Our client builds and invests in tech businesses targeting South African and African consumers, with a growing portfolio of high-growth online companies.
They focus on:
• rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution
• strong operational focus
• implementing global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
• Teams cover all aspects of business, including operations, marketing, finance, data and software.
The quality of our talent and teams is the most important driver of our long-term success.
A vacancy exists for an experienced Procurement Manager to manage the company’s supply of products and services and act as a central procurement resource within the group.
This role will be a 6-month fixed term contract position.
The Procurement Manager’s responsibilities include:
• working with portfolio companies in order to strategise and find cost-effective deals with suppliers thereby cutting procurement expenses and reducing spend.
This role will be Cape Town based and offers the incumbent the opportunity to join a vibrant Silicon Valley style business, working with a young, non-hierarchical and fast-moving team.
About the Role
This role will focus on the following:
• Development and management of procurement strategies
• Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate procurement partnerships.
• Manage the supplier relationship and negotiate advantageous terms with external vendors.
• Analyse market price and products for competitiveness.
• Evaluate existing contracts and agreements with suppliers.
• Control spend and assist to build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
Key qualifications and skills:
• Relevant commercial tertiary degree e.g. Supply chain management, Logistics, Business administration.
• 10+ years’ experience in procurement/commercial role e.g. Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer, Head of Procurement.
• FMCG or Retail industry background
• Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in ‘reading’ the market.
• Profound skills in negotiation tactics and networking
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience in managing a team
• Computer literacy in MS office with advanced excel skills.
• Strong numerical skills.
• Experience in collecting and analyzing data
• Experience in dealing with complexity and managing a high volume of suppliers
• Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile and is likely to include a base salary with incentives for reducing spend.
Are you interested in becoming a Group Procurement Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
An exciting e -commerce business is looking to recruit an MD with a focus in Sales into the team. The incumbent would be a member of the core management team and participate in driving the Sales strategy for the business. You need to be able to think strategically as well as operationally and have strong people management skills.
As the MD of Sales your responsibilities would include:
• Compiling and analysing sales figures
• Build and Lead a sales team.
• Ensure exceptional customer service is provided to clients
• Oversee sales controls and reporting.
• Ensure that the sales platform is fully utilised.
• Monitoring your team's performance and motivating them to reach targets
• Support marketing and product development teams with regards to insights.
• Build and drive company culture.
• Relevant business related tertiary degree.
• 5 -7 years years experience in a similar role for small to medium size businesses in FMCG, Retail, Ecommerce, Pharmaceutical, Banking.
• Commercial and financial understanding
• Results driven with high energy levels and commitment
• Negotiation skills
• Both an operational and a strategic thinker.
• A strong team player.
• An outgoing personality, confident, outspoken and gregarious.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Computer literate, Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
• The opportunity to join a talented team.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Sales in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, based in Sri-Lanka, owns a large, modern feed mill in the country. It can produce up to 20.000 mt per month, A brand new innovative set up, and with state of the art equipment: We are looking to fill the position of:
The mill manager:
• Will oversee the DAY TO DAY running of the entire milling operation from the technical side, feed quality, management of the mill, admin, and ensure good financial results.
• This position calls for extensive experience, someone who is on the ball, on the job and assertive.
• He / she manages 65-70 people, thus strong LEADERSHIP skills are essential
• The mill is almost fully automated, and the job is technical.
• The candidate is also responsible stock control, quality.
• Proficiency in the field is necessary and hands-on work dynamic with industry experience with a track record.
• Manage at all levels and get stuck in where necessary to assist with cleaning/mechanical/technical duties.
• The candidate should be familiar with European brand machinery in large automated mills.
• an eye for detail, cleanliness and overall accountability is required.
• A self-motivated and energetic individual
• Relevant academia proficiencies
• 6-day week, Sundays off
• # days a year holiday to be discussed
• Salary is to be determined based on candidate and proficiencies
• Accommodation + car
• Phone, tickets,
• Medical considered
Single status / couples are encouraged to apply.
