Commercial Representative in Zambia , Zambia
For our client who is active in the logistics sector we are recruiting Commercial Representative in Zambia who is fluent in Mandarin and English.
• Essential – Fluent in Mandarin / English. Minimum five years’ experience in the logistics industry, of which at least three years with proven track record in sales. You should be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of general multimodal freight forwarding procedures and related documentation.
• Ideal – exposure to our markets and previously lived / worked in the region. Better still, existing home base in the region.
• Ideal – work experience across both Chinese and non-Chinese companies may bring a more balanced perspective and allow for smoother integration into our working culture, whilst still being well versed in that of Chinese business.
• Ideal – intermediate or higher level French proficiency a plus.
• Based in Lusaka, Ndola or Kitwe, with regular travel throughout Zambia (and elsewhere in the region, as new markets open up).
• Required to travel to China at least twice a year for follow ups with various head offices.
• Majority of time spent out ‘on the road’, with some associated administration / marketing / operational tasks.
• Working closely with both UK and Zambia teams. Reporting directly to UK based Managing Director and Financial Director.
Salary / Terms
• Initial 12 month contract, with 3 month probationary period.
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Representative in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Financial Office Manager , Ghana
For our international client in Accra, we are seeking a hands-on and proactive Financial Office Manager, who will be part of a relatively new and still developing office from where they service the whole of West Africa.
Being part of a startup, within a global company, being hands-on and proactive is essential to fulfill the role. A real ‘can do’ and service minded approach is required as a member of a small team.
In the position of Financial Office Manager you will be directly reporting to General Manager of West Africa.
The role is an urgent position and candidates are able to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of job:
Responsible for overall office management, most importantly collection-, consolidation-, of financial data by means of accounting, analyzing, budgeting and financial reporting. Performing this functions by using the applicable (sub) systems effectively and in line with budgets, standards and procedures, to ensure accounting information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Specific requirements that the applicant must have experience in:
- Ghana Income Tax
- Withholding taxes
- General Ghana statutory requirements and general compliance
- General accounting functions
- General office management
- Managing local and international creditors
- Foreign Exchange
- Intercompany reporting
- Min. a Bachelor Degree in accounting/finance
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- SAP experience
- MS office suit, advanced skills
- English Fluency
- Preferably having a background within an environment such as logistics, engineering, transport
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Office Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Animal nutritionist / Technical Sales Manager , Uganda
Our client is a company at the heart of animal nutrition in Europe and worldwide and because of there growth in East Africa they are looking for new employees to support that growth.
Animal nutritionists should undertake research and plan diets in order to provide domestic animals and livestock with nutritionally balanced food stuffs besides that they are also responsible for sales in their assigned territory.
Responsibilities of the job include:
• assessing the relative nutritional values of various feeds together with technical colleagues in Europe
• visiting farms and advice on nutrition
• working with customers to formulate diets that meet their requirements/objectives
• analyzing nutritional disorders
• maintaining awareness of technical and scientific developments
• Reaching the sales budget that is set by the company
• Ability to undertake independent research and give advice
• Ability to communicate with customers and colleagues in Europe (English will suffice)
• Numeracy skills
• Self management and self motivation
• Ability to write reports and keep good records
• Ability to get the sales confirmed
• Preferable MSc in Animal Nutrition
• Drivers license
What the company can offer
• Good salary and benefits, with the possibility to earn extra due to commissions
• Company car, mobile phone and laptop is provided
• Possibilities to develop yourself and learn a lot from colleagues in Europe.
Are you interested in becoming a Animal nutritionist / Technical Sales Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Data Analyst in Ghana , Ghana
Our client who is focussing on improving farmer and community livelihoods, is seeking a Business Data Analyst for their office in Ghana. This person will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. He will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements in purchases, interpretation of data and validate reconciliation to purchases.
