EHS Manager in Ghana , Ghana
Purpose of the role
This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of cooperate environment, health and safety programs and regulatory compliance, within the cocoa buying stations and district warehouses to ensure effective and proactive programs are in place to enable the business to achieve a zero incident safety culture.
We are looking for candidates with an experience within a food processing and manufacturing environment.
The EHS Manager:
• Is accountable for training and educating employees and contractors on environment, health and safety policies and procedures to ensure the development of a sustainable EHS program and continual improvement.
• Will ensure that safety equipment and apparatus are fully operational and are fit for use.
• will investigate, report and evaluate environmental and safety complaints and incidents in line with Corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Management of security at the cocoa buying stations and district warehouses.
• Responsible for the daily operation of the security personnel assigned by the security service provider.
• improve awareness and understanding, and be accountable for measuring and ensuring compliance with internal and external regulatory laws and requirements. Present annual EHS plans, goals, objectives and results.
• Plan, coordinate and monitor environmental and industrial hygiene surveys, risk assessments and studies to discover and determine hazards/risks that may affect stakeholders safety. Reduce our environmental footprint within the community.
• Oversees the implementation of required training and performance management systems. Assist management to assess current environmental, safety and health program needs and any other assigned duties.
• Provide guidance to security contract staff and organize quarterly meetings with security service provider on performance of guards and other issues with the security service provider. Manage security breaches (stealing, trespassing, drunkenness, unsafe behaviour and unsafe equipment from third parties.
Are you interested in becoming an EHS Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Senior Finance Manager in Kenya , Kenya
Senior Finance Manager (6 months contract)
The Senior Finance Manager performs all aspects of financial management, management and regulatory financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, researching accounting policies, issued and effective IFRS for BitPesa entities, in different jurisdictions and in multi-currencies. He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making. The responsibilities also include ensuring monthly & annual tax and statutory reports are submitted in time, manage external audits exercise, and ad hoc projects. The role will also support business partnering and development initiatives.
This is a temporary position, with a duration of 6 months, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Maintain complete books of records for the parent and subsidiaries entities reviewing all bookings and journals passed in the accounting software.
- Oversee Senior Finance Associate in book keeping and accounting functions relating to client transaction, treasury trades across entities in multi-currencies.
- Responsible for general ledger management, balance sheet account reconciliations and accounting controls for posting to the accounting software across entities.
- Provide oversight on treasury and bank statement reconciliation, reconciliation approval in multiple currencies across different countries of operations.
- Provide oversight on month end work plan, coordination, timeline management and finance/accounting concerns.
- Oversee the preparation of month end PnL, balance sheet and cashflow statement, translations and consolidation.
- Review and oversee the Inter-company/ related parties’ transactions, loans, interest expenses and reconciliation in line with the group operations guidelines.
- Provide leadership to Senior Finance Associate on volume and margin reporting, client settlement liability reconciliation, fixed asset management, depreciation, amortization, accrual and prepayment accounting.
- Experience in developing, researching, interpretation, updating implementation of accounting policies, standard operating procedures and IFRS standards issued and effective as may affect the accounting finance operations.
- Support the team in finance process automation, cost benefit analysis, accounting ratios preparation and interpretation.
- Oversee and manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budget reports, budget vs actual report preparations and variance analysis.
- Financial planning & analysis duties and commentaries as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of regulatory budget reports and forecast.
- Monitor regulated entity capital requirements and balance sheet ratios.
- Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax, Company Income and all relevant taxes accounting and management.
- Championing tax audit and administration across entities in different jurisdiction.
- Ensuring compliance with tax and other statutory requirements in the countries we are incorporated.
- Liaising with tax consultant and regulators for tax queries resolution.
- Transfer pricing policy implementation.
- Manage and oversee individual external audit exercise.
- Work with Senior Financial Associates on delivering audit work plan and execution.
- Group consolidated audit.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Head of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business administration, finance, accounting, or related field from a well recognised university.
- CPA or ACCA qualification.
- 7 to 9 years’ experience within finance/ corporate finance.
- Strong background in financial management systems with a thorough understanding of financial regulations.
