For the upcoming LINKS programme in Northern Nigeria, Mott MacDonald is looking for a Team Leader.
About the programme
The LINKS Programme will result in increased income of GBP 3 million in northern Nigeria, with specific challenging targets for women and people living with disability through new jobs, farming incomes and self-employment opportunities, including the creation of 100,000 jobs. The programme will work primarily in the three northern states of Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa. The value chains with the highest potential are identified as agriculture, renewable energy and renewable off-grid power solutions and ICT. This programme is the successor of GEMS, which has been a successful DFID intervention. The LINKS programme will be implemented for 7 years.
Job description of the Team Leader
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
• Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the program, including leading the strategic planning, implementation and reporting.
• Overall programme management, including people management and oversight of progress
• Stakeholder management, and acting as the principal point of contact with program and technical staff, government partners, private sector, service providers
• Design, develop and implement strategies and project work plans
• Lead the process of collecting, synthesising and disseminating clear information through technical reports as well as regular progress reports.
• Communicate effectively with other projects, donors, and other stakeholders for raising awareness about the program and for ensuring collaborative engagement
• Provide leadership for achieving programme results, targets and milestones as per the logical framework
Requirements for the Team Leader.
• Degree in economics, business, or related fields
• Experience of over 15 years in developing countries for private sector dev projects, ideally in Nigeria and the region, SSA
• Successfully delivered large complex, multi-year, multi-disciplinary DFID projects for business environment reform, investment climate reform, private sector development
• Successfully delivered results for women’s economic empowerment, inclusion of the youth
• Deep understanding of constraints to the private sector in Nigeria, especially in the North
• Experience implementing DFID procedures, policies, and reporting requirements.
• Good understanding of the government economic policy, and experience of managing public private dialogue successfully
• Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments
• Oral, written, and spoken English fluency required
• Hausa competency desired
What we offer
Mott MacDonald is a well-established company in International development. We offer you a freelance, full-time position in Northern Nigeria. We offer a competitive fee rate and the chance to develop not only northern Nigeria, but also your own personal growth.
Are you interested in becoming a Team Leader in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Our client is a well recognized and established company in Tanzania dealing in a wide range of businesses. We are looking to recruit a key manager for its Rice Estate.
Post: Rice Farm Manager
With over 8000 acres of rice farmland available with systematic flood irrigation, our client is on search for a Rice Farm Manager. This position is responsible for overseeing all processes in rice production meaning from plantation to harvest.
This exciting opportunity is suited to candidates looking for a challenging but rewarding work environment. The ideal candidate should at a minimum have the following experience:
- At least ten years experience in large scale rice farm management.
- Proven ability of lowering cost of production without lowering yield expectations thus increasing profit.
- Ability to manage, train and develop other field officers in achieving projected targets on yield.
- Proven Experience in production costs and stock control.
1) Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as land preparation, sowing, transplanting, maintaining, irrigation, chemical and fertilizer application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
2) Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, storage and trading departments
3) Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
4) Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
5) Records information, such as production, farm management practices and prepares financial and operational reports.
6) Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
7) Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
8) Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
9) Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
10) Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
11) Advise on purchases of machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
12) Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers.
13) Enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
14) Evaluates financial statements and makes budget proposals.
15) Undertake general management of non production related matters of the farm like cleanliness, and organization.
16) Draw up a budget for expenses and compare periodically and take corrective actions
17) Explore and discuss ways to improve efficiency in all operations
18) Should be responsible for maintaining relationship with various stakeholders in the industry.
19) Responsible for all farm staffs locating, training, and supervision
20) Responsible for day-to-day farm operational decisions
21) Act as a leader within the company
22) Reports to the General Manager and Resident Director
We are looking for a candidate of a practical nature, good team player, has plenty of energy and is able to work under pressure. English speaking and good communication skills would be an advantage.
Work permit, relocation and housing allowance will be included in this package for a successful candidate.
Are you interested in becoming a Rice Farm Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position Description – Chief Executive Officer
Company Profile: The company is a US-based firm that builds software applications mainly for government customers, with a focus on data analytics. Headcount is 40; sales/marketing personnel are based in its US headquarters, and software development personnel are based in the Middle East. The company is backed by several venture capital funds.
Position Profile: The Chief Executive Officer leads the company’s senior management team, drives its corporate strategy, leads VC fundraising, and builds high-level relationships with investors and key partners. Specific responsibilities include:
• Leading the development of overall corporate culture and long-term business strategy.
