Head of Sales in East Africa , East Africa
Our client is a large organization active in business services in the health sector around the world.
As a Head of sales you own your region, develop your strategy and execute this. For this role the region is defined as East-Africa. You can imagine, two days hardly ever look the same. A typical day might include the following:
Building relations within your markets to develop concrete business opportunities and create new sales leads
Set everything aside to close a deal.
prepare presentations & proposals
building a healthy pipeline and execute on it in order to close your deals
Review and adapt your regional strategy to maximize results
Finish a quote before the deadline while following internal processes
What skills do you need?
Do you have 5 years of experience in sales and you have strong commercial, networking and negotiation skills? Great start! That’s essential for the role.
Do you also have a healthcare background?
Finally if you are a driven by closing business and get excited by exceeding your sales, you might just be the perfect fit.
You will love this job if you…
Love sales and get motivated by working with targets
Are well-organised in following up on your sales leads
Nurture relations and enjoy developing them
Are triggered by the opportunity to map and adapt our sales strategy
Feel in your natural habitat at networking events and in presentation rooms
Have a strong sense of accountability and like to be empowered
Like to work independently, but also value the input of others
Can cope with the stress of deadlines and taking decisions in unexpected situations
Are agile and enjoy adapting to an ever changing environment
Our client can offer you…
A challenging job in an international and diverse context
Trust to fill in this position in your personal way and to the best of your abilities
A dynamic team and sounding board, a director who will mentor and coach you
An attractive salary and extra-legal benefits
A challenging job in an international and growing enterprise
Market-related salary conditions
A dynamic, young and entrepreneurial company culture that values and stimulates initiative, thrives on success and truly understands the concept of the lifetime value of a client
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Sales in East Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sales Representative in South Africa , South Africa
The Sales Representative will report to the sales manager.
Key Performance areas:
Develop and support the sales of the whole company portfolio in the central region in together with the existing team)
Visit and support key accounts
Maximize the support to end customers and distributors both B2B and Business to farm
Analyse competitors, customer requirements and recognize market trends and developments
Develop new business opportunities with existing and new customers
Develop area plans
Active credit control
Organize sales, marketing, technical and administrative support
One of these qualifications would be preferred: Animal nutrition, Commercial or Agricultural
5 years’ experience in a sales environment preferably within the Animal nutrition industry
Knowledge in an animal nutrition plant would be an advantage
Intermediate PC and keyboard knowledge with strong skills in spreadsheet and word processing packages
Excellent Communication skills (both verbal and written)
Attention to detail
Customer services orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Representative in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Supervisory Board Directors , Uganda
The Supervisory Board
Our client has a two-tier board structure in accordance to a European corporate governance framework, with a Supervisory Board (non-executive) and Management Board (executive). The Supervisory Board is responsible for supervising the Management Board’s activities in developing and implementing the business strategy and managing the principle risks associated with it. The Supervisory Board supervises the policies carried out by the management board and the general affairs of the company, with focus on the effectiveness of the company’s internal risk management and control systems and the integrity and quality of the financial reporting.
The Supervisory Board Directors shall always act independently and in the best interests of the company, and to that end, shall weigh the relevant interests of all the company’s stakeholders, including clients, staff and shareholders. The Chair of the Supervisory Board works with the CEO to set the agenda of the Supervisory Board meetings and chairs the meeting, stimulating and open and balanced discussion. Their role is to make sure that supervision and support are effective, proactive and constructive, based on a deep understanding of the company, its customers and the business environment.
The supervisory board will be expected to self-evaluate its own performance and that of its committees on an annual basis on the following four categories:
i. Strategy and business;
ii. Monitoring and risk management;
iii. Board dynamics and processes; and
iv. Composition and diversity.
We are seeking three new Directors for the Supervisory Board, including the role of the Chair.
