For our client, who is a fast growing insurance company in several African countries, we are on the lookout for a high potential insurance broker. Great candidates can grow to a more senior role in 6 months and even take over from the country director after 18 months.
We are looking for friendly disciplined characters who want to join a fast growing business.
7-15 years work experience
Insurance Brokerage experience of at least 5 years
Preference for South African & EU nationals.
Languages: Portuguese proven proficiency
Has worked with major international Brokerage
Has managed a team of brokers & is familiar with running profit & loss management reports
Preferably has spent at least 3-4 years with one company
Interesting package with great growth potential and opportunity for profit sharing. Tickets and accommodation costs covered.
They provide local medical cover that covers evacuation to South Africa & Europe.
They organise a vehicle for personal and business use. During business hours dedicated driver.
Given Angola’s challenging environment – would welcome spouse but not family’s due to very harsh & expensive living conditions.
Title of Role: Country Director
Employment Type: Consultancy
Expected Start Date: October 1st, 2017
Minimum Experience: Director
Probation Period : 3 months
Benefits + salary : basic salary (range USD 50-70K gross a year) , attractive equity, basic healthcare and flights. No accommodation offered by employer.
Our client is growing company in renewable energy / FMCG / Telecom and they are very active in West Africa. With this growth comes an increasingly amount of complexity to the overall operational management of the company. The Country Director has oversight over sales, customer experience and operations and reports to the PEG Africa Group CEO.
The successful candidate will be therefore be responsible for:
• Coordinate and align departments’ tactical and strategic plans to achieve targets agreed with CEO and Board.
• Restructure organization to ensure it meets evolving scope, new processes, etc…
• Control cost growth through effective budgeting process.
• Perform ad-hoc company analysis and executives summaries for CEO, Board and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate must have:
• Outstanding people skills with the ability to fully delegate and manage by output
• Strong ability to multitask and prioritize, plan and execute
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Business experience across a variety of operational departments
• Experience in fast-growing start-up in Africa a plus
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position: Chief Technology Officer / West Africa
Country/Regional Name: Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria, based in Ghana
Reporting to: Regional Director, West Africa
Grade: Business Head (Grade 1)
Our client, a leading global commodity merchant and sustainable supply chain management company, is seeking a a Chief Technical Officer to lead on all technology development and integration for its fast growing business in West Africa (Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria) and wil be based in Ghana. By leveraging technology, the CTO will help to standardize and streamline the service delivery, which includes an expanding range of products and services, to their network of over 250,000 smallholder farmers across West Africa.
In order for a ‘commercial expansion’ to be successful, the client must bring standardisation to their product offerings, the people and training on these products and knowledge management. The CTO will be required to solve a number of business problems:
1. Data Mining: How do we seamlessly integrate data collected from multiple input sources and systems into the same platform. How do we draw value from and use technology to make decisions on large quantities of data available from different sources?
2. Spatial economics problem: We are far from our consumers, connectivity to IT and telecoms is basic and technology is rudimentary.
3. How do we move from a largely bricks and mortar to a tech-enabled, Bricks and Click business? How do we move from legacy systems based on centralised computing to mobile money enabled point of sale systems which can operate in rural areas.
4. How do we move into new age technology to provide us with regular and reliable real time information on inventory, sales (including point of sale, credit and mobile money systems), people movements etc?
5. How do we integrate our various systems to provide a single user interface which is robust enough to work in rural areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Integration of various systems (IT & business processes) to deliver a common usable interface
Support, through technology, the decision making process and visibility of the process both at field level and at headquarters
Scout for new emerging rural/low tech systems that allow mobile money, POS, credit decision making at field level
Evaluate existing systems in house and manage an offshore tech team to achieve business goals
Negotiate to get value from service providers and outsourcing agencies
Ability to support lifetime value creation of the systems being adopted and clearly demonstrates value versus costs of the IT systems
Create a design process with a shortened life cycle to provide IT solution to problem in business
Evaluate business strategy and long term requirements to ensure that systems does not become obsolete
Support SAP implementation when West Africa SAP process begins
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors in technology plus Masters in Management
Minimum 10 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena
Systems integration experience, ideally as a Chief Technical Officer
Tech background (ideally from startup environment) combined with business knowledge
Experience managing offshore service providers
Strong business development and negotiation skills
Appreciation of the rural tech environment
Interested in Africa and staying in Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Technology Officer in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position: Regional Agronomist West Africa
Country/Regional Name: Ivory Coast and Ghana, based in Ivory Coast.
Reporting to: Regional Director, West Africa Chemical and Commodities
Our client, in sustainable supply chain, is seeking a techno-commercial agronomist with a strategic approach and entrepreneurial mindset to build up the agronomy department across West Africa. This role will correspond with the various business heads such as Crop Doctor.
The Regional Agronomist will be an individual with practical agronomy experience of either agronomically manage plantations for tree crops or have dealt with small holder farmers on the agronomy side. He/ She will have to demonstrate techno-commercial knowledge to be able not just improve agronomic interventions in our business but also provide commercial support to such interventions.
The Regional Agronomist role is a cross- business and functional role and is responsible for a wide variety of interventions:
- Support and develop technical content to be used in products and services distribution to farmers;
- Technical lead for Farm management services business that is being developed in West Africa region;
- Create and manage demo plot to demonstrate impact of Crop Doctor Products from the Ecom stable. Also create and manage demo plots for other businesses;
- Create a top quality agronomy team that provides best in class support to Ecom businesses in WAF and ensure it alignment with the company’s business strategy;
- Partner with SMS Advisory Services, SMS Farm management Services and Crop Doctor business
- Introducing current innovations in Agriculture worldwide into our businesses in WAF;
- Effectively report on new experiments and findings to build a consistent knowledge base across the WAF region;
- Build and own relationships with external agronomy research institutions;
- Build and develop relations with large plantation owners and with other Ecom group businesses to create a shared knowledge bank.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Post graduate in agriculture or Agronomy
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in practical Techno- Commercial Agronomy.