• Leading the creation and implementation of the company’s annual strategic plan and operating budget.
• Developing new market entry/growth strategies and driving their execution across all corporate divisions.
Business Development/Public Relations
• Leading the sourcing and capture of high-level new business leads.
• Serving as the primary spokesperson for the company, and its main representative at industry events.
• Identifying new sources of equity/debt funding, building relationships with targets, and closing funding deals.
• Leading investor relations activities; serving as primary contact point for investors and high-level corporate partners.
• Working with the CFO to prepare annual budgets, risk analyses, growth forecasts, and profit optimization plans.
• Leading senior staff in ongoing monitoring, analysis and optimization of business unit performance, building on key KPIs and profit & revenue targets.
• Working with the CFO to implement annual audit activities in relevant jurisdictions.
• Leading, mentoring and motivating senior staff: Developing performance metrics/KPIs, providing ongoing coaching, and supporting professional development of staff members.
• Identifying skill/talent gaps at the senior management level, and leading recruitment for senior staff positions.
Required Skills & Experience
• 7+ years in a senior business role at a software company, including experience dealing with offshore operations
• Emerging market experience preferred, with a special preference for experience in the Middle East.
• Graduate degree in relevant field (MBA preferred).
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
• Familiarity with diverse business functions—from marketing, to PR, to finance.
• In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
• An entrepreneurial personality with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
• Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
Our client is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty.
The Ghana Country Office is currently searching for a qualified and self-driven candidate to lead a team of professionals in Ghana as Country Director and be part of the Global Leadership Team at the organisation.
The Country Director reports directly to the Vice President Africa Programs, providing high level oversight, strategic guidance and technical support to the Country Office. The ultimate goal of the position is to manage and grow the organization’s programming, to increase the quality, efficiency and long term impact of the program; and to promote and advocate for sustained high level engagement of government and civil society.
Job Responsibility #1: Communication and Representation (25% of Time):
• Represents organisation in strategic meetings, conferences, forums and other public events and contributes towards consolidating and raising the profile of the organisation.
• Develops and strengthens relationships with local organisations and networks and establishes national strategic relations and alliances with partners and civil society.
• Represents the organization in local media, promotes knowledge of programs, mandates and values amongst all stakeholders, potential partners and general public.
• Articulates concepts of Sport for Development (S4D) with confidence and authority.
• Facilitates donor visits, donor meetings, round table discussions and evaluations as necessary.
• Serves as the main local contact for all external stakeholders; develops and maintains links with relevant senior country representatives in donors, UN bodies, intergovernmental bodies, and other international NGOs.
• Promotes organizational identity and capacity to all stakeholders and partners and ensures the organisation remains relevant to the changing needs of disadvantaged people in the country.
• Ensures strong working relationships and collaborations with current and new partner organizations through regular correspondence, engagement, reporting and meetings.
• Supports preparation and hosting of strategic donor and organisations HQ visits and workshops.
• Ensures that the organisation regularly has its local registration as an INGO renewed and updated to changes in local policies.
Job Responsibility #2: Donor Stewardship and Fundraising (20% of Time):
• Assesses potential partners and partnerships; secures and stewards local funding opportunities and builds the relationships on the grounds that are needed to support donor cultivation.
• Keeps abreast of the trends within the donor environment in country and internationally.
• Be aware of the donor conditionality and monitor adherence to the same.
• Leads proposal development for prioritized funding opportunities, facilitates participation by key team members to produce winning submissions.
• Leads the development of proposals for expansion of new programs and the continuation of existing ones through coordinated efforts with organisations Program Office team, HQ Global Program Partnerships and National Offices.
• Represents the organisation to current or potential donors to secure and sustain funding, including government/institutional donors, corporate sector and foundations.
Job Responsibility #3: Program strategy Development and Implementation (15% of Time):
• Develops the strategic vision and direction of the program(s) in line with the strategic direction of the organsiation.
• Develops and manages the portfolio of program activities of the country in line with the organsiations strategic country plans and region and global vision.
• Ensures accountability of the organsiations activities at all levels through efficient and transparent use of program resources.
• Develops concept papers and proposals as necessary for expansion of new and existing programs, taking into consideration local conditions, donor knowledge and existing talent.
