Crop Growing Manager in Kenya , Kenya
Our client's organization is growing and we are recruiting a Crop Growing Manager for them.
Types of different propagation methods, materials and seeds and their criteria for health and quality.
The study of plant, soil structure, climatic and environmental issues in agronomical production.
Health and safety regulations
Necessary health, safety, hygiene and environmental standards and legislation rules in the sector of particular activity.
Methods, principles and systems for supplying water to land or crops by means of pipes, sprinklers, ditches or streams.
The variety of plants, trees and shrubs and their special characteristics.
Different approached to prunning trees, such as thinning, removal, etc.
Project management principles
Different elements and phases of project management.
Principles of estimating and planning of forecasts for business activity, compile regular budget and reports.
Set of traits and values which guide the actions of a leader with her/his employees and the company and provide direction throughout her/his career. These principles are also an important tool for self-evaluation to identify strengths and weaknesses, and seek self-improvement.
Plant disease control
Types and features of diseases in plants and crops. Different kinds control methods, activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the type of plant or crop, environmental and climate conditions and health and safety regulations. Storage and handling of products.
Different types of greenhouses (plastic, glass) and other horticultural facilities such as hotbed, seedbed, irrigations systems, storage and protective facilities etc.
Environmental legislation in agriculture and forestry
Awareness on enviromental legislation, policies, principles relevant for agriculture and forestry. Awareness of the impact on the enviroment of local agricultural precedures and practices. Means to adjust the production to new enviromental regulations and policies.
The techniques of selectively removing parts of trees and plants to foster better growth and regeneration.
The standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilisation.
Pest control in plants
Types and features of pests in plants and crops. Different kinds of pest control methods, activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the type of plant or crop, environmental and climate conditions and health and safety regulations. Storage and handling of products.
Types of storage facilities
Different types of devices and facilities used to hold information and their quality criterias.
Quality criteria for storage facilities
Quality criteria for storage facilities such as safe locking systems, ventilation, regularly inspected fireproofing systems, etc.
Plant harvest methods
The various methods, timing and equipment involved in harvesting different crops and plants.
Crop production principles
Principles in growing crops, the natural cycle, nursing of nature, growth conditions and principles of organic and sustainable production. Quality criterias and requirements of seeds, plants and crop.
Diversity of soil elements and types of soil in relation to plant growth.
Develop agricultural production plans
Develop plans for planting, calculate crop input requirements for all stages of the growth.
Operate horticulture equipment
Operate horticultural equipment and assist with servicing. Ensure that vehicles are roadworthy before starting the work.
Carry out plant growing activities. Carry out grow control considering the required terms and conditions for specific plant type.
Maintain plant soil nutrition
Manage and support overall soil nutrition. Practice sustainable gardening techniques and integrated pest management in gardens both outdoor and indoor.
Monitor orchards, fields and production areas to forecast when crops will be fully grown. Estimate how much damage the weather may cause to crops.
Store and preserve crops in accordance with standards and regulations to ensure their quality. Ensure that storage facilities are kept according to hyginic standards, regulating temperature, heating and air conditioning of storage facilities.
Supervise hygiene procedures in agricultural settings
Ensure that hygiene procedures in agricultural settings are followed, taking into account the regulations of specific areas of action e.q. livestock, plants, local farm products, etc.
Analyse and identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; formulate and plan alternatives.
Manage production enterprise
Organise and instruct staff, plan production strategies and programmes including sales. Carry out input purchase orders, materials, equipment and manage stocks etc. Awareness of demands of the businesses customers and adjustments accordingly to plans and strategies. Estimate resources and control budget of enterprise applying business economics, production development and project management principles.
Ensure soil fertility
Analyse soil to determine type and quantity of fertiliser required for maximum production.
Coordinate greenhouse environment
Take care of the heating and cooling of greenhouses. Work together with the Grounds and Buildings Manager in keeping the irrigation systems and the horticultural equipment in good condition.
Store products to ensure the quality and in accordance with standards and regulations. Ensure the stock facilities are kept according to hygiene standards, regulating temperature, heating and air conditioning of storage facilities.
Make independent operating decisions
Make immediate operating decisions as necessary without reference to others, taking into account the circumstances and any relevant procedures and legislation. Determine alone which option is the best for a particular situation.
Prepare planting area
Prepare planting area and soil for planting by for example fertilising, mulching by hand or using mechanical tools or machinery; prepare seeds and plants for sowing and planting by enuring the quality of seed and plants.Sow and plant by hand, using mechanical tools or machinery and in accordance with national legislation.
Carry out propagation activities by appling appropriate propagation methods such as grafted cutting propagation or generative propagation considering the plant type. Carry out propagation control considering the required terms and conditions for specific plant type.
Create soil and plant improvement programmes
Develop and advise on implementation of soil health and plant nutrition programs.
