Saw Mill Manager in Ghana , Ghana
For our client active in the timber industry in Ghana, we are looking for a Saw Mill Manager.
• Main job will be to manage the sawmill starting from grading of logs, cross cutting the logs to length, sawing, edging and cross cutting the lumber with knowledge in Kiln drying and grading and packing lumber for export.
• Your role if Saw doctoring is included: will entail Repairing saws, Sharpening, and setting saws and replacing saw blades, Welding tools and saws, Straightening and stretching steel saw blades etc
• Working safely and following appropriate OH&S practices is essential.
• Training and improving Operations (and teams)
• Key words : Grade logs | Cross Cut logs – according to contract | Planning logs | Lumber | Kiln drying | Doctoring Knowledge (plus) | Sustainable forest | Tropical Timber ( if no knowledge in tropical timber we may educate and train and teach about the various species in Africa).
Are you interested in becoming a Saw Mill Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire , Ivory Coast
1. FOB Business for Cocoa Beans and Products
a. With the support of the manager, develop market understanding and relationships with FOB suppliers for cocoa beans and products in West and East Africa.
b. With the support of the manager and the trading desk in Malaysia, advise on purchasing of cocoa beans and products, and eventually independently negotiate purchase contracts with suppliers.
c. With the support of the trading desk, advise on the hedging of outright contracts and the fixation of differential contracts.
d. Ensure smooth execution of contracts, including lot approval, provision of shipping instructions, quality and weight control, approval of export documentation and payment to the supplier.
e. Further strengthen relationships with the cocoa regulatory bodies in Ivory Coast (Conseil Café Cacao) and Ghana (Cocobod).
f. Provide weekly updates on the execution of purchase contracts, identify market and logistical risks and resolve issues immediately.
g. Travel within Ivory Coast and within the region required to build relationship with suppliers and understand situation on the ground.
h. Identify suppliers that offer the potential for a partnership, including among others sustainability activities and logistics solutions.
i. Provide monthly reporting on quality and weight loss performance of FOB purchases on arrival.
2. Local Bean Exports in Ivory Coast
a. Produce a feasibility study on local bean export license in Ivory Coast including among other things: potential suppliers, cocoa bean cleaning operators, financing facilities, forwarding operators, HR requirements, costing based on minimum volume, deadlines by the regulator.
b. Move from the feasibility study to application for an export license if market conditions are favourable and management decides to go ahead.
c. Hiring of necessary staff required to run bean export operations.
d. Establish supplier network of local middlemen (traitants) and later integrate cooperatives to supply project cocoa
3. Processing Factory in Ivory Coast
a. Support the country manager in necessary administrative and official tasks to obtain land, licenses and knowledge required to build a cocoa processing factory in Abidjan.
b. In particular provide input on the operational side of the cocoa beans supply for the plant.
4. Market Info
a. Discus with local and international market participants to get insights into local and international market developments.
b. Share market insight and updates with the trading desk in Malaysia.
c. Develop your own view on the physical and paper markets.
d. Provide weekly and monthly updates on arrival figures, export statistics, weather and other available information.
a. Support the sustainability manager in the integration between sustainability projects and commercial suppliers, ranging from international traders, local exporters to local cooperatives.
b. Support the sustainability manager on the management of credit balance.
a. Assist the country manager and the trading team in Malaysia on any other tasks and projects requirement. This might include pricing and margin management on the sales side and providing market updates to our sales teams in Asia, Europe and US.
Are you interested in becoming an Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Human Resource Manager in Ghana , Ghana
For a company within the agricultural industry, we are seeking an experienced HR Manager to become the Head of department. The start date for this role is January 2021 preferably, because of a replacement. The company is offering all kind of services to farmers and they are working according to international standards. The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure all Human Resources related policies, procedures and standards of practice are in place, are current and adhered to. Recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees. Payroll management.
The company is currently going through a restructuring and we are therefore seeking a strong candidate with an experience in restructuring of departments and/or companies.
In this role you are directly reporting to the Operations Manager and you will have an Assistant that is reporting to you in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Accomplishes human resource objectives by facilitating processes for: recruiting, orientating, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; and manage existing employees.
• Monitoring, appraising, reviewing and maintaining personnel records of performance reviews
• Developing, reviewing, revising and ensuring compliance with of HR policies and procedures.
• Maintaining records, management and analyses of all staff training, workshops, seminars and meetings attended by or organized for staff development.
