Location: Accra, but will be visiting various depots from time to time (North, South, West and Central Ghana
Start date: A.s.a.p.
Job brief We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager within the fast moving goods sector (fish mongering/ fast moving consumer goods with short shelf live such as meat, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and baked goods) to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. This person will be responsible for maximizing internal and regional sales team potential, crafting sales strategies and plans in line with the overall corporate strategy and justifying these to the management team.
• The sales manager will be in charge of making sure all 5 regional sales depots meet the company’s base quality standards and are equipped and resourced to meet monthly sales targets. Together with the Quality assurance manager the successful candidate will also be in charge of all core and support operations related to sales.
• Managing the 5 depots the Sales manager will look at new opportunities to further develop the market as well as the product.
• The Sales manager will work hand in hand with the Marketing manager to make sure that customers are brand aware.
• Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
• Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence in existing as well as new markets.
• Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
• Build and further promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships with existing partners working toward understanding their needs as well as making sure they are aligned with the company goals.
• Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to Finance as well as the management team
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
• BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
• Successful previous experience as a sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
• Experience in the fast moving goods or agri/aquaculture sector, preferably in fish mongering/ fast moving consumer goods with short shelf live such as meat, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and baked goods
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
• Strong business sense and industry expertise
• Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
• Excellent excel, word and PowerPoint skills
• High level analytical thinking
• High level of maths
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Sales Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Regional Manager - East and Southern Africa (Consultant)
Our client is an NGO working with small holder models for cash crops around Africa.
The consultant (long term 3-5 yrs) will be responsible for overseeing, developing and representing the company in Southern and East Africa. He will contribute to a powerful recognition of the company amongst national and regional stakeholders and in the end a proper scale-up in the number of strategic partnerships, participating farmers and the volumes pulled through the supply chain.
This involves developing, implementing, improving and evaluating existing and new partnerships, creating a strategy for the companies presence in the region, resetting programme objectives with implementers, governments, funders, etc. who are of strategic relevance, and strengthen the companies presence within the region. The consultant will work closely with the Supply Team at head office to create a strategy for the coming years.
1. Lead on the implementation and development of the plans for each country in the region (South Africa, Mozambique, Madagascar, and also new countries) in collaboration with other departments of the company to enable delivery of global strategy and goals.
2. Further develop and strengthen the network of partners in the region and ensure representation of the company in appropriate forums.
3. Develop a regional strategic plan to support The companies global priorities. Strategy will cover demand and fundraising and national embedding.
4. Manage and oversee capacity building of partners, to make sure all parties have the capabilities and capacity to deliver on objectives for the programme.
5. Collaborate and support with the assurance team for the execution of the assurance program.
6. Making sure appropriate escalation of important risks to credibility of the operations in the different countries.
7. Working together with the fundraising team to create marketing and funding opportunities for the company. Support fundraising activities in the regions.
8. Contribute to developing of the global programme team by sharing knowledge and building the reputation of the company as a leading organisation in both the sustainable agriculture and textile sectors and creating ideas to improve ways of working.
9. Ensure the integrity of the company in the region through quality recruitment, management, induction, and coaching of regional partners, incl. overseeing farm monitoring and supporting licensing processes, communicating texts of best practice, collecting impact data and results, and providing training and referrals.
10. Closely work with the Regional Manager of West Africa and line manage the staff in the country.
11. Monitor the selection and training of participating gins and other manufactorers and suppliers on the use of the companies traceability systems.
12. Sharing knowledge and stories from the country programs to transfer skills to other African country partners and around the globe.
13. Contribute to video messages, written materials, and other front-line communication messages in order to build the company into a well-known and respected standard in Africa and around the world.
14. Represent the company in the region and around the world to make sure that it maintains a solid reputation and a credible status across the cotton sector.
15. Overseeing of project costs. Be the focal point for the innovation and growth fund application process for Southern and East Africa.
