Sales Manager in South Africa , South Africa
For our client, a European company active in the food ingredients industry, we are looking for a Sales Representative who will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Support of existing customers and acquisition of new customers.
• Detailed negotiations with customers about contract contents
• Participation in the strategic development of the target markets
• Reliable budget and forecast planning
• Representing our company at the customer
• Competitive analysis and observations
• Visits to trade fairs and organization of local workshops
• Commercial training of on-site representatives and junior salespeople
• Commercial projects outside own sales area
Personal and professional requirements
• Ideally full degree, e.g. in business administration
• At least 5 years of professional experience in sales and ideally in MEA within the food ingredients industry
• Willingness to travel extensively for customer service and product presentations
• High customer orientation
• Intercultural competencies
• Business fluent English language skills
• Good MS Office skills
The MEA Sales Manager should...
• possess a high level of commitment, initiative and flexibility
• have the ability to learn fast
• Be able to adapt well and interact appropriately with different interlocutors
• be able to communicate proactively across all hierarchical levels
• be assertive
• be a team player
• be able to represent the corporate values internally and externally
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Representative in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Group Sustainability Project Manager (GSPM)
Reporting to: Group Sustainability Manager
Summary of therole
our client is investing in an ambitious, decade-long sustainability program covering human rights, carbon emissions, agroforestry and farmer support, with global workstreams planned in coffee producing countries all over the world. The sustainability strategy stands or falls on your ability to plan and coordinate the execution of multiple projects working across different time zones with global teams - the GSPM is the linchpin of the organization's sustainability program. Working with a number of workstream leads your task is to design an implementation roadmap for the global sustainability program and to create a global project management dashboard and a robust system of accountability and reporting.
You are expected to be a highly motivated and thoroughly experienced project management professional and team leader who works very well in a multicultural context. You are able to adopt flexible working hours and have experience in leading teams in a complex matrix organization. In your previous jobs you have managed global multi-million dollar rural development programs and/or worked as a professional project manager and team leader in projects within large organizations with global coverage.
Experience of coffee or similar agricultural value chains would be a strong advantage but as the chosen candidate you must first and foremost be an experienced project manager with a proven track record of delivering largescale global projects in emerging markets, on time and on budget.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic growing global family business, being part of a transformation that will ultimately put sustainability at the center of their mission, improving engagement with all value chain partners.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for overall project management of the global sustainability program, managing multiple project streams, team leaders, progress reporting and data.
• Daily coordination with subject matter experts and the global execution teams to establish and monitor work plans and deliverables for each region
• Participation in development and refinement of the overall sustainability strategy as a key member of the sustainability leadership team
• Preparation of regular progress reports and participation in update meetings to senior internal and external stakeholders (you will be supported by a global M& E Manager and team)
• With support from a strategic communications manager, you will be responsible for implementing a 360 degree communications strategy on the activities of the sustainability department.
• Contribute directly to helping position the business as an industry leader in sustainability (vis a vis roasters, banks and farmers)
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• At least a bachelor’s degree
• Advanced training and certification in Project Management
• At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position, preferably related to project implementation, with a track record of leading teams
• Experience building and running large, complex projects - ideally multicountry, multi-stakeholder projects in agriculture and/or rural development.
• Lengthy experience of working in emerging markets
• You have gravitas, an obvious sense of experience, but remain approachable and comfortable as a mentor, team leader
• Ability to work across different cultures and nationalities (excellent EQ and CQ)
• Ability to work in partnership and across boundaries to achieve results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude.
• Comfortable working in a matrix reporting environment – you are focused on getting the job done and ensuring “no-one is left behind” when communicating objectives and expectations
Strong verbal and written English; fluency in other languages (Spanish, French) is an asset.
Are you interested in becoming a Group Sustainability Project Manager (GSPM) in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Farm Manager in Ethiopia , Ethiopia
Our client, who is a well-established exporting company in horticulture produce, is searching for an experienced Farm Manager for one of their locations in Ethiopia.
