Manager Planning & Logistics in Ethiopia , Ethiopia
Florensis is supplier of high-quality young plant material in the European horticultural business for the professional grower. The head office is based in the Netherlands (Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht). Florensis operates internationally and has several sales- and production locations in Africa and Europe. At one of our locations in Ethiopia we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic:
Manager Planning & Logistics:
Driven, pro-active and commercial
(fulltime, located in Ethiopia)
The manager Planning & Logistics is responsible for all planning and logistic activities at Florensis Ethiopia plc and makes sure operations with regard to these areas run efficiently and effectively. You are responsible for planning, logistics and cold chain. You make sure that Florensis Ethiopia delivers high quality cuttings to its clients in time in the right quantities. In case of deviations, you take care of effective communication with the Supply Cuttings Department in The Netherlands. You will report directly to the general manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure availability of high quality rooted and unrooted cuttings and adequately register the availability in the logistical system (in which you are key-user);
• Ensure Florensis Netherlands is up to date on real time availability of unrooted and rooted cuttings;
• You make sure that operational departments are running adequate and efficiently;
• Ensure adequate logistics for delivering cuttings to different customers;
• Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock;
• Responsible for arranging and optimizing shipments to our customers;
• Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques with regard to planning, logistics and cold chain and propose improvements for the harvesting and delivery of cuttings;
• Liaise with the general manager and production manager Agronomy on cultivation, propagation, planning, logistics, hygiene and quality issues.
Florensis offers you a broad, independent and responsible job within a dynamic international organisation. Besides, we offer you a competitive salary with secondary benefits and future prospects.
• A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agronomics from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience;
• Some years of relevant work experience;
• Experience with working in a non-western country is a pré;
• You are able to motivate and coach staff and create a positive atmosphere;
• You are accurate and having excellent analytical skills;
• You are customer minded;
• You are able to indicate clear common goals and are able to direct others to reach these;
• You have great communication skills and an excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written (knowledge of the Dutch language is a pre);
• You have a positive, strong, fair and credible;
• Able to live and work in Ethiopia.
For more information, please visit our website www.florensis.com. For additional information, please contact Leon Duijnisveld (Director Supply Chain and Foreign Production), T: +31(0)78-6233200.
If you are up for this challenge and can identify yourself with the profile mentioned above, we would like to receive your motivation letter and curriculum vitae. You can send your application by post to: Florensis B.V., Attn. Dept. HRM, P.O. box 32, 3330 AA Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands. Or, preferably, u can apply via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for application is Friday 17 February 2017.
An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.
International Account Manager Africa , Kenya
Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
Manager of Operations , Netherlands
Foundation Rural Energy Services (FRES) advances electrification in rural areas in Africa by establishing small-scale, commercially operating utilities. They provide households and small businesses with electricity, preferably generated by solar energy, to meet the demand for proper lighting, radio and TV, charging cell phones, and a broad range of commercial activities. In this way they contribute to the social and economic development and social cohesion of rural areas.
FRES is a non-profit, small multinational, founded in 2004, and consists of companies in Mali, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Uganda and Guinea-Bissau and a head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
FRES-Netherlands is, within the boundaries set by the FRES Board, responsible to guide the FRES Companies and:
• Develop, agree objectives and strategy for each FRES Company;
• Develop, agree annual plans and budgets for each FRES Company;
• Set boundary conditions, policies and guidelines;
• Appoint Management Team staff of each FRES Company, appraise their performance;
• Monitor and appraise the performance and strategy of their business;
• Arrange for specific authorizations for investments, divestments, major activities;
• Arrange for mandatory services such as central procurement (unless otherwise agreed);
• Promote adherence to the FRES fee-for-service business model;
• Develop new business to generate new FRES customers;
• Have an internal control framework in place to manage risks and opportunities; and to demonstrate compliance;
• Report to the FRES Board on status, progress.
FRES-Netherlands has a team of 6 staff members to perform the activities who report to the General Director. FRES Netherlands is currently looking to fill one of the two positions of Manager of Operations within the team. FRES Group Companies have a turnover of approx. € 10 million per annum in existing business and new developments (50/50) with a total of 230 direct staff.
A Manager of Operations is responsible for the effective operation of the FRES companies. It is a senior role which involves overseeing the operational activities and business results of FRES companies. An important objective for the Manager of Operations is to achieve operational excellence of FRES companies that meets expectations of its clients, its stakeholders and its shareholders. As a member of the FRES-NL team he/she ensures that the FRES objectives for the FRES companies are realized. As a member of the board of the local FRES Companies he/she assists in ensuring that the FRES companies meet their objectives.
The Manager of Operations works intensively with the other FRES-NL team members, to ensure consistent reporting to the General Director and the Board of FRES.
