Business Finance Partner in DRC , Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
We are looking for a Business Finance Partner for our client, which is active in the pharmaceutical industry. The Business Finance Partner will be responsible for strategic and tactical operations while engaging key external stakeholders and providing partnership to the business. Ensuring the Financial Report meets the highest management and statutory expectations and delivered on time. The BFP will take responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities. He will also be leading the statutory reporting and filing with the authorities. Operating with high level of ethics, integrity and compliance.
• Management Information: Provide analysis of management information ensuring accuracy, relevance, timeliness and consistency of the information provided to support decision making in the area of OPEX, Sales, Accounts Receivable, and Account Payables e.tc.
• Business Partnering: Partner with the Medical and Commercial Managers in the analysis of actual results, comparing with forecasts, interrogating the variances with a view to providing transparency and insights, and supporting the corrective actions identified to help in resource allocation and ensure achievement of business objectives
• Budgeting and Business Planning: Support the management team and budget holders in the planning process by providing relevant templates, assumptions and guiding the teams in using the budgeting tools. Submission of the budgets/forecasts as per the regional/global guidelines and tools.
• Internal Controls: Supporting an environment of robust internal controls within the organization especially in the Procure to Pay (P2P), Customer Credit Notes and T&E processes.
• Accounting, Reporting & Controlling: Responsible for month-end process by carrying out the month-end procedures and ensuring adequate accrual accounting and GL postings at month-end
• Take the ownership of Company Financials - responsible for day-to-day operations and consolidation on a periodic basis.
• Tax Administration and Compliance: Work with external tax consultants & auditors to ensure timely filling of all applicable business taxes to the authorities to ensure statutory compliance.
Experience and qualifications
• Graduate in Finance and accounting with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar function. Chartered accountant is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Autonomous and collaborative
• Good level of competency with computers and a willingness to master new tools to improve accuracy and efficiency
• SAP (accounting software) knowledge preferably
• Comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and the ability to multi-task
• Detail and deadline-oriented
• Trustworthy with confidential matters and excellent moral and ethical standards
• Ability to work independently and with other team members
• Proficient in English and French
• Core behaviors: Be accountable / Be brave / Serve others / customer centric.
• Management and leadership skills, organizational, planning and communication skills.
• Work well in a multi-functional team.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Finance Partner in DRC? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Finance & Administrative Officer in Ghana , Ghana
Our client's team in Ghana has been operating for over 4 years with sustainability activities via partners, but they are now establishing their own entity. We are looking for a finance and administrative officer for the office in Accra to help set-up all governing structures in the organization to support the growth of our client. Our client is active in sustainable supply chains in the agricultural sector.
1. Management of Accounting, Financial Reporting and Budgeting
• Organize bookkeeping for the organization in Accra and execute direct financial transactions
• Request for funds of partners and review realized expenditures and financial reports
• Reviewing all submitted budgets and spending on monthly and quarterly basis and giving feedback to the Head Office
• Together with the country representative coordinate the establishment of the operational budget
2. Setting up all structures for establishment in Ghana and ensuring the foundation can operate independently
• Setting up the legal entity in Ghana with the applicable regulatory bodies
• To design the required statutory documents including tax policy, ensuring compliance with legislation
• Coordinate the opening of the company's bank account in Ghana in collaboration with the Financial Officer at the head office and maintain all banking affairs from that moment
3. Office support
• Organize the procurement of equipment in compliance with procurement protocols
• Management of upkeep and maintenance of office supplies and environment
4. Human Resource Management
• Organizing and maintaining payroll of the company and staff pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Designing and managing contracts of staff pay-rolled with the organization, as well as supervising contract design of staff that is pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Ensuring alignment in HR policies
• Leading recruitment processes
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over The Netherlands and West Africa. In Accra, you will be based in the office of the core team with 5 people working on Ghana project management, and work with over 60 staff-members directly and indirectly. You’ll work closely with guidance of the Finance Officer in the Netherlands and report to the country representative.
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance or business administration
• At least 5 years of experience in finance
• A passionate and ambitious worker
• Self-starter and willing to manage big portfolios as well as execute simple tasks
• Accurate, analytic, efficient and problem-solving
• Innovative and driven to continuously improve our procedures and projects
• Fluency in English; fluency in French is an advantage;
You will be part of a fast-growing international organization with great future career opportunities. Work Status 40 hours per week. Based in Accra, Ghana, with possible travels to other West African countries.
Are you interested in becoming a Finance & Administrative Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
General Manager in Ghana , Ghana
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CFO in Cameroon , Cameroon
JobnetAfrica is recruiting an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead and execute our client's financial and investment strategy and to perform effective risk management.