The farm manager will be responsible for the daily management of the farm. He / she will play a pivotal in driving team spirit, cooperation between teams on the farm, as well as ensuring good quality and timely output.
• Proven management skills and experience (5+ yrs.)
• Great communicator
• High energy, hands-on
• Agricultural background
• Has managed a farm or large operation before
• Experience in developing countries
Nice to have:
• Horticultural experience
• Experience in Ethiopia
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Chef(fe) du département des infrastructures , Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Le département des infrastructures
Le département des infrastructures a un rôle central au sein du parc. Il appuie tous les départements de l’organisation : sécurité, tourisme, agriculture, entreprenariat, aviation, charroi, etc. La liste n’inclut pas le programme électricité qui est géré par une structure distincte.
Les activités (projets) du département sont très variés. Ils incluent la construction de nouveaux lodges touristiques, de camps fortifiés pour les gardes, de clôtures électriques en bordure du parc, de parcs industriels, de conduites d’adduction d’eau pour la population riveraine, de routes (pistes et dessertes agricoles), etc. Outre les activités de construction, l’entretien des installations existantes est centrale afin d’assurer leur pérennité.
Outre les compétences en architecture et gestion de chantier, chaque projet requiert la planification et le déploiement d’une logistique complexe. Ceci est particulièrement le cas pour les travaux dans des zones isolées à l’intérieur du parc qui sont parfois sujettes à une relative insécurité.
Le département compte 90 effectifs : ingénieurs civils, architectes, électriciens, plombiers, menuisiers, soudeurs, responsable administratif et financier. Quotidiennement, entre 200 et 300 travailleurs journaliers sont embauchés sur les différents chantiers.
Responsabilités et activités principales
Le Chef du département des infrastructures supervise 5 grands pôles d’activités.
Le bureau d’étude
Le bureau d’étude prend en charge la conception des dossiers d’avant-projet, des dossiers d’exécution (concernant l’architecture, la stabilité et les techniques spéciales) et le calcul des budgets. Il établit une prévision détaillée des états de besoin nécessaires pour chaque projet.
Le bureau d’exécution
Le bureau d’exécution est actuellement composé de 5 chef de chantiers. Ils prennent en charge l’exécution des projets : construire conformément aux plans d’exécution et aux règles de l’art de la construction, superviser les corps de métier présents sur le chantier, contrôler l’application des techniques spéciales, assurer la gestion financière et le recrutement de la main d’œuvre occasionnelle, gérer les stocks d’équipement et matériaux.
Les clôtures électriques
Les clôtures électriques préviennent les destructions des cultures par les animaux du parc. Elles totalisent une centaine de kilomètres à ce jour. La distance qu’elles couvrent s’agrandira fortement au cours des prochaines années. Une équipe de 8 personnes assure leur construction et leur entretien. Elles font appel chaque jour à 100 travailleurs journaliers en moyenne.
L’entretien et les petits travaux
Le parc construit et gère de nombreuses infrastructures. Un programme d’entretien et/ou de rénovation est indispensable. Une équipe de techniciens s’y consacre. Elle assure aussi les petits travaux.
Le bureau administratif et financier
Un Responsable Administratif et Financier (RAF) assiste le Chef de Département. Cette dimension du travail est susceptible de croître afin d’appuyer le nombre croissant de projets exécutés par le département.
Profil: Ingénieur civil, ingénieur en construction, ingénieur architecte ou architecte
Expérience: 5+ années d’expérience dans le domaine de l’architecture et/ou de la construction
Chef hiérarchique: Directeur des opérations du PNVI
Qualifications et compétences requises:
• Excellente maitrise des règles de construction
• Excellente maitrise des règles d’architecture
• Excellente maitrise dans l’élaboration des plans architecturaux, de stabilité et de techniques spéciales
• Sens créatif élevé pour la conception des projets
• Notions en électricité domestique et en plomberie
Pourquoi venir au Parc National des Virunga ?
