Procurement and Planning Officer in Nigeria , Nigeria
The procurement and planning officer will develop and execute the company’s purchasing strategy. He/she will oversee the complete purchasing process, while maintaining the code of ethics. Purchases need to be planned and sourced from reliable vendors. The procurement officer must ensure security of supply to guarantee business continuity at any time. He/she needs to evaluate prices continuously, timely delivery needs to be ensured, and administration must be followed up.
Weekly, monthly and yearly budgets need to be drafted.
The Planning Officer will forecast business requirements, monitor inventory, and track consumption to ensure adequate and efficient usage of the services and materials.
This position requires transparency and sound internal communication. With the input of different departments, the maximum of price/quality ratio must be reached.
The environment is fast-paced and rewarding.
Most purchases are for the maintenance of our fleet and then mostly spare parts:
o Generator parts
o Engine parts
o Fishing gear
o Refrigeration parts (compressors)
o Electrical parts
o Winch parts
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of mechanics, engine, compressor, electrical parts
- Strategic mind, forward planning of purchases
- Ability to communicate effectively across different departments
- Experience with MIS reporting
- Willingness to learn
- Good intercultural and personal skills
- Strong negotiator
- Network skills; establish a strong relationship with vendors
- Must function well under pressure (e.g. emergency requirements)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly excel
- Experience with ERP Microsoft Navision/dynamics
- Excellent English speaker
- Familiar with import/export terminology, INCOTERMS
- Africa experience
Targets and KPI’s
- High compliance rate
o Ensure compliance measures are strictly followed
- Supplier evaluation
o Timely delivery
o Quality of product
- Reduction of emergency purchases
- Planning of purchases in relation to expected lead times, minimum stock levels
- Cost saving
- Local staff development
- Bachelor status
- Annual leave of 30 days per annum
- Annual ticket economy class to country of residence
- Company provides accommodation, driver and vehicle, househelp
- Medical insurance
Are you interested in becoming a Procurement and Planning Officer in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Chief Human Resource Officer in Ghana , Ghana
Department : Human Resource
Job Title : Chief Human Resource Officer
Reports to : CFO
• To identify and evaluate areas of competitive advantage through the development of Human Resources and Organizational capabilities i.e. establish manpower plans, develop and implement performance management systems.
• Oversee and administer policies, Trade Union Agreements and industry related practices that foster the desired relationships between the employees and the company.
• To ensure the availability at all times, the right calibre and adequate number of people for the efficient operations of the company.
∙ Sets up and manage HR office efficiently
∙ Develop an HR strategy aligned with company’s overall goals.
∙ Implement performance based management, eventually linked to pay.
∙ Bring technological improvements to the general management of the people resources.
∙ Identify staffing and recruiting needs, while executing best practices for hiring, talent and discipline management.
∙ Plan and lead training programs, ensuring proper execution.
∙ Drive engagement and manage employee relations hereunder negotiations with the unions.
∙ Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices and regulatory changes and apply this to changes in policy, practice, and resources.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree in the appropriate field i.e. Human Resource Management, Psychology or related disciplines with 10 years functional experience 6 years of which must be at management level.
• Must have ability to innovate, think conceptually, apply proven problem solving skills and develop appropriate solution strategies.
• Proficient in the use of Micro-soft office suit and Human Resource information management systems.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Human Resource Officer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Operations Manager Sales & Distribution in Ghana , Ghana
We are looking for an Operations Manager Sales & Distribution in Ghana. Our client is active in the aquaculture sector in Ghana.
There is a huge potential for growth and in the coming years the company wants to double their production and therefore this role is crucial to them.
The Operations Manager is mainly responsible for managing all Sales and Distribution activities for assigned depots and to all clients. In this role you will also be responsible for managing all staff to achieve sales distribution, merchandising goals, and maximization of store level sales opportunities through in-store promotions and customer service. The company wants to further implement e-commerce and making their products available for different client segments. This by ordering through apps and mobile phones and by being able to track & trace orders and distribution. The modern way of sales and distribution and a customer centric approach.
For this role we are seeking someone with an experience in tech, logistics, tools, data and he/she needs to be used to e-commerce and has ideally worked for a delivery company in Europe or elsewhere. This combined with having an experience in managing an operations, ideally in an African context.
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Manager Sales & Distribution in Ghana in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Country Manager Cote d’Ivoire , Ivory Coast
We are looking for a Country Manager to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders of our client. The Country Manager mainly has an operational role in leading the office and managing 25+ office and field staff, and a representation role towards local farmer groups and partners. However, in your role, you will be working in collaboration with the procurement team, and with project managers responsible for various portfolio’s. The role of the Country Manager is to facilitate and enable the execution of all on the ground sustainability activities from documenting land titles for 3.000 farmers to starting 100 savings groups for farmers in Ivory Coast.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Represent the organization towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feed sector developments to HQ
• Maintain meaningful relationships with govt offices and sector partners
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
2. Manage the country office with sustainability team of 50+ of program managers and field teams
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between the team members.
