worker, that loves to be part of a growing team and company
• Thrives on successes, pushing for placements
• Friendly nature, keeping your calm when things move slow
• Has to be flexible, not everything always goes the way we want it to go
• Show initiative, there is lots to be taken on and streamlined
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at successful placement
• Flexibility, you can work from home and / or our office in Johannesburg
• A very challenging and demanding job with a great lifestyle!!
Sales Representative for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Africa? Are you a great networker? Do you love sales and developing business? Do you love traveling and working independently? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Sales Representative to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for gaining new accounts as well as managing existing accounts. To create an active sales pipeline, you analyze the market and determine new opportunities. You actively hunt for new clients and build positive and lasting relationships with them by developing an in-depth understanding of their industry and recruitment needs.
The new colleague we are looking for:
• Has a sparkling personality, is a master networker and is passionate about cold calling and sales,
• Does NOT need previous experience in recruitment, selling of services is a pre
• Loves traveling and exploring new areas (6x per year)
• Has a vast international network in Africa or a part of Africa,
• Is an independent worker and is self-driven,
• Has an network within an international environment,
• French is a pre, but no must
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
• A strong (recruitment) brand name,
• An extensive pan-African network of clients and candidates (40.000+ international professionals),
• An international team
• Working in Johannesburg at our office and from home
• Full time / part time / flexible working options,
• High pace work environment combined with great lifestyle!
• Excellent financial structure with variable component
JobnetAfrica will give you the opportunity to fully focus on sales / networking and rapidly build a sustainable income for yourself. You can hit the ground running!
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica lifestyle!