The data analyst is a highly trained professional who performs the analysis, running various mathematical calculations to determine how the data samples might best be applied to profit the business. Most importantly, the data analyst evaluates risk; culling statistical information to determine whether a company is accidentally harming itself or in line with business strategy and goal.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Acquire data from all Functions within the company
- Maintain databases/data systems
- Use technical expertise to cull data through advanced computerized models and extrapolate data patterns.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Liaise with all functions mangers to capture data, Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Validate reconciliation to purpose using appropriate data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or Computer Science or Information Management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in management, maintenance and engineering
- Preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Financial Accountant in South Africa , South Africa
For our client, who is a food producing company, we are recruiting a Financial Accountant in South Africa.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Financial Accountant is responsible for managing an effective and efficient operation of the financial reporting and accounting function.
He/she is responsible for the financial administration of the entity, including the ledger management and control, administrative organization and application management (financial systems and records), accounting, statistics, recalculations, project administration and overall reconciliations of all GL accounts. In addition provides the business management with accurate and reliable internal financial information and external financial statements regarding the performance and the valuation of the business for various stakeholders.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the financial statements, internal controls, systems and management reports and income & expenses statements within the OpCo. He/she participates in the relevant budgeting processes, and manages the day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the company's accounting policies and procedures.
The Financial Accountant supports and assists the OpCo Controller by providing management information. In this role, the function acts as the operational conscience and the eyes and ears of management. Misinformation can lead to decisions, which in the medium term may adversely affect the business results.
He / she works closely with the Opco Controller on all accounting, reporting, and financial disclosure matters and consult often with relevant stakeholders, and confers with his / her peer Tax Manager, Treasury Manager as well as the Business Control Managers.
Accounting & Reporting
• Manages accounts payable, accounts receivable and the maintenance of the general ledger, including account reconciliations, and the production of various financial reports and statements (supporting the OpCo Controller in the preparation of financial statements and budgets), in order to provide accurate and timely financial information to management
• Prepares and/or reviews projections of accounting data to show effects of proposed changes on income and financial condition of the OpCo
• Ensures timely and correct financial disclosures for internal and external reporting
Management information and advice
• Prepares the business analyses, including management reports, stock turnover, purchasing and costs
• Identifies and flags significant operational / financial variances, and determines reasons for variances
• Advises management about possible improvements in the business
• Assists the OpCo Controller with Treasury and taxation
• Monitors the debtors and determines the liquidity planning in cooperation with the Treasury Manager when applicable
• Ensures appropriate treasury and tax accounting when applicable, in cooperation with the relevant managers
• Drafts working instructions for the staff in accordance with the company’s financial policies and procedures; where necessary, assists with daily activities; Ensures financial controls are in place and being followed
• Assists the OpCo Controller and may cover tasks in his/her absence.
• Ensures that systems and procedures are in compliance with company policies, the reporting & accounting strategy and with accounting standards, and applicable rules & regulations. Follows all IFRS and Dutch GAAP developments closely and implements new or revised accounting policies and procedures if necessary
• Responsible for the overall control of the financial administration, monitors enforcement of guidelines and guidance of all administrative processes of the entity, in order to achieve full compliance with all relevant (financial) standards.
• May participate in reporting and accounting matters of major projects, within corporate guidelines, in order to realise reporting and accounting objectives in these projects.
• Prepares (financial) audits, ensures all relevant financial information is available for internal and external Auditors
• Timeliness, accuracy and reliability of all periodic and ad-hoc reporting and management information
• Cash / debt / liquidity position
• Departmental performance, employee wellbeing (e.g. sickness absence rate, staff turnover, etc.)
• Level of compliance / non-conformities
• Interpretation and analytical skills
• Bachelor’s, Degree Accounting
• 4 – 6 years’ working experience
• Manufacturing industry background
• ERP system is a hard requirement, M3 would be advantage
• In depth knowledge in General Accounting Plan and Tax legislation
• Specific Knowledge in accounting, finance and commercial law
• IT Skills at advanced level: Ms Office and specific programs.