We are seeking to create a strong and effective Supervisory Board with experience and track record in the African renewable energy sector, relevant subject matter expertise and corporate governance. Between the three positions, we are looking for the following key characteristics:
Direct experience in the renewable energy sector, preferably in Africa, either in an operational role or as an investor / lender role in the sector
Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably East Africa
Strong credit management expertise and experience
Relevant qualifications and experience in Finance and Accounting to Chair the company's Audit Committee (sub-committee of the Supervisory Board)
Experience with strategic sale, corporate financing structures / SPVs
Experience with early stage companies and leading change management / transition programmes
Strong commercial mindset, with experience in building profitable businesses
Ugandan or regional candidates with the relevant business networks are strongly preferred especially if based in the region or willing to spend time in country to be closer to the management
Focus on safety, ethics and compliance
Prior experience as a Board Director; ideally with knowledge of corporate governance framework and demonstrated ability to apply corporate governance principles in Board roles (For the Chair role, >10 years C suite / Board Chair experience preferred)
Experience of working with multi-cultural teams
Strong inter-personal skills, ability to constructively challenge and support the management team
We are committed to create a diverse and inclusive Board and would welcome applications from candidates who bring gender and cultural diversity to the Board.
You are committed to building commercially sustainable businesses to address the energy challenge in Africa. You can think strategically and look at the bigger picture, but at the same time bring a sense of urgency to get things done. You encourage open and constructive debate but can prioritise decisions and actions. You will hold people accountable to deliver on their commitments. People love to work with you because you are candid, positive and respectful. You are resilient, can adapt to changes and used to working in challenging business environments.
What to expect
The Supervisory Board meets in person usually in Kampala (or Nairobi) every quarter, typically over 1.5 days. In additional to the formal Board meeting (typically a full day) this may include strategy sessions, subject matter sessions, Board committee meetings, wider staff engagements and field visit.
In addition, there is a monthly call (60-90 minutes) to review business performance and progress against business plan targets.
As part of the onboarding process, you will be expected to spend 2-3 days in Uganda in the headquarters and in the field to get acquainted with the market, the company and the team.
You may also be expected to Chair or participate in relevant committees or working groups.
There may be periods of heightened activity when you may have to join additional calls or meetings (eg around fund raising activities)
The appointment is for a period of two years, with the option to extend.
The company compensated the costs of travel and accommodation and offers and appropriate remuneration for your time.
Head of Sustainability and Specialty Cocoa , Ivory Coast
The Head of Sustainability and Specialty Cocoa Africa plays an axial role in the growth of the company’s cocoa business. Starting in Ivory Coast the manager will develop and execute the company’s Sustainability and Specialty Strategy as per below in Africa. Growing opportunities for the candidate are projects in Latin America as well as managing the Marketing & Sales of the global program as well.
The company aims to create a professional sustainability program that is capable of designing, implementing and monitoring the sustainability and specialty cocoa projects. Most of the sourced cocoa in Africa will be sourced as sustainable and or specialty cocoa.
The company defines sustainable cocoa as cocoa which is traceable and has verifiable social and ecological impact in the cocoa supply chain, mainly for the producers and producing countries. The company defines specialty cocoa as cocoa which is opted for by the company's clients for its consistent taste and/or that it is grown organically.
Reports to Director/Management
General and financial management
• Jointly with the Head of Sourcing and the Director further develop the Strategy.
• Build and manage an organization/team in Africa to implement the Strategy.
• Ensure professional and accurate project and overhead budgeting, financial management as well as financial and qualitative and quantitative reporting according to internal requirements and in compliance with 3rd parties/partners and subsidy/donor and/or client requirements.
• Set up project documents and agreements, including governance structures, project policy, regulations, monitoring and evaluation policies etc. to ensure successful implementation of the Strategy.
• Ensure project management (control) processes, implementation and reporting are in line with the company’s, local authority’s, partner’s and client’s compliance and quality standards.
• Find, assess, select and cooperate with project partners, including farmer groups, suppliers and exporters, and projects in line with the Strategy.
