French-Speaking Independent HR Consultant , West Africa
French-Speaking Independent HR Consultant (Talent Pool)
JobnetAfrica HR Consultancy Services specializes in International Human Resource Solutions in Africa. Conducting business across borders requires a special set of skills and cultural awareness. Our consultants have a broad understanding of HR as well as extensive Africa experience, allowing them to bridge the gap between cultures. Our clients are international companies who engage us for our specialist HR knowledge. We contribute towards their HR (change) programs, provide them with temporarily work-load reduction and give an independent 3rd party assessment on HR issues.
JobnetAfrica is currently looking to replenish our talent pool with Independent HR Consultants who:
Live in West-Africa, preferably in the capital area,
Have lived/ studied/ worked in Europe or the USA for at least 10 years,
Have 3-10 years of international HR work experience,
Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or Business Administration from a university in Europe or the USA,
Are fluent in French both spoken & written, as well as English.
Doing an assignment through JobnetAfrica means you can concentrate on what you do best and leave the rest to us! We will:
Take care of marketing and business development,
Use our strong brand name and our vast client-base to secure assignments,
Help you write proposals, or write them for you, and negotiate fees with clients,
Take care of the financial administration.
If you’re interested in working for JobnetAfrica as an Independent HR Consultant, apply here (add hyperlink). Please add a short summary with the type of HR assignments you are looking for, your fee expectations as well as your LinkedIn profile!
If you’d like to know more about the talent pool before applying, please contact Hedwig Rovers, Manager HR Consultancy Services: Hedwig@jobnetafrica.com
Are you interested in becoming a French-Speaking Independent HR Consultant ? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Country Manager in Burundi , Burundi
The country manager will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Burundi office. You will be head of around 10 staff members.
You are expected to lead by example. On a daily basis The country manager manages the organization's projects, programmes and operations .
The Country Manager will report to the Regional Programme Director and work closely with the regional team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
Leadership and Management
- Manage the overall programme and operations;
- Responsible for the country strategy and development of the projects in Burundi;
- Analyse political developments and hunanitarian needs in the country and the surrounding region;
- Making sure all programme activities comply with national and international laws and regulations.
- Listen and create dialogue with your team members;
- Support, Motivate and encourage the team to care for them and achieve results in sometimes difficult situations;
- Oversee all HR related issues within the programme.
(Donor) Relations Management
- Develop and maintain contact with the representatives of important partners;
- Oversee all financial reports related to the programmes, together with the staff.
- Develop relationships with donors, media, other NGO's, authorities and embassies to identify funding opportunities;
- Overseeing the project budgets;
- Making sure controls are in place to prevent fraud.
- Oversee the implementation of security plans, guidelines and manuals in the country;
- Making sure security procedures are maintained throughout the country programme;
- Take the lead during security incidents or threats.
Requirements and Skills
- Fluent writing and speaking in French and English is a must;
- Experience with project management;
- Strong focus on deliviring results using available resources;
- University degree in a relevant subject such as Management, Development Studies and / or Business Administration;
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in a similar position, level and within an NGO;
- Working experience in East-Africa, previous experience in Burundi is an advantage;
- A good understanding of the situation in the region;
- People manager and motivator;
- A problem solving person;
It is a full-time contract for at least 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Burundi? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sales Manager West Africa , West Africa
For an international client selling high value technical investment products in the agricultural industry, we are seeking a Sales Manager for (French) West Africa.
- All Sales Activities in West Africa
- In the future it is planned to establish an office close to our customers (e.g. in Senegal or Ivory Coast)
- Introducing all housing equipment to existing and new customers in the region (also development of new business)
- Sales focus: housing equipment for poultry & laying hens (pig only subordinately)
- Supporting sales agents in the region
- Detailed explanation of the technical products to customers
- Business Development and Sales Expansion in Area West Africa, developing & implementing sales and marketing strategy
- New position
- Someone who is currently working and living in West Africa or who has an experience/network here
- Sales focus: housing equipment for poultry & laying hens (pig only subordinately)
- Sales experience in technical investment products, machinery etc. is highly preferred
- Motivated and driven sales person (someone who is eager to develop the business)
- someone who has experience with setting up an country office
- Fluency in English and French
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Office Manager/ Secretary in South Africa , South Africa
We are looking for an enthusiastic and all-round Office Manager / Secretary / PA to strengthen the Johannesburg team of our client. The core of the job is secretarial. And then there is a wide range of other activities. It is important to be a self-starter, be assertive, take initiative, solve problems and to have a flexible mind set given the wide range of tasks and the supportive nature of the job. Communication skills are important, with coordination and interaction with the team on the ground, in Nairobi as well as with the Head Office in The Hague. We are looking for a person with minimum 5 yrs relevant working experience. It is a role with flexible hours.
