Manager Planning & Logistics in Ethiopia , Ethiopia
Florensis is supplier of high-quality young plant material in the European horticultural business for the professional grower. The head office is based in the Netherlands (Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht). Florensis operates internationally and has several sales- and production locations in Africa and Europe. At one of our locations in Ethiopia we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic:
Manager Planning & Logistics:
Driven, pro-active and commercial
(fulltime, located in Ethiopia)
The manager Planning & Logistics is responsible for all planning and logistic activities at Florensis Ethiopia plc and makes sure operations with regard to these areas run efficiently and effectively. You are responsible for planning, logistics and cold chain. You make sure that Florensis Ethiopia delivers high quality cuttings to its clients in time in the right quantities. In case of deviations, you take care of effective communication with the Supply Cuttings Department in The Netherlands. You will report directly to the general manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure availability of high quality rooted and unrooted cuttings and adequately register the availability in the logistical system (in which you are key-user);
• Ensure Florensis Netherlands is up to date on real time availability of unrooted and rooted cuttings;
• You make sure that operational departments are running adequate and efficiently;
• Ensure adequate logistics for delivering cuttings to different customers;
• Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock;
• Responsible for arranging and optimizing shipments to our customers;
• Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques with regard to planning, logistics and cold chain and propose improvements for the harvesting and delivery of cuttings;
• Liaise with the general manager and production manager Agronomy on cultivation, propagation, planning, logistics, hygiene and quality issues.
Florensis offers you a broad, independent and responsible job within a dynamic international organisation. Besides, we offer you a competitive salary with secondary benefits and future prospects.
• A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agronomics from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience;
• Some years of relevant work experience;
• Experience with working in a non-western country is a pré;
• You are able to motivate and coach staff and create a positive atmosphere;
• You are accurate and having excellent analytical skills;
• You are customer minded;
• You are able to indicate clear common goals and are able to direct others to reach these;
• You have great communication skills and an excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written (knowledge of the Dutch language is a pre);
• You have a positive, strong, fair and credible;
• Able to live and work in Ethiopia.
For more information, please visit our website www.florensis.com. For additional information, please contact Leon Duijnisveld (Director Supply Chain and Foreign Production), T: +31(0)78-6233200.
If you are up for this challenge and can identify yourself with the profile mentioned above, we would like to receive your motivation letter and curriculum vitae. You can send your application by post to: Florensis B.V., Attn. Dept. HRM, P.O. box 32, 3330 AA Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands. Or, preferably, u can apply via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for application is Friday 17 February 2017.
An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.
International Account Manager Africa , Kenya
Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
Manager of Operations , Netherlands
Foundation Rural Energy Services (FRES) advances electrification in rural areas in Africa by establishing small-scale, commercially operating utilities. They provide households and small businesses with electricity, preferably generated by solar energy, to meet the demand for proper lighting, radio and TV, charging cell phones, and a broad range of commercial activities. In this way they contribute to the social and economic development and social cohesion of rural areas.
FRES is a non-profit, small multinational, founded in 2004, and consists of companies in Mali, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Uganda and Guinea-Bissau and a head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
FRES-Netherlands is, within the boundaries set by the FRES Board, responsible to guide the FRES Companies and:
• Develop, agree objectives and strategy for each FRES Company;
• Develop, agree annual plans and budgets for each FRES Company;
• Set boundary conditions, policies and guidelines;
• Appoint Management Team staff of each FRES Company, appraise their performance;
• Monitor and appraise the performance and strategy of their business;
• Arrange for specific authorizations for investments, divestments, major activities;
• Arrange for mandatory services such as central procurement (unless otherwise agreed);
• Promote adherence to the FRES fee-for-service business model;
• Develop new business to generate new FRES customers;
• Have an internal control framework in place to manage risks and opportunities; and to demonstrate compliance;
• Report to the FRES Board on status, progress.
FRES-Netherlands has a team of 6 staff members to perform the activities who report to the General Director. FRES Netherlands is currently looking to fill one of the two positions of Manager of Operations within the team. FRES Group Companies have a turnover of approx. € 10 million per annum in existing business and new developments (50/50) with a total of 230 direct staff.
A Manager of Operations is responsible for the effective operation of the FRES companies. It is a senior role which involves overseeing the operational activities and business results of FRES companies. An important objective for the Manager of Operations is to achieve operational excellence of FRES companies that meets expectations of its clients, its stakeholders and its shareholders. As a member of the FRES-NL team he/she ensures that the FRES objectives for the FRES companies are realized. As a member of the board of the local FRES Companies he/she assists in ensuring that the FRES companies meet their objectives.
The Manager of Operations works intensively with the other FRES-NL team members, to ensure consistent reporting to the General Director and the Board of FRES.
