Managing Director in Togo , Togo
Our client is an established organic and Fairtrade player. They have developed sustainable food chains in South America and Africa and they are looking for a Managing Director for their Togo start up - about 30 permanent staff and up to 30 seasonal workers generating a turnover of around 4 M Euro per year.
The purpose of the job is to build a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the Leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to build a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part.
The Managing Director heads the Management Committee made off three director’s functions:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
• Lead and sustain the Management committee of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop and optimise business processes, policies and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPI to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations build on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years’ experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Lome, Togo
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• French & English (written and spoken)
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Togo? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director Logistics , East Africa
For a large logistics service provider in East Africa, we are looking for an MD.
Expanding local market as well as regional market, whilst maintaining high quality and growing a happy and well performing team.
Previous experience as General Manager, Country Manager, Regional Manager or the like for a logistics company in East Africa.
Interested in this? Please apply here.
Maintenance manager in Ethiopia , Ethiopia
We are recruiting a maintenance manager for a European company.
Analyzing and optimizing functional, corrective, and preventive maintenance, on quality, costs and reliability;
Making maintenance and improvement plans and updating them in the maintenance management system;
Perform root cause analyzes when failures or faults occur;
Stock management of the materials;
'On the job' training of operators and colleagues;
Managing quotations, project requests and technical information;
Supervising work in progress, also by third parties;
Multiple years of work experience in a manufacturing environment;
A completed education in mechatronics, electrical or mechanical engineering;
Being able to work independently;
Knowledge of manufacturing processes;
Being able to set priorities and take decisions;
A team player with great English communication skills;
Excellent organizational skills;
A hands-on approach and thinking in solutions.
Conditions of employment
A car for both work and private use;
Are you interested in becoming a Maintenance manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana , Ghana
We are recruiting a Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana for an NGO that operates worldwide.
Statement of Work
• Under the supervision of the company's Program Director in Mali and Resident Program Officer in Mali, the selected Contractor will serve – in his/her country of assignment – as the main focal point with domestic stakeholders.
• In this capacity, the Contractor will liaise, engage, and maintain contact with civil society organizations, government agencies, local and national government focal points, regional organizations focal points, religious and community leaders, etc. to facilitate the implementation of this project and ensure buy-in and continuous engagement of those stakeholders.
• The Contractor will take a significant role in activity implementation, providing logistical arrangements, identifying local service providers, identifying potential problems and providing relevant solutions to prevent activity delays, ensuring relevant and necessary follow-up including for monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) purposes with local partners and activity participants and beneficiaries, and monitoring domestic civil society partners’ activity progress and compliance with contract terms.
• The Contractor will ensure the timely, complete, and accurate submission of deliverables from government and civil society partners and will liaise with the organization's staff––including the Program Director, Resident Program Officer, and MEL Specialist––to approve such deliverables.
• The Contractor will contribute observations and analysis to program reports and external communications materials, when necessary, in order to ensure robust programmatic deliverables.
• The Contractor will attend and, for some of them, lead project’s activities at the national and sub-national levels and, when necessary, in neighboring countries, and will report to the organization.
• The Contractor will attend and report on non-project-related events or discussions that may take place in the country of assignment and that will be relevant to the project and the overall strategy in the country and region.
• The Contractor will submit bi-monthly reports that include updates on activity progress and thorough analysis on political, social, and security-related issues in the country of assignment and the target communities.
• Availability to commit for an approximative 24-month duration.
• Master’s Degree in international relations, law, political science, or related subject.
• Legal authorization to work in the following countries: Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Ghana, and Côte d’Ivoire is required.
• Excellent knowledge of the social, political, and cultural situation and landscape of the country assignment.
• Complete fluency (native or advanced professional level) in written and spoken English and French. Candidates with fluent French and intermediate English will be considered.
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant professional work experience in Sahelian and West African littoral countries at the local, national, and/or international levels implementing programming in the field of democracy, governance, peacebuilding, and/or countering violent extremism (CVE).
• Established relationships with national government and civil society stakeholders on issues of peacebuilding, governance, and CVE.
• Expertise (past experience, thought leadership, or a combination of both) on preventing/countering violent extremism strongly preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with marginalized populations.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a sensitive political environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an internationally and culturally diverse team, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
• Exceptional interpersonal and managerial skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of local stakeholders and foreign government personnel.
• Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner.
• Analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Store Manager in Ghana , Ghana
Our client, active in the timber industry, is looking for a Store Manager to be based at their plant in Ghana.
We are looking for a results driven retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management of the factory as well as fleet including spare parts. The successful candidate will be able to meet profitability goals and manage staff effectively. Store Manager responsibilities includes a team of 5 assistant store managers.
• Inventory management, cleaning up slow moving stock, maintain good inventory levels
• Receiving, ordering and ERP systems
• Meet goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to staff
• Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• Maintain outstanding store condition and standards
• Report on buying trends, needs, profits etc
• Deal with all issues that arise from staff or internal customers (complaints, grievances etc)
• Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
• Possibly growing in to timber store management too
• BS Degree in engineering (spare parts), supply chain, logistics, or relevant field
• Proven successful experience as a Store Manager
• Powerful leading skills and business orientation
• Strong organizational skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with purchasing is a plus
Are you interested in this role? Please apply through below button.
Managing Director in Uganda , Uganda
Are you the Managing Director we are looking for?
Are you ready to lead the company of our client, which aims to tackle Africa’s emerging development challenges? Do you have a passion for social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) and capacity building? Then we might be looking for you.
The Managing Director is a dynamic and inspiring leader of the team, and is accountable for the sustainability and growth of the company. He reports directly to the board, which includes experienced professionals from both NGOs and the private sector.
1. Leadership: Motivate and mentor the team
• Being a team player on projects and lead by example.
• Creating an atmosphere of appreciation and respect for all partners and colleagues
• Create a learning environment and seek and give constructive feedback
2. Business Management: Overseeing the financial health of the company and providing strategic direction for growth and sustainability
• Regularly review financial reports and approve expenses
• Ensure the organization is adhering to local laws and operating as a socially responsible business
• Engage the organization's Board of Directors in key decisions, prepare regular updates, and support recruitment of new board members as needed
• Lead the creation of operating procedures, financial forecasts and targets, annual and strategic plans, updated governance manuals, quarterly reviews, and performance reviews
3. Partnerships: Build and maintain relationships with staff, potential project partners and consultants
• Recruit new consultants and team members
• Manage relationships with key partners
• Represent the organization's interests in partnerships, while looking for synergy and collectively beneficial opportunities
4. Marketing and Communication: Lead and oversee new business opportunities and company sales
• Watch trends in the creative and or communication industry and the development sector
• Brainstorm with colleagues, partners and clients on new proposals
• Write and review bids and new proposals
• Review and approve external communication
5. Creative: Contribute to the development of new services and products
• Lead and oversee design reseach and co-creations
• Conceptualise innovative social and behaviour change communication and capacity building strategies and tools
• Work with designers, content developers, illustrators and researchers to define or refine solutions
• Occasionally develop content for company communication and new products
• Ensure services and products apply user-centered design principles and meet the organization's quality standards
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field (social sector enterprise, communication, design, SBCC etc.)
• Experience in mentoring, motivating and supervising teams and individuals
• Experience with volunteering or working in Africa, working with local counterparts
• The ability to facilitate workshops, strong presentation skills and influence internal and external discussions at all levels
• Strong English writing and communication skills
• Business acumen, with business strategy development, operational planning experience and financial planning
• Knowledge of Human-Centered Design in the creative industry is preferred
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to travel frequently within East Africa and Uganda itself
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Programme Manager Agribusiness in the Netherlands , Netherlands
The Netherlands-African Business Council (NABC) is the leading organisation for trade and investment facilitation for Africa in the Netherlands. At NABC we believe that the Dutch private sector has a prominent role to play in the sustainable development of the African continent. Therefore, NABC’s purpose is to inform, inspire, catalyse, and connect businesses with Africa’s opportunities and to assist businesses in making confident decisions about when, where, and how to do business in Africa. NABC currently has a network of approximately 250 engaged and diverse members and has access to a community of over 10,000 African and European businesses, institutes, government entities and others interested in doing business in Africa.
For our team in The Hague, The Netherlands, we are looking for a Program Manager Agribusiness who will focus on our Livestock (Beef, Poultry, Dairy, and aquaculture) activities. This person will be reporting directly to the agribusiness Team leader and will be responsible for our livestock portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- You coordinate the current programmes aimed at the livestock sector, coordinate NABC's sector platforms in this sector.
