Senior Manager in Ghana , Ghana
Reports to: Managing Director
The role of Senior Manager is to provide senior leadership across the whole organizationand to lead it towards a mature and healthy organisation.
As the Senior Manager you will be responsible for overall leadership of the organisation, the longer-term strategy and improving day to day operations.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for the development of the organisation's team, attracting talent into the organisation and making sure the products and services the company offers surpass the expected standards. This is a social enterprise and you will be monitoring the social impact of the work and you will also oversee the financial viability of the business model. You will also be building an operating and business model that is scalable in other cities. You will be the spokesperson for the organisation, with a wide variety of stakeholders and you will liaise with and report to the Holding company in Europe.
• Financial: Reaching a positive operational result by end 2020 and improve financial reporting processes.
• Operations: Implementing a operational excellence program.
• Sales: With the successful implementation of the plant performance, sales should increase.
• Innovation: Overseeing the launch of new products and process improvements.
• Strategy: Implementing a medium-term strategy which gives direction and purpose to the organisation in Ghana.
• Data: Enhancing a data driven culture within the organisation, which will enable properly informed decision making and impact monitoring.
• People: Creating a positive culture that supports the goals of the business. To develop and train a strong team.
• Stakeholder management and Business development: Representing the Ghana office and actively engaging with the many organisations and government representatives. Explore opportunities and lay the ground to further replicate the service model in other parts in Ghana.
• Process management and Reporting: Ensure reporting tools and platforms are utilized and and that reporting deadlines are respected by the team.
1. To ensure good HR policies are developed, practiced and documented in a staff handbook;
2. To manage all staff and staff administration according to the agreed policies, including recruitment and staff performance;
3. To meet all Ghanaian rules and regulations regarding employment, and occupational health and safety;
4. To encourage professional development programmes for all staff;
5. To prepare a monthly Management Report;
6. To organise weekly staff and management meetings;
7. To make sure that ICT and information systems are regularly maintained and working at all times.
1. To lead the development of the company’s strategy for Ghana together with the local team and the European branch;
2. To represent the company in meetings with Ministries, other government agencies, NGO’s and the private sector in Ghana with the aim to expand the business to new locations in Ghana;
3. To build strategic partnerships and to manage formal partnership agreements with government agencies, corporates, educational institutions and NGO’s;
1. To develop an annual operating budget plan and budget, together with the MD, for approval by the board
2. To oversee the work of the Finance Manager and report monthly on the finances
3. To manage the income and expenditures
4. To ensure accounts are prepared for an annual audit
5. To make recommendations to the MD for best asset management
6. To manage, procure and dispose of all the company's assets, for example the vehicles.
Innovation, Project Management and R&D
● Define the goals and deliverables that support local and international business, together with senior management and stakeholders.
● To finalize projects according to strict deadlines and budgets
● Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
● Organise project management meetings
● Monitor contractual compliance
● Developing lessons learnt and defining the steps to be taken after the project is finished.
Essential skills and experience
● Senior business development and programme background, preferably in sanitation engineering, environmental engineering, agriculture or similar sectors.
● Strong preference in managing teams in developing emerging markets
● Minimum of 8 years senior management experience
● Strong leadership and team building qualities and contributing to a positive team culture.
● Experience with performance management matrix
● Excellent communication skills both orally and written. Experience in building relationships at senior levels of businesses and governments.
● Strong work ethic
● Highly organized, problem solver and results driven
● Focused, decisive and attention to detail
● Good interpersonal skills
● Pro-active nature
● Financially literate
● Innovative and flexible
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Financial Manager in Mozambique , Mozambique
One of our clients in the Waste Management / Environment sector, is currently looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager for the operations in Mozambique, to take charge of the financial health of our client’s company by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements. You should be familiar with the analysis of the financial results of the region and the analysis and explanation of management accounts to budgets and forecasts. The ideal candidate demonstrates an interest in managing accounting activities, including including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition. You should also have excellent organizational skills, a valid driver’s license and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
• B. Com Degree and a registered C.A
• Related Management Accounting qualification
• Fulfilled similar role with at least 5 years’ senior financial experience
• Monthly or bi-weekly travel to Mozambique for periods of one to two weeks per month is an option
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Finalizing inter-depot charges
• Development and measurement of regional production KPI’s
• Presentation of financial results to management
• Controlling all orders against budget
• Preparation of annual budget and bi-annual forecast
• Ensuring compliance to internal controls at depot level
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Liaising with external auditors
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Calculate and prepare annual tax returns
• Register all service type contracts with the Department of finance and obtain tax clearance certificates
• Ensure invoicing complies with legislation
• Working capital management in line with cash flow projections
• Advise management on any changes to local content laws in Mozambique
Please apply with your CV in English, showing your experience on the above requirements, as well as your nationality and/or authorization to work in Mozambique.
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Manager in Mozambique Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Chief Accountant , Ghana
Our client in the Timber industry is currently hiring a Chief Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the team
- Conduct all necessary training to keep the team’s skills and knowledge up to date
- Ensure that all necessary documents are requested, collected, and compiled
- Maintain current and garner new client relationships
- Detect and address potential compliance issues proactively
Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting
Minimum 3 years’ experience in management
Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details
Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers
Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Assistant Manager Seedling Nursery in South Africa , South Africa
For our client we are looking for a knowledgeable Assistant Manager for their Seedling Nursery, who can join their team. The successful candidate will assist the nursery manager with his daily operations and duties, as well as everything applicable to this position.