• Develop FRESco/country strategies in line with FRES strategies;
• Ensure FRESco strategies are aligned with, and that the FRESco’s interest is represented in, the overall FRES Business strategies and plan;
• Govern (control and guide) FRESco’s;
• Monitor performance of FRESco’s against agreed targets and objectives;
• Appraise FRESco business performance, strategies and business control framework;
• Benchmark business processes and performance metrics between the FRES companies;
• He/she is member of the Board of Directors of the FRES company;
• Willingness to travel 5-10 times per year to rural areas in Africa for a short stay or in specific cases a stay for several weeks or months.
All these responsibilities are executed under the supervision of the General Director.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to take the initiative, and to work independently;
• Proven skills and experience with respect to Business Administration with an operations management specialization and experience in the daily running of SME’s in developing countries;
• Strong analytical and presentation skills;
• Strong skills and experience with writing reports;
• Good team player and understanding the information needs of other team members, assisting them to identify and present business/operational issues arising that need to be addressed, improved;
• Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to manage time efficiently;
• Have leadership and supervisory skills;
• Have good critical and judgement skills;
• Excellent spoken English and French and excellent written English or French;
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Commitment to existing Organization policies.
FRES offers a salary according standards of the NGO sector.
Please send a motivational letter and your resume before November 18th 2016.
Commercial Manager , Malawi
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
Managing Director , Ghana
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
General Manager in East Africa , East Africa
The General Manager has the overall responsibility of this production location in East Africa, at which a few hundred people are employed.
- It is absolutely essential that you have worked in a senior management position on a large horticultural farm
- You must have hands-on farming experience for at least 8 years
- You will have experience of working in Africa
- You will be a strong people manager and have experience of large teams reporting into you
- You will be strong commercially and financially and be able to make sound business decisions
- Bachelor or master degree in horticulture or related field
- Good understanding of technical installations
- Comfortable working in the greenhouse
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in East Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Head of Impact and Influence , Zimbabwe
Our client works with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy.
We have partnered up with them, and we are seeking a Head of Impact and Influence cq a natural leader, who can build out and change ambition maps and identify potential partnership and funding opportunities. If you are passionate about helping people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems, keep reading!
The ideal candidate is able to articulate the organization’s strategy and change ambitions, by building strategic partnerships with governments, donors, NGOs, and originate, design and develop innovative programmes to achieve these ambitions. As a member of the Zimbabwe senior management team, you will collaborate closely with senior colleagues to ensure integration of approaches, as well as building capabilities of other staff.
What we expect from you:
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in the NGO business development field in Zimbabwe / Southern Africa with knowledge and understanding of poor rural communities
- A Master’s degree in Development studies, Agriculture or related field
- Ability to understand and articulate energy, smallholder agriculture and climate resilience development priorities of Zimbabwe
- Ability to engage externally and open doors to strategic partnerships and funding
- Excellent proposal writing, presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in English and authorized to work in Zimbabwe
You can expect:
- An attractive basic salary + benefits
- Open communication
- To work with an inspiring and passionate team
- Continuous learning
Should you be interested in this offer, please apply and we will get back to you asap.
Warehouse and Logistics Manager in Nigeria , Nigeria
In charge of the receiving, warehousing, and timely distribution of goods to other units and the administrative aspects related to that.
Planning and coordination of logistics for the group.
- Monitoring stocks
o Weekly reports to management and other units
o always maintaining minimum stock requirement
- Processing requisitions of other units
o Confirm availability with stock
o Inform Procurement if not available
- Follow up on deliveries
- Monitor receipt, order, assembly an dispatch of goods
o Planning and coordination of the logistics between different units
o Planning and coordination of deliveries with procurement
o Planning and coordination of gate passes for contractors and suppliers
- Implement value adding services in the warehouse
- Efficient space utilization
- Communicate effectively with the different departments
- Focus on planning, 3 months minimum stock
- Daily updates on availability and requirements to relevant departments
- Weekly stock reports, stock control and reconciliation with the database
- Identification of dead stock
- Planning of future requirements
- Responsible for the administration of the department
- Planning of the rotation of staff (weekend assignment)
- Propose solutions to improve the warehouse and logistics department
- Implementation of a barcode system
- Recruitment, coaching of staff
- Clear and effective communication
- Ability to prioritize works according to urgency and importance
- Ability to multitask, follow up on different projects, respect deadlines
- Problem solving skills, logical reasoning
- Discipline and following of procedure
- Knowledge of warehouse KPI’s
- Writing of reports
- IT Skills
o Excellent excel skills
o Experience with ERP, preference Dynamics/Navision
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of energy
- Motivator, team leader, strong interpersonal skills
- Pushing people to perform
- Experience of minimum ten years in warehousing and/or logistics
- Good English
- Bsc in logistics, supply chain or business administration
- Strong leadership skills
- Disciplined and trustworthy
- At least 5 years of experience in Nigeria
- Technical knowledge on engineering spares
- Housing in the company compound
- Transport to and from the work location
- 1 month paid leave per annum
- Flight tickets are covered by the company (economy class) to home country
- Insurance (excluding postnatal and dental)
Are you interested in becoming a Warehouse and Logistics Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.