Chief Operating Officer in Kenya , Kenya
Job location: Nairobi preferred. Johannesburg, Perugia, London possible.
Chief Operations Officer Job Description
Our client is a fast-growing technology company delivering solutions to agribusinesses in emerging markets.
The COO role requires a dynamic and experienced professional to bring their expertise to the the company's C-Suite. As Chief Operating Officer you will oversee the short-term performance and execution of the commercial strategy of the company, as well as supporting the continuous development of key business units ranging from design to procurement, project management and sales and marketing.
At high level, you will oversee supply chain management, project development and execution, and take full account for budget and commercial performance. You will provide leadership to the operational team, developing and executing on operational controls and management systems, ensure effective internal communications among the global team and network of stakeholders, and work with the C-Suite and Board to develop strategy and ensure operational cost-effectiveness.
This role will offer a competitive remuneration package, management autonomy and opportunities to build and develop a dynamic and growing business in emerging markets.
Key Responsibilities of the Chief Operations Officer:
• Developing, implementing and overseeing the operational budget
• Developing organisational capabilities and improvement of systems and resources for project development and delivery
• Developing, together with staff and C level peers, sales, sourcing and delivery strategies
• Developing operational excellence in the design, management and execution of commercial cold chain projects, including sourcing, incoming and outgoing logistics, sourcing, manufacturing, certification and compliance.
• Developing, together with staff and C level peers, new business lines and service models from concept and testing to productization and scale.
• Developing and ensuring the delivery of after-sales services.
• Ensuring continuous operational performance improvement by managing changes to strategy, structure and resources
• Responsible for supplier selection, acquisition, contracting, and management both for procurement and after sales
• Manages sales, design, procurement, logistics, project management and after sales staff
• Development and oversight of ERP systems, performance monitoring and reporting standards
• Ensuring operational adherence to applicable industry practice and
• Responsible for health and safety within the Company and suppliers’ compliance
• Responsible for product and projects regulatory compliance to standards, norms and practices in the industry
Who You Are
• A strong leader who thrives in a collaborative commercial environment.
• You are analytical and thorough in your approach to problems and opportunities, and instinctively bring structure to complex situations.
• Whatever the task, you constantly strive for excellence.
• You have a proven track record of driving growth and scale in commercial operations in emerging markets.
• You have a degree in business, finance or technology with 10+ years of experience in a senior operations management role, all of which has been gained in the agriculture, cold chain logistics or technology industry.
• You have at least 5 years of experience based in a relevant emerging market, ideally in Africa.
• You have a strong knowledge and understanding of the agri-food industry.
• You are skilled in organisational development, IT systems, personnel management, budget and resource management and strategic planning.
• You have strong business and commercial acumen with track record in dealing with B2B customers and supply chain partners.
• You have strong inter-personal communication skills, public speaking experience and an ability to lead and influence at an executive level.
• Desirable: A Master’s degree in supply chain, finance, business or engineering
• An ability and willingness to travel or relocate as required for the successful execution of the job will be important.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Head of Business Development and Partnerships , Uganda
Our client, a social enterprise, is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Head of Business Development and Partnerships to lead the company’s fastest-growing market segment. As Head of Business Development and Partnerships, you will be responsible for all aspects of global sales, growing their existing partnerships and opportunities in East Africa, and leading the business development strategy across Southern and West Africa.
You will lead a motivated team of regional managers and field-based sales associates across three country offices (Kampala, Nairobi, and Lilongwe), and will be responsible for growing, training and developing this team to deliver on the vision of expanding the reach of their impactful partnerships across Africa. You will report directly to the CEO as a key member of the Senior Management Team, contributing to overall company vision and strategy.
Lead pan-African business development strategy
o Develop, execute and iterate strategy to grow the company's footprint in Southern and Western Africa, ensuring a smooth and successful roll out with commercial partners in new countries
o Overcome obstacles that hinder growth such as logistical import barriers, product standards limitation and working through distributors to achieve maximum potential for growth and impact
Manage large portfolio of existing customers and partners
o Develop, execute and refine strategy to support and grow key partnerships and stakeholders across East Africa (Uganda, Kenya, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, and Tanzania)
o Maintain detailed and active information input on Salesforce platform
Provide leadership to the teams that drive sales and partnership development
o Build upon, support, and provide exceptional leadership to the existing sales and marketing teams, including strategy, targets, compensation and incentive structures
o Support team development by performing regular reviews and trainings, retaining high performing team members, and trouble-shooting low performing sales regions
5 or more years working in a senior management role within a progressive sales organization with strong, quantifiable results.
