General Manager – LEAFS from Kenya , Kenya
Superfood, super healthy.
Moringa is the new superfood, but at LEAFS they take it a step further. They want to make a difference through impact. With their choices and targets they make impact through every Moringa seed sown. From production to distribution; from their fields in Kwale Country to the worldwide moringa market. Every step in the supply chain is managed by LEAFS.
LEAFS is a trustworthy partner for reliable supply of organically certified Moringa, dry powder and tea leaves. They are currently looking for a General Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about combining organic plant growing and processing experience with a passion for people management.
Contributing to the success, means jointly creating employment opportunities supporting over thousands of families so far. LEAFS contributes to regional business and economic growth and helps overcome some of the most severe problems in the developing world like malnutrition, deforestation, impure water, and poverty.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the efficiency and growth of the production plant. The production started from the first 100 acres of trees planted in beginning of the year, resulted in 2 million trees so far. The first harvest and processing is planned Q4 2021.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• P&L responsible for the daughter company in Kenya.
• Responsible for leading the management team, coach and set the example.
• Focus on professionalizing working processes, SOP’s and increase efficiency and productivity.
• Implement continuous improvement as way of working
• Ensure compliancy with company policies and make sure safety procedures are in place.
• Managing by walking around, checking on processes and progress
• Verify quality of product, and partner with QA to ensure all areas are in compliance with production and safety processes
• Provide management reporting towards directors in The Netherlands
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related
• Minimum of 5 yrs. management experience and a proven track record with (organic) crop production and / or processing
• Good people management skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to contribute ideas on how to expand and diversify the operation
• Excellent communication skills in both local and international stakeholder management
• Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for growth
• Multi-task oriented and very well organized
• Hands-on mentality, not afraid of decision making
• Africa experience is a must
• Willing to relocate to Diani Beach area
Do you want to contribute to a healthy, strong and sustainable world through LEAFS? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page!
Chief Operating Officer in Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
Our client is company that builds sustainable food supply chains, by investing in local processing and supporting producers and farmers with their know-how in quality, organic production, certification and logistics. For their processing facility they are seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee the production for A to Z.
As the COO you will be part of the Executive Management team. You will directly report to the CEO and work together with the CFO and the Head of Agronomy & Sourcing. Together you will form the Executive Management of the company who is working in a highly hands-on environment.
In your role as COO you are responsible for the products from the arrival of the raw materials at the factory door to the export of the end-product. You are overseeing the cashew processing, dried mango production and the dried mango quality control. You assure that production and export planning are in line with customer expectations. In addition to that, you are responsible for the maintenance team which makes sure that machines and infrastructure are in efficient condition.
You make sure you achieve the goals and KPIs through thorough analysis, planning, and organization as well as through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
• Production & Export planning & production data evaluation
• Realize the processing of raw cashew nuts and mango by managing productivity of staff
• Realize cost per kg targets and drive continuous improvement
• Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the plant
• Oversee food safety, certification (BRC) and safety at work
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with organic certification
• Continuous improvement of standard work and operating procedures, food safety and quality manual
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained, and motivated
• Maintenance of machines and infrastructure
• Manage import & export logistics
• Manage relations and evaluate efficiency of external service providers
• Manage general resources and consumables
• Efficient stock management
Competencies for this position
• High managerial & organizational skills and the ability to develop people
• High interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
• Integrity & transparency
• Efficiency, planning, analytical & problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail, persistence
• Creative/innovative, “think out of the box”, hands-on, high standards, enthusiasm
• Participative leadership
Education and experience
• Master in Engineering, Food Processing or Business or Economics
• 5-10 years’ experience in an industrial/technical environment, agro-industry and/or agro-processing
• Experience in a purchasing and logistics environment in an agricultural environment
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment (experience in West Africa is a plus)
• Strong Excel skills and ideally experience with stock management (systems)
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
Nice to haves
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• QHSE skills
• Having worked in an international environment or company
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Development Coordinator in Zimbabwe , Zimbabwe
Our client is an international development organization putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world and for we are searching a Business Development Coordinator in Zimbabwe for them.
About the Role
The Business Development Coordinator is a dependable team member with a responsibility to deliver the business development and fundraising plan for Zimbabwe Africa. S/he is accountable for the effective research on appropriate funding opportunities and communicating as a key contributor the Zimbabwe business development and fundraising plan.
The Business Development Coordinator is accountable for business environment scanning and funding intelligence. The core purpose of this role is to support a viable model of funding in a proactive and responsive way to meet the strategic ambitions and to ensure that our work is effectively and widely communicated internally and externally. The post-holder and their team will support strategic relationships with donors and other funders, creating a strong profile for the organisation in Zimbabwe that builds credibility and demonstrates technological innovation. As a member of the business development team, s/he will collaborate closely with the Head of Impact and Influence to ensure integration of approaches.
Reporting to: Head of Impact and Influence
Direct reports: TBA
Groups: Fundraising and Communications Working Groups;
Relationships: Business Development Team in Zimbabwe, Funding partners relevant to change ambitions, UK Partnerships and Philanthropy team, UK Marketing and Communications.