▪ Providing support to the JO Team by means of good general office housekeeping, including but not limited to:
▪ Banking – monitor and run the JO bank account.
▪ Uploading of all payments (car rentals, house rentals, travel claims, hotels, salaries, functions, credit card etc.) for approval and release
▪ Reconciliations each month via the CARS system
▪ Liaising with HO accounts payable
▪ All travel arrangements for the JO team members
▪ Provide support to the NL Head Office for all their travel arrangements
▪ Manage all JO filing and admin according to policies and procedures
▪ Manage general upkeep of the office and building
▪ Maintain relationships with landlord, electricians, housekeeping, aircons etc.
▪ Manage all stationery for the JO, all orders, inventory and upkeep
▪ Manage the JO data bases
▪ Maintain relationships with HO Servicedesk for all IT related issues, assets, systems and procedures
▪ Manage all diaries of the JO Team
▪ Events Management for all events, functions, team building etc.
▪ Support management with budgeting related documents
▪ Manage relationship with HO legal department.
▪ Supporting in HR related procedures for the JO
▪ Manage the petty cash registry for the JO
▪ Set up new employees with computers, cell phones, etc.
▪ Communicate with facilities
Key Competencies Job Family: Office Support
▪ Customer orientation internally and externally
▪ Strong organizational and administrative abilities
▪ Pro-activeness and service mindset
• Relevant qualifications
▪ Microsoft Office (various)
▪ CARS System
▪ Experience in Office management, administrative functions and people management
▪ Administrative skills
▪ Analytical skills
▪ Attention to detail
▪ Communication skills
▪ Computer skills
▪ Financial administrative skills
▪ Social skills
▪ Organisational skills
▪ Multi-tasking and decision making skills
▪ Knowledge of certain programs, for example CARS system
▪ Team oriented approach to problem solving and design
▪ Professional communication and written skills
▪ Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
▪ Integrity and confidentiality
▪ Ability to work professionally under pressure in a fast-pacedchallenging environment
▪ Strong customer service skills
Relevant Critical Experiences
▪ Office Management
Are you interested in becoming an Office Manager/ Secretary in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Nigeria , Nigeria
A building and civil engineering construction company based in Nigeria seeks to engage an experienced, capable and entrepreneurial professional as a Chief Operating Officer (COO). The suitable candidate will be primarily responsible for managing all aspects of profitable delivery and quality execution of projects, cost effective management of business operations, market engagement, identification of business opportunities and effective client relationship management.
• Develops and implements approved business and operational plans to growth, manage a robust portfolio of clients, profitable revenue base and market share of the construction business in Nigeria
• Provides effective leadership of the operations team to ensure cost efficient delivery of quality projects and effective implementation of strategic business plan.
• Ensures that all new projects are well researched, adequately resourced and key stakeholders properly engaged to enable quality execution safely and profitably
• Ensures that joint ventures projects are well developed and executed profitably and in safe working conditions
• Ensures that all staff, especially the key technical staff are professionally managed, mentored and developed to enhance performance capacity of the business
• Works closely with the Chief Finance Officer to ensure cost effective access to project financing
• Takes active part in key business decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Ensures timely preparation and provision of accurate and up-to-date reports on the operational performance and financial health of the company, in liaison with the CEO
• Promotes knowledge retention and thought leadership insights on the business and management imperatives in the construction industry.
• Works closely with the CEO to progress opportunities and win business/projects for the company
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering, or any related field, Master’s degree in business management, finance or any related field, will be an advantage
• Proven record of performance and Knowledge of the construction business
• Knowledge of Project Management. Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage
• Effective communication skills
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a creative point of view.
