The Children's Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is an independent philanthropic organisation, headquartered in London with offices in Nairobi, New Delhi and a presence in Ethiopia. We work with a wide range of partners seeking to transform and empower the lives of poor and vulnerable children in developing countries, with the ultimate goal of solving seemingly intractable challenges to ensure all children and adolescents have the chance to survive and thrive.
Our areas of work include empowering young people to control their sexual and reproductive health to avoid unintended pregnancy, unsafe abortion and HIV/AIDS; improving children and mothers' health and nutrition; preventing low birthweight babies; eliminating deaths from severe acute malnutrition, nested within a more integrated approach to childhood development; and deworming efforts to break transmission for good.
CIFF's child protection work focuses on ending child labour and sexual exploitation by enabling an environment that reduces vulnerability of communities and increases protection of children. Finally, our climate portfolio is driven by a vision of a climate-safe future for today's children and future generations that bear the benefits of cleaner air, energy security and sustainable jobs.
Director - Adolescence, Marketing and Demand Generation, Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Director, Adolescence, will lead CIFF's investments in demand-led platforms that empower the user of services. It will grow the market for sexual and reproductive health services using above-the-line advertising, through the line, tech enabled pathways, below the line, and peer-led channels (such as community health workers). Alongside this, it will drive supply-side innovation on service delivery, quality, scale and a transition to self-care in sexual health.
To drive the success of this programme, we are looking for a leader with the ability to distill complex strategies into simple, measurable, investment opportunities for leadership and potential partners.
This is an outstanding opportunity to create a new marketplace in sexual and reproductive health. The role requires in-depth knowledge of local markets in sub-Saharan Africa from supply and demand side perspectives and youth focused approaches.
This individual will have a strong business development background, with the ability to inspire, direct and manage the design of proposals to transform healthcare delivery, and present these to internal and external audiences to attract donor and investor interest. A proven track record of building high-level partnerships is essential.
You will come with highly developed people and organization development skills, and have the ability to support and motivate a team of dedicated professionals.
Beneficial would be an understanding of international public health and development, though demonstrated entrepreneurship will be valued more. Highly developed strategic thinking, analytics and financial acumen is key.
Outstanding communications skills - written and oral English - will be required. French is desirable. You enjoy working effectively and collaboratively as a senior leader, contributing to CIFF's success globally.
Closing date: Monday 5 November
Prospectus interviews: 7 - 21 November
CIFF first interviews: 27 - 29 November (Nairobi)
CIFF second interviews: early December
If you have further questions, please contact our retained advisors at Prospectus Fiona Wansborough, Borge Andreassen and Eva Farina at Fiona.email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Are you interested in becoming a Director, Marketing & Demand Generation in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Our client is a European cocoa trading company which does business in Asia, Latin America and West Africa.
Sustainability is an important value of the company.
Our client is looking for a regional project manager in West Africa to manage projects, mainly in Ivory Coast. Together with the companies' local sustainability team in Côte d'Ivoire and program partners they need you to increase impact in their supply chains, set-up and supervise programs, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure. You will be the connector of their middlemen, exporters, farmer communities, NGO’s, public and private parties, and research institutes. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Follow-up on program design and execution in Côte d'Ivoire, but with regular travels to Ghana, Nigeria, and Cameroon.
- Up-scale and execute program activities that were initiated together with supply chain partners.
- Support fundraising for (new) programs.
- Maintain relationships with our clients, exporters and farmer groups.
- Identify co-investors and new local partners for program up-scaling.
- Support the companies' M&E structure, existing of open source software (QGIS, R).
You will be working in our clients' dynamic sustainability team in Côte d'Ivoire. You will strengthen relationships with partners and local suppliers in the mentioned countries in close collaboration with the sustainability field teams in our headquarters in Europe and the other origins.
We are looking for
- At least two years of experience in the international development sector.
- An academic degree in agriculture, international development studies, or other related fields.
- A confident and strong negotiator.
- Fluent in French and English.