Our client is active in the clean energy sector.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning
- Establish, execute, and manage the capital investment plan and strategy
- Perform a risk management and mitigation plan by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Prepare (and improve if necessary) internal and external monthly financial reports including forecasts as per company financial policies and procedures
- Set up in place a comprehensive dashboard to map all the duties to meet the expectations and obligations from current and future investors
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Establish and develop relations with banks, lenders, equity providers, donors and financial institutions
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Prepare and lead the budgeting process
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the company’s operations
- Keep track of the company’s path to profitability milestones and ensure ongoing profitability of the business
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Direct audit and compliance activities
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
The CFO must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
- Proven experience (2-3 years) as CFO, finance officer, finance director or other relevant role in a SME
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, business economics or other relevant field
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Sound knowledge around business, its financial dynamics and regulatory requirements across tax/commercial/banking/exchange regulations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP, ERP)
- Hands-on financial modelling
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Strong appeal to the Renewable Energy sector
- Great deal of personal motivation to improve the living conditions of other men and women.
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Cameroon? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CEO in Ethiopia , Ethiopia
Our client is a leading food producing company in Ethiopia. The Company has been growing rapidly over the last 10 years and is poised to enter its next phase of growth supported by a significant private equity investment. Based in Addis Ababa, the Company is seeking a CEO to lead it through its next growth phase.
The Executive will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s operations and growth plans. The Executive shall report directly to the Board of Directors of the Company and shall actively lead and participate in strategic, operational and financial discussions and presentations to the Board. The Executive will be responsible for designing and executing on an operational improvement and growth plan.
Through the management of the Company and its employees, the Executive’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Ensure the overall coordination of the flow of tasks in the organization and the proper implementation of the action plans
2. Responsible for managing company-wide manufacturing process including the launch of new production lines
3. Design and execution of the growth plan including overseeing multiple new products / segments development at the same time
4. Drive operational and profitability improvement initiatives
5. Monitor closely the raw material sourcing process in view of Ethiopia’s current FX shortage issue
6. Promote quality achievement throughout the organization
7. Lead and motivate the senior management of the company and employees to achieve their goals and targets
8. Develop the mission, vision, strategic plan, annual action plan and budget of the company and ensure their implementation;
9. Prepare quarterly and annual performance reports regarding financial and non-financial performance of the company and submit to the Board of Directors
10. Ensure the implementation of good corporate governance in line with best practices
11. Manage all relationships on behalf of the Company and shareholders including those with the Company’s staff, clients, suppliers, government & regulatory bodies and strategic partners
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Proven experience as CEO, COO or other senior managerial position in the FMCG sector
• Previous experience in the food sector is preferred
• Entrepreneurial mindset with strong leadership skills
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• 10-15 years of relevant experience
• BSc/BA degree in the food industry, engineering or business preferred
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
After Sales Service Manager in Sudan , Sudan
As part of our client's company development and their restructuring plan, we are looking for an After-Sales service Manager.
Our client is active as a distributor of agricultural machinery.
Main objective of the mission:
- Stabilize key elements of the team
- Make the department financially balanced and profitable
- Improve response and customer satisfaction
- Improve traceability of interventions
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Under the management of the Regional Manager, you assume full responsibilities of an After Sales Service Director such as:
- Reorganize the department’s structure and management to empower key elements of the team.
- Management of a team of 25 service engineers to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Set up objectives for the after sales team.
- KPI’s implementation and follow up.
- Implementation of a DMS (Irium software).
- Responsible for the organization of the trainings plan in Sudan and abroad.
- Hiring and empowerment of new engineers to strengthen the team.
- Ensure a proper communication with the suppliers.
- Guarantee a great customer satisfaction.
- Reporting of actions to the Regional Manager.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Expected results Reporting on time, completed, and without mistakes of all key materials communicated by the Department:
- Full reliability
- Timeliness: strict monthly deadlines, continuous improvement of reporting delays
- Customer orientation: quality of service and speed of service in meeting internal customers’ needs and enquiries (top management / other corporate departments)
- Productivity: continuous improvement of automated templates / dashboards / tools… Critical assessment of reporting and own work
Required skill and qualifications:
- Successful experience in management of after sales services of equipment (agricultural and/or construction field) dealership.
- Abilities to work with Excel files and ERP/DMS systems.
- Ability to a good communication and working relationship.
- Considerable management and team leader skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and evaluate the work of supervisors and employees.
- Work well under pressure and strict deadlines.
- A continuous improvement mindset, you are proactive, looking for solution and innovative.
- Rigorous and thorough mindset. Critical thinking abilities.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in similar position is required.
- Mechanical engineer.
- English language is mandatory, Arabic is an advantage.
- You are responsible for the good organization of the department, favouring teamwork and cohesion.
- You are accompanied in your task by an engineer and an assistant.
Salary and benefits:
- Unique challenge in a growing company
- Offices based in Khartoum, Sudan
- Local Sudanese contract
- Local leaves: 30 days
- Probation period: 3 months
- Attractive package according to profile
Are you interested in becoming an After Sales Service Manager in Sudan? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
HR Director in Ghana , Ghana
Also known as HR Manager or Head of HR.
