Logistics Operations Manager , Ivory Coast
Languages: French, English
1. Manage paperwork on inbound shipments of bulk cargo
2. Manage subcontractors loading/unloading shipments
3. Act as local control on a small building project
4. Control of warehouse operations in Abidjan
5. General liaison with head office
6. Liaison with local banks
Are you interested in becoming a Logistics Operations Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Chief Engineer in Ghana , Ghana
For a client in Ghana, in the timber processing industry / exporting all over the world, we are looking for an experienced Electromechanical engineer with a Bachelor degree but preferably with a Masters degree with 8 to 10 years’ experience, including but not limited to construction, plumbing, carpentry, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, HVAC, and mechanical systems.
• Evaluating costs associated with each project / installation or maintenance
• Improving preventive maintenance and maintenance in general of existing installations.
• Coordinating and managing the engineering team, assigning short and long term goals for successful completion of the project’s plans
• Ensuring and reviewing safety of the worksite during the course of development
• Knowledge of principles of engineering
• Must have superior budgeting and cost management abilities, assessing estimated costs early in the project and bringing the actual costs in line
• Must be able to draft clear and comprehensive reports on the statistical efficacy of projects, the use and allocation of resources, and the quality of each finished project
• Must possess technical acumen and the ability to troubleshoot on a variety of projects
• Must be willing to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, industrial settings, and construction sites
Our client offers a basic salary and :
• House fully furnished with all necessary utilities
• Great office environment
• Flights to visit home
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Engineer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CFO in Cameroon , Cameroon
JobnetAfrica is recruiting an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead and execute our client's financial and investment strategy and to perform effective risk management.
Our client is active in the clean energy sector.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning
- Establish, execute, and manage the capital investment plan and strategy
- Perform a risk management and mitigation plan by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Prepare (and improve if necessary) internal and external monthly financial reports including forecasts as per company financial policies and procedures
- Set up in place a comprehensive dashboard to map all the duties to meet the expectations and obligations from current and future investors
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Establish and develop relations with banks, lenders, equity providers, donors and financial institutions
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Prepare and lead the budgeting process
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the company’s operations
- Keep track of the company’s path to profitability milestones and ensure ongoing profitability of the business
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Direct audit and compliance activities
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
The CFO must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
- Proven experience (2-3 years) as CFO, finance officer, finance director or other relevant role in a SME
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, business economics or other relevant field
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Sound knowledge around business, its financial dynamics and regulatory requirements across tax/commercial/banking/exchange regulations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP, ERP)
- Hands-on financial modelling
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Strong appeal to the Renewable Energy sector
- Great deal of personal motivation to improve the living conditions of other men and women.
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Cameroon? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sales and Technical Support Manager in Ghana , Ghana
For our client who is a mine service provider, we are seeking a strong Sales and Technical Support Manager. The company is a highly customer focused organization and is constantly looking forward increasing intimacy with their clients through efficient provision of customers’ needs, services and technical support programs.
To further develop the company is seeking a service minded person to plan and coordinate all customer support activities within Ghana. This person must have an experience in the mining industry and has a good idea of the processes and business environment of the clients in this sector.
The ideal candidate
- Has a Post Graduate level in Metallurgical, Chemical Engineering predominantly in the mining environment
- Minimum of 5-7 years of working experience with a minimum of 2 years in the mining environment, understanding the processes and business problems in this industry
- Is a good communicator is an absolute must as you will be largely on your own visiting clients within Ghana and West Africa
- Has a good conduct of writing English
- Is an enthusiastic and curious personality
Are you interested in becoming a Sales and Technical Support Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CEO in Ethiopia , Ethiopia
Our client is a leading food producing company in Ethiopia. The Company has been growing rapidly over the last 10 years and is poised to enter its next phase of growth supported by a significant private equity investment. Based in Addis Ababa, the Company is seeking a CEO to lead it through its next growth phase.
