Insurance & Claims Specialist in Ghana , Ghana
Department : Admin
Job Title : Insurance & Claims Specialist
Reports to : Head of Legal and Compliance
• The Insurance Claims Specialist performs a variety of activities related to all claims filed in favour and or against the company goal to maximize the recovery of losses through the timely and accurate filing of insurance claims.
• Under the direction of Head of Legal and Compliance, the Claims Specialist will also support the preparation of Legal documents, agreements and the paperwork’s related to contractual engagement.
• Determine root cause of curtailed items and determine whether supplemental claim, client expense, or loss has been incurred.
• Follow up on claim payment status for unpaid, filed claims and update the system with pending, submitted, withdrawn, and paid claim information.
• Prepare claim payment reconciliation to ensure full payment is received.
• Recommend improvements to established procedures and processes.
• Liaison between shareholder global insurance experts and local brokers.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree or its equivalent in Law or the appropriate field or related disciplines.
• Preferred 5 years functional experience 2 years at management level. Of which, 2 years’ experience in the equivalent combination of Insurance and Legal with at least 1 year experience in Insurance and or Claims.
Are you interested in becoming a Insurance & Claims Specialist in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Chief Human Resource Officer in Ghana , Ghana
Department : Human Resource
Job Title : Chief Human Resource Officer
Reports to : CFO
• To identify and evaluate areas of competitive advantage through the development of Human Resources and Organizational capabilities i.e. establish manpower plans, develop and implement performance management systems.
• Oversee and administer policies, Trade Union Agreements and industry related practices that foster the desired relationships between the employees and the company.
• To ensure the availability at all times, the right calibre and adequate number of people for the efficient operations of the company.
∙ Sets up and manage HR office efficiently
∙ Develop an HR strategy aligned with company’s overall goals.
∙ Implement performance based management, eventually linked to pay.
∙ Bring technological improvements to the general management of the people resources.
∙ Identify staffing and recruiting needs, while executing best practices for hiring, talent and discipline management.
∙ Plan and lead training programs, ensuring proper execution.
∙ Drive engagement and manage employee relations hereunder negotiations with the unions.
∙ Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices and regulatory changes and apply this to changes in policy, practice, and resources.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree in the appropriate field i.e. Human Resource Management, Psychology or related disciplines with 10 years functional experience 6 years of which must be at management level.
• Must have ability to innovate, think conceptually, apply proven problem solving skills and develop appropriate solution strategies.
• Proficient in the use of Micro-soft office suit and Human Resource information management systems.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Human Resource Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Workshop Manager in Ghana , Ghana
Department : Assets Maintenance
Job Title : Workshop Manager
Reports to : Assets Maintenance Manager
• Responsible for ensuring that the requisite Workshop infrastructure, tools, machinery and manpower are well in place for the efficient R&M support of the Terminal Equipment & Facility including controlling the usage of spare parts and consumables.
• Functions include planning, coordinating, and monitoring preventative maintenance activities as well as trouble shooting and repairs of faults so to achieve maximum availability of equipment and a reduction in maintenance costs.
• Maintain clean and safe working environment.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree in electrical/mechanical engineering with relevant Technical Degree or equivalent qualification.
• 10 years previous experience with at least 3 years at managerial level in an international container terminal.
• Sound knowledge of relevant electro/pneumatic/hydraulic engineering systems which include hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical circuits.
• With specific working knowledge of maintenance of Gantry Cranes, electric generators as well as Reachstackers, Empty Handlers, forklifts and other associated terminal equipment.
• Good communication skills with fluency in both written and oral English.
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Plant Controller in South Africa , South Africa
You will be responsible for all the statistical and financial reporting of fixed asset physical inventory, finished product, principal supply inventory, and any other reports required that provide management with more pertinent information regarding the financial results of the plant. You are expected to communicate effectively with the business operations teams to contribute to high morale, motivation and productivity at the plant and maintain accuracy of reported results. The effectiveness of this position is measured by the preparation of financial and statistical reports.
1. Direct, prepare and coordinate the financial forecast and the financial budget for the plant
2. Create tools to measure operating and financial performance of division departments
3. Analyze, monitor and prepare monthly operating results against budget
4. Monitor daily operations and the impact it has on the financial results
5. Make recommendations to management to facilitate improvements at the plant
6. Manage the preparation of financial forecasts, outlooks and financial results
7. Prepare financial analysis for product investment decisions and contract negotiations
8. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local reporting requirements
9. Assist with the establishment of departmental goals, policies, objectives and operating procedures
10. Responsible for reports as required by the business
11. Responsible for capital return on investment decisions and managing capital budget
12. Responsible for physical inventories
13. Responsible for assisting with financial audits
14. Engaging with operations teams
• At least 2 years proven working experience in a similar position
• 5+ years of finance experience
• Advanced degree in Accounting
• CIMA qualified
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
• Experience with SAP
• Great Excel Skills
Are you interested in becoming a Plant Controller in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Internal Control Manager in South Africa , South Africa
The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across all business processes and internal controls.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker. He is organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitor internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
• Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
• Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and audit committee
• Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
• Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
• Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
• Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Newly qualified CA(SA) preferably Big 4 audit firm
• Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
• Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
• Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multigeographic team.