Mow, pick or cut agricultural products manually or using appropriate tools and machinery. Taking into account the relevant quality criteria of products, hygiene prescriptions and using the appropriate methods.
Execute disease and pest control activities
Execute disease and pest control activities using conventional or biological methods taking into account the climate, plant or crop type, health and safety and environmental regulations. Store and handle pesticides in accordance with recomandation and legislation.
Maintain storage facilities
Maintain or ensure the maintenance of cleaning equipment, heating or air conditioning of storage facilities and the temperature of premises.
Carry out pruning with relevant tools, related to the different purposes like maintenance pruning, pruning for growth, pruning for fruiting, debudding and volume reduction.
Supervise crop production
Supervise and analyse overall crop production in order to ensure effective production process, taking into account the environmental regulations.
Use agricultural information systems and databases
Use relevant information systems and databases to plan, manage and operate agricultural enterprise and production.
Maintain plant health
Manage and support overall plant health. Practice sustainable gardening techniques and integrated pest management in gardens both outdoor and indoor.
Are you interested in becoming a Crop Growing Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Technical Operations Manager in Ethiopia , Ethiopia
For one of our clients in the FMCG sector, we are recruiting a technical people person who enjoys training others and maximizing and utilizing skills.
Are you a team leader, who can manage production, maintenance and repair of the machines, we are keen to speak with you.
In this role, you will be responsible for the production process, with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, you enjoy being in the workplace, sorting out technical matters, working closely together with your colleagues, coaching and helping them where possible.
Key competences :
• A strong character, flexibility, persistence and always going the extra mile
• Knowledge of our technology
• The ability to put things in perspective
• Good knowledge of the English language in speech and writing
The job is immediately available.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Operations Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director in Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
We are recruiting a Managing Director in Burkina Faso for a client active in the food processing sector.
The task at hand
Prime responsibility of the managing director is to continuously improve quality, volume and efficiency of the factory with his management team: finance, value-chain, maintenance and engineering. The challenge is to develop a culture of continuous improvement, supported by structures and daily processes, further developing the team’s capabilities in problem solving, leadership, initiative to innovate. The managing director reports to the CEO and is supported by a local finance director, reporting to the CFO.
• Attaining production targets in terms of quality, volume and efficiency (measurable KPI’s);
• Sourcing of nuts from associated farmer groups;
• Monitoring and supporting the farmer training programs;
• Representing the company with local government institutions;
• Hosting customer visits as well as external auditors (finance, BRC, organic, fairtrade);
• Supporting, facilitating charity projects for the factory and/or the region;
Key requirements (preferable)
• Master’s in engineering or business/economics;
• 10 years’ experience in an industrial processing environment;
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC are considered a plus;
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean management;
• Experience or affinity with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering;
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both French and English;
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Agribusiness in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Facility Manager in South Sudan , South Sudan
The minimum qualifications and minimum responsibilities for key personnel are outlined below:
The Facilities Manager will be the point of contact relating to the maintenance and repairs of all existing facilities including (but not limited to) work planning, execution, logistical planning of procurement, quality control, time and cost management and all matters concerning the day to day operations of our client. The FM bears primary responsibility for subject matter expert (SME) on all technical aspects relating to the operational aspects of facilities, and approaches to repairs, replacement parts and maintenance.
At a minimum, the FM must have:
• a bachelor' s degree in facilities management, mechanical engineering and/or industrial engineering from an accredited college or university in the United States, Britain, Canada or Europe;
• at least five years of experience in the following: or managing, or at a supervisory level, large compounds requiring maintenance of buildings, grounds, and facilities; managing, or at a supervisory level, generator powered electricity, sewage plants, water pump houses, and hydraulic ramps; managing, or at a supervisory level, large numbers of AC split units in hot weather conditions; and working at a supervisory level in large building and infrastructure projects.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
Are you interested in becoming a Facility Manager in South Sudan? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Finance Partner in DRC , Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
We are looking for a Business Finance Partner for our client, which is active in the pharmaceutical industry. The Business Finance Partner will be responsible for strategic and tactical operations while engaging key external stakeholders and providing partnership to the business. Ensuring the Financial Report meets the highest management and statutory expectations and delivered on time. The BFP will take responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities. He will also be leading the statutory reporting and filing with the authorities. Operating with high level of ethics, integrity and compliance.
• Management Information: Provide analysis of management information ensuring accuracy, relevance, timeliness and consistency of the information provided to support decision making in the area of OPEX, Sales, Accounts Receivable, and Account Payables e.tc.
• Business Partnering: Partner with the Medical and Commercial Managers in the analysis of actual results, comparing with forecasts, interrogating the variances with a view to providing transparency and insights, and supporting the corrective actions identified to help in resource allocation and ensure achievement of business objectives
• Budgeting and Business Planning: Support the management team and budget holders in the planning process by providing relevant templates, assumptions and guiding the teams in using the budgeting tools. Submission of the budgets/forecasts as per the regional/global guidelines and tools.