The Executive will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s operations and growth plans. The Executive shall report directly to the Board of Directors of the Company and shall actively lead and participate in strategic, operational and financial discussions and presentations to the Board. The Executive will be responsible for designing and executing on an operational improvement and growth plan.
Through the management of the Company and its employees, the Executive’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Ensure the overall coordination of the flow of tasks in the organization and the proper implementation of the action plans
2. Responsible for managing company-wide manufacturing process including the launch of new production lines
3. Design and execution of the growth plan including overseeing multiple new products / segments development at the same time
4. Drive operational and profitability improvement initiatives
5. Monitor closely the raw material sourcing process in view of Ethiopia’s current FX shortage issue
6. Promote quality achievement throughout the organization
7. Lead and motivate the senior management of the company and employees to achieve their goals and targets
8. Develop the mission, vision, strategic plan, annual action plan and budget of the company and ensure their implementation;
9. Prepare quarterly and annual performance reports regarding financial and non-financial performance of the company and submit to the Board of Directors
10. Ensure the implementation of good corporate governance in line with best practices
11. Manage all relationships on behalf of the Company and shareholders including those with the Company’s staff, clients, suppliers, government & regulatory bodies and strategic partners
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Proven experience as CEO, COO or other senior managerial position in the FMCG sector
• Previous experience in the food sector is preferred
• Entrepreneurial mindset with strong leadership skills
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• 10-15 years of relevant experience
• BSc/BA degree in the food industry, engineering or business preferred
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Senior Manager in Ghana , Ghana
Reports to: Managing Director
The role of Senior Manager is to provide senior leadership across the whole organizationand to lead it towards a mature and healthy organisation.
As the Senior Manager you will be responsible for overall leadership of the organisation, the longer-term strategy and improving day to day operations.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for the development of the organisation's team, attracting talent into the organisation and making sure the products and services the company offers surpass the expected standards. This is a social enterprise and you will be monitoring the social impact of the work and you will also oversee the financial viability of the business model. You will also be building an operating and business model that is scalable in other cities. You will be the spokesperson for the organisation, with a wide variety of stakeholders and you will liaise with and report to the Holding company in Europe.
• Financial: Reaching a positive operational result by end 2020 and improve financial reporting processes.
• Operations: Implementing a operational excellence program.
• Sales: With the successful implementation of the plant performance, sales should increase.
• Innovation: Overseeing the launch of new products and process improvements.
• Strategy: Implementing a medium-term strategy which gives direction and purpose to the organisation in Ghana.
• Data: Enhancing a data driven culture within the organisation, which will enable properly informed decision making and impact monitoring.
• People: Creating a positive culture that supports the goals of the business. To develop and train a strong team.
• Stakeholder management and Business development: Representing the Ghana office and actively engaging with the many organisations and government representatives. Explore opportunities and lay the ground to further replicate the service model in other parts in Ghana.
• Process management and Reporting: Ensure reporting tools and platforms are utilized and and that reporting deadlines are respected by the team.
1. To ensure good HR policies are developed, practiced and documented in a staff handbook;
2. To manage all staff and staff administration according to the agreed policies, including recruitment and staff performance;
3. To meet all Ghanaian rules and regulations regarding employment, and occupational health and safety;
4. To encourage professional development programmes for all staff;
5. To prepare a monthly Management Report;
6. To organise weekly staff and management meetings;
7. To make sure that ICT and information systems are regularly maintained and working at all times.
1. To lead the development of the company’s strategy for Ghana together with the local team and the European branch;
2. To represent the company in meetings with Ministries, other government agencies, NGO’s and the private sector in Ghana with the aim to expand the business to new locations in Ghana;
3. To build strategic partnerships and to manage formal partnership agreements with government agencies, corporates, educational institutions and NGO’s;
1. To develop an annual operating budget plan and budget, together with the MD, for approval by the board
2. To oversee the work of the Finance Manager and report monthly on the finances
3. To manage the income and expenditures
4. To ensure accounts are prepared for an annual audit
5. To make recommendations to the MD for best asset management
6. To manage, procure and dispose of all the company's assets, for example the vehicles.
Innovation, Project Management and R&D
● Define the goals and deliverables that support local and international business, together with senior management and stakeholders.
