Our client is a company specialized in industrial packaging. For their regional office in Abidjan they are looking for a Business Development Manager, responsible for West Africa.
Current activities in the region:
The business segment, besides some mining opportunities ,focusses more on the food processing segment for cocoa and cashew and other agricultural produce. Besides Ivory Coast they would like to boost business development in surrounding countries and different business segments.
Work to perform:
- Perform regional market study and competitive analysis – draft development strategy for West African countries
- Lead and explore local partnerships with distributors and partners to boost development in the wider region – identification of right partners.
- Aggressively increase sales in new segments
Profile of Business Developer West Africa:
Responsible for the business development in West Africa (Ghana, Mali, Senegal, Togo, Cameroon, Benin, Mauritania and Gabon.
The Business developer is considered to:
- Organize business development missions in West Africa
- Development of the markets in West Africa
- Make an analysis of the competition and investigate opportunities
- Work closely with the sales team, to make sure customer service is optimal
- Travel to other offices of the company in Africa and Europe for training and reporting purposes
- Create a close relationship with different departments, like supply chain, international, communications, etc., with whom you built a professional relationship
- Follow all corporate policies, enforce them and be compliant in all areas, externally and internally
Knowledge & skills
- Proven capability to work under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of English and French languages in both writing and verbal
- Dedicated, result-driven and decisive
- Strong analytical and strategical skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal to persuade and direct
- The build an extensive relationship with clients and suppliers
- The ability to negotiate
- Fast learner
- Knowledge of the African market is a benefit
- Knowledge of the French language is a must
- Passion for business development
- Affinity with logistics
- Intrigued by the African continent
- Sense of adventure and enjoy travel
Experience & Attitude
- You are an initiative taker, proactive and a good problem solver
- You can work independently, but are also a team player
- Flexible, good time management
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Motivated and energetic
Are you interested in becoming a Business Developer West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a global feed company with business units in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America. Their business unit in Ethiopia is rapidly growing. They are going to expand our production capacity on the short term. In this position you are the local contact for our company's engineers and together with them and your local Ethiopian team you are responsible for the implementation of a project locally and to make sure our factory runs in the best possible way in order to deliver the right quality of feed to our customers in Ethiopia.
What does our client expect from a Technical Manager?
You negotiate with local contractors and you finalize contracts with them for the installation and civil work in the company's factory in order realize the expansion project as soon and smooth as possible. You are also the first responsible for curative and preventive maintenance. In close cooperation with the local production manager and together with your team of electricians and mechanics, you are responsible for planning, designing and executing preventive maintenance programs as well as trouble shooting and curative maintenance. One of your aims is to make the mechanics and electricians become better in their job by being more effective and efficient. Together with the company's engineers from the global technical department, you discuss about the scope of the project, product specifications, the implementation process etc. You will implement maintenance software with guidance and support from the company's global technical support team. You will make downtime visible and will minimize this downtime.
What does our client expect from a Technical Manager?
You have completed a relevant education in electro mechanics or mechanics or have experience in these fields. You have at least 2 years of experience in a technical / maintenance role, preferably within a manufacturing company. You have the ability to convince others and to adapt your professional approach to the local circumstances. Preferably you have project management skills and proven experience in leading technical projects. You are fluent in English, both orally and written. You consider it as a challenge to develop and motivate people within the Ethiopian culture in their job and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
You have the following personal characteristics: analytical, hands-on, decisive, energetic, honest, results-oriented and problem-solving. You are willing to live in Ethiopia for at least the next three years.
What does our client offer a Technical Manager?
You will work in an international environment where you will be able to develop yourself, both personally and professionally. Our client offers you a full time job with an attractive compensations and benefits package.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Ethiopia and working in an international environment? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, who is a food producing company, we are recruiting an Export Administrator in South Africa.
Key Performance areas:
• Receiving orders from customers and area sales manager
• Prepare proforma invoice which includes all accurate costs and getting confirmation from customers
• Organize the planning of production and transport
• Inform the customers on their orders
• Deal with regulation (permits) & inspections
• Review all open sales order and follow-up regarding payment
• Review all processed orders to ensure price and quantity is correct
• Review each customer order in line with the credit terms associated with that customer and report any non-compliances to Export Manager/Sales Director
• Administer the export of product to the relevant destination and ensuring timeous delivery and error free documentation
• Complete the necessary daily/ weekly/monthly updates, schedules and reports to control and monitor the required export function
• Plan all vessel/ carrier bookings with the relevant transporters to ensure accurate schedules and delivery lead times
• Ensure correct transport, freight and clearing charges are invoiced by service providers and arrange sign-off in order to affect timely payment of these accounts
• Take ownership to obtain all relevant information needed to complete the clearing instruction for each consignment, ensuring the details declared are complete and accurate
• Ensuring company compliance with current export and trade legislation and providing a service function to the group
• Grade 12 / Matric
• Export Degree / Diploma
• 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Computer literacy (MS Office)
• General Sales or Export Administration in terms of International norms
• Negotiation skills
• Financial Administration of the export function
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Action orientation
• Customer services orientated
Are you interested in becoming an Export Administrator in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client, who is a food producing company, we are recruiting a Business IT Manager for South Africa and Zambia.
