Workshop Manager in Ghana , Ghana
Department : Assets Maintenance
Job Title : Workshop Manager
Reports to : Assets Maintenance Manager
• Responsible for ensuring that the requisite Workshop infrastructure, tools, machinery and manpower are well in place for the efficient R&M support of the Terminal Equipment & Facility including controlling the usage of spare parts and consumables.
• Functions include planning, coordinating, and monitoring preventative maintenance activities as well as trouble shooting and repairs of faults so to achieve maximum availability of equipment and a reduction in maintenance costs.
• Maintain clean and safe working environment.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree in electrical/mechanical engineering with relevant Technical Degree or equivalent qualification.
• 10 years previous experience with at least 3 years at managerial level in an international container terminal.
• Sound knowledge of relevant electro/pneumatic/hydraulic engineering systems which include hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical circuits.
• With specific working knowledge of maintenance of Gantry Cranes, electric generators as well as Reachstackers, Empty Handlers, forklifts and other associated terminal equipment.
• Good communication skills with fluency in both written and oral English.
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Plant Controller in South Africa , South Africa
You will be responsible for all the statistical and financial reporting of fixed asset physical inventory, finished product, principal supply inventory, and any other reports required that provide management with more pertinent information regarding the financial results of the plant. You are expected to communicate effectively with the business operations teams to contribute to high morale, motivation and productivity at the plant and maintain accuracy of reported results. The effectiveness of this position is measured by the preparation of financial and statistical reports.
1. Direct, prepare and coordinate the financial forecast and the financial budget for the plant
2. Create tools to measure operating and financial performance of division departments
3. Analyze, monitor and prepare monthly operating results against budget
4. Monitor daily operations and the impact it has on the financial results
5. Make recommendations to management to facilitate improvements at the plant
6. Manage the preparation of financial forecasts, outlooks and financial results
7. Prepare financial analysis for product investment decisions and contract negotiations
8. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local reporting requirements
9. Assist with the establishment of departmental goals, policies, objectives and operating procedures
10. Responsible for reports as required by the business
11. Responsible for capital return on investment decisions and managing capital budget
12. Responsible for physical inventories
13. Responsible for assisting with financial audits
14. Engaging with operations teams
• At least 2 years proven working experience in a similar position
• 5+ years of finance experience
• Advanced degree in Accounting
• CIMA qualified
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
• Experience with SAP
• Great Excel Skills
Are you interested in becoming a Plant Controller in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Internal Control Manager in South Africa , South Africa
The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across all business processes and internal controls.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker. He is organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitor internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
• Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
• Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and audit committee
• Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
• Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
• Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
• Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Newly qualified CA(SA) preferably Big 4 audit firm
• Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
• Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
• Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multigeographic team.
Are you interested in becoming an Internal Control Mananger in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Electronics Engineer in Ghana , Ghana
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for an Electronics Engineer, based at their plant in Ghana.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrating and designing electronic systems
- Maintaining timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding engineering activities
- Develop solutions to eliminate machine and system malfunctions
- Create standard methods for reviewing, evaluating, and inspecting products during development and production
- Analyze data daily
- Mechatronics / Electronics Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical and engineering work
Are you interested in becoming an Electronics Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire , Ivory Coast
1. FOB Business for Cocoa Beans and Products
a. With the support of the manager, develop market understanding and relationships with FOB suppliers for cocoa beans and products in West and East Africa.
b. With the support of the manager and the trading desk in Malaysia, advise on purchasing of cocoa beans and products, and eventually independently negotiate purchase contracts with suppliers.
c. With the support of the trading desk, advise on the hedging of outright contracts and the fixation of differential contracts.
d. Ensure smooth execution of contracts, including lot approval, provision of shipping instructions, quality and weight control, approval of export documentation and payment to the supplier.
e. Further strengthen relationships with the cocoa regulatory bodies in Ivory Coast (Conseil Café Cacao) and Ghana (Cocobod).
f. Provide weekly updates on the execution of purchase contracts, identify market and logistical risks and resolve issues immediately.
g. Travel within Ivory Coast and within the region required to build relationship with suppliers and understand situation on the ground.
h. Identify suppliers that offer the potential for a partnership, including among others sustainability activities and logistics solutions.
i. Provide monthly reporting on quality and weight loss performance of FOB purchases on arrival.
2. Local Bean Exports in Ivory Coast
a. Produce a feasibility study on local bean export license in Ivory Coast including among other things: potential suppliers, cocoa bean cleaning operators, financing facilities, forwarding operators, HR requirements, costing based on minimum volume, deadlines by the regulator.
b. Move from the feasibility study to application for an export license if market conditions are favourable and management decides to go ahead.
c. Hiring of necessary staff required to run bean export operations.
d. Establish supplier network of local middlemen (traitants) and later integrate cooperatives to supply project cocoa
3. Processing Factory in Ivory Coast
a. Support the country manager in necessary administrative and official tasks to obtain land, licenses and knowledge required to build a cocoa processing factory in Abidjan.
b. In particular provide input on the operational side of the cocoa beans supply for the plant.