• BSc Plant Science/Horticulture Degree; Preferably with knowledge of grafting seedlings.
• Computer literacy essential
• Afrikaans and English speaking – Afrikaans not really a necessity.
• Independent worker
• Ability to manage a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Good managerial skills
• Excellent people skills
• Weekend work will be mandatory
The ideal candidate must enjoy working with plants and have a love for cultivation. He/she must be hardworking, honest, have sober habits and be conscientious and neat.
Are you interested in becoming an Assistant Manager Seedling Nursery in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Technical Director , Ethiopia
Our client focuses on sustainable farming with small scale, subsistence farmers across East Africa, while investing in sustainable supply chains for global customers.
We are looking for a Technical Director, to be a member of the Executive Team, who will help the business strengthen its agricultural performance and drive the next generation of growth from 250 to 1,000 farmers over the next 3 years.
• Responsible to lead all agronomic operations and execution in Ethiopia
• Planning regenerative, multi-crop, year-round production with 250+ out-grower farms, while improving weekly harvest estimations and quarterly production forecasts
• Testing, evaluating and implementing new crops, cutting-edge smallholder technologies, and various engagement models
• Supporting field managers to motivate staff and drive improvements in smallholder yields and farm management
• Rapidly iterating and continuously improving our internal systems and processes
• Involved in all aspects of company leadership, strategy and management
• A background in commercial fresh-produce farming/growing
• Experience with regenerative or organic growing practices
• Experience leading teams in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
• An analytical and entrepreneurial mindset
• Experience managing P&L, budgets, and production forecasting
Interested to join this innovative business and in being based in Ethiopia? We would like to hear from you.
Sales Manager Senegal , Senegal
Reports to Technical & Sales Manager West Africa
Purpose of the job
The Sales Manager Senegal (or Business Development Manager) formulates the strategy of the feed department within the company strategy framework. He/she will, after approval by the General Manager, implement the strategy through effective design and management of the key areas of the department. This is in order to ensure a strong, innovative, well-positioned and growing operation, which meets the targets of the feed market of French Speaking Africa, and thereby contribute to the performance of the company. The job is reporting to the Technical & Sales Manager West Africa within the organization.
Key performance indicators
Quality of departmental staff
Satisfaction rate of accounts
Speed and effectiveness of signalling market opportunities and translation in actions
Guiding the business
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor degree (preferably in veterinary science or animal husbandry/nutrition)
Minimum 3 years years relevant experience in the region/emerging markets and in a sales environment (preferably in Feed additives)
Good technical knowledge in animal nutrition and veterinary
Experienced in giving farm support, seminars, staff training
Marketing and commercial skills
Good level of English
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager Senegal? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Global Head of Sales in Kenya , Kenya
For a client in the agri-solutions industry, we are recruiting a Global Head of Sales to scale up their team. They are looking for someone who has a high level of self motivation, with managerial experience and a great track record in sales.
The Global Head of Sales will be responsible for:
- meeting sales targets within assigned regions and accounts
- motivating and managing the sales team
- designing strategic sales plans
- Developing and promoting sales objectives
- Improving sales processes and pipeline management
- Working together with customers to better understand their goals and business needs
- Generating sales reports and forecasts for East Africa
If you are interested to be part of a compassionate, driven team that treats you like family and emphasizes open communication, and you are keen on earning commission and closing deals, this might just be the opportunity you were looking for.
Sales and Key Account Manager in Europe , Belgium
For our client who is a mine service provider, we are seeking a Sales and Key Account Manager based in Belgium, the UK or the Netherlands.
The new manager is in charge of the machines and project sales within the allocated area. He is responsible for the relationship with key customers and contractors, and for ensuring loyalty of these large accounts. The manager also coordinates the sales and After-Sales (parts and service).
How to proceed?
- The new manager will define the strategy for each key account portfolio
- Coordinate with the local teams and manage the customer relationship. Coordinate all actions during the sales process and be the go-to person for the customer
- Grow the sales and the profitability with key customer and contractorsa accounts in both parts, equipment and service.
- Visit customers regularly, on site or at headquarters and make offers
- Actively involved in making the business plan and business forecast
- Involved in proposing financing solutions by requesting relevant financial documents
- Achieve target revenue by maintaining and further developing business with existing customers
- Being actively involved in team meetings and creating an open culture that promotes discussion about everyday problems
What are the needed skills?
- University or High School degree or equivalent by experience
- Min. 6 year experience as a key account or sales manager in a mining sector is an absolute must
- Technical background
- Good knowledge in International Commercial Terms and Finance
- Good knowledge of Office Tools
- Native English speaking is mandatory and French is a plus
- Projects management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good relationship skills with both commercial and industrial clients
- Able to support diverse, multi-cultural and remote teams
- Team player
- Ability to travel : mostly in Africa, for about fourty or fifty percent to the time
Our client offers:
- A permanent contract
- Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a successfull company
- An extensive training program
- Taking initiative and further develop the function
- A competitive salary and an interesting package
Are you interested in becoming a Sales and Key Account Manager in Europe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.