- Experience working for fast-growth, rapidly-scaling companies is an added advantage.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- A strong and flexible work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competitive remuneration.
- A fun and positive working culture.
- A diverse team of bright, energetic and creative individuals.
- Meaningful work by helping people living in emerging markets.
- Work in a company where your voice and ideas are heard.
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Finance Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Account Manager Mobility in South Africa (2x) , South Africa
Our client is an international technology company specialising in supply chain optimisation.
The Account Manager maintains and grows relationships with large customers and acquired new business in new accounts, while achieving an assigned sales and profit growth goal.
Previous, at least 3 years, experience in Solutions Sales is a must.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Account Manager is expected to retain existing business and acquire new business, while pursuing profitable growth opportunities in assigned customer accounts.
• The Account Manager is responsible for selling and supporting the firm’s complete product and service offering to an assigned set of named accounts.
• Focusing on customers with high-value, strategic growth opportunity, the Account Manager’s most important customer interactions are face-to-face meetings.
• The Account Manager is responsible for achieving an assigned sales and profitability goal.
• Conduct research to analyse customers’ behaviour (e.g. purchasing habits, trends and preferences).
• Retains and profitably grows firm volume, sales, and profitability through proactive management of assigned large-customer relationships.
• Penetrates assigned accounts by:
1. Selling new or additional products or services to current buyers; and/or
2. Finding additional buyers within the existing customer location; and/or
3. Selling additional customer locations.
• Sells the firm’s complete offering of products and services.
• Leads all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as directed by management.
• Develops customer account plans for all assigned customers by leading a joint company/customer planning process that identifies relevant customer needs, prioritizes initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear action plan for success.
• Proactively manages customers’ satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction.
• Must have good problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve in a timely Excellent professional work standard.
• Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
• Problem solving skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Excellent communication skills on all levels.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate. Alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
• Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• High quality of work standards
Experience and Skill
- Proven work experience as a Commercial Account Manager
- Minimum of 3 years post matric qualification in Business or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the supply chain and supply chain solutions
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mobility Products and Services
- Experience with research methods using data analytics software.
- Experience in ICT sector will be an additional advantage.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, web analytics.
Are you interested in becoming an Account Manager Mobility in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Farmer Network Manager , Ghana
Our clients’ mission is to move smallholder farming families from poverty to prosperity. Your role as Farmer Network Manager will be to direct strategy, build and develop a team, and supervise operations.
• Determine hiring needs and oversee candidate selection process
• Determine training needs and coordinate training and professional development for farmers and Farmer Success team members
• Lead Farmer Engagement team members in meeting quarterly impact and sourcing targets
• Monitor budgeting needs, work with Finance team to ensure consistent cash flow for Farmer Engagement team needs
• Supply Chain
• Work with the COO and Oil Production team to ensure consistent supply of seeds to meet orders
• Quality Assurance
• Work with relevant experts to develop the best harvest and post-harvest processes to ensure maximum seed and oil yields
• Ensure compliance with Organic and Fair Trade certification standards
• Work with Agronomy team to identify highest producing seed variety and inputs and ensure most viable and productive stock and inputs is distributed to farmers
• Oversee documentation of best practices and their conversion into impactful training materials and curricula
• Data Management & Evaluation
• Evaluate and improve operational and reporting systems for input procurement, input distribution, farm data collection, and seed procurement to ensure impact and sourcing targets are met.
• Identify KPIs to track to measure success toward targets
• Create and monitor data validation systems to ensure accurate data collection
• Analyze data to make strategic, data-driven decisions to best achieve team targets
• Report on all business and impact metrics for the Farmer Engagement team
• Support CEO to submit grants and funding applications
You will likely fulfil many of the following requirements:
• Demonstrated professional experience in a managerial role
• 8+ years’ experience engaging smallholder farmers in a commercial relationship in Sub-Saharan Africa
• 5-7 years’ experience directing operations and strategy for a 1000+ farmer network
• 5-7 years’ experience managing multiple direct reports
• Understanding of the agronomy and economics of tree crops
• Excellent organizational and communications skills with an ability to build and supervise functional, efficient, and relevant systems
• Capable of understanding complex problems and articulating clear steps forward
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive tools
• Thrive working in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
• Exhibit company values (integrity, excellence, passion) professionally and personally
Are you interested in becoming a Farmer Network Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Commercial Recruitment Consultant in CI, KE and NG , Africa
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Africa? Are you a great networker? Do you love sales and developing business? Do you love traveling and working independently? Are the answersto these questions YES? Then become part of our enthusiastic team of Africa recruitment specialists!