- We are looking for a self-starter.
- Excellent presentation, communication and networking skills.
- Bush proof.
- An ambitious and motivated worker that likes to work in a start-up environment with minimum facilities and resources.
- Prepared to work in West Africa for a minimum of 3 years.
40 hours per week.
Based in Abidjan, Ivory Coast with regular travels to other West African countries.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is an international business association based in Johannesburg, South Africa, is looking for a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to join their team. We are seeking a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
• Coordinating all public relations activities
• Developing a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
• Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
• Direct social media team (2 pax) to engage audiences across traditional and new media
• Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
• Manage media inquiries and interview requests
• Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations
• Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
• Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
• Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
• Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
• Proven working experience in public relations required
• Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a national and international level
• Strong relationships with both national and international business and industry media outlets
• Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Solid experience with social media including Newsletters, LinkedIn, Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Event planning experience
• BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
• Great appearance
• Sees work, pro-active
• Great communicator
• Feeling with international environments
• Interested in international business / politics
• Persistent networker
The right candidate should preferably be a South African national, though international candidates with a valid (work) permit will also be considered.
The interview process will include psychometric tests, reference checks and a test case on location.
A market conform package is available with great benefits including a 13th month, contribution towards pension and insurance, flexible working hours and a leave structure.
Are you interested in becoming a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) in Johannesburg, South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is pursuing poverty by supplying small holder farmers with agricultural inputs and selling their produce in domestic and export markets. The organisation develops innovative technologies for commercial development of crop processing.
The demand across Africa for cassava products is high and therefore we are currently recruiting a Technical Director for overseeing the first mobile processing site in Nampula, Mozambique.
In this role you will be responsible for first-hand hand knowledge of electrical- and mechanical systems within the (mobile) processing-, drying- and refinery units in order to process fresh cassava on-farm or nearby. You will be overseeing the maintenance and electrical- and mechanical installations of the whole site, responsible for training and supervising the team on site and that all operation is running well.
- Background in (both) Electrical- and Mechanical Engineering with some years of experience in maintenance in a high-speed production environment
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical system installations and troubleshooting in a high-speed ánd rotational equipment (water pumps, turbines, drying equipment, gearboxes, compressors, engines and generators) and their design, installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of PLC and industrial computers used to automate a machine or process
- Ability and/or experience of working in remote areas
- Work closely with technical operating staff and provide training for maintenance and use of mobile factory and machinery guidance
- English and preferably basic knowledge of Portuguese.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Job Title: Managing Director PAIX Côte d’Ivoire
Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
PAIX Data Centres is a Pan-African provider of cloud- and carrier-neutral colocation data centre services and is headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. PAIX was founded in 2016 by a team of data centre, telecom industry and investment professionals with a track record in the African market. In their data centre operations, they aim to offer a leading global quality service level to their national and international customer base across the African continent.
For their office in Abidjan they are looking for a Managing Director to drive their strategic expansion and grow their business in Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast).
Scope of the position:
The Managing director Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) is responsible for the local country P&L and country operation, inclusive but not limited to, finance, HR, Sales, Marketing and Operations with a view to achieving maximum return on investment and economic success that is in line with the overall company strategy. He/ She will work closely with the Senior Management Team in South Africa and Europe, and lead the local management team by providing strategic direction for the country office and ensuring it is aligned with PAIX’s overall business strategy.
• Provide strategic direction for local country organization
• Manage effectiveness of local teams
• Manage financial and operational local country organisation
• Ensure optimal functioning of sales & marketing processes
• Maintain full overview of local operations
• Adherence to local regulations
Qualifications & Work experience:
• University degree in Business, Finance and/or Marketing.
• 6+ years of experience in Finance, Business Development and/ or Sales in a corporate organisation.
• Experience in supervising personnel and managing budgets is required.
• Management experience in a Director role is an asset.
• Experience in a telecommunications or technology company would be an advantage.
• Experience working in Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) is preferred.
• Ability to develop effective & sustainable business strategies in order to grow the country organisation.