• Benchmark projects both with other projects within the network and with the industry practices and experiences, to assure that the projects and methodologies of partners and the company itself are constantly being assessed and improved and are at least in line with the peer group and general industry standards.
• Establish a detailed database and an efficient Monitoring and Evaluation System.
Relationship management and reporting
• Ensure that the Strategy supports general and client specific certifications and requirements and meet/exceed expectations of third-party stakeholders, mainly clients.
• Represent the company towards cocoa sustainability and specialty organisations, (N)GO’s and initiatives in Africa
• Establish and implement a model for stakeholder relationship management and partnership protocols and processes.
• Establish, develop and maintain a strong network of stakeholders and important (non) government and technical partners, all involved in the sustainable and specialty cocoa supply chain.
• Connect the projects with clients and vice versa, jointly with Trade and Origin Management.
• Report/Communicate program and project information and progress both internally and externally, with the aim to create awareness (both internal and external) and interest by potential clients as well as to ensure that the positioning is perceived as such by the cocoa market and interested parties.
• Arrange, jointly with the Management, the funding of overhead and projects. The funding includes capital provided by financial institutions, (N) GO’s, clients, other 3rd parties and the company itself.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in sustainability, international development, agriculture, natural resources management, business administration or another tropical agriculture-related field or equivalent 5-year business experience.
• First-hand knowledge of the concepts of sustainable agriculture and knowledge of tropical commodity buying.
• Understanding of business and value chains and experience in working with companies as well as farmers.
• Demonstrated experience in project management, including in managing budgets, project management experience within NGOs preferred.
• Prior cocoa, or other soft/agricultural, industry knowledge is an advantage, moreover in Specialty Cocoa.
• Negotiation, influencing and leadership skills with government, industry and institutional stakeholders.
• Program design and implementation in rural settings, especially in Africa.
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage remote staff in developing countries.
• Effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, with ability to operate efficiently in multi-institutional and cultural relationships, and to communicate with farmers, government ministers, donor representatives and/or company executives.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, assess priorities and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
• Administrative efficiency, with ability to track project progress and prepare timely reports, and competence in main computer software programs.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and French. Fluency in other languages would be advantageous.
• Understands cocoa certification programs.
• Passionate and ambitious
• Self-starter driven with a pro-active and can-do attitude
• Accurate in planning and organizing
40 hours per week.
Based in Abidjan with regular upcountry and rest of Africa travels.
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Sustainability and Specialty Cocoa in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Development Manager (Mandarin speaking) , Central Africa
Our client is a global logistics service provider with offices in Europe and in Africa. They deliver solution driven logistics services.
For their African offices they are looking for a Mandarin speaking candidate to help them develop business specially in the Copper mines in Zambia and DRC.
* Experience and network in logistics and / or mining
* Africa experience, preferably in the Coppermine area in Zambia and Congo
* Minimum of 10 yrs. experience in sales and / or business development
* Extensive traveling
* Attractive package
* Long term perspective, even with options to grow into General or Country Management
* Live and work in Congo, Zambia or South Africa
Do you feel like you are this candidate? Please apply through the link 'Apply Now' and one of our team members will get back to you.
CEO in Uganda , Uganda
The CEO designs a plan and leads the execution of the plan to lead the company to sustainable profitability. The CEO is successful when he/she has built an efficient team of leaders, that can work together to successfully design and execute a winning strategy for the company.
Reporting to the Supervisory Board, the CEO builds a sustainable foundation for profitable growth. Once proven in its home market, the organizational capacity has been built to successfully expand into new markets.