16. Monitoring budget expenditure, associated reporting, to make sure of efficient and effective use of financial resources within the country.
Furthermore the Regional Manager is expected to work together on activities as agreed with a representative of the company.
- The consultant appointed to this role will report to the Head of Partnerships.
- Salary: depending on experience.
- The consultancy role is estimated to require approximately 40 hours per week, and will be home-based or in a co-working space in a country of operation. The consultancy contract will be for an initial twelve-month fixed term, with extension possible. This contract is a local contract and our client is not able to cover any relocation or expatriation expenses.
- The consultant is expected to attend special meetings and events, some of which may occur in the evenings or weekends. Frequent travel within the region will be required (>30%).
To be successful, candidates for the Regional Manager role will have the following attributes:
- At least 7 years’ working experience in programme and project design and management
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar role in an African country
- Track record of effective and successful partnership development and management, including process management and monitoring of performance
- Proven work experience in the agricultural sector and value chains in East and Southern Africa, cash crops
- Proven results in managing fundraising activities and a wide network of partners
- Demonstrated results in conducting negotiation with high level partners and governments
- Experience of working in both international organizations /NGOs and private sector
- Experience in cotton production and textile sector
Skills & knowledge
- Master degree in relevant field (Agronomy, BA, international relations…) or more
- Strong attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strategic influencing and excellent interpersonal, facilitation and negotiation skills, with service-oriented attitude and diplomacy
- Fluency in English with excellent written skills, Portuguese and French highly desirable
- Advanced computer and IT skills, including excellent command of Excel and PPT, and management of project database
- Flexibility, initiative, ability to work autonomously in a remote environment
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Manager in Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client grows fruit around the globe. For their operations in Costa Rica we are looking for a dynamic Operations Director to head their pineapple operations.
Job type: permanent, full-time, with trial period
Location: Costa Rica
Production: About 480 ha of Pineapple in 2 farms
Roles & Responsibilities:
In this challenging role, the Operations Director will be responsible for the overall operations
Specific areas of responsibility include:
Achieving above standard agricultural practices
Driving the best agricultural practices on the field, from land preparation through planting, inputs usage, crop monitoring and harvesting
Focusing on sustainably increasing yields
Cost optimization, in compliance with the spending thresholds and policies set by the Group
Benchmarking practices with top-industry standards
Developing regenerative agricultural practices and a spirit of innovative thinking in operations with resources at hand
Capability and interest to further develop the current production pattern
Ensuring optimal post-harvest flows
Operating efficient and cost-effective post-harvest flow, with optimal pack-house management and effective quality control
Maintaining an effective and committed team at all levels
Diffusing an attitude of continuous improvement, with an open and communicative climate
Assigning key roles and responsibilities, dealing with underperforming people, and developing talent
Shaping the team to operate under tight financial constraints and deliver objectives set by the Group
The Operations Director will report to the Managing Director.
Skills, Qualifications & Attitude
A team player, confident and happy to work hard to accomplish a purposeful goal. The following skills are the most
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in a farm management position
Agronomist or Agricultural Engineering Degree
Proven leadership skills with communicative drive
Ability to successfully manage tight cash situations, and handle contingencies
Entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude; boots in the field
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Business knowledge with command of finance
Open mindset with keen interest in innovation
Good knowledge of Spanish and English
Interest in themes such as sustainability, resource efficiency, regenerative or circular business models
Willingness to live in remote location
Ambition to meaningfully grow the business
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Director in Costa Rica?
Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Founded in 2012, our client is a Social Enterprise, focussing on products for the rural market.
To achieve the rapid growth of our client, we are recruiting a dynamic and gritty COO who is excited to take a fast-growing and high-impact organization to new levels, alongside a passionate and hard-working team. The COO would build out two new departments – logistics and quality assurance – in order to ensure that we have the systems required to complete a tremendous scale-up and maintain quality. The COO would serve both a strategy and execution role, spend significant time both overseeing site operations and analyzing operational data in the office, and be a critical thought partner to the CEO and Board. This person would support country leadership as well as the heads of operations in each country to guide strategy, identify new systems needs to support expansion, and drive global special projects. We are looking for a leader who is ready to take on the impact opportunity and challenge of a career.