Experience working on the ground in Africa across commercial and non-governmental sectors in both sales and partnerships
Proven experience and a passion for motivating and leading teams to deliver on ambitious goals within a commercial sales environment
Required, experience managing a multi-cultural team
Advanced knowledge of Salesforce platform
Resilient and resourceful mindset, collaborative nature, entrepreneurial spirit
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
Passion for social development and economic growth in Africa
Willingness to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) and to travel within and outside Africa (min. 50% travel)
Flexibility with shifting priorities and competing demands in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
Commitment to the company's mission and social objectives
The compensation package is commensurate with experience. A 2-year contract upon signing, with opportunity for performance-based extension.
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Business Development and Partnerships in Kenya or Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Electrical Installation Supervisor in South Africa , South Africa
1. POSITION DETAILS
Job Title Electrical Installation Supervisor
2. PURPOSE STATEMENT
To be, as part of the Release site team, responsible for site operations related to electrical works and interconnection, including installation and connection, start up and testing of the plants
Also includes all work from progress to quality, as well as HSE, CSR, security and direct management of day to day Construction activities.
3. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
3.1. Lead the electrical work during plant Delivery Phase
a. Be part of the Site Management team under the leadership of the Installation Manager
b. Ensure that all necessary tools for electrical works are available before the beginning of start of site activities.
c. Support the Installation Manager in recruiting and training of local electrical installation staff
d. Lead the site electrical installation team to execute all installation and connection work
e. Direct unloading and verification of all electrical installation tools, equipment and material and manage the storage of such items.
f. Direct the necessary trench work in coordination with the Installation Manager
g. Direct the installation, cabling and connection activities for all electrical equipment and materials, ensuring compliance with Lease Agreement requirements, quality standards, health and safety requirements and state of the art electrical installation practice.
h. Engage daily with the Lessee Site Electrical representatives in terms of progress, services required from Lessee on the electrical works, risks and quality
i. Decide on the corrective actions of issues with the relevant responsible parties
j. Propose and implement changes in the Plant electrical design as necessary, coordinating with Engineering Team and the Installation Manager as required.
k. Prepare the As-built electrical documentation
l. Perform all electrical verifications and tests (cold commissioning) and support the start-up and commissioning of the Plant
m. Support the Installation Manager in preparation and execution of the Tests on Completion, report the results of the tests, and obtain from Lessee the Completion Certificate
3.2. Perform maintenance activities during Lease Phase
a. Travel to site if required to support Lessee in unplanned maintenance activities
b. Update Maintenance registers
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Certification for power distribution works (LV and MV)
Degree Electrical Engineering
• Clear thinker
• Ability to communicate clearly in a professional and business manner to various parties
• Problem solving
• Technically minded and understand clearly what is required to execute the works
• Able to lead a team in an isolated environment with planning, delegation and coordination of tasks
• Identify complex problems, review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Motivate, develop and direct people as they work and identifying the best people for the job
10+ years working experience in an electrical installation environment – supervisory role
Management of all electrical construction aspects
Staff management, time management, cost management, quality management and HSSE expertise
Electrical design experience
Leadership in medium voltage network construction projects or diesel generators electrical installation projects
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Position requires extensive travel and periodic stay (up to 2 months) in developing countries
• Must be able to work in challenging environments
• Must be able to work extended hours
Are you interested in becoming an Electrical Installation Supervisor in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Project Technical Manager in South Africa , South Africa
1. POSITION DETAILS
Job Title: Project Technical Manager
2. PURPOSE STATEMENT
To plan, manage, coordinate and execute tasks and processes towards ensuring release plants are evaluated, sized, designed and costed adequately, and delivered and tested in a technically compliant manner.
3. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
3.1. Operating System
a. Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the Release operating system
b. Establishment of standard processes and procedures, as well as marketing material for Release
c. Provide continuous input towards improvement and optimisation of the Release operating system
3.2. Support to Procurement Process
a. Participate to the definition and upgrade of standard design and technical solutions for Release
b. Support the Procurement team in technical evaluation of suppliers
c. Drive the simplification and standardisation of design
d. Participate to the validation process of standard solutions for Release
e. Attend tests and other assessments related to equipment
3.3. Support to Acquisition Phase of Release plants
a. Support the Release Sales team in technical screening new plant opportunities
b. Review technical input from potential Lessees to ensure the information / documentation provided is consistent and sufficient for an initial evaluation
c. Prepare Preliminary Designs that are used for submission of Indicative Offers: Yield studies, PV and storage sizing, interconnection principles.