Financial scope: Management of allocated annual budget
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Nature of contract: Regular
Travel: Role will involve some local travel and may require global travel
Generating Funding and Managing Relationships– 60%
• Researching potential funding sources and providing expertise relevant to decision-making in funding opportunities.
• Serve as a knowledge repository on donor strategy, priorities and linkages to funding priorities.
• Identify and prioritize opportunities for new business relationships with new funding sources including private sectors for flagship products and services.
• Work with the Head of Impact and Influence to track relevant opportunities for Zimbabwe and collaborate with other RCOs and the UK.
• Participate in fortnightly business development meetings to update on funding opportunities.
• Support the development of quality proposals by coordinating the inputs of teams in Zimbabwe and UK team.
Achieving Change Ambitions – 5%
• Actively contribute to the development and review of the strategic business plan by updating the donor, partnerships and funding intelligence database.
• Maintain and share an updated record of key relationships aligned with our strategic ambitions.
• Strengthen the coordination and consolidation of business intelligence gathering and sharing.
• Dedicate time for working with UK office.
Strengthening Organisational Profile – 10%
• Work with the Head of Impact and Influence, Communications Coordinator and thematic leaders to compile quality thematic profiles for each change ambition for use in marketing of the organization in Zimbabwe.
• Represent the organization internally and externally as delegated by the Head of Impact and Influence.
Leadership, Management and People – 10%
• Foster a culture of collaboration and common ambition.
• Drive your own quarterly BYB conversations with line manager.
• Proactively support the professional growth of team members by offering quality feedback.
• Promote an organisational culture by practicing the diversity, equity and inclusion principles where everyone must feel heard, respected, valued and included.
Delivering Performance – 20%
• Ensure all relevant supporting documents for proposal development are appropriately filed on SharePoint and are readily available for preparation of complete proposal packages.
• Maintain an updated bank of concept notes for future reference.
• Contribute relevant content for the annual review and reporting in liaison with the Head of Impact and Influence and MEL Coordinator.
• Facilitate logging and tracking of project ideas, opportunities and awards in line with the Projects and Awards Management system (PAMS).
To be successful in the role, the candidate should be able to demonstrate:
Experience & Knowledge
• At least 5 years of experience in business development/ fund raising/ resource mobilization for a national or international development organization.
• Demonstrated understanding and skills of reflecting organization’s goals in a proposal succinctly and convincingly.
• Familiar with the development sector and contemporary issues in Southern Africa, especially Zimbabwe and Malawi.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of donor priorities.
• Well organized, attentive to details, and concise.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to set priorities.
• Excellent analytical, editing, oral presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent ability to work virtually with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft office suite (essential), SharePoint, Teams, Zoom (or willingness to learn immediately).
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences/ Development Communication, Business Administration/ Development studies/Marketing or any related field.
We welcome applications from within and outside Zimbabwe, but candidates must have the right to work in Zimbabwe.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Development Coordinator in Zimbabwe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Solar PV Project Manager , Angola
Solar PV Project Manager
JobnetAfrica has been retained by a strong player in the sector of building, construction and public works which have experienced sustained growth throughout the last decade. For global projects (at the moment in West Africa), they are looking for a Project Manager to manage a large solar project.
- Coordination and management of the construction works of photovoltaic parks (over 10 MWp);
- Planning and control of the execution plan on site;
- Technical support during the conception phase of the various projects;
- Coordination of work teams.
- Academic formation in Electrotechnical Engineering or similar;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in the construction of photovoltaic solar parks;
- Accumulated experience of at least 200 MWp in the construction of photovoltaic solar parks;
- Experience in construction of a photovoltaic solar park of at least 75 MWp;
- Fluent in the English language;
- Availability for international travel.
Are you interested in becoming a Solar PV Project Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sustainability Manager in Sudan , Sudan
1. Definition & Objective of Position
The Sustainability Manager will work with the Head of Corporate Sustainability and Social Impacts (CSSI) to ensure that the company's practices, processes, products and procedures are ethical, sustainable and environmentally friendly (being good). Also He/she will ensure the company is improving the quality of life for people in the country by investing in social programs that are consistent with the strategy (doing good).
Whilst the Head of CSSI will have ultimate responsibility for the development of a sustainability strategy through consultation with the full range of the company’s stakeholders, the Sustainability Manager will be primarily responsible for the implementation of that strategy across the business through ensuring the right processes, measurement and reporting systems, project management capability and communication protocols exist.
The Sustainability Manager will ensure that planning and decision making is guided the CSSI strategy, particularly with regard to the emphasis on promoting local traditions, driving innovation, supporting education and promoting local, sustainable sourcing and that their behavior will demonstrate the company's principles.
2. Primary accountabilities
2.1. Jointly with the Head of CSSI and the Chief Strategy Officer and the CEO, to develop the Sustainability Strategy
2.2. As part of this strategy development, Benchmark the company to peer companies internationally for Sustainability practices with a view to identifying best-in-class sustainable practice in key areas such as energy provision, water use/retention, packaging etc.
2.3. Build and manage a team in Sudan and in the other countries where the company operates, to implement the Sustainability Strategy.