The responsibilities would include:
Work with CEO to determine and iterate on our rapid scale strategy, and directly support implementation
Recommend changes to the business model to fit new contexts based on field learnings and see to the execution of those changes
Initiate, manage, and implement strategic special projects (e.g. oversee ISO 9001 certification, manage new department creation, develop playbook for expansion, etc.)
Manage research and development agenda to continuously improve floor quality and customer service
Develop strategies to improve our customer satisfaction
Develop innovative incentive schemes and training models that motivate field staff, especially masons, to consistently deliver quality service
Execution and Team Support
Build out new “dotted line” support functions for logistics and quality control to enable the company to achieve rapid scale without sacrificing quality
Develop the structure of the Operations Department in each new country as the company establishes the business there, and support the Country Directors in hiring these roles as they expand
Support operations teams across all countries, including onboarding new operations hires, setting targets, determining strategy, and training the teams as needed
Work closely with the Talent Associate to source and hire the right staff to support the growth of your team
Build capacity of national and district teams to own their data and improve their efficiency
Continuous Improvements to Operational Efficiency
Drive gross margins by finding areas to increase revenue and cut COGS
Analyze data to assess areas of inefficiency in each district and develop innovative interventions to improve efficiency
Identify and implement continuous process efficiency improvements through significant time with customers, drivers, sales reps, and masons
Improve and implement systems to support scaling (e.g., construction planning, inventory management, supply chain management, quality control management, customer relations management, financial management, etc.)
Oversee the management of and updates to existing Salesforce platform, integrating new software as necessary
Excellent analytical skills and excellent detail orientation, including Excel modeling and data analysis
Experience and skills in motivating and guiding a team towards results
Passionate about international development and social enterprise
Knowledge or experience with engineering, logistics, or supply chains
Flexible and adaptable to changing environments; thrives in a bootstrapped culture
Strong understanding of accounting, budget management, and financial management
Hard working and gritty to push through challenges
Ability to work on a variety of tasks at the same time and manage time
Maturity and poise under stress
Entrepreneurial attitude, creative problem solver, patient team-player with a sense of humor
Experience with fast-growing social ventures is a plus
Experience living and working in a developing country, preferably in East Africa, is a plus
Several years (10+) of related work experience, ideally in management consulting or operations is a plus
Graduate degree (MBA, MPA/ID, etc.) a plus, but not required
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are your hands dirty, greasy and bruised? And do they also handle a keyboard well? Can you design your next component on the computer? If you are skilled, both in the workshop as well as on the computer, if you are hands on, hardworking, energetic and enthusiastic, we may have the perfect job for you. This job for a Road Freight division will give you the chance to manage a large workshop and to build on the foundation that was already created of being maintenance facility in the region which is the most techonology advanced. We are seeking an individual who is both hands on and process driven,and is capable to continue to grow and innovate.
1.1. Having overall managerial responsibility for ensuring that the requirements of the procedures are met.
1.2. Being able ensure compliance with company procedures, policies and relevant Tanzanian legislation. Supervising the daily activities of maintenance operation and vehicle repair to ensure safety
and good performance of all company equipment and vehicles.
1.3. Provide supervision and leadership for reporting staff to meet company deliverables. Ensure all assets and equipment are built, designed, maintained and serviced in a professional, safe and efficient way.
1.4. Making sure all yard and workshop operations are done in an efficient, cost effective, professional and safe way.
1.5. Produce and plan a preventative maintenance schedule for mechanical work but also for visual aspects.
2. DAY TO DAY TASKS
2.1. The Workshop Lead assigns, plans and reviews all the work which is done by technicians in the workshop. Instruct the supervisors who will supervise the work of the electricians, panel beaters, welders and mechanics.