d. Conduct pre-contract Site Visits and prepare Site Visit Reports
e. Review Site Visit Reports and prepare adjustments to Preliminary Designs.
f. Coordinate with Engineering, Design, Procurement and Installation teams to prepare Final Designs, in particular minigrid energy modelling, PV and storage final sizing, and interconnection details.
g. Ensure all technical parameters are incorporated in the Final Design
h. Support Procurement and Sales teams in defining Balance of Plant scope and costs
i. Manage the process to complete the technical schedules of Lease Agreements.
j. Support Sales team in negotiations of the Lease Agreement and lead with assistance to the PM to complete Project Documents, not only technical.
3.4. Support to Delivery Phase of Release plants
a. Ensure detailed engineering designs are implemented according to the Final Design.
b. Assess and approve design change requests
c. Provide technical support the Installation team
d. Support technical interactions with Lessee and other third parties involved at site.
e. Support the Installation team in the preparation and execution of Tests on Completion
f. Ensure that Plant related information and documentation is properly gathered and archived
3.5. Support to Lease Phase of Release plants
a. Provide technical support the Operation and Installation Team in problem solving.
b. Support the Installation team in the preparation and execution of the Planned Maintenance and yearly Performance Tests
3.6. Support to Demobilisation Phase of Release plants
a. Provide technical support the Installation Team in assessing the Plant and evaluating requirements for refurbishment or replacement of components
4. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Degree in Electrical / Electronical Engineering
Degree in Electro Mechanical or Mechanical Engineering
An excellent knowledge of MS Office
Project Management Certificate
Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Ability to work Independently and to multitask in a fast moving environment
• Analytical thinking
• Commercial Acumen
• Assertiveness and organisational skills
• High energy level and motivation.
• Proactive and initiative-taking
• Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity
• Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in across functional team
• High social and intercultural competence
• Speak and write English fluently. Other language skills like Spanish, German, French are an advantage
• Excellent report writing skills
• Sound knowledge of contracts related to energy generation projects•
3+ years electrical engineering experience
This includes the following:
5+ years project environment experience
3+ years electrical transmission/distribution experience with practical experience with power generation with Diesel /HFO
3+ years project/process management experience
Practical experience in site electrical construction and/or operation
Strong experience in diesel/HFO power generation
Exposure to MV distribution
Exposure to PV Project execution
Experience in minigrid design, energy storage and hybrid solutions (i.e. multiple energy production sources)
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Should be available and accustomed to travel extensively internationally to 3rd world and developing countries
• Must be able to work in an open plan environment
• Must be able to work extended hours
• Valid driver’s licence
Are you interested in becoming a Project Technical Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sales Representative for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Africa? Are you a great networker? Do you love sales and developing business? Do you love traveling and working independently? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Sales Representative to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for gaining new accounts as well as managing existing accounts. To create an active sales pipeline, you analyze the market and determine new opportunities. You actively hunt for new clients and build positive and lasting relationships with them by developing an in-depth understanding of their industry and recruitment needs.
The new colleague we are looking for:
• Has a sparkling personality, is a master networker and is passionate about cold calling and sales,
• Does NOT need previous experience in recruitment, selling of services is a pre
• Loves traveling and exploring new areas (6x per year)
• Has a vast international network in Africa or a part of Africa,
• Is an independent worker and is self-driven,
• Has an network within an international environment,
• French is a pre, but no must
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
• A strong (recruitment) brand name,
• An extensive pan-African network of clients and candidates (40.000+ international professionals),
• An international team
• Working in Johannesburg at our office and from home
• Full time / part time / flexible working options,
• High pace work environment combined with great lifestyle!
• Excellent financial structure with variable component
JobnetAfrica will give you the opportunity to fully focus on sales / networking and rapidly build a sustainable income for yourself. You can hit the ground running!
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica lifestyle!
Country Manager in Burundi , Burundi
The country manager will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Burundi office. You will be head of around 10 staff members.
You are expected to lead by example. On a daily basis The country manager manages the organization's projects, programmes and operations .
The Country Manager will report to the Regional Programme Director and work closely with the regional team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
Leadership and Management
- Manage the overall programme and operations;
- Responsible for the country strategy and development of the projects in Burundi;
- Analyse political developments and hunanitarian needs in the country and the surrounding region;
- Making sure all programme activities comply with national and international laws and regulations.