Key Performance areas:
• Contributes to IT Strategy
• Contributes to the definition of the IT structures like organization, application landscape, processes (ITIL and policies)
• Takes the lead in and organizes IT Strategy Progress meeting with Management or has update meetings with the operating company Management.
• Provide and deliver local and central support and training on the industrial IT applications and infrastructure
• Deliver the Industrial IT solutions to the operating company through implementation projects
• Contribute in defining requirements and demands in the Industrial IT area together with the relevant global team and R&D
• Collaborate with local automation system vendors for IT related tasks (Industrial Network, Thin clients, Operator Station .etc.)
Planning and Budget Control:
• Accountable of the IT budget of the operating company and takes corrective actions when necessary and ensures adequate reporting within Corporate and guidelines, to ensure that the operating company delivers its budget and meets KPI objectives
• Provides input for the quarterly roadmap
• Responsible for IT purchase
• Ensures the operating company specific applications are managed (Service Level Management)
• Manage inventory of Business IT requirements in the local organization in close contact with business peers ensuring that prioritized requirements are mapped and execution is secured locally or in conjunction with Global IT synergy
• Coordinate with IT-related external vendors & suppliers
• Defines the IT requirements in the operating company
• Implements the company's IT projects, processes (ITIL) and process related policies
• Coordinates with IT support team to provide support for colleagues on daily basis
• Provide local support and training on IT applications
• Responsible for Network infrastructure
• Maintains ERP system operation (M3 is a plus)
Risk, Security & Compliance:
• Identifies, assesses, manages and controls risks when performing business activities
• Implements & coordinates RSC activities within the organization
• Embed risk and control systems
Program / Project Management:
• Accountable for the operating company IT program
• Monitors the performance of projects/programs and benefits evaluation
• Responsible for commercial IT projects ( Microsoft CRM, Business Intelligence, Business Web applications, mobile Appetc)
• Degree / Professional qualifications in IT
• Experience in IT at managerial position (both manufacturing and commercial environment would be advantageous
• Deep understanding of both business process and system (M3) logic be able to link them together in a professional way. Accounting knowledge is a plus.
• Project management and change management ability/potential
• Networks and General knowledge of IT
• Ability to travel
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Action orientation
• Customer services orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Business IT Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The person will be responsible for achieving plant reliability objectives. These will include implementation of programs as RCM, PdM, PM and asset management program.
• Implementation of RCM program.
• Increase the use of analytical technologies in order to extend predictive maintenance program.
• Analyze equipment for bad actors and facilitate solutions
Asset management program:
• Implementation/review of Asset Criticality
• Review PM and PdM basis criticality.
• Asset monitoring according priority and criticality
Organize and implement energy consumption monitoring program and develop proposals for savings. Including structured program to identify leakage of water and compressed air
Spare parts inventory:
• Identification of critical spares
• Advise on re-order point and –quantity.
• Advise on measures to maintain spares in good condition during their shelve life.
Supervision during works by companies staff and contractors:
Focus on execution according:
• Cargill standards including EHS Quality and Food Safety standards
• Contractor requirements
Execution of maintenance program:
• Cooperate with planner in order to set the right priorities
• Evaluation of performed jobs to identify effectiveness/results.
• Permanent evaluation of pro-active work (PM and PdM) in order to fine tune maintenance program.
• B.Sc. in mechanical, electrical, or other relevant engineering field.
• Proven experience in operation and or maintenance utilities installations and related equipment
• Demonstrated ability to supervise junior staff and local contractors
• Experience in using computerized maintenance programs
• Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Project, Maximo, Autocad)
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment, and failures
• Strong skills in human relations: many relations to be built, on a non-hierarchical basis.
• Performing duties other than the ones relative to Reliability Engineer when requested
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong and proven experience with Utilities related equipment as air compressors, refrigeration plant, boiler house and steam distribution, generators
• “Hands-on” mentality
• Experience in use of predictive maintenance technologies, such as infra-red, vibration monitoring, ultra sound
For a multinational company that is expanding their business, we are recruiting a Sourcing Manager. This person will be responsible for all sourcing activities within all the districts under the manager’s jurisdiction.