• Provides leadership for the dissemination of organisations Values, Vision and Mission at the Country Level.
• Keeps abreast of the social-economic and political changes in the environment and undertakes timely strategic review of the organisations program strategy ensuring continued relevance within the area of focus.
• Maintains close communication with Regional Office in relevant factors and changes in environment.
• Coordinates the production of timely quality programme reports in line with the organisation and donor requirements.
Job Responsibility #4: Program Financial Management, Quality and Reporting (15%):
• Provides oversight to all finance and administrative services in the Program.
• Oversees the country annual budget and monitors and verifies the program budgets in adherence to approved budgets and procedures.
• Ensures adequate mechanisms are in place for monthly & quarterly budget monitoring and reviews and minimizes significant expenditure variances.
• Ensures monthly & quarterly financial monitoring systems provide timely and relevant reports to country staff, including analysis and tracking of grant commitments and obligations.
• Oversees the effective implementation and compliance with the overall Finance & guidance Manual and compliance with procedures required by grant or contract agreement.
• Ensures all program staff have an understanding of financial and internal control systems, budget and work in compliance with the organsiations Finance policies, authorization level policies, procedures.
• Oversees the collation and timely submission of key technical, baseline, project evaluation, donor and other monitoring and evaluation related reports to donors, Regional Office and HQ as required. Oversees annual and project-specific audit processes within the Programs.
• Ensures that learning is regularly generated within all projects, documented and shared.
• Ensures all monthly, quarterly finance reports are accurate and submitted to RO/HQ in timely manner.
Job Responsibility #5: Human Resources Management, Capacity Building and Compliance (15% of Time):
• Oversees overall country HR management processes providing advice on the management of all staff to ensure that it’s carried out within the organsiations stated policies, practices and procedures as well as the country employment laws. Ensures that staff hire aims to high quality standards in terms of competencies, experience and character in order to drive the organization to excellence.
• Provides advice on the interpretation of policies, regulations and rules and supports the senior team in explaining rights and responsibilities to the staff.
• Coordinates regular reviews and updates of the country specific HR policies and procedures and ensures compliance with the overall HR manual and the national labour laws.
• Oversees and monitors efficiency and fairness of recruitment processes following the set organisations guidelines in coordination with the Regional and HQ office.
• Ensures all employees receive the appropriate orientation and understand the organisations structure, policies, processes and systems and the work required from them.
• Oversees the mentoring and training of staff to ensure that they have the appropriate skill levels for their positions and are developing to their full capacity.
• Ensures adequate implementation of the Performance Management System including performance work planning, reviews, appraisals and staff development.
• Leads, coaches and develops the senior team, ensures they are equipped with the required expertise at country level such as programmes, policy, advocacy and finance.
• Oversees staff compensation in line with approved budget and organisations compensation policy and approves the monthly payroll.
• Ensures that the country Senior Management Team is effective, mutually supporting and efficiently involved in decision making.
• Manages the exit of employees and ensures that information gathered during exit interviews are used for improvement.
• Responds to legal claims or investigations, seeking legal advice as appropriate.
Job Responsibility #6: Security, safety and welfare (5% of Time):
• Carries out risk, vulnerability and threat assessments as well as physical security assessments of all sites making prioritized recommendations for improvement through the Standard Operational Procedures and contingency plans, and follows through with approved recommendations until they are fully implemented.
• Liaises with local and regional officials, UN, NGO and other agencies regarding security issues in the planning, coordination, promotion of, and support for existing organisations projects.
• Ensures that Child Safeguarding and gender are integrated into all program and organizational risk assessments and budget and quality mitigation strategies are put in place.
• Ensures that staff, coaches, leaders and volunteers are aware of the Child Safeguarding and Gender Polices, receive adequate training, sign the Attestation of Commitment to Child Safeguarding Form and organisations Code of Conduct, and act in compliance with this policy.
Job Responsibility #7: Performs Other Duties (5% of Time):
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (must have):
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development studies or other related discipline.
10 years’ experience in a leadership role within a large or international organization working on strategic planning, quality improvement, project planning and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, human resources and financial management.
• Proven knowledge of program management tools and procedures.
• Proven knowledge of budgetary control and financial management, including ability to read and understand financial data.
• Proven experience in proposal development and report writing.
• Demonstrated computer skills especially in MS Office packages.
