Florensis is supplier of high-quality young plant material in the European horticultural business for the professional grower. The head office is based in the Netherlands (Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht). Florensis operates internationally and has several sales- and production locations in Africa and Europe. At one of our locations in Ethiopia we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic:
Manager Planning & Logistics:
Driven, pro-active and commercial
(fulltime, located in Ethiopia)
The manager Planning & Logistics is responsible for all planning and logistic activities at Florensis Ethiopia plc and makes sure operations with regard to these areas run efficiently and effectively. You are responsible for planning, logistics and cold chain. You make sure that Florensis Ethiopia delivers high quality cuttings to its clients in time in the right quantities. In case of deviations, you take care of effective communication with the Supply Cuttings Department in The Netherlands. You will report directly to the general manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure availability of high quality rooted and unrooted cuttings and adequately register the availability in the logistical system (in which you are key-user);
• Ensure Florensis Netherlands is up to date on real time availability of unrooted and rooted cuttings;
• You make sure that operational departments are running adequate and efficiently;
• Ensure adequate logistics for delivering cuttings to different customers;
• Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock;
• Responsible for arranging and optimizing shipments to our customers;
• Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques with regard to planning, logistics and cold chain and propose improvements for the harvesting and delivery of cuttings;
• Liaise with the general manager and production manager Agronomy on cultivation, propagation, planning, logistics, hygiene and quality issues.
Florensis offers you a broad, independent and responsible job within a dynamic international organisation. Besides, we offer you a competitive salary with secondary benefits and future prospects.
• A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agronomics from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience;
• Some years of relevant work experience;
• Experience with working in a non-western country is a pré;
• You are able to motivate and coach staff and create a positive atmosphere;
• You are accurate and having excellent analytical skills;
• You are customer minded;
• You are able to indicate clear common goals and are able to direct others to reach these;
• You have great communication skills and an excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written (knowledge of the Dutch language is a pre);
• You have a positive, strong, fair and credible;
• Able to live and work in Ethiopia.
For more information, please visit our website www.florensis.com. For additional information, please contact Leon Duijnisveld (Director Supply Chain and Foreign Production), T: +31(0)78-6233200.
If you are up for this challenge and can identify yourself with the profile mentioned above, we would like to receive your motivation letter and curriculum vitae. You can send your application by post to: Florensis B.V., Attn. Dept. HRM, P.O. box 32, 3330 AA Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands. Or, preferably, u can apply via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for application is Friday 17 February 2017.
An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.
Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: email@example.com.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
Foundation Rural Energy Services (FRES) advances electrification in rural areas in Africa by establishing small-scale, commercially operating utilities. They provide households and small businesses with electricity, preferably generated by solar energy, to meet the demand for proper lighting, radio and TV, charging cell phones, and a broad range of commercial activities. In this way they contribute to the social and economic development and social cohesion of rural areas.
FRES is a non-profit, small multinational, founded in 2004, and consists of companies in Mali, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Uganda and Guinea-Bissau and a head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
FRES-Netherlands is, within the boundaries set by the FRES Board, responsible to guide the FRES Companies and:
• Develop, agree objectives and strategy for each FRES Company;
• Develop, agree annual plans and budgets for each FRES Company;
• Set boundary conditions, policies and guidelines;
• Appoint Management Team staff of each FRES Company, appraise their performance;
• Monitor and appraise the performance and strategy of their business;
• Arrange for specific authorizations for investments, divestments, major activities;
• Arrange for mandatory services such as central procurement (unless otherwise agreed);
• Promote adherence to the FRES fee-for-service business model;
• Develop new business to generate new FRES customers;
• Have an internal control framework in place to manage risks and opportunities; and to demonstrate compliance;
• Report to the FRES Board on status, progress.
FRES-Netherlands has a team of 6 staff members to perform the activities who report to the General Director. FRES Netherlands is currently looking to fill one of the two positions of Manager of Operations within the team. FRES Group Companies have a turnover of approx. € 10 million per annum in existing business and new developments (50/50) with a total of 230 direct staff.
A Manager of Operations is responsible for the effective operation of the FRES companies. It is a senior role which involves overseeing the operational activities and business results of FRES companies. An important objective for the Manager of Operations is to achieve operational excellence of FRES companies that meets expectations of its clients, its stakeholders and its shareholders. As a member of the FRES-NL team he/she ensures that the FRES objectives for the FRES companies are realized. As a member of the board of the local FRES Companies he/she assists in ensuring that the FRES companies meet their objectives.
The Manager of Operations works intensively with the other FRES-NL team members, to ensure consistent reporting to the General Director and the Board of FRES.