Notre client, groupe européen, est l’un des leaders mondiaux de la nutrition animale et est pourvu d’un large portefeuille de produits et services à forte notoriété mondiale. Pour accompagner la forte croissance de sa filiale africaine active en volailles, poissons et ruminants, nous recrutons, dans le cadre d’une création de poste :
Une/un Area Manager Afrique francophone (H/F) en CDI
Au sein d’une équipe composée de plusieurs Area Managers, vous êtes responsable de la vente des produits de la société via des distributeurs (majoritairement) et en B to B sur votre zone.
Vous participez à l’élaboration de la politique commerciale et la mettez en application en développant votre portefeuille par l’intermédiaire d’une prospection efficace. Vous êtes l’interface entre vos clients et les différents services de l’entreprise (Technique, marketing…).
A l’affut des opportunités et force de proposition, vous cultivez une réelle proximité avec vos clients.
Idéalement, de formation supérieure (idéalement vétérinaire), vous disposez d’une expérience probante dans le secteur de la nutrition animale, et vous maitrisez les techniques de négociation et de développement de comptes à l’export.
Ce poste est une belle opportunité pour un entreprenant faisant preuve d'un sens relationnel aigu. Votre rigueur et votre sens de l'organisation faciliteront votre réussite. L’empathie, la capacité à convaincre, la créativité, le gout du challenge et du résultat sont des capacités qui vous sont acquises. Votre esprit d'analyse et vos capacités d'anticipation seront des atouts essentiels pour réussir dans ce poste.
Ce poste, basé en home office, exige des déplacements fréquents et une bonne maîtrise de l’Anglais.
Location: Nyamata, Rwanda, with significant time in rural villages across Rwanda and other countries in the region
Compensation: Starts modest with significant performance-based raises
Timeframe: 2-5 years
Our client is a social enterprise that helps people live a healthier life.
About the Role
The person that will be hired for this role will have a unique and urgent opportunity to sell a life-saving and life-changing product to as many people as possible. Our client is in a great place; they have developed an excellent product that their customers cherish and that has many benefits. They have scaled rapidly to reach over 1,800 customers in Rwanda within three years. Now, they are ready for a Director of Sales and Marketing with vision to pilot and implement innovative strategies and business models to fundamentally disrupt the home improvement market for the rural poor.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will lead the company in swift expansion to new regions and countries as well as to even lower socio-economic segments of the population. The job will include piloting, iterating, and implementing strategies to improve all aspects of customer relationship management: marketing, sales, branding, payment plans, promotions, pricing, and after-service support.
It will also include developing and testing scaling models. (Organic growth? Franchising? Partnerships? Licensing our oil? The options are endless!) The Director of Sales and Marketing will support sales and marketing teams across Rwanda and Uganda to start, and several more countries as we grow. Our client needs someone who is wildly creative and intellectually curious, excited to take big risks that yield high returns, looks forward to days in the field getting their hands dirty and talking to rural customers, and who runs towards the most challenging of problems, never giving up.
Key responsibilities include:
Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Create systems for procuring and analyzing data about current and potential customers
• Analyzing current sales and marketing strategies to determine their effectiveness and feasibility for duplication
• Developing, piloting, and iterating new sales and marketing strategies (e.g. marketing events, advertising campaigns, financing models)
• Determining sales and marketing strategies in new markets
• Support brand development in new markets and ongoing branding efforts in all markets
• Develop new partnerships and work with existing partners to gather market research and data
• Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs, motivations, and willingness to pay
• Share learnings with the senior management and the rest of the team to inform overall organizational strategy
• Support CEO in determining the optimal business model to scale
Execution and Team Support
• Work closely with operations team to align supply and demand in each country
• Develop the structure of the Sales and Marketing Department in each new country as the company establishes the business there, and support the Country Directors in hiring for these roles as we expand
• Support the sales teams of each country where the company operates, including onboarding new sales hires, setting targets, determining strategy, and hiring effective teams
• Improve sales representative recruiting strategy and training by learning across countries
• Educational level of B.A. in business, management, marketing, economics or a related field required; MBA preferred
• 5+ years of marketing and sales experience; experience with fast-growing start-ups is a plus, 2 yrs in management
• Commitment to East Africa and specifically working in rural environments for 2+ years
• Experience living and working in a developing country (preferably Rwanda / East Africa)
• Creative and artistic with an eye for strong visual design and video design
• Experience managing and analyzing budgets; modeling cost-effectiveness of marketing strategies
• Resourcefulness and critical thinking skills to quickly determine why something isn’t working and iterate quickly to try to solve it; creative problem solving
• Exceptional people skills and managerial skills; avid team player; coaching and mentoring approach
• Ability to work on a variety of tasks at the same time
• Maturity and poise under stress
• Excellent attention to detail, commitment to excellence, and outstanding work ethic
• Positive attitude, sense of humor, entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity to learn new things, patient with others
• Passionate about international development and social enterprise
• Strong technology skills (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Dropbox)
• Fluency in English required; proficiency in another language common to East Africa preferred (Swahili, French, Kinyarwanda, Luganda, etc.)