• Understanding of country laws and regulations.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Asset to have):
• Strong understanding of financial analysis
• Sport and play industry experience
• Strategic planning skills
• Leadership, influencing and managerial skills
• Ability to gain trust and secure donor funding
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors and community leaders
• Creativity and problem solving skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines
• Ability to travel in country and internationally.
• Ability to legally work in Ghana, without sponsorship.
Note: The successful candidate will be employed as a local staff member of Ghana. Compensation and benefits will follow the local package. This is not an international position.
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Employment Start Date: Immediately
Contract Duration: Long term engagement based on performance and availability of funds
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
The team in Sierra Leone has been engaged by the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MoHS) to support the health sector’s recovery in the wake of the devastating Ebola crisis and has evolved that support to a broader health system strengthening approach. This is a unique moment for Sierra Leone as global attention offers the country an opportunity to build a more resilient and robust health system. The MoHS has taken this opportunity to think strategically and ambitiously about their plans for the future and CHAI has supported these efforts--with a particular focus on dramatically improving the number, skill, and distribution of its health workforce across Sierra Leone. The national HRH Strategy 2017-2021 is currently being implemented and CHAI is supporting decentralization of HRH management, increasing rural retention, and developing continuous education plans, as well as increasing quality of training.
CHAI has been working with the Directorate of HRH of the MoHS and related agencies, such as the Health Services Commission and key HRH working groups, to assist the MoHS in:
-Clearly articulating HRH challenges;
-Generating data and analysis around the health workforce to inform decision-making and planning;
-Developing specific plans and policies in response to those needs;
-Improving data management processes and structures to enable informed decision-making on an ongoing basis.
The Senior Program Officer will report to the HRH Program Manager and will be an integral member of the CHAI Sierra Leone HRH team contributing to critical projects—especially the implementation of the Sierra Leone HRH Strategy 2017-2021. Because of the fluid nature of our work, specific responsibilities may change over time.
The Senior Program Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
-Create evidence needed to develop a long-term training plan for the health workforce and an action plan to increase rural retention of health workers—including design of data collection tools and analysis of different data sets
Health Workforce Financing
-Oversee work to strengthen health workforce financing by providing compelling evidence to advocate for increased allocations and presenting innovative mechanisms for improving health financing
-Collaborate with counterparts across relevant Ministries, including the MoHS Health Financing Unit, the office of the MoHS Permanent Secretary, the MoHS Directorate of Financial Resources, the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development Budget Bureau, the Accountant General’s Department, and other relevant stakeholders
-Strengthen the design of the national health insurance scheme, and support the roll out of the scheme, with a focus on implications for the health workforce and ongoing decentralization processes
Implementation of HRH Strategy 2017-2021
-Work alongside counterparts in districts to improve available evidence and decision-making for increased HR management decentralization
-Lead the costing of various interventions—including a resource mapping against the HRH Strategy 2017-2021
-Provide advice on evaluations of mentoring and preceptorship pilots to assess their effectiveness
-Support the resource mobilization efforts of the Directorate of Human Resource for Health
Data Systems and Research
-Support the integration of different information systems and provide assistance in using available information to support ongoing planning and decision-making
-Research and share knowledge on best practices relevant to building a resilient health workforce
Perform other tasks as necessary
The role will be based in Freetown, with potential travel to districts (maximum 10%).
CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic. We seek a highly committed and adaptable individual with a desire to be part of a team delivering quality results with limited resources. The individual must be able to function independently and flexibly in a swift manner. The ideal candidate will possess cultural sensitivity skills and demonstrate high emotional intelligence as they will be working closely government and external partners.
-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
-5+ years of relevant work experience
-Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently under minimal oversight
-Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity and work in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
-Proven ability to build relationships in cross-cultural contexts
-Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
-Ability to learn on the job quickly
-Ability to innovate and adapt for changing project needs
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and reports, as well as ability to communicate complex ideas to various stakeholders
-Ability to design approaches to collect data, and analyze complex datasets to draw conclusions
-Experience living and/or working in the Global South
-Familiarity with global health issues
-High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
-Familiarity with costing and budgeting, including for large projects
-Background in management or strategy consulting, or other fast-paced private sector experience
-Experience advising senior Government stakeholders
-Knowledge of Krio
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease, strengthening integrated health systems and expanding access to care and treatment in the developing world. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for treatment; accelerating access to lifesaving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs. For more information, visit us at: www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
Vaccination is widely acknowledged as one of the most cost-effective and focused disease interventions. In addition, the unprecedented wave of new vaccines expected over the next decade has the potential to dramatically reduce the global burden of disease.