Key Profile priorities
• Proven Leadership experience ideally at C-level
• Turnaround / restructuring experience incl. change Management
• Strong commercial experience and track record
• Stakeholder Management (shareholders, lenders, public/government, etc)
• Experience of doing business in Uganda with local networks, preferably Ugandan national
• Experience in start-up environment an advantage
CEO JOB SPECIFICATIONS
1. The Role
a. Reporting to the Supervisory Board, the CEO is Responsible for the overall leadership of the Organization to lead the company to profitability and ensure a viable sustainable profitable business
a. Implementation of the strategic plan and business model to ensure the viability of the company and is subsidiaries
b. Leadership of the operating and functional units to ensure achievement of the plan
c. Ensuring the company remains competitive in the market place through continuous optimization and innovation
d. Continuous improvement of operational process and cost efficiencies
e. Annual plan formulation and setting and alignment with stakeholders.
f. The key point of contact with Shareholders, lenders, Grant Funders and Donors
g. Regular (monthly) Reporting to the Supervisory Board on company performance
3. Experience and Qualifications required
a. Strong/empathetic leader able to inspire an organisation to deliver the plan
b. Proven experience in leading a larger organisation, preferably at C-Level
c. Proven experience in having restructured or re modelled a business
d. Track record in driving cultural and leadership change
e. Strong Commercial experience with a delivery track record of growth
f. Proven experience in managing an organization in developing markets and driving growth in markets with low income customer base
g. Proven experience in having optimized costs and operating efficiencies
h. Proven experience in having driven and led a low-cost sourcing and procurement policy
i. Solid Understanding of financial instruments, Micro financing and debt equity management
j. Demonstrates tight cash and working capital leadership
k. Strong Stakeholder Management Skills, incl. Shareholders, lenders, Government institutions, donors
l. Strong preference would be for someone with experience in start-up environment
m. Preference would be for someone who has led an electric or component marketing organization
n. Masters or degree in Business/commercial/Financial management
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director in Liberia , Liberia
The Managing Director (MD) is the primary leader in this location.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Demonstrating on a daily basis ‘what good looks like’.
• He/she will be the chief local custodian of the company culture and the company's Way of Working.
• Managing and owning the P&L, the MD is expected to openly embrace challenges with a problemsolving mindset and to unlock the full potential of the organization by relentlessly developing its people.
• The MD is expected to be a LEAN leader that continuously strives to make the company the best in class operator through standardization and sharing of best practice globally in an inclusive, transparent manner.
• Furthermore, the MD is the chief stakeholder manager of the entity, ensuring productive and positive relations with all relevant stakeholders such as customers, governmental agents, regulatory authorities and labor unions, with a visible presence on the ground with both employees and customers and a high degree of intimacy.
• Finally, the MD is the primary enabler of global company standards within a local context and acts as the entity’s chief safety owner, leader and ambassador.
Behaviors and attributes:
• Health, safety, security & environment – Understands and actively embeds HSE as a value, by taking collective and individual responsibility for driving HSSE improvement. Has integrated HSSE into business making processes and programs and understands their impact and influence on risk management. Demonstrates accountability by engaging and supporting the workforce to learn from incidents and remains fully and emotionally involved and engaged in HSE every day.
• Drives vision & purpose – Demonstrates a deep-seated and consistent perseverance to deliver on the overarching vision and goals of our company. Shows strong belief in and sense of ownership of that vision. Thinks and acts at an enterprise level and infuses day-to-day leadership and communication with same. Actively drives engagement across all layers of the organization by instilling a fundamental sense of purpose, starting with the question of ‘why’ we do what we do as a business.
• Drives business performance – Relentlessly and continuously ensures that the business strives for excellence, by ensuring that customers receive excellent service and all employees embrace excellence in all of their activities and deliverables. Shows ongoing drive for efficiencies and improvements in all parts of the business, by consistently linking ‘Way of Working’ to solve/deliver business priorities and objectives, as well as leveraging all elements and tools of the ‘Way of Working’ to drive a business system that is indistinguishable from ‘normal’ functional activities. Always acts responsibly and with full accountability towards shareholders in terms performance and return on invested capital.