• Develop FRESco/country strategies in line with FRES strategies;
• Ensure FRESco strategies are aligned with, and that the FRESco’s interest is represented in, the overall FRES Business strategies and plan;
• Govern (control and guide) FRESco’s;
• Monitor performance of FRESco’s against agreed targets and objectives;
• Appraise FRESco business performance, strategies and business control framework;
• Benchmark business processes and performance metrics between the FRES companies;
• He/she is member of the Board of Directors of the FRES company;
• Willingness to travel 5-10 times per year to rural areas in Africa for a short stay or in specific cases a stay for several weeks or months.
All these responsibilities are executed under the supervision of the General Director.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to take the initiative, and to work independently;
• Proven skills and experience with respect to Business Administration with an operations management specialization and experience in the daily running of SME’s in developing countries;
• Strong analytical and presentation skills;
• Strong skills and experience with writing reports;
• Good team player and understanding the information needs of other team members, assisting them to identify and present business/operational issues arising that need to be addressed, improved;
• Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to manage time efficiently;
• Have leadership and supervisory skills;
• Have good critical and judgement skills;
• Excellent spoken English and French and excellent written English or French;
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Commitment to existing Organization policies.
FRES offers a salary according standards of the NGO sector.
Please send a motivational letter and your resume before November 18th 2016.
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
The Junior Procurement Officer (“Officer”) will be developing himself, and will be assisted in such a development, to a member of the procurement and trade team and will be able to independently contribute on a medium term through:
• Management of procurement operations
• Trading physical cocoa, cocoa futures and options and foreign exchange
• Preparing and conducting market research for trading, management and marketing purposes
The Officer plays an important role in the set-up and growth of the company’s cocoa business in the origins: he connects the company to two of its major stakeholders, the suppliers and our partners in selected origins in West-Africa and Latin America. The Officer’s primary responsibility is to assist the Head of Procurement in the implementation of our sourcing strategy. The Officer might be based in an origin for longer periods for this purpose.
Next to that, we expect the Officer to develop its knowledge and capabilities in trading physical cocoa, cocoa futures and options and foreign exchange in such a way that the Officer can form an integral part of the trade team in the medium term.
Reporting: Reports to Head of Procurement
3. Contract execution
5. Operational Control
7. External contacts
• Ensure the correct implementation of the partnership agreements with partners in selected origins, including all parts of the modus operandi and the stock management.
• Promote and secure business with existing and prospective suppliers and, if applicable, local cocoa export authorities in the assigned country/territory, through a relationship-based approach. Assist the partners in developing its commercial basis in the selected origins.
• Analyse the potential of the selected origins and determine the value of existing and prospective business to the company
• Assist partners in origin and suppliers with shipment planning and execution
• Oversee correctness, timeliness and completeness of shipments
• Solid communication with and provide support for back-office and logistics team
3. Contract execution:
• Assist partners, maintain regular contact with suppliers and, if applicable, local cocoa export authorities to warrant smooth contract execution and timely shipments
• Attend stuffing and/or loading operations at the request of the company
• Expedite the resolution of problems and complaints
• Support CR Officer with implementation of sustainability projects/strategy in Cameroon and in connection with clients
5. Operational Control:
Further develop and implement operational control procedures in origins, including but not limited to:
• Quality control procedures at different stages of the sourcing of cocoa, including setting up own labs or upgrade labs from partners
• i Stock and weight control procedures in (future) own managed and/or at our partners sourcing, cleaning and export operations
• Further develop and implement allocation of purchases to sales and planning of shipments.
• Ensure that the quality and packing of the cocoa meets the standards of the destination country
Supply the company with regular oral and written reports on matters such as, but not limited to:
• Cocoa crop forecast
• Weather conditions and forecast
• Total volume sold and shipped
• Competitive volumes
• Competitive shipments
• Competitive up-country activities
• Rules and regulations of local cocoa bodies and authorities and changes therein
• Premiums granted to farmers for traceability/certification
• Keep abreast of market conditions and competitive activities
7. External contacts:
• Establish and elevate the brand profile in the local area and with local cocoa (export) bodies
• Network and establish relationships with local cocoa (export) bodies/organizations
8. Management and team support:
• Support the management and team in daily execution of sales and purchase contracts
• Support the management in execution of sourcing and trading strategies and risk management
• Work closely with trading and other origin teams to ensure market share growth in the cocoa market
Education, knowledge and experience:
• Level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (Mathematics, Econometrics, Economics, Finance, Agriculture, Business Administration).
• Practical experience in a tropical commodity origin, preferably cocoa could be an advantage
• Basic knowledge on cocoa or other softs/agricultural markets
• Good understanding of risk management in relation to physical softs/agricultural commodities trading
• Effective communicator and negotiator
• Fluent in English and French, and preferably Spanish, both verbal and written
• Team player with strong commercial acumen
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills with attention to detail
• Continuous drive to understand and beat the market
• Well organised, accurate
• Keen sense of priorities to meet short deadlines
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, especially Excel
• Entrepreneurial, dynamic and looking for opportunities
• Proven interest in, and solid understanding of, global commodities markets
• Focus, commitment and determination
• Able to cope with stress
Work Status: Full time
Location: Douala, and potential (temporary) relocation to another origin country in West-Africa or Latin America. Requires extensive traveling.