• Management of Payroll
• Execute Management decisions, change management proposals, dismissal, resignation and end of service
• Contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; providing leadership in professional societies
• Degree/Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management
• Preferably experience in an agricultural environment
• Minimum 3 – 5 years proven leadership and management experience in a Human Resources Management role and a total of 7-10 years of experience in HR.
• Current knowledge and application of labour and labour related legislative frameworks
• + 2 years of experience with change management, restructuring of department or companies
• Putting procedures and processes in place
• Experience with Unions in Ghana
• Employee branding and employee satisfaction
Are you interested in becoming a Human Resource Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Global Sales and Procurement Manager Fresh Produce , Kenya
Location: Kenya or remote.
Our client, an agricultural technology and data science company, is looking for a Head of Offtake & Partnerships (HOP) with deep expertise in buying and selling produce in Europe, Africa & Middle East. The HOP will be a key member of the leadership team and primarily responsible for driving the company's global selling strategy and building future offtake capacity to accommodate our client's growth. The HOP will be instrumental in building the growth plan as the management team will rely on their expertise to provide insight into which products (fresh and processed) the company should grow into. In the longer term, the HOP will be responsible for building scalability into the business model by forging long term partnerships with offtakers. The Farm General Manager will report directly to the CEO and CFO (the co-founders).
A successful HOP will ensure that the company has guaranteed contracts in place prior to deploying more acres under management. Successful contracts guarantee volume and price to reduce risk of failure to pay & lock in revenue targets. The HOP will be responsible for managing and maintaining buyer relationships and be responsible for buyers paying on time.
● Securing offtake contracts with agreed volume and price for existing products (Garlic and Herbs - Thyme and Mint)
● Finding other opportunities for high value produce contracts for fresh or processed (i.e. powdered, oil, dried, etc.) produce
● Managing all buyer relationships in Kenya and abroad
● Growing our non-kenyan buyer base
● Building capacity and using the company's network/reputation to get contracts signed before produce is available
● You are directly responsible for:
○ Executing offtake contracts and making sure they are in place and honoured before the company deploys resources for associated acreage growth (i.e. creating a runway of demand)
○ Finding new opportunities for growth within different product categories & reporting back with detailed pricing and demand
○ Managing buyer relationships and making sure they pay on time
○ Hiring and managing a team as needed
○ Reporting opportunities to management team
Requirements (non negotiable):
● 7+ years working in produce buying/selling and or ingredient sourcing
● Strong proactive communications ability, verbally and in written communications, i.e. you will be expected to provide weekly updates on progress with metrics
● Familiarity with all Google Suite products (Gmail, google docs, sheets)
● Availability to live and work in Kenya (not mandatory)
● 3 strong references from established companies/procurement operations
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Offtake & Partnerships in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
General Manager in Uganda , Uganda
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director in Togo , Togo
Our client is an established organic and Fairtrade player. They have developed sustainable food chains in South America and Africa and they are looking for a Managing Director for their Togo start up - about 30 permanent staff and up to 30 seasonal workers generating a turnover of around 4 M Euro per year.
The purpose of the job is to build a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the Leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to build a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part.
The Managing Director heads the Management Committee made off three director’s functions:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
• Lead and sustain the Management committee of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop and optimise business processes, policies and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPI to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations build on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years’ experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Lome, Togo
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• French & English (written and spoken)
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Togo? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director Logistics , East Africa
For a large logistics service provider in East Africa, we are looking for an MD.
Expanding local market as well as regional market, whilst maintaining high quality and growing a happy and well performing team.
Previous experience as General Manager, Country Manager, Regional Manager or the like for a logistics company in East Africa.
Interested in this? Please apply here.
Maintenance manager in Ethiopia , Ethiopia
We are recruiting a maintenance manager for a European company.
Analyzing and optimizing functional, corrective, and preventive maintenance, on quality, costs and reliability;
Making maintenance and improvement plans and updating them in the maintenance management system;
Perform root cause analyzes when failures or faults occur;
Stock management of the materials;
'On the job' training of operators and colleagues;
Managing quotations, project requests and technical information;
Supervising work in progress, also by third parties;
Multiple years of work experience in a manufacturing environment;
A completed education in mechatronics, electrical or mechanical engineering;
Being able to work independently;
Knowledge of manufacturing processes;
Being able to set priorities and take decisions;
A team player with great English communication skills;
Excellent organizational skills;
A hands-on approach and thinking in solutions.
Conditions of employment
A car for both work and private use;
Are you interested in becoming a Maintenance manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.