- Listen and create dialogue with your team members;
- Support, Motivate and encourage the team to care for them and achieve results in sometimes difficult situations;
- Oversee all HR related issues within the programme.
(Donor) Relations Management
- Develop and maintain contact with the representatives of important partners;
- Oversee all financial reports related to the programmes, together with the staff.
- Develop relationships with donors, media, other NGO's, authorities and embassies to identify funding opportunities;
- Overseeing the project budgets;
- Making sure controls are in place to prevent fraud.
- Oversee the implementation of security plans, guidelines and manuals in the country;
- Making sure security procedures are maintained throughout the country programme;
- Take the lead during security incidents or threats.
Requirements and Skills
- Fluent writing and speaking in French and English is a must;
- Experience with project management;
- Strong focus on deliviring results using available resources;
- University degree in a relevant subject such as Management, Development Studies and / or Business Administration;
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in a similar position, level and within an NGO;
- Working experience in East-Africa, previous experience in Burundi is an advantage;
- A good understanding of the situation in the region;
- People manager and motivator;
- A problem solving person;
It is a full-time contract for at least 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Burundi? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Dutch Speaking Service Desk Agent in South Africa , South Africa
Voor een van s' werelds grootste ICT dienstverlener o.a. gevestigd in Johannesburg Zuid Afrika, zijn wij op zoek naar ICT Klantenservice Medewerkers.
De werkzaamheden bestaan uit het effectief en klantvriendelijk afhandelen van vragen over computerproblemen van kantoormedewerkers van een Nederlandse bank. Momenteel is onze opdrachtgever op zoek naar medewerkers die zowel de Nederlandse als de Engelse taal zeer goed beheersen. Na een gedegen training ga je aan de slag op een van de projecten van onze opdrachtgever als Helpdesk Medewerker. Je doet relevante buitenlandse werkervaring op terwijl je woont in een van de mooiste landen ter wereld!
- Je bent serieus en houdt van avontuur
- Je bent klantgericht en beschikt over goede contactuele eigenschappen
- Je beheerst de Nederlandse taal uitstekend (schrijven en spreken)
- Je spreekt vloeiend Engels
- Je bent bereid om minimaal een jaar in Zuid-Afrika te wonen
- Je bent bij voorkeur direct beschikbaar
- Voor onze opdrachtgever, een wereldwijd opererende ICT-marktleider, die haar Servicedesk in Zuid-Afrika heeft gevestigd, zijn wij op zoek naar kandidaten die vanuit Zuid-Afrika kantoormedewerkers telefonisch ondersteuning bieden bij het oplossen van hun computerproblemen.
- Een professionele werkomgeving bij een gerenommeerd bedrijf
- Een uitgebreid trainingsprogramma
- Werkvergunning wordt geregeld
- Je wordt geholpen met het vinden van huisvesting
- Retourticket wordt vergoed
- Marktconform salaris 13.000 Rand bruto (ca. 11.500 Rand netto)
Are you interested in becoming a Dutch Speaking Service Desk Agent in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Commercial Director in Ghana , Ghana
Our client is a large commercial farm located in the Northern part of Ghana in the seed business. They are focused on expansion of their work and increasingly building capacity to be among the major seed producers in Ghana.
Do you have corporate management experience in the (seed) agribusiness and proven track of record for effective
team management, results-driven leadership and turn a company into a commercial profitable business?
We are searching a dynamic and commercially oriented team leader to join the company in the role of Managing Director for a company in the Northern part of Ghana.
Responsibilities and Duties
I. Strategic Leadership
• Direct the company in keeping with the commercial vision outlined for the company by the Board of Directors.
• Build a strong team of Senior Managers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability and profitability.
• Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
• Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
• Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
II. Operations Management
• Develop a profitable seed strategy and oversee its execution including operational cropping plan, budgets, quality ,marketing and sales.
• Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
• Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision.
• Oversee day-to-day commercial operations of the company.
III. Financial Management
• Work closely with the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) to prepare annual budgets, carry out risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return
• Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
IV. Human Resource management
• Strengthen the Human Resources (HR) function regarding hiring practices, payroll, training and benefit disbursement.
• Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with the respective managers
• Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
Qualifications and Skills
• A Master’s Degree in, Commercial Agriculture , Seed , Business Administration, or related subject areas
• At least 5 years of corporate managerial experience in agribusiness
• Experience with corporate governance.
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
• Good appreciation of general finance and accounting concepts. Understanding of financial statements is a must.
• Advanced skills in MS Office and accounting software
• Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
• Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
African candidates, especially Ghanaians are encouraged to apply.