• Develop FRESco/country strategies in line with FRES strategies;
• Ensure FRESco strategies are aligned with, and that the FRESco’s interest is represented in, the overall FRES Business strategies and plan;
• Govern (control and guide) FRESco’s;
• Monitor performance of FRESco’s against agreed targets and objectives;
• Appraise FRESco business performance, strategies and business control framework;
• Benchmark business processes and performance metrics between the FRES companies;
• He/she is member of the Board of Directors of the FRES company;
• Willingness to travel 5-10 times per year to rural areas in Africa for a short stay or in specific cases a stay for several weeks or months.
All these responsibilities are executed under the supervision of the General Director.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to take the initiative, and to work independently;
• Proven skills and experience with respect to Business Administration with an operations management specialization and experience in the daily running of SME’s in developing countries;
• Strong analytical and presentation skills;
• Strong skills and experience with writing reports;
• Good team player and understanding the information needs of other team members, assisting them to identify and present business/operational issues arising that need to be addressed, improved;
• Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to manage time efficiently;
• Have leadership and supervisory skills;
• Have good critical and judgement skills;
• Excellent spoken English and French and excellent written English or French;
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Commitment to existing Organization policies.
FRES offers a salary according standards of the NGO sector.
Please send a motivational letter and your resume before November 18th 2016.
Commercial Manager , Malawi
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
Managing Director , Ghana
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
Finance Manager - Uganda , Uganda
Our client is a leading, multinational manufacturer of animal nutrition with several brands based in East Africa and Europe. We're currently seeking a Finance Manager to join the Uganda office in Kampala.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Finance Manager ensures the formulation and, after approval by the General Manager, implementation of the F&A strategy (overheads/indirect costs) of the Operating Company (OpCo), in line with the regional and global business strategy.
The Finance Manager usually acts as deputy for the OpCo General Manager.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Strategy: Formulates a financial strategy, consistent with the business strategy and corporate guidelines, which after approval by the General Manager, results in short and (mid) long term plans for the department and a framework for the key areas of the department.
- Financial Accounting: Manage the financial accounting, control and administration organization, processes and systems (general ledger, balance-sheet, P&L statement, cash (flow)/liquidity management, FX, treasury, local tax regulations, insurances, payroll, etc.).
- Business Year Planning and Forecasting: Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the company, in line with the strategy of the company, in order to give, after approval by the General Manager, guidance for the activities of the department. Plans, organizes, co-ordinates and supports the monthly business forecasting process and analyzes to budget.
- Financial Control: Ensures the timely and accurate availability of financial plans, reports and budgets, within corporate guidelines, in order to give management adequate insight into the financial situation
- Management Advice: Proactively advises management in decisions with substantial financial consequences, and takes care of financial analyses to support these decisions, within corporate guidelines, to ensure financial awareness in decision making and to minimize financial risks.
- Risk Management: Plans, directs and controls risk-management, supervises and controls the handling of claims, within corporate guidelines, in order to guarantee a balance between the financial (economic) risks and the costs of insurance
- Tax Management: Ensures the handling of local tax matters, in line with corporate tax guidelines, in order to comply with relevant local tax rules and legislation.
- Administrative Organisation: Ensures the formulation of the administrative organisation, in line with corporate guidelines, in order to safeguard effective and controllable administrative processes.
- Budget Control: Controls the budget of the department, takes corrective actions when necessary, and ensures adequate reporting, within the corporate guidelines, to ensure that the department delivers its budget and meets KPI objectives.
- Human Resource Management: Organises, manages, develops and staffs the department, in order to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimisation of business results.
- Deputy duties: Finance Manager may be acting as deputy of the General Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University education in finance and/or accounting
- Professional accounting certification (ACCA, CPA or similar)
- Experience within manufacturing industry
- Hands-on financial professional, experienced as being Finance responsible for reporting Profit/Loss & Balance sheet within an International Business and/or Accounting Firm.
- Team management experience
- Experience with SAP or other recognized ERP system is strongly preferred.
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office
- Strong communication skills (oral and written English)
- Enjoys analysing numbers
- Able to demonstrate Integrity, Honesty & Loyalty
- Entrepreneurial self-starter; an ability to take initiatives and get things done.
- A team player with an international, independent, pragmatic, result oriented attitude.
- Comfortable with a small team and end responsibility for financial results (correctness; timeliness)
- Capable of working under tight deadlines.
This position is available to local candidates (Ugandan citizens).
If you're interested, please apply via the link with a short motivation why your background is a great fit for the role.
Financial Controller in Nigeria , Nigeria
For our client active in the fishing industry we are recruiting a Financial Controller in Nigeria.
• The Financial Controller will be responsible for managing all finance and accounting operations, preparing and publishing timely monthly and annual financial statements, establishing, coordinating and directing the preparation of financial forecasts, budgets and report variances
• Responsibilities would also include the development of internal control policies and procedures as well as cash management and managing internal and external audits and corrective actions
Duties & Responsibilities
• Preparation and submission of the monthly and annual financial reports.