• Ability to provide leadership and direction to local teams and to build, motivate & develop individual team members to achieve business targets.
• Strong entrepreneurial and networking skills with a view to maximising results and building long-term customer relations.
• Ability to deliver the highest level of customer service.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and convincingly.
Fluency in English and French is essential.
What we offer:
PAIX offers the right candidate a challenging role in a growing international organisation and the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to our growth and ambitions. We offer an excellent salary, benefits, bonus and equity participation.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Cameroon : Project Manager for Sustainable Cocoa Programs
Location: Based in Douala, Cameroon, with regular trips to cocoa regions
Field of Expertise: Project Management
Work Experience: 2-5 years
Work Status: 40 hours per week.
Preferred Candidates: Local and international jobseekers invited to apply
Benefits included: For international candidates: accommodation, transport, insurance to be discussed
Our client is a young and fast growing cocoa trading company that has the ambition to connect the cocoa supply chain participants in the most efficient and effective way. Sustainability is a key pillar of the company.
Your key responsibilities will be to
• Coordinate execution of sustainability activities in the field in collaboration with cocoa suppliers, clients and partners like UTZ certified, GIZ, and other community development NGO’s.
• Monitor progress of certification activities of our cocoa suppliers in the field;
• Support our M&E data collection with field staff from our cocoa suppliers;
• Report to clients on project indicators and realized budgets of sustainability programs
• Maintain relationships with our farmer groups, exporters, and client representatives;
• Identify new local suppliers and partners for program up-scaling.
Skills we are looking for
• An academic degree in agriculture, community development or other related fields;
• At least 1 years of experience in project management and/or commodities;
• A passionate and ambitious worker;
• Excellent organizational skills and relationship management
• Extensive knowledge of Excel, experience with online tools (surveys, GIS) is a pre;
• Being a fast-growing company we are looking for a self-starter. You need to be efficient on an independent basis as well as in a team;
• Fluent in English and French and local language is a pre;
• Bush proof, you will spend a week per month with cocoa suppliers and on plantations
What they offer
You will be part of a fast-growing company and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. They offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment.
Our client is a global feed company with business units in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America. Their business unit in Ethiopia is rapidly growing. They are going to expand our production capacity on the short term. In this position you are the local contact for our company's engineers and together with them and your local Ethiopian team you are responsible for the implementation of a project locally and to make sure our factory runs in the best possible way in order to deliver the right quality of feed to our customers in Ethiopia.
What does our client expect from a Technical Manager?
You negotiate with local contractors and you finalize contracts with them for the installation and civil work in the company's factory in order realize the expansion project as soon and smooth as possible. You are also the first responsible for curative and preventive maintenance. In close cooperation with the local production manager and together with your team of electricians and mechanics, you are responsible for planning, designing and executing preventive maintenance programs as well as trouble shooting and curative maintenance. One of your aims is to make the mechanics and electricians become better in their job by being more effective and efficient. Together with the company's engineers from the global technical department, you discuss about the scope of the project, product specifications, the implementation process etc. You will implement maintenance software with guidance and support from the company's global technical support team. You will make downtime visible and will minimize this downtime.
What does our client expect from a Technical Manager?
You have completed a relevant education in electro mechanics or mechanics or have experience in these fields. You have at least 2 years of experience in a technical / maintenance role, preferably within a manufacturing company. You have the ability to convince others and to adapt your professional approach to the local circumstances. Preferably you have project management skills and proven experience in leading technical projects. You are fluent in English, both orally and written. You consider it as a challenge to develop and motivate people within the Ethiopian culture in their job and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
You have the following personal characteristics: analytical, hands-on, decisive, energetic, honest, results-oriented and problem-solving. You are willing to live in Ethiopia for at least the next three years.
What does our client offer a Technical Manager?
You will work in an international environment where you will be able to develop yourself, both personally and professionally. Our client offers you a full time job with an attractive compensations and benefits package.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Ethiopia and working in an international environment? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.