• Salary range € 35.000 - € 42.000 per year gross, nett depends on your location
• International insurance
• Tickets 2x per year
• Family is welcome
BiD Network Foundation is a Not-for-profit founded in 2007 with offices in Kampala and Amsterdam. Our mission is to increase access to finance for emerging market entrepreneurs by preparing them and connecting them to financiers. Since 2015 we have a new management team that aims to transition the foundation into a social enterprise, with the objective to become sustainable, and more effective in the results and impact we create.
Our clients are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with revenues of at least USD 100,000, a strong entrepreneurial team, proof of market, a scalable business model and create social impact. Many SMEs in Uganda have growth potential, but lack the right skills and access to finance to grow their business to their fullest potential. That’s where BiD Network steps in. We provide Business Growth Support and Investor Matchmaking services; Business Growth Support is provided after a thorough assessment of the business, and technical support is provided together with our network of highly qualified experts and partners. Matchmaking services focus on the preparation of documents necessary for investment, including financial modeling, investment plan and investor deck preparation. BiD Network works with a network of 200+ active private as well as institutional investors. This network has been built up over the last 10 years. We have provided access to finance for 235 SMEs for over USD 32 million.
About your job
To grow our activities in Uganda and the region, we are looking for an experienced Country Director for our local office who will be responsible for leading the Uganda team. We are looking for an individual with international experience in the field of Investment and Corporate finance. The role’s key purpose is to create sustainable impact through serving entrepreneurs in the SME sector with risk capital and business support, helping them to realise their full business potential and achieve long- term success. The Country Director will also be expected to lead the team in sourcing quality pipeline, preparing quality investment memorandums for our investor network, conducting high quality business assessments, and providing excellent business growth support to the SMEs. The Country Director will work closely with the Investment Director based in the Netherlands in maintaining and growing our International Investor network.
The Country Director will also represent BiD Network at events (both local and in the region) and promote BiD Network services to larger clients such as NGOs, Development Organizations and Corporates that want to make use of BiD Network services.
The ambition of BiD Network is to scale up regionally in the near future which will provide opportunities for growth for the right candidate. We are looking for a candidate that has the right skills set and ambition to grow towards Regional Director in the future.
The Country Director Uganda reports to the Investment Director in the Netherlands.
Your responsibilities include:
• Managing the Ugandan Country Office including attending to statutory and legal requirements, overseeing financial reporting and audit process of the local entity
• Leading and training the Uganda office staff to improve the quality of our business assessments, selection process, investment preparation, and monitoring of investments
• Ensure quality of business assessment, investment preparation, business growth support and matchmaking services
• Development of investor services
• Developing and maintaining relations with strategic partners and investors
• Relationship and account management of larger clients of BiD Network.
• BiD Network representation in Uganda and potentially in the region
• Part of management team (MT) of BiD Network
• Contribute to the strategic direction of BiD Network (up-scaling, fundraising, business development)
• Potentially set up of new country offices in the region in coordination with Netherlands
We look for you, if you possess the following experience, skills and knowledge:
• University degree in Economics, Business Administration, or Finance.
• Advanced degree is an advantage. An MBA is preferred, as well as CFA or ACCA.
• Excellent financial and analytical skills.
• Experience in investment banking
• Excellent deal origination skills and a well-developed network with the local SME business and finance community.
• A minimum of 3 years of Investment management experience. Preferably in Private Equity.
• Experience managing a team
• Experience of working in Africa. Preferably with understanding of the Ugandan/East African financial, regulatory and operational environment;
• Proven experience with business consultancy and training/coaching.
• Experience working with SMEs
• Fluent in English (verbally and written);
• Living (or willing to live) in Kampala or surroundings. We have a preference for people based in East Africa.
In addition, we look for you if you have the following attitude:
• A natural ability to network, connect and enthusiast others;
• Entrepreneurial and energetic;
• Decision making power
• Result-oriented and tenacious in achieving targets;
• Able to work independently and also an active team player, able to lead a team and be a part of it;
• Stress-resistant and resilient
You will be based in Kampala and we expect you to be flexible in travelling (20-30% of your time).
BiD Network offers:
• A highly dynamic working environment in a young, international and ambitious team in Amsterdam and Kampala.
• Competitive salary based on qualification and experience
• Performance bonus
• Single package (no schooling, no relocation costs)
Please apply for this job before May 28th, 2017.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.