Are you interested in becoming a Global Director Sales and Marketing in Rwanda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our clients passion is to see people thriving in rural Mozambique and their calling is to do this through profitable business in the agricultural sector.
They have started looking for a CFO to be part of their dynamic executive team to take their client to the next level.
Chief financial Officer
Basic Function: The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are:
1. Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
1.1. Participation in daily / weekly / monthly scheduled meetings by Management
1.2. Decision making impacting finances
2. Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
2.1. Manage completion and monitoring of the budgets that align to these plans
2.2. Regular meetings of management – financial impact monitoring
3. Fiscal compliance monitoring
4. Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction – KPI’s
5. Regular – weekly Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment and manage accordingly within these parameters
6. Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
1. Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
2. Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
3. Manage the accounting, tax, and treasury functions within the company.
4. Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced (Eg. IT)
5. Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
6. Implement operational/financial best practices
1. Oversee the issuance of financial information (management accounts)
2. Oversee the annual audit and issue the annual financial statements and any other financial statutory requirements.
1. Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
2. Construct and monitor reliable control systems
3. Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
4. Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
5. Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
6. Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
7. Determine appropriate risk mitigating instruments to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
1. Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
2. Arrange for or be involved in debt and equity financing
1. Maintain relationships with bankers and key suppliers
2. Represent the company with bankers and investors
IDEAL PROFILE SOUGHT
- Suitable Financial Degrees (Bachelors & Honors)
- Chartered Accountant would be preferable but Financial Articles a minimum.
- At least 7 years in a commercial environment
- Poultry industry or other relevant food processing/manufacturing would be preferable.
- Impeccable track record with strong business and operational acumen.
- Christ centered life and thinking an imperative
- Portuguese speaking would be preferable but if not, willingness to learn the language is important.
- Compensation will be paid in Mozambican Meticals. Initial level will be equal to $5000 net a month and will thereafter be fixed at the appropriate MT level. The company does not take responsibility for exchange rate changes. Assuming the rate remains at the current MT60/$1 – this equals to MT300000 and is a gross amount of cost to company of approximately MT430000 a month or MT5,1mn annually excluding any bonuses. The latter will be paid at discretion of the directors when budgeted targets are met.
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Mozambique? Apply now through the 'Apply Now' button.
Our client is a multinational provider of housing equipment for the agricultural market. They are looking for employees who show initiative, creativity, motivation and interest in a demanding and versatile job.
As sales manager, you report directly to the responsible Head of Business Unit. The company is looking for a motivated salesperson from the agricultural industry or similar areas. You will make their customers familiar with their housing equipment for keeping laying hens and heavier poultry. As their systems for livestock production require detailed explanation, you should be interested in technical processes and procedures.
You will be the first contact person for the clients’ customers and responsible for the development and expansion of the market. Central tasks include supporting of sales agents as well as planning, carrying out and accompanying negotiations with key accounts independently all the way to the conclusion of the contract. You will analyse the market and be responsible for developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies in the region.
We are looking for a dynamic businessperson who is self-confident and communicates well. Moreover, you should have some experience in sales, as well as business-level Farsi skills (written and spoken). Solid English or German skills are obligatory. You should furthermore be willing to travel.
Further important prerequisites for this challenging job are individual initiative and self-organising skills. If you are good at organising, if you can work independently and are very structured, motivated and flexible, this responsible position might be the ideal opportunity for you.
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager in Iran? Apply now through the 'apply now' button.
* Basic salary + performance based bonus
* Secondary benefits negotiable
* This could be a family position
* Start date ASAP, but flexible for the right person