• Proper and accurate book-keeping and closure of monthly and annual accounts with reconciliations (banks, vendors, customers).
• Manage the reconciliation of all ledger accounts prior to each period-end.
• Accurate closure of annual accounts in compliance with IAS & FIRS with all proper accruals and provisions along with confirmation of balances.
• Coordinate with auditors, lead statutory audit exercise, make all documents and systems available including tax computation.
• Coordinate with external auditors and drive corrective actions arising from the audits.
• Ensure all statutory returns are filed on time and compliance adhered to.
• Coordinate with different government authorities on matters related to taxes and duties.
• Ensure Company’s assets and related risks are properly covered.
• Ensure continuous local vs foreign cash-balance and availability.
• Active participation in cost optimization projects.
• Ensure proper systems and processes, internal controls & compliance.
• Regular review of ERP functionalities.
• Develop finance team, ensuring timely and correct daily accounting and payment postings and reporting.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• An MBA/M.Sc is desired
• Minimum of 15 years experience in a manufacturing industry, agriculture is a bonus
• IT savvy (hands-on knowledge working with Ms365, ERP)
• Intimate knowledge of Ms Navision and/or Dynamics 365 Business Central is a big plus
• Must know International Accounting standards, rules and regulations
• Experience working in Africa
• Preferably single status
• Located in Lagos, Nigeria
• A generous salary with expat benefits
• A job as number 2 in the company (reporting to the MD/owner)
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Dealer Director, Branch Manager - Ghana , Ghana
The main responsibility of the Dealer Director is to proactively manage, lead and develop the Dealership through a strong customer- and business focus. This entails managing daily operations, maximize customer satisfaction and developing motivated teams in order to achieve financial and businesses performance targets. And thereby, contributing to the company's profitability.
Create profitability by managing the dealership to meet current and future customer needs and business targets in accordance with plans and strategies.
- Drive a strong commercial focus on EBIT, ensuring a clear business mind-set and strong customer focus throughout the Dealership
- Communicate defined strategies and targets
- Follow up results and create action plans
- Coordinate sales; negotiate prices, terms and discounts on products, parts and services
- Ensure alignment across the operations
- Manage the business planning process considering market situation and the future vision of the Dealer as well as the company in general
- Develop the business together with the management team, in close collaboration with the distributor, through market
development and promotion of the companies products and services offerings
- Participate in development and implementation of new services and market activities
- Work with the Customer & Driver Satisfaction Index and surveys, generate action plans when necessary
- Seek for new business opportunities by networking, benchmarking and investigating future trends
- Optimize resources over the workshops and other Regions
- Secure an harmonized approach & processes in each workshop
- Encourage entrepreneurship
Run the daily operations in a safe and profitable way by setting and following up clear targets, enabling and engaging teams and implementing a continuous improvement approach
- Plan and organize daily operations
- Ensure and follow up on SHE compliance
- Ensure that operations targets and objectives are followed up, create action plans and take action
- Foster a result and customer oriented mind-set in the teams
- Enable and engage teams to reach targets
- Participate in key deals
- Focus on increasing productivity by continuous improvements encouraging an SRS approach
- Ensure and follow up operations according to routines, procedures and policies
- Ensure compliance with DOS, policies and local laws and regulations
- Conduct management/department meetings
- Participate in the sales and services meetings
- Administration, approval of expenditures
- Make commercial Goodwill decisions within set limits
- Challenge current ways of working when needed
- Multitasking to support colleagues and get the job done
Dealership Sales and Marketing
Act as a broad external representative for the Dealership and the company in general, showcasing the companies presence, interacting with customers, business associations, unions, schools etc.
- Proactively develop new and maintain existing customer relationships within the region
- Participate in managing key customers
- Foster the companies brand
- Strengthen collaboration and interaction with educational bodies in the region
- Work with Corporate Social Responsibility for the Dealership and the company in the region
- Manage the O2D process and guarantee a minimum lead time
- Manage the Rental activity : fleet & occupation rate
- Directly Manage the Used Trucks business
General knowledge and skills
- Business Perspective
- Managing People
- Managing Resources
- Products and services
- SHE (Safety and Health and Environment)
- Workshop business process
- Sales to Delivery
- Services to Delivery
- Ensuring Accountability
- Fostering Learning and Development
- Leading change
- Result orientated
• High school education, further education in relevant field a strong advantage
• Relevant business knowledge and experience in a similar role
• Extensive managerial and leadership experience preferably in the heavy vehicle or a related B2B industry
• Experience from a position with a large number of direct reports with a P&L responsibility
• Driver’s license (B, C,)
Are you interested in becoming a Branch Manager in Ghana ?
Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.