• Customer orientation – Exhibits a ‘customer first’ attitude in all decisions and considerations, with the ultimate aim of whatever we do must be good for our customers. Strives to deeply understand expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers, and weaves this into daily operations and initiatives.
• Critical thinking – Displays a sense of ongoing curiosity about the world, both inside and outside the company, with the expectation to ‘learn and share something new’ every day. Questions established patters of operation and shows a continuous ‘drive for improvement’ and goes to Gemba by default. Evaluates multiple approaches to a problem by applying structured problemsolving skills and drives a consistent problem-solving culture through Kaizen methodology.
• Collaboration – Drives a collaborative approach across all levels and functions of the organization and builds effective teams. Actively builds bridges and counters silo thinking and demonstrates how to make a matrix organization work well. Advocates a culture of reaching out across teams and departments to ask for best practice to find solutions.
• Instills trust – Demonstrates ongoing integrity in words and actions, as well as deep selfawareness. Stays true to fundamental values and philosophy of our company. In spite of strategic adjustments, never compromises strategic and corporate principles, values and ethics.
• Situational adaptability – Demonstrates a mindset of flexibility and agility, while not losing sight of the overall goal and underlying purpose. Has the ability to anticipate and overcome setbacks and unexpected new developments, and to persevere with regards to longer term objectives.
• People orientation – Actively develops talent and values differences in people. Displays a ‘coaching mindset’ in all conversations with subordinates. Focuses on asking the right questions to trigger deeper thinking and learning. Fosters a culture of proposing solutions to problems out of own initiative and reflection, and continuously gives and solicits timely constructive feedback in a structured manner. Holds leaders in his organization accountable to the same leadership philosophy.
• Influencing – Shows ability to find common ground and purpose with different parties and actors and distilling meaning for every participant. Actively drives necessary change and secures buy-in
from all relevant stakeholders, with and without immediate authority. Exhibits an attitude of humility and curiosity toward other people’s opinions, beliefs and experiences. Consults widely and does not pretend to have all the answers. Practices active listening skills and expects the same from leaders in his/her organization.
• Inspiring – Displays an ability to make sense of the world through storytelling and demonstrates ‘wholehearted leadership’ that includes publicly sharing personal failures and tribulations, and how those have been overcome. Ensures that all layers of the organization are continuously reminded about the overarching purpose and links all initiatives and engagements back to the same purpose. Exhibits the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and to effectively tailor the message depending on the audience. Practices active two-way communication in all forums and situations.
• Cultivates Innovation – Shows an attitude of openness and curiosity to new technology and its benefits. Displays ‘early adopter’ attributes and proactively stays up-to-date on technology developments. Leverages the opportunities in automation and digitization to continuously improve processes and efficiencies.
• External focus – Demonstrates a ‘from the outside in’ mentality and outlook on business. Proactively keeps up-to date on current political, social and economic events and developments and reflects upon implications for the business. Preempts the impact of external developments by timely strategic/tactical adjustments.
• Performance management – Has a thorough grounding in operational performance management and corporate governance, by virtue of having had full leadership responsibility for an organizational unit.
• Commercial – Ideally has had exposure to a functional commercial role (CCO, Head of Sales etc.) or played a leading role in a strategic commercial project. Has held/led customer-facing positions and/or projects in the past.
• Working in a matrix – Worked in a matrix organization, having both ‘solid’ and ‘dotted’ reporting lines. Has successfully managed projects and strategic initiatives across different functions, brands, business units and/or geographies.
• Stakeholder management – Experience in managing a diverse and potentially adverse set of stakeholders, such as port authorities, regulatory authorities, governmental agents, unions, international organizations etc.
• Relevant industry experience – Prior exposure and/or in port management/operations, shipping, transportation, freight forwarding and/or logistics.
• Non-industry experience – Has some work experience from and/or exposure to outside the industry, such as FMCG, oil & gas, regulatory authorities etc.
• Working across cultures – Has had significant work experience outside home country and/or immediate cultural context.