• Manage recruitment, HR performance management, personal development for all staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX procurement
• Ensure alignment within the team, facilitating exchange and coordination among different portfolio’s
3. Monitor progress of certification, mapping and traceability activities of suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection with project managers and the field staff;
• Directly manage the certification officer in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Provide support to M&E project manager on the strategy and execution of farmer database management, mapping and traceability recordkeeping to ensure up to date reporting to HQ
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
4. Supplier relation management and support on procurement and shipment
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on volume + sustainability premiums
• Directly manage the Shipment liaison to realize shipment
5. Finance and project audits
• Manage and optimize the expenditure of country budget and cash request, by identifying cost savings and synergies and finding solutions when budget lines risk to be exceeded
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc)
• Coordinate contracted premium payments to suppliers and liaise on cashflow for operations with financial management of suppliers
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Comfortable with intercultural communication
• Working well in a fast-paced working environment
• Self-starter, problem-solver, an ambitious and passionate worker
• Driven to improve projects and procedures
• Fluency in English and French
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager Cote d’Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Insurance & Claims Specialist in Ghana , Ghana
Department : Admin
Job Title : Insurance & Claims Specialist
Reports to : Head of Legal and Compliance
• The Insurance Claims Specialist performs a variety of activities related to all claims filed in favour and or against the company goal to maximize the recovery of losses through the timely and accurate filing of insurance claims.
• Under the direction of Head of Legal and Compliance, the Claims Specialist will also support the preparation of Legal documents, agreements and the paperwork’s related to contractual engagement.
• Determine root cause of curtailed items and determine whether supplemental claim, client expense, or loss has been incurred.
• Follow up on claim payment status for unpaid, filed claims and update the system with pending, submitted, withdrawn, and paid claim information.
• Prepare claim payment reconciliation to ensure full payment is received.
• Recommend improvements to established procedures and processes.
• Liaison between shareholder global insurance experts and local brokers.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree or its equivalent in Law or the appropriate field or related disciplines.
• Preferred 5 years functional experience 2 years at management level. Of which, 2 years’ experience in the equivalent combination of Insurance and Legal with at least 1 year experience in Insurance and or Claims.
Are you interested in becoming a Insurance & Claims Specialist in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Workshop Manager in Ghana , Ghana
Department : Assets Maintenance
Job Title : Workshop Manager
Reports to : Assets Maintenance Manager
• Responsible for ensuring that the requisite Workshop infrastructure, tools, machinery and manpower are well in place for the efficient R&M support of the Terminal Equipment & Facility including controlling the usage of spare parts and consumables.
• Functions include planning, coordinating, and monitoring preventative maintenance activities as well as trouble shooting and repairs of faults so to achieve maximum availability of equipment and a reduction in maintenance costs.
• Maintain clean and safe working environment.
Critical Success Factors
• University Degree in electrical/mechanical engineering with relevant Technical Degree or equivalent qualification.
• 10 years previous experience with at least 3 years at managerial level in an international container terminal.
• Sound knowledge of relevant electro/pneumatic/hydraulic engineering systems which include hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical circuits.
• With specific working knowledge of maintenance of Gantry Cranes, electric generators as well as Reachstackers, Empty Handlers, forklifts and other associated terminal equipment.
• Good communication skills with fluency in both written and oral English.
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CFO Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
Reports to CEO
Our client is an established international supplier of organic and Fairtrade processed food. They have developed sustainable food chains and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer. The overall responsibilities of the CFO is to manage company’s finances, manage financial planning and management of risks, analysis of data, record-keeping and financial reporting. In this role you are also overseeing the administative and HR department, as well as IT developments.
Task and responsibilities
- Organize, plan and Supervise the accounting and financial management of the structure, including the strict control of Cash Flow and the management of financing by third parties (clients or financial institutions)
- Collaborate in the establishment of accounting and financial statements; National and international reporting
- Managing and prepare budgets and their follow-ups, analyze discrepancies, recommend solutions
- Develop documents (dashboards) and procedures, in order to have cost accounting;
- Ensuring all aspects of HR are well organized, contracts, labor laws, negotiations with staff
- Follow up on data relating to payroll, leave, reimbursement of personnel costs and occupational medicine;
- Develop and optimize the tools and procedures related to the proper functioning of administrative and financial services
- Ensure the fiscal monitoring of transactions, in particular with the various national and international stakeholders (VAT, standardized invoices, withholding taxes, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with BCEAO procedures
- IT architecture watch in collaboration with external service providers.