- Managing the (local) project team(s) and doing market scans, stakeholder research, implementing programmes with local partners and identifying local demand for Dutch Agri knowledge and technologies.
- Maintain good relations with (Dutch and African) members, project partners, local sector players and the public sector such as ministries and embassies.
- Strategically develop and grow NABC’s livestock portfolio of activities and position in the market both here in the Netherlands and across Africa.
- Manage all current livestock related activities and programs in close collaboration with our partner organizations and network of offices across Africa.
- Promote and position the Dutch livestock sector, in particular members of NABC, in Africa, based on good market information.
- Develop, acquire, and manage strategic and relevant livestock related programs, projects, and members.
- Inform and advise stakeholders in the Netherlands and Africa about business opportunities and Dutch solutions specific to the horticulture/ poultry sector, including access to various financial instruments.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the local embassies and the regional offices and other relevant sector organisations.
- Recognize and exploit opportunities and synergies with Dutch funded ‘aid to trade’ programmes as well as other public and private sector funding instruments for the benefit of our Dutch and African members.
- Overall, support to our livestock members in the provision of high-quality products and services including reporting to both our members and internally.
- Engage in other tasks such as marketing, promotion and branding of your sector across Europe and Africa.
- A relevant educational and professional background with over 3 years in or with the livestock sector in the Netherlands, in a commercial and or public sector setting.
- Knowledge and experience in program and project management.
- Minimal Bachelor’s degree but preferably a master’s degree in relevant subjects as Agriculture, livestock, Economics and or Business Management.
- A self-starter comfortable with a client facing role. The candidate has had direct responsibility for acquisition from idea generation to contracting and execution.
- Proactive networker with a good eye for business opportunities and able to secure business through members and clients of NABC.
- Track record in program development/ project management/ reporting/ proposal writing (experience with European or world bank related bids is a pre).
- Familiar with key Agriculture Funding opportunities/ partners. Experience in consortium building would be an extra advantage. Able to develop, acquire, manage, and deliver on large livestock programs relevant to agriculture (dependent) sectors independently and proactively.
- Ability to both lead and supervise teams as well as to act in a more supporting role in a team.
- Strong communicator internally and externally.
- Strong planning and budget control skills.
- A working proficiency BOTH in Dutch and English, (French is an absolute bonus).
- Affinity with Africa. Experience in or working with Africa is a plus.
- Able to work independently, and in a team, with an eye for detail and a ‘hands-on’ mentality.
- Required to be available as soon as possible.
- Living in or around The Hague, and available preferably 5 days per week.
WHAT WE OFFER
A dynamic job in an international setting where you will be involved daily with the agricultural sector, specifically livestock, and economic developments and opportunities in African countries. A relatively flat organization that will give you room to grow quickly an define the way you express yourself professionally. An opportunity for you to gain more knowledge on how the private sector stimulates sustainable and fair economic development in Africa. Do you like to get things done and are you good at switching between various stakeholders, such as Dutch and African agribusinesses, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Dutch and African embassies? Who knows, we might be looking for you! A competitive salary based on your experience and fit.
An assessment and thorough reference check will/can be part of this procedure. NABC appreciates all expressions of interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Are you interested in becoming a Programme Manager Agribusiness in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Project Manager in Tanzania , Tanzania
About the job
In a context of development and growth of its activity, our client is looking for a Project Manager. The new PM will be responsible for overseeing the rural electrification projects.
- Tracking and monitoring project progress to make sure high levels of quality, operational efficiency and cost effective management of resources
- Identifying potential dependencies, constraints and risks over the course of the project and developing ways to manage such issues effectively
- Preparation of detailed project plans and take effective steps to meet the targets
- Overseeing electrical distribution system on site and manage the installation of all the electrical systems
- Working together with the technical teams.
- Handling material verification and quality inspection as per standard
- Coordinate with all stakeholders for activities related to the project such as progress reports, invoicing, imports, etc.
- Ensure projects are implemented
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (Preferably Telecoms, Civil, Electronics, Electrical)
- Nice to have: post graduate or MBA business administration or project management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in minigrid work and LV/ MV line construction
- Great communicator and used to managing multiple tasks
- Problem-solving team player with great management skills
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.