• Salaire compétitif ;
• Contrat de 2 ans (renouvelable) avec 3 mois de période d’essai ;
• Couverture médicale ;
• Logement, restauration sur site et transport pris en charge par l’employeur ;
• Dispositif de sécurité pour la mise en œuvre des activités sur le terrain.
Outre des conditions contractuelles avantageuses, vous :
• Aurez l’opportunité de contribuer directement à l’amélioration et au développement du PNVI,
• Bénéficierez d’une indépendance importante dans la mise en œuvre de votre travail,
• Vivrez dans un endroit unique au monde (au départ du quartier-général du parc à Rumangabo), classé au patrimoine mondial de l’UNESCO, tout en profitant des aspects plus sociaux d’une grande ville telle que Goma (1h à 3h de route des différents camps),
• Pourrez évoluer à long terme dans l’organisation.
• Bonne maitrise des logiciel Autocad, Sketchup, Word et Excel
• Excellente gestion d’équipes (autorité et sensibilité)
• Excellentes capacités d’organisation et de planification (logistique et budget) logistique
• Indépendance et attitude orientée vers la résolution de problèmes
• Une expérience pratique en RDC et/ou en Afrique subsaharienne est un avantage
• La connaissance du swahili est un avantage
Business Developer in Egypt , Egypt
Our client active in the Food and Beverage sector is looking for a Business Developer in order to strengthen their MEA (Middle East & Africa) sales team. The candidate should be based in Egypt, since there is a growing market which is crucial for our client’s export strategy based on a sustainable business philosophy.
The Business Developer will be responsible for generating sales volumes by developing partnerships and building strong brand awareness.
Requested are also very good competences in brand management, investments and (data) analytics.
What is the challenge?
• The Business Developer will lead and influence the sales growth plan for Egypt and will contribute to put in place the company’s value management and brand marketing programs with the client’s partners and marketeers. The BD will do so by evaluating new routes into the market and finding new ones to grow the company’s portfolio. Besides, the BD will be responsible for the training of the company’s partners in order to align with them about the plans to be implemented in the respective countries.
• The BD will be reporting to the Senior Sales Manager for Middle East & North Africa.
- The candidate must be living in Egypt and must have experience in sales and/or business development in the region.
- The candidate should hold a commercial Bachelor or, ideally, a master’s degree plus 3 – 5 years of experience in an international sales role, preferably in the FMCG.
- The BD should have good financial acumen and strong marketing experience with a proven ability to build trustworthy relationships, influence people through open and relevant communication and work independently.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-growing and dynamic company and would like to become a Business Developer in Egypt, please apply at the top or bottom of our page (we kindly ask you to send your application in ENGLISH).
Technical Manager in Tanzania , Tanzania
JobnetAfrica has partnered with ENZA zaden in Tanzania to find them a highly hands-on Technical Manager who will improve their preventative maintenance schedules and who coordinates the technical team. This great opportunity is based in Arusha, the East African heart of the vegetable breeding and a beautiful location and is a family-owned business within a high-tech environment.
ENZA Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. They produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. Please check out the animation video as below.
For more than 80 years ENZA has been working with the best that nature offers. They support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
Strong, healthy, tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
ENZA Zaden’s strength? More than 2.000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, they continuously invest in knowledge and skills with the Enza Academy and under the flag of enzActive they organise various sports activities to stay healthy.
Interested? Please continue reading.
What are you going to do?
As Technical Manager you will be accountable for the operational day-to-day technical related activities at the station. Key responsibilities include flawless and timely execution of technical related tasks, ensure appropriate maintenance planning and effectuation at the station as well as improving the maintenance processes.
As Technical Manager you make sure all machines and technical installations are well kept and operational. Therefore, you will do necessary maintenance and repairs. You will also assist with the construction of buildings and implementation of installations. You will coordinate new installations and documentation. Additionally, you keep the workshop and all tools and equipment in good condition.