• Leadership experience – Has significant successful leadership experience, including both ‘leading individual contributors’ and ‘leading other leaders’. Project management experience is an added asset.
• People development experience – Has successfully developed own successor in one of previous roles.
• Strategy development and execution – Has taken lead in successful development and execution of a long-term strategic initiative.
• Working in complex ownership structures – Leadership experience in an entity with complex ownership structured such as joint ventures, public-private partnerships etc., and has successfully navigated the stakeholder landscape.
Functional skills and requirements:
• Lean – Should have a grounding in tools of Lean academy level 1 (minimum) or 3.3 (ideal). Has the ability to leverage basic problem-solving tools and facilitate discussions to generate improvements and solution (D.I.V.E.). Has thorough grounding in and end-to-end understanding of Operating Systems.
• Operations management – Knowledge of and experience in managing of port- and container related processes and has led significant improvement initiatives in same.
• Negotiation – Should possess solid negotiation skills, and a track record of successfully concluding negotiations and resolving conflicts with high stakes. Displays proactive conflict resolution skills.
• Compliance – Awareness of ongoing business and operational risks. Has played an instrumental role in identifying and addressing past compliance issues, and has actively driven risk management strategies and processes, as well as non-compliance investigations.
• Financial understanding – Has a thorough grounding in fundamentals of business finance (financial data, financial statements, cash management, banking, planning, budgets, profitability, solvency, liquidity etc.).
• Strategic planning – Has led strategy development and execution initiatives in the past.
• Commercial planning – Prior exposure to launching a new product into the marketplace and/or has played leading role in developing plans to ensure operations are in place to handle distribution and feedback from customers.
• Media – Previous successful interaction with various forms of media (TV, print, social media etc.) and has built a solid skill set in terms of adequately and concisely communicating with media representatives, without compromising business interests.
• Change leadership – Is familiar with common change leadership frameworks (Kotter etc.) and has successfully led strategic change initiatives in the past through all critical stages.
• Mentoring and coaching – Has acted as a mentor to junior employees in the past and is an experienced practitioner of established coaching models (especially GROW, High Performing Teams etc.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Head of Sales for East Africa , Kenya
Our client is a fast-growing technology company delivering solutions to agribusinesses in emerging markets.
1. To lead the development and retention of new and existing clients in the agribusiness industry in East Africa.
2. Engage in industry building spaces to raise the commercial profile of the company brand and expand commercial network and partnerships.
3. Grow the existing distribution partnerships to increase the scope and reach of the company's commercial activity in East Africa.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Strongly motivated and knowledgable individual that is passionate about agriculture.
2. Degree in business, marketing or related topic. Advanced degree an advantage.
3. 5+ years experience in agribusiness or cold chain logistics in East Africa, particularly in Kenya, and/or
4. 5+ years experience in sales and marketing and B2B sales of technology or services in the East Africa region, particularly Kenya.
5. Strong presentation and communication ability and the ability to communicate with C-Suite level clientele.
6. Fluency in English and a working knowledge of Swahili is an advantage.
7. Experience in commercial work in multiple countries in East Africa.
- Full time role based in Nairobi
- Contract will be base pay and commission
- Full drivers license and having a vehicle is an advantage
- Travel outside of Nairobi and around the region at least 25% of time
- This vacancy is open to Kenyan nationals and internationals that have a valid work permit or permanent residency in Kenya
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Sales for East Africa based in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are you looking for international jobs in Africa? JobnetAfrica is the most reliable website for international professionals that are looking for careers in Africa. Are you looking for jobs in Africa or have you worked here before? Our platform is available for everyone who would like to live and work in one of the beautiful parts of Africa. Please have a look at our international jobs for expats in Africa.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our jobs in Africa. We leave nobody in the unknown and contact everyone who has taken time to approach us. Upload your profile on our website and make sure you do not miss out on any of your dream jobs in Africa!