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Accountant in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Marketing & Communication assistant (internship) , Netherlands
Who is NABC and what do we stand for?
NABC is the leading organization for trade and investment facilitation for Africa. Based in the Netherlands, we strongly believe that the private sector has a crucial role to play towards an Africa that is economically thriving and globally competitive in trade and investment. NABC’s purpose is to inform, inspire, catalyze and connect businesses with Africa’s opportunities. We are a member-driven organisation with over 350 member companies and longstanding partnerships with representative bodies. The main activities of NABC include:
Organizing trade missions to and from many African countries.
Organizing networking events, conferences and knowledge sessions about doing business in Africa.
Strategic programs to strengthen the positioning and role of Dutch businesses in Africa.
Customized services, such as position papers, consultancy and individual matchmaking.
The Africa Works! Conference: http://www.africaworks.nl/
For more about NABC you can check out nabc.nl or watch our corporate video.
We are looking for a marketing and communication talent to reinforce our team in The Hague. Are you interested in a dynamic internship in an international business environment, and in playing a crucial role in the success of our foundation and in the socio-economic development of African countries? At NABC, interns are given many opportunities to take on the full responsibilities of their tasks.
NABC website: keep it up to date with valuable content, by providing our network with latest news about upcoming events or trade missions, and with news about doing business in Africa
Creating promotional communication material: this includes the development of flyers and presentations and the design of all marketing tools.
Provide content and lay-out for NABC’s bi-weekly newsletter and send it out to all our members and other business contacts.
Consolidating and improving NABC’s presence and visibility on social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook and twitter
Online & Offline Marketing and Communication support to your colleagues before and during their events
Join our team in The Hague for a 6-month internship as a Marketing & Communication assistant
You are in the final stages of HBO/WO education, in a relevant educational field
Familiar with the professional use of social media
Familiar with design tools, such as InDesign
A working proficiency in Dutch or English, preferably both. French is an absolute bonus
Able to work independently, and in a team, with an eye for detail and a ‘hands-on’ mentality,
Required to be available for 6 months to complete the internship and eligible to study/ work in the Netherlands
You are available 5 days per week.
Remuneration: € 400 per month on a fulltime basis
Starting date 1st februari 2019
Are you interested in becoming a Marketing & Communication assistant in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Sales Manager Eggs in South Africa , South Africa
Reporting - Managing Director South Africa & Director Sales MEA
Office - office in Johannesburg,
Region - mainly South Africa (but sometimes also Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Angola & Madagascar = Area "Sub Sahara")
- All Sales Activities in South Africa, seldomly in Area "Sub Sahara"
- In the future new sales employees are planned to be recruited in countries listed above
- Introducing all housing equipment to existing and new customers in SA (also development of new business)
- Sales focus: housing equipment for 1x poultry & 1x laying hens
- Detailed explanation of the technical products to customers
- Technical knowledge in laying hens, experience in agriculture business and sales experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in Afrikaans and also English language skills
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager Eggs in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Project Manager in South Africa , South Africa
Our client, who is an international business association based in Johannesburg, South Africa, is looking for a Project Manager – Market Entry Services to join their team.
The business development department offers market entry support. This includes the provision of market information, as well as the conduction of services like business partner searches, market studies, delegations and trade fair support. The project manager is responsible for acquisition and implementation of projects and services.
- Responding to general market entry requests
- Project acquisition, budgeting, planning and execution
- Implementation of activities, like trade fair promotion, delegations and research
- Reporting and cost calculation
- General project administration within the business development department
- (University) qualification in business/ administration/ finance
- Experience in project management
- Extensive knowledge of MS-Office programs
- Highly organized team-player
- Self-motivated, creative thinking, problem solving
- Fluent in written and spoken English language
- German language skills are an important advantage
- Ability to build, maintain and extend industry-specific networks
- Ability to present to an audience/ extensive communication skill
What we offer
We offer an autonomously working environment within an experienced and friendly team, international driven with varied tasks. We offer a competitive salary.
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.