• Internal Controls: Supporting an environment of robust internal controls within the organization especially in the Procure to Pay (P2P), Customer Credit Notes and T&E processes.
• Accounting, Reporting & Controlling: Responsible for month-end process by carrying out the month-end procedures and ensuring adequate accrual accounting and GL postings at month-end
• Take the ownership of Company Financials - responsible for day-to-day operations and consolidation on a periodic basis.
• Tax Administration and Compliance: Work with external tax consultants & auditors to ensure timely filling of all applicable business taxes to the authorities to ensure statutory compliance.
Experience and qualifications
• Graduate in Finance and accounting with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar function. Chartered accountant is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Autonomous and collaborative
• Good level of competency with computers and a willingness to master new tools to improve accuracy and efficiency
• SAP (accounting software) knowledge preferably
• Comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and the ability to multi-task
• Detail and deadline-oriented
• Trustworthy with confidential matters and excellent moral and ethical standards
• Ability to work independently and with other team members
• Proficient in English and French
• Core behaviors: Be accountable / Be brave / Serve others / customer centric.
• Management and leadership skills, organizational, planning and communication skills.
• Work well in a multi-functional team.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Finance Partner in DRC? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Finance & Administrative Officer in Ghana , Ghana
Our client's team in Ghana has been operating for over 4 years with sustainability activities via partners, but they are now establishing their own entity. We are looking for a finance and administrative officer for the office in Accra to help set-up all governing structures in the organization to support the growth of our client. Our client is active in sustainable supply chains in the agricultural sector.
1. Management of Accounting, Financial Reporting and Budgeting
• Organize bookkeeping for the organization in Accra and execute direct financial transactions
• Request for funds of partners and review realized expenditures and financial reports
• Reviewing all submitted budgets and spending on monthly and quarterly basis and giving feedback to the Head Office
• Together with the country representative coordinate the establishment of the operational budget
2. Setting up all structures for establishment in Ghana and ensuring the foundation can operate independently
• Setting up the legal entity in Ghana with the applicable regulatory bodies
• To design the required statutory documents including tax policy, ensuring compliance with legislation
• Coordinate the opening of the company's bank account in Ghana in collaboration with the Financial Officer at the head office and maintain all banking affairs from that moment
3. Office support
• Organize the procurement of equipment in compliance with procurement protocols
• Management of upkeep and maintenance of office supplies and environment
4. Human Resource Management
• Organizing and maintaining payroll of the company and staff pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Designing and managing contracts of staff pay-rolled with the organization, as well as supervising contract design of staff that is pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Ensuring alignment in HR policies
• Leading recruitment processes
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over The Netherlands and West Africa. In Accra, you will be based in the office of the core team with 5 people working on Ghana project management, and work with over 60 staff-members directly and indirectly. You’ll work closely with guidance of the Finance Officer in the Netherlands and report to the country representative.
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance or business administration
• At least 5 years of experience in finance
• A passionate and ambitious worker
• Self-starter and willing to manage big portfolios as well as execute simple tasks
• Accurate, analytic, efficient and problem-solving
• Innovative and driven to continuously improve our procedures and projects
• Fluency in English; fluency in French is an advantage;
You will be part of a fast-growing international organization with great future career opportunities. Work Status 40 hours per week. Based in Accra, Ghana, with possible travels to other West African countries.
Are you interested in becoming a Finance & Administrative Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
General Manager in Ghana , Ghana
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CFO in Cameroon , Cameroon
JobnetAfrica is recruiting an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead and execute our client's financial and investment strategy and to perform effective risk management.
Our client is active in the clean energy sector.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning
- Establish, execute, and manage the capital investment plan and strategy
- Perform a risk management and mitigation plan by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Prepare (and improve if necessary) internal and external monthly financial reports including forecasts as per company financial policies and procedures
- Set up in place a comprehensive dashboard to map all the duties to meet the expectations and obligations from current and future investors
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Establish and develop relations with banks, lenders, equity providers, donors and financial institutions
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Prepare and lead the budgeting process
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the company’s operations
- Keep track of the company’s path to profitability milestones and ensure ongoing profitability of the business
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Direct audit and compliance activities
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
The CFO must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
- Proven experience (2-3 years) as CFO, finance officer, finance director or other relevant role in a SME
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, business economics or other relevant field
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Sound knowledge around business, its financial dynamics and regulatory requirements across tax/commercial/banking/exchange regulations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP, ERP)
- Hands-on financial modelling
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Strong appeal to the Renewable Energy sector
- Great deal of personal motivation to improve the living conditions of other men and women.
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Cameroon? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.