The main responsibility of the HR Director is to enable a high performance culture by driving and developing a strategic people perspective through the management team and in collaboration with managers. This is achieved through structured and proactive HR work creating conditions for top performing employees contributing to business objectives. Ensuring that policies and processes are defined, implemented and maintained to meet the demands of a changing business environment.
Strategic HR organisational development
- Developing the HR plan and strategy for the Business Unit also ensuring implementation and follow up.
- Succession and Management Planning
- Carrying out workforce planning to make sure competences are meeting business demands
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures
- Create an HR Business Plan together with the managing director
- Contributing to the business plan and strategy of the business unit
- Working with organizational development by adapting the company structure to business needs
- Bringing HR perspective to the management team
Strategic HR Development
- Creating and developing the main tools, processes and ways of working with Human Resources for the organization, also considering support of managers
- Implementing and maintaining the company's global HR-processes
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining competent people in a systematic way
- Creating a strong employer brand
HR Administration and Support
- Making sure HR related reporting, controlling, and other administrative processes are running
- Making sure the operations have a proper Compensations and Benefit structure
- Preparing of budget for the department
- Handling conflicts and mediating when needed.
Organizational Change Management
- Supporting the Business in Change Management initiatives and projects
- Ensuring good execution of change for the organization and business when needed
Manage HR Compliance
- Ensurin compliance of the organization’s policies, HR legislations, safety regulations, collective agreements and guidelines, BU policies, and also labour relations
- Working with Works Council and unions
- Making sure of proper management of terminations
Manage the HR team (HR, SRS and Health & Safety)
- Motivating, managing and leading the team towards timely and high quality service with good employee satisfaction
- Coaching individuals to improve the daily work and employee satisfaction
- Conducting and acting upon personal development talks, succession planning, employee satisfaction surveys and competence and performance management
- Establishing a meeting structure where information is shared and exchanged, performance is followed-up, and improvements take place
- Ensuring that there is a remuneration system in place that motivates the staff and that is working according to the set principles, values and strategy
Health & Safety Development
- Ensuring and supporting implementation of safety and health regulations, procedures and policies in daily work
- Creating and safeguarding a safe, sustainable and healthy work environment for all employees
- Supporting the work with continuous improvements regarding safety and health
Qualification and Experiences
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or similar. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years’ of experience working in an HR management role
- Exposure working in a multicultural and multinational environment
- Being able to implement organizational HR practices and policies
- Extensive managerial and leadership experience preferably in the business to business industry.
Are you interested in becoming an HR Director in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Head of HR in Ghana , Ghana
Reporting to: Country Head – Ghana, People Board Rep – Region
Base: Ghana (Accra) with regular travel to Kumasi
The HR function focuses on keeping the staff on board and to work next to the business on areas of creating organisational change, staff engagement, providing learning platforms and supporting restructuring projects. Maximize the potential of individuals is one of the main goals, just as working towards the objective to provide a good future for farmers and the cocoa supply chain.
The Ghana Head of HR role
The new Head of HR is responsible for ensuring there is an effective and proactive HR service to the business. The new Head of HR will lead a team that has a daily responsibility for all areas of HR and all businesses in Ghana. You will also be coaching and leading a high performing HR team. You will be part of the Ghana Steering committee and together with the businesses you will be advising on change management, learning and development, engagement and all areas of HR.
- Develop and drive the People Plan and budget for the company including leading change management projects, possible restructuring of business entities.
- Develop and manage a high performing HR team in Ghana.
- Being the first point of contact for senior management and deal with all HR related issues including coaching, appraisals, contracts, recruitment, learnig and development and mentoring.
- Being the first point of contact for expat issues
- Manage the Payroll for the expats and senior management Team
- Support the HR Teams and manage employee relations issues
- Provide HR reports to senior management on a regular basis
- Recognize internal talent
- Providing coaching for senior managers
- Provide guidance and advice to the company's Nigerian office
Internal and external communication:
- Develop the overall internal communication and staff engagement
- Writing all the communication and scripts for senior management
- Working with the Director of Africa to develop contributions for newsletter
- Driving the editorial for the internal magazine and coaching and overseeing the production
- Coordinating external PR activities
Office management and administration of the office based in Accra:
- Overseeing the administration of the office based in Accra and the office management team
- Working together with the Office Manager to make sure everything is in order regarding the Accra office, visitor apartments and expat housing
Ideally a degree in HR, Business or Social Studies
At least 10 years of relevant experience within an HR Management within a global business
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to provide and recommend commercially focused solutions to the business
Experience with change management projects
Demonstrated ability to work in a developing country, experience in a multicultural environment with an understanding of the company's challenges in terms of recruitment and retention of staff.
Able to deliver high quality work within the given deadlines; Being results oriented
Being creative with a strong sense of service to our employees
Are you interested in becoming a Head of HR in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.