JobnetAfrica is looking for a Commercial Recruitment Consultant to join our pan-African JobnetAfrica team. We recruit, headhunt and offer HR Consultancy services for international companies across a wide range of sectors throughout Africa. Our team members are either based in Africa, or have extensive Africa living and working experience. This makes us the partner of choice for companies looking for talent for their companies in Africa.
As a Commercial Recruitment Consultant, you are responsible for the entire recruitment process from business development and contract negotiation, to interviewing and matching candidates to positions with your clients. To create an active sales pipeline, you analyze the market and determine new opportunities. You actively hunt for new clients and build positive and lasting relationships with them by developing an in-depth understanding of their industry and recruitment needs. You attract candidates by networking, headhunting and through referrals, and guide them through the recruitment process.
The new colleague we are looking for:
Has a sparkling personality, is a master networker and is passionate about sales
Has a vast international network in (Insert Country name) and preferably surrounding countries,
Is an independent worker and is self-driven,
Has (international) recruitment experience,
Speaks and writes English (and French fluently for Cote D'Ivoire),
Currently lives in Abidjan, Nairobi or Lagos
A strong (recruitment) brand name,
An extensive pan-African network of clients and candidates (40.000+ international professionals),
Website and job board,
Online marketing, social media, newsletters, LinkedIn headhunting techniques,
Content marketing & blogs,
Financial and general administration,
Working from home or on-the-move,
Part time / flexible working options
Excellent financial structure (no cure no pay)
JobnetAfrica will give you the opportunity to fully focus on sales / recruitment / headhunting / networking and rapidly build a sustainable income for yourself. You can hit the ground running!
Interested? Hit the link 'Apply' below and come up with a great motivation of why you would like to join the JobnetAfrica lifestyle!
Commercial Director in Uganda , Uganda
Reporting to the CEO, the Commercial Director heads the Commercial Department which is responsible for the promotion and sales of all the Company’s products and growing the brand of the company.
The Commercial Director is required to have and demonstrate at all times these key characteristics:
1. Drive volume and sales growth in the current markets of focus and expansion into new markets
2. Lead, support and oversee the Agri (Animal Feed and Poultry) and Consumer goods (Dressed Chicken) sales team to ensure they achieve the goals and objectives (hard and soft)
3. Plan and execute an effective and efficient marketing campaign and Route to Market strategy in order to significantly grow the market share in both the Agri and Consumer Goods sectors
4. Maintain excellent customer relations and market intelligence (both at consumer and competitor level)
5. Build strong sales teams and be a valued member of the Executive Leadership.
• Develop, implement and oversee the sales and marketing strategic plan
• Compile sales volumes and sales price targets for the various products and monitor and drive sales throughout the year to attain the targets set.
• Ensure that the sales teams and sales support teams are knowledgeable about their products and markets, are fully motivated and energized, and are adequately trained
• Identify export opportunities and work towards achieving steady growth in regional markets
• Manage customer relations in the best way possible, ensuring quality service, as well as building a comprehensive and detailed customer database
• Manage relations with relevant government ministries and departments whose policies and regulations can impact the business
• Build up and provide direction to the marketing team to ensure that the company's brands are leading the market
• Keep management and board well-informed about the livestock market - market trends, competitor activity & pricing, performance of the products, opportunities and threats.
• Good working knowledge of finance to effectively manage budgets and optimise product margins
• Ensure sales staff comply with SOPs
• Manage all social media channels, activities etc.
• Any other duties that may be assigned to you
Education and Professional qualifications
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior position with direct P&L responsibility in a company with over $15 million of annual sales
• A relevant degree in Sales and Marketing with an MBA being an added advantage.
• Prior training in Professional Selling Skills and in Customer Care is an added advantage.