2.4. Set up project documents and agreements, including governance structures, project policy, monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure successful of sustainability strategy implementation projects.
2.5. Ensure project management (control) processes, implementation and reporting are in line with the company’s, regulatory authorities’ and where relevant NGO’s compliance and quality standards.
2.6. Consistent with the CSSI strategy and aligned to the portfolio of consumer and commercial brands, to define plan and implement social impact initiatives that improve the quality of lives across Sudan and promote the reputation of the Company. The “do-good” projects
2.7. To help business leaders across the organization take more innovative approaches to solving business problems with sustainable / responsible solutions. To coordinate enterprise-wide “Be-Good” projects with project managers and where appropriate brand managers.
2.8. With the Head of CSSI and other members of the management team, to secure funding for projects from financial institutions, NGO’s, business partners, suppliers or other 3rd parties and from the company itself.
2.9. In collaboration with senior leadership, develop appropriate goals, metrics and KPIs for measuring the Company’s performance with respect to CSSI objectives and to ensure that such reporting is aligned to general and stakeholder specific certifications and requirements and meet / exceed expectations of such stakeholders.
2.10. To develop awareness and understanding for the CSSI agenda across the company to ensure each area of the business has an individual with clearly defined CSSI responsibilities and that such individuals are linked together to pursue program and policy implementation across the organization
2.11. To track, monitor, understand and report on the costs, financial benefits and non-financial benefits associated with all “Do Good” and “Be Good” initiatives. To develop an annual operating budget for the CSSI function.
2.12. To lead the development of an annual sustainability report which tracks our progress towards attaining the CSSI goals. Such report to be prepared in line with current GRI reporting standards
3. The Principal measures of success
Successful performance in the role will be assessed using a measurement framework.
4. Organisation authority and decision rights
Within the financial limits laid down in the manual of authorities, the Sustainability Manager has decision rights that are registered in a decision framework.
Are you interested in becoming a Sustainability Manager in Sudan? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Plant Controller in South Africa , South Africa
You will be responsible for all the statistical and financial reporting of fixed asset physical inventory, finished product, principal supply inventory, and any other reports required that provide management with more pertinent information regarding the financial results of the plant. You are expected to communicate effectively with the business operations teams to contribute to high morale, motivation and productivity at the plant and maintain accuracy of reported results. The effectiveness of this position is measured by the preparation of financial and statistical reports.
1. Direct, prepare and coordinate the financial forecast and the financial budget for the plant
2. Create tools to measure operating and financial performance of division departments
3. Analyze, monitor and prepare monthly operating results against budget
4. Monitor daily operations and the impact it has on the financial results
5. Make recommendations to management to facilitate improvements at the plant
6. Manage the preparation of financial forecasts, outlooks and financial results
7. Prepare financial analysis for product investment decisions and contract negotiations
8. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local reporting requirements
9. Assist with the establishment of departmental goals, policies, objectives and operating procedures
10. Responsible for reports as required by the business
11. Responsible for capital return on investment decisions and managing capital budget
12. Responsible for physical inventories
13. Responsible for assisting with financial audits
14. Engaging with operations teams
• At least 2 years proven working experience in a similar position
• 5+ years of finance experience
• Advanced degree in Accounting
• CIMA qualified
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
• Experience with SAP
• Great Excel Skills
Are you interested in becoming a Plant Controller in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Internal Control Manager in South Africa , South Africa
The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across all business processes and internal controls.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker. He is organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitor internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
• Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
• Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and audit committee
• Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
• Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
• Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
• Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Newly qualified CA(SA) preferably Big 4 audit firm
• Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
• Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
• Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multigeographic team.
Are you interested in becoming an Internal Control Mananger in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Senior Recruiter & Head-Hunter for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the African recruitment space and a passion for recruitment head-hunting and/or executive search? Have you placed candidates across the continent? Do you love pampering your clients and making sure they hire the best professionals in the field? Do you go the extra mile? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Recruiter / head-hunter / executive search specialist with full cycle experience, to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As our new team member, you are responsible for:
• Taking on new assignments, obtained by our sales crew
• Conducting a thorough briefing with the client on the organisation and role(s)
• Advising the client on the options and introduce inventive ways to look at the process
• Managing online outings and timelines together with our content manager
• Taking on the search and selection process, using existing and upcoming ways of finding talent
• Conduction (mostly online) interviews and writing interview reports
• Proposing of shortlists to the client
• Support the hiring and onboarding process with the client
• Close the assignment
• After care on both the candidates and the clients
• Helping designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
• Collaborating with the sales and management team
• Proven work experience as an international Recruiter in Africa (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter), with experience in multiple sectors
• Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems (CMS) and Linkedin recruiter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
Personality we are looking for:
• Independent worker, that loves to be part of a growing team and company
• Thrives on successes, pushing for placements
• Friendly nature, keeping your calm when things move slow
• Has to be flexible, not everything always goes the way we want it to go
• Show initiative, there is lots to be taken on and streamlined
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at successful placement
• Flexibility, you can work from home and / or our office in Johannesburg
• A very challenging and demanding job with a great lifestyle!!