2.2. Actively support the companies' vision and values on Environment, Quality and Safety. The Workshop Lead is responsible to make sure that all working areas are safe, that the workshop is safely maintained and that staff is fully trained to do their job safely and efficiently.
2.3. The Workshop Lead makes recommendations regarding the promotion and discipline of employees and also the recruitment. He authorizes overtime and leave, assesses and evaluates employee performance and advises employees on work related problems, .
2.4. Cooperating with other departments and co-ordinate the need for repair and maintenance of operational equipment with other departments and employees.
3.1. The Workshop Lead will produce a monthly service report of the work, breakdowns and tyre tasks which are done by the workshop, along with feedback and recommendations to management. These reports will include:
3.2. A Monthly workshop report, including number of vehicles worked on, breakdowns, fleet reliability and availability, turnover time, equipment PPM calculator report, tyre scrap report and KPI’s for workshop staff.
4. EDUCATION / TRAINING
4.1. Hold a degree in an engineering field.
4.2. At least 5 years’ ofexperience in maintenance / vehicle repair.
4.3. Minimum 2 years managing / supervising experience.
4.4. A course in health and safety in the workplace would be a plus.
4.5. Advanced knowledge on SAP, Microsoft office suite, FMP, BUDINI software.
5. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
5.1. Being able to coordinate workshop operations and supervise and direct personnel.
5.2. Advanced skills in English in both speaking, reading and writing
5.3. Resolve vehicle breakdowns and being able to operate all equipment and tools involved in vehicle repairs.
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Lead in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
MANAGING DIRECTOR – INSURANCE BROKERS - ANGOLA
A leading COMMERCIAL INSURANCE COMPANY in ANGOLA is looking for a Managing Director to run THE BUSINESS.
A strong background in commercial insurance with A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS experience in managing an Insurance Brokerage, and leading a successful business with a major is required.
Excellent opportunity for someone to take charge in this business, move it to the next level, and develop their career accordingly.
SKILL SET REQUIRED:
• Visionary leadership
• Ability to motivate a workforce
• Effective management and delegation
• Communication and negotiation
• PR and presentation skills
• Understanding of a multi-faceted business operation
• Strong financial acumen
• Planning and forecasting
• In depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments
• Complex problem solving
• Effective decision making
MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS in a senior INSURANCE LEADERSHIP ROLE in a large well known Brokerage.
PLEASE NOTE: applications from individuals without the required Insurance Experience will NOT be considered.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Angola? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a multinational provider of housing equipment for the agricultural market. They are looking for employees who show initiative, creativity, motivation and interest in a demanding and versatile job.
As sales manager, you report directly to the responsible Head of Business Unit. The company is looking for a motivated salesperson from the agricultural industry or similar areas. You will make their customers familiar with their housing equipment for keeping laying hens and heavier poultry. As their systems for livestock production require detailed explanation, you should be interested in technical processes and procedures.
You will be the first contact person for the clients’ customers and responsible for the development and expansion of the market. Central tasks include supporting of sales agents as well as planning, carrying out and accompanying negotiations with key accounts independently all the way to the conclusion of the contract. You will analyse the market and be responsible for developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies in the region.
We are looking for a dynamic businessperson who is self-confident and communicates well. Moreover, you should have some experience in sales, as well as business-level Arabic skills (written and spoken). Solid English or German skills are obligatory. You should furthermore be willing to travel.
Further important prerequisites for this challenging job are individual initiative and self-organising skills. If you are good at organising, if you can work independently and are very structured, motivated and flexible, this responsible position might be the ideal opportunity for you.
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager in Egypt? Apply now through the 'apply now' button.
* Basic salary + performance based bonus
* Secondary benefits negotiable
* This could be a family position
* Start date ASAP, but flexible for the right person