• Prior experience in live stock sector a plus but not essential
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Hard working, persuasive and ability to work under pressure.
• Quick decision making and highly intelligent.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Leadership skills with experience of managing a large staff complement
• Flair for sales
• Excellent communication skills
• Technology and Social Media savvy
• Value adding and creative (willingness to go an extra mile for the company, staff & customers).
• Enthusiastic, passionate and encouraging to all.
• Strong commitment to the goal and vision of the company.
• Results driven.
• Company policy, systems and procedures
• The company's Corporate image and Brand
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sales Engineer in South Africa (3x) , South Africa
We are recruiting three Sales Engineers for our client, which is a European supplier for factory and process automation products.
Job domain: Division Factory Automation
Reports to: Area Sales Manager FA - Sub-Saharan Africa
Obtaining/Maintaining the position of market leader within the FA area by selling FA products to predefined market segments.
Achieving the predetermined sales objective (with regard to products, product groups, turnover, gross margin, new customer acquisition, etc…) within the defined sales area.
Developing the sales area in order to reach the goals of the company and acquire a maximum client satisfaction regarding quality
KNOWLEDGE LEVEL, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCES
1. Education, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Bachelor, Master Electro mechanics or Electronics (specialisation measurement and control technology is an advantage), National Diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge and experience, necessary for the execution of the position:
- Good knowledge of measurement and control technology, DCS architecture, digital communication
- Knowledge of legislation around explosion protection and environmental legislation
- Thorough knowledge of the FA market and its competition based on previous relevant work experience in a technical sales position
- Good knowledge of automation technology, PLC architecture, digital communication
- Good knowledge of FA products and their application
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Computer literate
3. Behavioural competences:
MM Version 201507
- Team player
- Active listener
- Proactive and anticipated minded
- Result driven
- Commercial minded based on technical knowledge
- Quality oriented
- Analytical and structured orientation
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, coordination and organisational skills
RESULT AREAS + TASKS
1. Commercial contacts
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, regarding the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Maintaining contact and transferring relevant information to the area responsible of the GPP team, who is responsible for the coordination of international projects
- Further expand contacts and service with existing customers with the intention to increase the sales potential, initially with regard to the FA range. For important customers the External Sales Engineer receives support of the Area.
- Giving technical support and advice to clients and prospects concerning the product range FA.
- Searching for and visiting new clients (customer acquisition).
- Offering solutions to clients for the company's products and their applications.
- Giving product presentations and product trainings to clients.
- Preparing and presenting quotations according to the internal guidelines with regard to price setting and conditions.
- Follow-up quotations.
- Introduction of new products in the given area.
- Participation to fairs
- Taking initiative in accordance with the policy
- Follow-up of evolutions in the market and with competitors on a non-stop base with regard to sales data, products and applications
- Regularly report market developments, sales expectations, market potential and results of market research
3. Tasks with regard to organisation
- Budget definition and responsibility for allocated Accounts
- Visit reporting in Siebel
- Self-tuition regarding (new) products
- Reporting and succession of opportunities in Siebel
Are you interested in becoming an External Sales Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Operations Manager in Zambia , Zambia
Our client, a player in the gaming industry, is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team and who provides leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial and commercial objectives of the different 0perations.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the operations manager will report to the Project Manager Operations Africa, and will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the respective country.
• Responsible to oversee and expand the company operations in the country.
• Lead the online and offline expansion of the company's presence in the assigned market.
• Co-ordinate with other departments to ensure that marketing and promotions run smoothly and are a success.
• Responsible to provide accounts, budgeting and other financial statements to Group headquarters.
• Responsible for HR and administration of the operation.
• Relations with major Telecoms for mobile money solutions services as well as Gaming Boards, Banks, media and other external partners.
• Set KPIs and track their success
• Provide top customer service to the company's users
• Business Administration and MBA
• Experience in a similar position, previous experience in Africa is valued.
• Hard-working and willing to see projects through from conception to creation
• 2+ years experience in ecommerce is a plus.
• Experienced managing teams (20 to 30 employees)
• Experienced influencing stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
• Strong English skills is a MUST. French and/or Swahili is a plus.
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.