- Supervise and carry out all the accounting entries;
- Manage arguments with the Chartered Accountant and Statutory Auditor councils,
- Assist project managers and heads of departments in the development of action programs in their budgetary aspects
- Ensure the budgetary monitoring of actions / agreements and the establishment of intermediate / final reports
- Prepare financial data for General Meetings and boards of directors: analyzes and summaries, arguments for provisions and strategic choices
- Degree in Finance & Accounting, Management or equivalent: Bac + 4/5 or equivalent level
- Mastering computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet): software skills (office automation and accounting software SAGE)
- +5 years of experience in an International company, a complex business or industry, commercial sector
- Experience in working in West African context
- entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude
- understanding of technology, IT systems
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good sense of human relations and making a social impact to the lives of people
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CEO in Ghana , Ghana
For a growing social enterprise in the water and sanitation industry, we are seeking a CEO that can take the organisation to the next level.
Purpose of the role
The CEO will lead the team through the next phase of growth. This will include taking the team through break-even to profitability and beyond. One area of growth to be examined is opportunities to replicate the business model in other suitable cities.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Evolving and defining the company strategy working with the Board and Senior Management Team
• Growing the marketing department with a clear marketing strategy to further growth
• Bearing full P&L responsibility, ensuring growth targets (revenue and profitability) are consistently met
• Operationalizing the strategy, ensuring high quality execution across all levels of the organization
• Continually improve the quality of the organization its environmental sustainability, including, but not limited to, striving for complete circularity in waste management, bringing relevant industry innovations into the value chain as appropriate.
• Furthering the culture of innovation, accountability and operational excellence, gathering ideas from staff, stakeholders and peers and bringing them to life in the team, to help growth of the organisation
• Ensuring evaluation and improvement structures remain appropriate to the size and momentum of the business, to enable a culture of continuous improvement
• Leveraging technology to ensure high quality data and detailed analytics are at the heart of all decisions made across the business, making us more efficient
• Improving the supply chain for all products and services required to deliver the highest quality service to our customers
Team/Stakeholder Development and Engagement
• Continuing the development of the team, identifying both formal and informal opportunities for team members to grow their experience and skills to advance the organization
• Keeping the safety of all stakeholders , as a core priority, ensuring all necessary licenses and procedures are in compliance with the relevant law.
• Reporting regularly to the Board, enabling them to properly govern the organization and engage with strategic decision making, leveraging their wide array of expertise
• Effectively source, test, evaluate and scale new opportunities to improve the business across all departments
• Managing investment , with the Board’s support, to reach scale ambitions, brokering and maintaining relationships with funders and building long-term sustainable partnerships
• Working closely with funders/investors to ensure reporting requirements are met and strong collaboration continues
Minimum skills and experience
• Relevant bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated experience in successfully growing a business
• Experience effectively managing budgets over 2m GH₵. Comfortable reading and interrogating various financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, financial model etc.)
• Successful management, growth and development of experienced, high performing teams
• Demonstrated experience effectively managing change and mitigating risks in a rapidly growing organisation
• Exposure working collaboratively with a board or similar body - able to extract and leverage robust critique to improve ideas and execution
• Enthusiasm to work with low-income communities in a commercial setting
• Ability to identify and scope work with subject matter experts, such as consultants, and manage them to deliver agreed results on time, to budget
• Experience of building and maintaining external stakeholder relationships to deliver strategic results
Preferred skills and experience
• Demonstrated experience growing a social enterprise or purpose-driven organisation
• Experience in fund raising, and structuring innovative growth capital
• Experience working collaboratively with an experienced Board and able to extract and leverage robust critique to improve ideas and execution
• Experience managing budgets in excess of 10 m GH₵, in particular complex budgets and across different business units and workstreams and ensuring appropriate controls are in place
• Experience working in the WASH/sanitation sector
• Experience working with local and national government and development stakeholders, sharing appropriate information and forming partnerships where sensible
• Demonstrated commitment to the improvement of society and social services in Ghana
• A relevant, advanced degree
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are you looking for international jobs in Africa? JobnetAfrica is the most reliable website for international professionals that are looking for careers in Africa. Are you looking for jobs in Africa or have you worked here before? Our platform is available for everyone who would like to live and work in one of the beautiful parts of Africa. Please have a look at our international jobs for expats in Africa.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our jobs in Africa. We leave nobody in the unknown and contact everyone who has taken time to approach us. Upload your profile on our website and make sure you do not miss out on any of your dream jobs in Africa!