In 2013, CHAI launched a new vaccine program in Uganda to apply the expertise it has developed through global and other country vaccine teams to the Immunization landscape in Uganda. The CHAI Uganda team works closely with UNEPI (Ugandan National Extended Programme on Immunization) within the Ministry of Health and the national medical logistics provider, National Medical Stores; across four main focus areas which include improving management effectiveness and efficiency in the program management structure and approach within UNEPI, drive cold chain expansion and improvement, enhance forecasting, procurement and stock management processes and facilitate new vaccines introduction.
1. Monitoring & Evaluation System Development and Implementation
Lead the development of the overall CHAI Uganda vaccines framework for program Monitoring and Evaluation in accordance to the program Monitoring and Evaluation plan
Identify the requirements for collecting evaluation data, prepare terms-of-reference and scope of work for and conduct evaluative surveys at baseline, midterm and end line, as required
Oversee and implement Monitoring and Evaluation activities including training of enumerators, developing M and E budgets, supervision of data collection processes, and conducting analyses.
Support program team to analyze and synthesize assessment results, including contributing to drafting internal and external reports, briefs, and presentations
Support Program staff with effective tools and methodologies for planning, monitoring and reporting.
Ensure that Monitoring and Evaluation information and resources are current, available for staff, and widely disseminated;
Promote a results-based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts.
Foster participatory planning and monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholder groups in Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
Monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations
2. Learning, reporting and documentation
Track program indicators and coordinate timely and appropriate reporting ensuring submission of ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned.
Provide advice and guidance on programmatic adjustments to be responsive to the changing environment and ensure program results.
Facilitate exchange of experiences by supporting and coordinating participation in any existing networks or forums sharing common objectives.
Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics or a related field
At least 3 -5 years of work experience. Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation designing studies are an added advantage
Advanced proficiency in computer packages such as Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with statistical analysis packages such as STATA , EPI info, etc are an added advantage
Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills
Demonstrated capacity to synthesize data into an effective presentation of results for a variety of audiences
Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make linkages between interventions and programs
Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and set priorities
Ability to work collaboratively across multiple program teams with various priorities and deliverables
Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment with maximum efficiency and impact
Master’s degree in Public Health, Economics, Business or related field
Experience in Consulting firm.
Voor een van s' werelds grootste ICT dienstverlener o.a. gevestigd in Johannesburg Zuid Afrika, zijn wij op zoek naar ICT Klantenservice Medewerkers.
De werkzaamheden bestaan uit het effectief en klantvriendelijk afhandelen van vragen over computerproblemen van kantoormedewerkers van een Nederlandse bank. Momenteel is onze opdrachtgever op zoek naar medewerkers die zowel de Nederlandse als de Engelse taal zeer goed beheersen. Na een gedegen training ga je aan de slag op een van de projecten van onze opdrachtgever als Helpdesk Medewerker. Je doet relevante buitenlandse werkervaring op terwijl je woont in een van de mooiste landen ter wereld!
- Je bent serieus en houdt van avontuur
- Je bent klantgericht en beschikt over goede contactuele eigenschappen
- Je beheerst de Nederlandse taal uitstekend (schrijven en spreken)
- Je spreekt vloeiend Engels
- Je bent bereid om minimaal een jaar in Zuid-Afrika te wonen
- Je bent bij voorkeur direct beschikbaar
- Voor onze opdrachtgever, een wereldwijd opererende ICT-marktleider, die haar Servicedesk in Zuid-Afrika heeft gevestigd, zijn wij op zoek naar kandidaten die vanuit Zuid-Afrika kantoormedewerkers telefonisch ondersteuning bieden bij het oplossen van hun computerproblemen.
- Een professionele werkomgeving bij een gerenommeerd bedrijf
- Een uitgebreid trainingsprogramma
- Werkvergunning wordt geregeld
- Je wordt geholpen met het vinden van huisvesting
- Retourticket wordt vergoed
- Marktconform salaris 10.700 Rand bruto (ca. 9.425 Rand netto)
Are you interested in becoming a Help Desk Agent in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.