You will work closely with the technical staff and with external contractors in order to ensure the required uptime of the equipment and installations. Also, you manage the technical team and make sure that they are well trained. Ensuring that proper service level agreements are in place is also part of this position. You act as a creative problem solver for the technical department and work closely with technicians and workshop engineers.
Any other activities as keeping farm surroundings neat and tidy and work according to all health & safety and farm protocols will also be part of this position.
The Technical Manager will report to the Station Manager and has 3 direct and 32 people indirectly reporting to him / her. Total number of employees in Tanzania is appr. 280.
Your main responsibilities are;
• Supervise, lead and provide direction to the technicians and workshop engineers.
• Manage and improve the replacement of installations for optimalization of the process.
• Decide and prioritize on continuous improvement actions for the maintenance activities.
• Contract management.
• Planning of preventative maintenance and Ad hoc technical problem solving.
• Development and implementation of the maintenance software module.
• Train, coach and assist the technical team.
• Review, adjust and trains the team on health & safety protocols.
• Communicate to management the results and developments achieved by the department.
• Initiate and implement improvement actions projects at department level.
Your main tasks for the first year will be;
• Setting up and implementing a maintenance plan
• Expansion of the greenhouses
• Sorting out ad hoc things, and solve them in a structural manner
• Stock management and WMS
You stimulate innovation and you are always open for ways to improve technical processes all in the right order of priority.
The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver, have the ability to multitask in a high-tech environment, have an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to this position and its responsibilities.
You take initiative and you plan and prioritize your work efficiently. You are able to transfer your knowledge and skills to your team members and are flexible in dealing with cultural differences.
What we are looking for, you;
• have a bachelor’s degree in electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or comparable).
• have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a manager in in a comparable maintenance related environment.
• have at least 6–10-year international working experience.
• have strong leadership and (people) management skills.
• are al real motivator on innovation and process optimization.
• have professional proficiency in English.
• have affinity with horticulture.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Junior Sustainability Manager in Ivory Coast , Ivory Coast
Scope of the position
The Junior Sustainability supports the Global Sustainability Manager on the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Sustainable Sourcing Strategy for West Africa, Asia and Latin America. She/He contributes to the development of new projects and activities in the different origins and supports certification processes.
Key responsibilities and tasks
• Contribute to strengthen the sustainable sourcing strategy and supports the implementation
• Contribute to the design of the internal sustainability standard and supports the implementation
• Interact with the National Sustainability Managers in each origin to support suppliers’ management - based on risk assessment towards traceability, human rights and deforestation due diligence - and direct programs
• Promote exchange between national teams at origins on successes and failures while implementing the programs
• Coordinate monitoring and reporting campaigns
• Coordinate knowledge management and external communication on program key activities, moments and success
• Support the different departments (trading, sales, logistics, quality) on the different sustainability processes
Profile and background
• Ideally a Master Degree in a field such as Business, Sustainability, Economics or Agronomy
• 1 to 3 years’ experience related to multi-countries and community level program management
• Understanding of cocoa sector, sustainability and sustainable sourcing key topics and challenges
• Strong communication skills and proficiency in English, French (oral and written), Spanish is a plus
• Ability to deliver results
• Good people skills and cultural understanding
• Proactive, high motivation and drive
• Ability to work independently
• Team player
• Comfortable spending some time in the field
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Sustainability Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Financial Controller , Uganda
We are seeking a Financial Controller for one of our International Clients in the Food Processing Industry, to be based in Uganda.
Do you understand a production / processing environment from a Finance perspective, and you are hands-on and strategic?
Do you have experience managing a team & auditors, and in creating monthly and yearly reports; Internal Controls, Inventory, Tax, Banking?
Are you already based in Uganda, or willing to relocate, upload your latest CV, send us your motivation and APPLY NOW.