4. Market Info
a. Discus with local and international market participants to get insights into local and international market developments.
b. Share market insight and updates with the trading desk in Malaysia.
c. Develop your own view on the physical and paper markets.
d. Provide weekly and monthly updates on arrival figures, export statistics, weather and other available information.
a. Support the sustainability manager in the integration between sustainability projects and commercial suppliers, ranging from international traders, local exporters to local cooperatives.
b. Support the sustainability manager on the management of credit balance.
a. Assist the country manager and the trading team in Malaysia on any other tasks and projects requirement. This might include pricing and margin management on the sales side and providing market updates to our sales teams in Asia, Europe and US.
Are you interested in becoming an Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Country Director Farms - Ethiopia , Ethiopia
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching a Country Director Farms for their locations in Ethiopia.
Based in Addis Ababa, or at one of the farms, with significant national travel and some international travel.
We are looking for an experience Country Director to join the Ethiopian team, for daily management of the farms. Forming a bridge between overseas management and local operations.
You will play a key role in the client’s global senior management team supporting the strategic direction of the organisation. In country you will set the strategic direction of the Ethiopian farms in line with the client’s global strategy and Ethiopian national development plans. You will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between farms, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (10+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy
• Agricultural background
• Has managed several locations before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia
Market conform package available. This is a new role, start date as soon as ideal candidate is found.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Director Farms in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CFO Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
Reports to CEO
Our client is an established international supplier of organic and Fairtrade processed food. They have developed sustainable food chains and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer. The overall responsibilities of the CFO is to manage company’s finances, manage financial planning and management of risks, analysis of data, record-keeping and financial reporting. In this role you are also overseeing the administative and HR department, as well as IT developments.
Task and responsibilities
- Organize, plan and Supervise the accounting and financial management of the structure, including the strict control of Cash Flow and the management of financing by third parties (clients or financial institutions)
- Collaborate in the establishment of accounting and financial statements; National and international reporting
- Managing and prepare budgets and their follow-ups, analyze discrepancies, recommend solutions
- Develop documents (dashboards) and procedures, in order to have cost accounting;
- Ensuring all aspects of HR are well organized, contracts, labor laws, negotiations with staff
- Follow up on data relating to payroll, leave, reimbursement of personnel costs and occupational medicine;
- Develop and optimize the tools and procedures related to the proper functioning of administrative and financial services
- Ensure the fiscal monitoring of transactions, in particular with the various national and international stakeholders (VAT, standardized invoices, withholding taxes, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with BCEAO procedures
- IT architecture watch in collaboration with external service providers.
- Supervise and carry out all the accounting entries;
- Manage arguments with the Chartered Accountant and Statutory Auditor councils,
- Assist project managers and heads of departments in the development of action programs in their budgetary aspects
- Ensure the budgetary monitoring of actions / agreements and the establishment of intermediate / final reports
- Prepare financial data for General Meetings and boards of directors: analyzes and summaries, arguments for provisions and strategic choices
- Degree in Finance & Accounting, Management or equivalent: Bac + 4/5 or equivalent level
- Mastering computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet): software skills (office automation and accounting software SAGE)
- +5 years of experience in an International company, a complex business or industry, commercial sector
- Experience in working in West African context
- entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude
- understanding of technology, IT systems
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good sense of human relations and making a social impact to the lives of people
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Human Resource Manager in Ghana , Ghana
For a company within the agricultural industry, we are seeking an experienced HR Manager to become the Head of department. The start date for this role is January 2021 preferably, because of a replacement. The company is offering all kind of services to farmers and they are working according to international standards. The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure all Human Resources related policies, procedures and standards of practice are in place, are current and adhered to. Recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees. Payroll management.
The company is currently going through a restructuring and we are therefore seeking a strong candidate with an experience in restructuring of departments and/or companies.
In this role you are directly reporting to the Operations Manager and you will have an Assistant that is reporting to you in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Accomplishes human resource objectives by facilitating processes for: recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; and manage existing employees.
• Monitoring, appraising, reviewing and maintaining personnel records of performance reviews
• Developing, reviewing, revising and ensuring compliance with of HR policies and procedures.
• Maintaining records, management and analyses of all staff training, workshops, seminars and meetings attended by or organized for staff development.
• Management of Payroll
• Execute Management decisions, change management proposals, dismissal, resignation and end of service
• Contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; providing leadership in professional societies
• Degree/Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
• Preferably experience in an agricultural environment
• Minimum 3 – 5 years proven leadership and management experience in a Human Resources Management role and a total of 7-10 years of experience in HR.
• Current knowledge and application of labour and labour related legislative frameworks
• + 2 years of experience with change management, restructuring of department or companies
• Putting procedures and processes in place
• Experience with Unions in Ghana
• Employee branding and employee satisfaction
Are you interested in becoming a Human Resource Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.