• Business development and business management skills
• Business Intelligence and understanding of the competitive environment
• Project Management Skills
• Negotiation and persuasion skills
• Strong drive to achieve and personal integrity
• Strong business planning and knowledge of regulatory issues
• A solid grasp of financial analysis and performance metrics
• Ability to diagnose problems quickly and provide appropriate solutions
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Executive Vice President Africa & Central America , Africa
EVP Africa & Central America
Drive our growth and lead delivery of our mission in key markets
The Executive Vice President Africa & Central America (EVP ACA) is part of the top Management with overall responsibility for all operating assets and business development within the regions of Africa and Central America. The EVP ACA shall ensure shareholders secure a long-term return on their investments by reducing the risk associated with hydropower development, acquisitions and operations. Further, the role will promote the highest possible standards of ethical business conduct across all activities are aligned with our Business Principles and Code of Conduct. The position will be seated at SN Power’s hub in Africa, which is yet not established, and extensive travelling is expected for this role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Budget and result responsibility
- Evaluation of market opportunities
- Regulatory compliance and risk management
- Project identification, development & investment, and/or acquisition
- Negotiate agreements
- Close approved investments
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and partners
- Build and develop the capabilities needed in the region
- A strong academic background (degree level education)
- Leadership experience in comparable developing economies (ideally in Africa)
- Relevant commercial experience at a comparable level
- Ideally energy related and/or infrastructure experience
- Project delivery and asset management experience
- Experience opening new markets in developing countries
What we offer
- Drive investments in the fast-growing renewable energy sector
- Contribute to sustainable development and economic growth in developing countries
- Join a truly international company
- Work for an investment company with more than USD$2B Equity under Management
- A lean and dynamic multicultural working environment
We look forward to hearing from you
In this assignment we cooperate with Mercuri Urval, a leading global Executive Search & Advisory Firm.
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About us/the client
SN Power is a growing international renewable energy company with projects and operations in South-East Asia, Africa and Central America. They invest on commercial terms and are committed to social and environmental sustainability throughout their business. SN Power is a long-term industrial investor in the hydropower sector. Their business model is based on active ownership, the transfer of Norwegian Hydropower expertise, and responsible, sustainable development of renewable energy. They emphasize close cooperation with all stakeholders - financial, governmental, industrial and particularly local communities. They maintain high social, environmental and ethical standards in all our activities.
Are you interested in becoming an Executive Vice President Africa & Central America? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Senior Sales Executive in West Africa , West Africa
Our client is a social enterprise that provides data to farmers and agricultural organizations.
As the companies' lead Sales talent in West Africa, you will have the opportunity to build an amazing new business in the really important market in West Africa. You will be supported by a motivated, small team of techies, marketers and scientists, and you need to have extensive experience and relationships in the agricultural space as well as knowledge of the food industry to get to your sales objectives, while establishing the company as a leading player in this market.
You will work together with the product and marketing team and the CCO to implement and create projects across West Africa. You will be promoting the companies' unique value to our clients. The Marketing and Communications team will support you to generate new leads and in the end new customers. All new customers will be handed over to the Account Management team, who will build a solid relationship with these customers and turn it into a partnership that is benificial for both parties.
You will be one of the first senior Sales executives for this company and so you will play a central and important role in the strategy of how the company is going to the market. The company and you can improve the lives of the farmers. Our client is small and therefor flexible to adjust to the customers' needs. So if you have good knowledge of the decision making process of agricultural companies, the benefits and features they would want and know what makes them tick, we would be happy to hear from you.
• Have a deep understanding of the market and it's players.
• Identifying prospects, exploring and researching sales options.
• Building relationships with clients by providing information, guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
• Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
• Exceeding sales objectives.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• bilingual French (native) and English
* Minimum 5 years experience in Sales for a major Agricultural input company
• In depth knowledge of the Food value chain
• Great presentation skills and being able to be creative at solving buying challenges
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Sales Executive in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Branch Manager in South Africa , South Africa
Position purpose: Grow an manage the business.
Personal Attributes: eg
• Outgoing Personality
• Ability to wok under pressure
• Good communications skills and well organised
Qualification : Diploma/ Degree in Marketing/ Business Management. 5 years minimum experience as a Branch Manager. Prior experience on electrical motor/transformer repairs industry will be an added advantage.
Key performance indicators
• Capable of managing the branch with staff complement of 18 people.
• Manage stock levels – stock to be maintained at 2.5 months level.
• Improve profitability of the branch- achieve set margin on all products
2. Maintenance of existing customers
• Increase of sales baskets of all products
• Manage relationships with existing customers
• Develop new customer base for all products
3. Sales target
• Strive toward achieving your monthly sales target and provide analysis of results be they be positive or negative
4.product sales analysis and planning
• On a monthly basis analyse your quarterly product sales performance and introduce the new sales measures to correct and increase product sales by customer.
5 Customer visits
• Visit the top 20 customers and maintain close relationship
6. Relationship building
• Build external relationship that could add value to the business.
7. Market intelligence
• Weekly reporting on competitor activities to enhance own planning
Are you interested in becoming a Branch Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.