● To finalize projects according to strict deadlines and budgets
● Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
● Organise project management meetings
● Monitor contractual compliance
● Developing lessons learnt and defining the steps to be taken after the project is finished.
Essential skills and experience
● Senior business development and programme background, preferably in sanitation engineering, environmental engineering, agriculture or similar sectors.
● Strong preference in managing teams in developing emerging markets
● Minimum of 8 years senior management experience
● Strong leadership and team building qualities and contributing to a positive team culture.
● Experience with performance management matrix
● Excellent communication skills both orally and written. Experience in building relationships at senior levels of businesses and governments.
● Strong work ethic
● Highly organized, problem solver and results driven
● Focused, decisive and attention to detail
● Good interpersonal skills
● Pro-active nature
● Financially literate
● Innovative and flexible
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Senior Recruiter & Head-Hunter for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the African recruitment space and a passion for recruitment head-hunting and/or executive search? Have you placed candidates across the continent? Do you love pampering your clients and making sure they hire the best professionals in the field? Do you go the extra mile? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Recruiter / head-hunter / executive search specialist with full cycle experience, to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As our new team member, you are responsible for:
• Taking on new assignments, obtained by our sales crew
• Conducting a thorough briefing with the client on the organisation and role(s)
• Advising the client on the options and introduce inventive ways to look at the process
• Managing online outings and timelines together with our content manager
• Taking on the search and selection process, using existing and upcoming ways of finding talent
• Conduction (mostly online) interviews and writing interview reports
• Proposing of shortlists to the client
• Support the hiring and onboarding process with the client
• Close the assignment
• After care on both the candidates and the clients
• Helping designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
• Collaborating with the sales and management team
• Proven work experience as an international Recruiter in Africa (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter), with experience in multiple sectors
• Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
• Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
• Familiarity with Candidate Management Systems (CMS) and Linkedin recruiter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
Personality we are looking for:
• Independent worker, that loves to be part of a growing team and company
• Thrives on successes, pushing for placements
• Friendly nature, keeping your calm when things move slow
• Has to be flexible, not everything always goes the way we want it to go
• Show initiative, there is lots to be taken on and streamlined
• A fixed basic salary plus incentives at successful placement
• Flexibility, you can work from home and / or our office in Johannesburg
• A very challenging and demanding job with a great lifestyle!!
Sales Representative for JobnetAfrica , South Africa
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Africa? Are you a great networker? Do you love sales and developing business? Do you love traveling and working independently? Are the answers to these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Sales Representative to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for gaining new accounts as well as managing existing accounts. To create an active sales pipeline, you analyze the market and determine new opportunities. You actively hunt for new clients and build positive and lasting relationships with them by developing an in-depth understanding of their industry and recruitment needs.
The new colleague we are looking for:
• Has a sparkling personality, is a master networker and is passionate about cold calling and sales,
• Does NOT need previous experience in recruitment, selling of services is a pre
• Loves traveling and exploring new areas (6x per year)
• Has a vast international network in Africa or a part of Africa,
• Is an independent worker and is self-driven,
• Has an network within an international environment,
• French is a pre, but no must
• Has SA nationality or valid work permit
• A strong (recruitment) brand name,
• An extensive pan-African network of clients and candidates (40.000+ international professionals),
• An international team
• Working in Johannesburg at our office and from home
• Full time / part time / flexible working options,
• High pace work environment combined with great lifestyle!
• Excellent financial structure with variable component
JobnetAfrica will give you the opportunity to fully focus on sales / networking and rapidly build a sustainable income for yourself. You can hit the ground running!
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica lifestyle!