Knowledge of the rural sector, farming communities, agribusiness products, plantation management
Excellent technical agronomic skills
Ability to interpret strategy into implementation
Good commercial knowledge
Excellent communication and listening skills; good interpersonal relationship skills
Excellent research and analytical skills
Innovation and strategic thinking ability
Excellent technical agronomy skills
Ability to work independently and within team
Ability to travel extensively within West Africa
Fluency in English and bi-lingual capability in French
Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
Ability to live in rural environments
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Agronomist in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is looking for expats to fill the position as Financial Controllers in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinee.
They are looking for a strong financial candidate with an accounting / controlling background that is ready for a second or third step in his or her career.
• Responsible for the day to day accounting
• Maintains a financial structure for its own country
• Controls all financial planning and reporting
• Takes care of up-to-date financial information
• Reports to and works closely together with CFO in Europe
• Manages a small local team at the office
• Handles miscellaneous matters as required
• Great potential, great team, fantastic experience and career move, a lot of independency required
The candidate must be:
Creative, practical, flexible, adventurous, able to work with little or no supervision, a self-starter, entrepreneurial
• Bachelor with a professional financial qualification (i.e. ACCA, etc.) or master in finance or economic field is a must
• At least 3 years’ experience in finance, preferably in logistics, mining, oil and gas
• Excellent financial reporting skills
• Good organizer and communicator
• Fluent in English
• Previous experience in a developing country is an advantage
What they offer:
• Great team and career opportunity
• Accommodation, flights, transport, international insurance
• Competitive salary
Start date asap, note this is a single status position
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a start-up and distributor of off-grid solar products for the Mozambican market, we are recruiting an Managing Director. The company exists since 2008 and it offers solar services for off-grid customers in peri-urban and rural areas of the country, such as pay-as-you-go plans, encouraging their customers to utilise mobile money.
In Mozambique, where 28 million people live, only 25% have access to the grid. This means 75% of its resident are off the grid. The company has established a head office in, near Maputo since one year and are growing rapidly. By opening new sales outlets throughout the country and expand their services to people living off-grid, the company is building local capacity and therefore they are employing hundreds of people in the coming years.
The Managing Director will work closely with the CEO and is end-responsible for the performance of the company in Mozambique.
• Build a world class team that leads, helps, supports and coaches the 70 employees to
achieve the companies’ goals towards a new, fast-growing and professional organisation
• Identify new locations to open sales outlets in the country and establish these to full operation (marketing & brand management)
• Hire, recruit and train new staff members responsible for ensuring sales support on the ground
• Identify system and process improvement opportunities which will directly influence sales results
• Focus on key deliverables and KPI’s to measure and motivate employees in achieving good sales and productivity. Driving Individual Performance and Change of the organisation into a highly professional environment
• Responsible for final decisions for purchasing/selling items and manage budget, P&L and balance sheet.
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Networking, public relations and being the local face of the organisation
• Bachelor/ Master in relevant fields (Business Administration, Business Law, Marketing, Sales, Economics, Finance, Accounting)
• 6-8 years of working experience, with at least 2 years of leading a people based operation, preferably in a FMCG related environment or consumer services with high volumes such as Telecom, IT, Internet
• Sales driven and experienced in maintaining and improving processes and to make them more efficient
• Fluent in English and Portuguese language
• Excellent problem-solving skills along with good communication skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• Good judgement and decision-making skills
• Highly motivated and hardworking
USD 5.000 gross a month + housing allowance USD 1.000 – 1.500 + car + international health insurance + 1x return ticket a year + phone + laptop + bonus.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Do you have solid international experience, and would you like the full expat package?
This is a great way to build your international career within operations management. You get to develop and explore your personal and professional abilities as you manage a team of people from different countries in a growing international company where new career opportunities arise continuously. Doing so, you collaborate closely with our senior management, while you have numerous employees to support you on the daily operation.
Drive our daily operations and local relations
As agency manager, you manage a young team of manual workers with little or no formal education located at the local ports as well as maintain relations with our customers. Doing so, you truly get to apply your leadership skills as you motivate and explain the daily tasks to your team. Your responsibilities include:
• Providing operational feedback and reporting to clients while ensuring that all deadlines are met.
• Developing solutions for existing and new clients in collaboration with the rest of the Group, contractors, counterparts and chartering desk.
• Briefing your team daily on tasks and challenges as you prioritise tasks while guiding and motivating the team.
• Interaction with authorities and clients on management level when required.
You get direct access to our senior management as you discuss the daily tasks with our CEO, CFO and regional manager. To assist you in your day-to-day work, your team coordinates the activities with our collaborators, approves documents and updates customers.
Solid operation and management experience
• You have solid experience as an operations or agency manager.
• You have 5+ years of experience working in West- and/or Central Africa.
• You have demonstrated an ability to lead and manage staff.
• You are fluent in English / French.
• It is an advantage if you have experience within mining and project cargo.
Personally, you thrive when engaging with people of different cultures. Also, you are creative allowing you to come up with new solutions that make us stand out from our competitors. Most importantly, you know how to be a good team player and manager/leader for your team because interpersonal relations are your forte.
Are you interested in becoming a Maritime Agency Manager in Sierra Leone? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.