Are you interested in becoming an Internal Control Mananger in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CFO Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
Reports to CEO
Our client is an established international supplier of organic and Fairtrade processed food. They have developed sustainable food chains and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer. The overall responsibilities of the CFO is to manage company’s finances, manage financial planning and management of risks, analysis of data, record-keeping and financial reporting. In this role you are also overseeing the administative and HR department, as well as IT developments.
Task and responsibilities
- Organize, plan and Supervise the accounting and financial management of the structure, including the strict control of Cash Flow and the management of financing by third parties (clients or financial institutions)
- Collaborate in the establishment of accounting and financial statements; National and international reporting
- Managing and prepare budgets and their follow-ups, analyze discrepancies, recommend solutions
- Develop documents (dashboards) and procedures, in order to have cost accounting;
- Ensuring all aspects of HR are well organized, contracts, labor laws, negotiations with staff
- Follow up on data relating to payroll, leave, reimbursement of personnel costs and occupational medicine;
- Develop and optimize the tools and procedures related to the proper functioning of administrative and financial services
- Ensure the fiscal monitoring of transactions, in particular with the various national and international stakeholders (VAT, standardized invoices, withholding taxes, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with BCEAO procedures
- IT architecture watch in collaboration with external service providers.
- Supervise and carry out all the accounting entries;
- Manage arguments with the Chartered Accountant and Statutory Auditor councils,
- Assist project managers and heads of departments in the development of action programs in their budgetary aspects
- Ensure the budgetary monitoring of actions / agreements and the establishment of intermediate / final reports
- Prepare financial data for General Meetings and boards of directors: analyzes and summaries, arguments for provisions and strategic choices
- Degree in Finance & Accounting, Management or equivalent: Bac + 4/5 or equivalent level
- Mastering computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet): software skills (office automation and accounting software SAGE)
- +5 years of experience in an International company, a complex business or industry, commercial sector
- Experience in working in West African context
- entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude
- understanding of technology, IT systems
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good sense of human relations and making a social impact to the lives of people
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Senior Recruiter & Head-Hunter for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the African recruitment space and a passion for recruitment head-hunting and/or executive search? Have you placed candidates across the continent? Do you love pampering your clients and making sure they hire the best professionals in the field? Do you go the extra mile? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Recruiter / head-hunter / executive search specialist with full cycle experience, to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As our new team member, you are responsible for:
• Taking on new assignments, obtained by our sales crew
• Conducting a thorough briefing with the client on the organisation and role(s)
• Advising the client on the options and introduce inventive ways to look at the process
• Managing online outings and timelines together with our content manager
• Taking on the search and selection process, using existing and upcoming ways of finding talent
• Conduction (mostly online) interviews and writing interview reports
• Proposing of shortlists to the client
• Support the hiring and onboarding process with the client
• Close the assignment
• After care on both the candidates and the clients
• Helping designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
• Collaborating with the sales and management team
• Proven work experience as an international Recruiter in Africa (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter), with experience in multiple sectors
• Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems (CMS) and Linkedin recruiter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
Personality we are looking for:
• Independent worker, that loves to be part of a growing team and company
• Thrives on successes, pushing for placements
• Friendly nature, keeping your calm when things move slow
• Has to be flexible, not everything always goes the way we want it to go
• Show initiative, there is lots to be taken on and streamlined
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at successful placement
• Flexibility, you can work from home and / or our office in Johannesburg
• A very challenging and demanding job with a great lifestyle!!
Construction Engineering Manager in Kenya , Kenya
Victory Farms Kenya:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best in class talent from across the globe.
Construction Engineering Manager (located in Homa Bay, 40% travel)
In this role, you will be a key member within the Victory Farms Operations department, and will report directly to our Director of Operations. You will be responsible for identifying, designing solutions, and managing construction crews until the projects are complete.
Your four (4) primary responsibilities will consist of:
• Manage pipeline of requested construction projects across multiple stakeholders
• Identify and design solutions to identified problems
• Manage construction crews and contractors to ensure high quality delivery of projects both on time and on budget
• Report progress on pipeline of construction projects to VF leadership and problem solve as necessary
You will be the primary person responsible for ensuring high quality and on time completion of construction projects across VF. This position requires a strong engineering and project management background and proactively engage and share updates with senior executives across Victory Farms.
Manage pipeline of construction projects
● Gather input and construction requests from stakeholders across the organization
● Develop project plans, timelines, and preliminary budget for requested projects
● Review current projects underway and align on completion timeline with stakeholders
Identify and design solutions
● Leverage engineering background to identify and propose multiple options/solutions to requests (as necessary) and review and align with stakeholders on path forward
● Design proposed solution and budget; iterate with stakeholder feedback (as necessary)
Manage construction crews and contractors
● Manage internal construction crews to complete identified works ensuring quality and design requirements are met
● Hire and manage contractors to complete identified works as necessary, ensuring price and quality requirements
● Manage and assign work to crews as required by projects
● Engage senior management proactively on progress reports across construction pipeline
● Identify and raise road blocks quickly with stakeholders to reduce/eliminate delays
● Prioritize construction projects with stakeholders when team capacity is limited (as necessary)
● 15+ years in construction management or project engineering
● Bachelors in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering is required
● Experience in delivering large scale engineering projects in Kenya is strongly preferred
● Ability to thrive while working collaboratively with colleagues, identifying and solving problems independently in a fast paced environment
● Location: Homa Bay, Kenya
● Status: Full time
● Benefits included
● Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Engineering Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.