The main activities include: oversight of sourcing transaction processes and inventory/sourcing records, local sourcing support and planning, supplier events and relationships development, sourcing strategies, as well as talent, resource and budget management.
• Preparation and presentation of budget and periodic financial report to directors and other stakeholders and offer professional advice when needed
• Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
• Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
• Forecast purchase volume for the season and provide same information for budget preparation.
• Prepare weekly management report (Returns) detailing cash disbursement, and total stocks purchased within the districts under the managers control.
• Assign target to direct report based on forecasts and compare the actual against budget
• Maintain system to measure the performance and to coach and develop high performing team
• Organize, coordinate and have general oversight of all the activities of the District Sourcing Leads and ensure that resources sent to the districts are used for its intended purpose.
• Enforce the safety, food safety, equipment safety, fire protection, security rules and takes all necessary actions to maintain a safe, food safe, secured environment.
- B.Sc. Economics or Marketing or Bachelor of Commerce, Masters degree will be an advantage
- Significant experience in commercials or sourcing
• Budget management
• Negotiating skills
• Numeracy skills
• Influencing skills
• Good communication skills
• Commercial skills
• Calm under pressure
Are you interested in becoming a Sourcing Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a European cocoa trading company which does business in Asia, Latin America and West Africa.
Sustainability is an important value of the company.
Our client is looking for a regional project manager in West Africa to manage projects, mainly in Ivory Coast. Together with the companies' local sustainability team in Côte d'Ivoire and program partners they need you to increase impact in their supply chains, set-up and supervise programs, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure. You will be the connector of their middlemen, exporters, farmer communities, NGO’s, public and private parties, and research institutes. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Follow-up on program design and execution in Côte d'Ivoire, but with regular travels to Ghana, Nigeria, and Cameroon.
- Up-scale and execute program activities that were initiated together with supply chain partners.
- Support fundraising for (new) programs.
- Maintain relationships with our clients, exporters and farmer groups.
- Identify co-investors and new local partners for program up-scaling.
- Support the companies' M&E structure, existing of open source software (QGIS, R).
You will be working in our clients' dynamic sustainability team in Côte d'Ivoire. You will strengthen relationships with partners and local suppliers in the mentioned countries in close collaboration with the sustainability field teams in our headquarters in Europe and the other origins.
We are looking for
- At least two years of experience in the international development sector.
- An academic degree in agriculture, international development studies, or other related fields.
- A confident and strong negotiator.
- Fluent in French and English.
- We are looking for a self-starter.
- Excellent presentation, communication and networking skills.
- Bush proof.
- An ambitious and motivated worker that likes to work in a start-up environment with minimum facilities and resources.
- Prepared to work in West Africa for a minimum of 3 years.
40 hours per week.
Based in Abidjan, Ivory Coast with regular travels to other West African countries.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Job Title: Managing Director PAIX Côte d’Ivoire
Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
PAIX Data Centres is a Pan-African provider of cloud- and carrier-neutral colocation data centre services and is headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. PAIX was founded in 2016 by a team of data centre, telecom industry and investment professionals with a track record in the African market. In their data centre operations, they aim to offer a leading global quality service level to their national and international customer base across the African continent.
For their office in Abidjan they are looking for a Managing Director to drive their strategic expansion and grow their business in Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast).
Scope of the position:
The Managing director Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) is responsible for the local country P&L and country operation, inclusive but not limited to, finance, HR, Sales, Marketing and Operations with a view to achieving maximum return on investment and economic success that is in line with the overall company strategy. He/ She will work closely with the Senior Management Team in South Africa and Europe, and lead the local management team by providing strategic direction for the country office and ensuring it is aligned with PAIX’s overall business strategy.
• Provide strategic direction for local country organization
• Manage effectiveness of local teams
• Manage financial and operational local country organisation
• Ensure optimal functioning of sales & marketing processes
• Maintain full overview of local operations
• Adherence to local regulations
Qualifications & Work experience:
• University degree in Business, Finance and/or Marketing.
• 6+ years of experience in Finance, Business Development and/ or Sales in a corporate organisation.
• Experience in supervising personnel and managing budgets is required.
• Management experience in a Director role is an asset.
• Experience in a telecommunications or technology company would be an advantage.
• Experience working in Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) is preferred.
• Ability to develop effective & sustainable business strategies in order to grow the country organisation.
• Ability to provide leadership and direction to local teams and to build, motivate & develop individual team members to achieve business targets.
• Strong entrepreneurial and networking skills with a view to maximising results and building long-term customer relations.
• Ability to deliver the highest level of customer service.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and convincingly.
Fluency in English and French is essential.
What we offer:
PAIX offers the right candidate a challenging role in a growing international organisation and the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to our growth and ambitions. We offer an excellent salary, benefits, bonus and equity participation.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.