Business Developer in Egypt , Egypt
Our client active in the Food and Beverage sector is looking for a Business Developer in order to strengthen their MEA (Middle East & Africa) sales team. The candidate should be based in Egypt, since there is a growing market which is crucial for our client’s export strategy based on a sustainable business philosophy.
The Business Developer will be responsible for generating sales volumes by developing partnerships and building strong brand awareness.
Requested are also very good competences in brand management, investments and (data) analytics.
What is the challenge?
• The Business Developer will lead and influence the sales growth plan for Egypt and will contribute to put in place the company’s value management and brand marketing programs with the client’s partners and marketeers. The BD will do so by evaluating new routes into the market and finding new ones to grow the company’s portfolio. Besides, the BD will be responsible for the training of the company’s partners in order to align with them about the plans to be implemented in the respective countries.
• The BD will be reporting to the Senior Sales Manager for Middle East & North Africa.
- The candidate must be living in Egypt and must have experience in sales and/or business development in the region.
- The candidate should hold a commercial Bachelor or, ideally, a master’s degree plus 3 – 5 years of experience in an international sales role, preferably in the FMCG.
- The BD should have good financial acumen and strong marketing experience with a proven ability to build trustworthy relationships, influence people through open and relevant communication and work independently.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-growing and dynamic company and would like to become a Business Developer in Egypt, please apply at the top or bottom of our page (we kindly ask you to send your application in ENGLISH).
Technical Manager in Tanzania , Tanzania
JobnetAfrica has partnered with ENZA zaden in Tanzania to find them a highly hands-on Technical Manager who will improve their preventative maintenance schedules and who coordinates the technical team. This great opportunity is based in Arusha, the East African heart of the vegetable breeding and a beautiful location and is a family-owned business within a high-tech environment.
ENZA Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. They produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. Please check out the animation video as below.
For more than 80 years ENZA has been working with the best that nature offers. They support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
Strong, healthy, tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
ENZA Zaden’s strength? More than 2.000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, they continuously invest in knowledge and skills with the Enza Academy and under the flag of enzActive they organise various sports activities to stay healthy.
Interested? Please continue reading.
What are you going to do?
As Technical Manager you will be accountable for the operational day-to-day technical related activities at the station. Key responsibilities include flawless and timely execution of technical related tasks, ensure appropriate maintenance planning and effectuation at the station as well as improving the maintenance processes.
As Technical Manager you make sure all machines and technical installations are well kept and operational. Therefore, you will do necessary maintenance and repairs. You will also assist with the construction of buildings and implementation of installations. You will coordinate new installations and documentation. Additionally, you keep the workshop and all tools and equipment in good condition.
You will work closely with the technical staff and with external contractors in order to ensure the required uptime of the equipment and installations. Also, you manage the technical team and make sure that they are well trained. Ensuring that proper service level agreements are in place is also part of this position. You act as a creative problem solver for the technical department and work closely with technicians and workshop engineers.
Any other activities as keeping farm surroundings neat and tidy and work according to all health & safety and farm protocols will also be part of this position.
The Technical Manager will report to the Station Manager and has 3 direct and 32 people indirectly reporting to him / her. Total number of employees in Tanzania is appr. 280.
Your main responsibilities are;
• Supervise, lead and provide direction to the technicians and workshop engineers.
• Manage and improve the replacement of installations for optimalization of the process.
• Decide and prioritize on continuous improvement actions for the maintenance activities.
• Contract management.
• Planning of preventative maintenance and Ad hoc technical problem solving.
• Development and implementation of the maintenance software module.
• Train, coach and assist the technical team.
• Review, adjust and trains the team on health & safety protocols.
• Communicate to management the results and developments achieved by the department.
• Initiate and implement improvement actions projects at department level.
Your main tasks for the first year will be;
• Setting up and implementing a maintenance plan
• Expansion of the greenhouses
• Sorting out ad hoc things, and solve them in a structural manner
• Stock management and WMS
You stimulate innovation and you are always open for ways to improve technical processes all in the right order of priority.
The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver, have the ability to multitask in a high-tech environment, have an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to this position and its responsibilities.
You take initiative and you plan and prioritize your work efficiently. You are able to transfer your knowledge and skills to your team members and are flexible in dealing with cultural differences.
What we are looking for, you;
• have a bachelor’s degree in electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or comparable).
• have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a manager in in a comparable maintenance related environment.
• have at least 6–10-year international working experience.
• have strong leadership and (people) management skills.
• are al real motivator on innovation and process optimization.
• have professional proficiency in English.
• have affinity with horticulture.
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Junior Sustainability Manager in Ivory Coast , Ivory Coast
Scope of the position
The Junior Sustainability supports the Global Sustainability Manager on the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Sustainable Sourcing Strategy for West Africa, Asia and Latin America. She/He contributes to the development of new projects and activities in the different origins and supports certification processes.
Key responsibilities and tasks
• Contribute to strengthen the sustainable sourcing strategy and supports the implementation
• Contribute to the design of the internal sustainability standard and supports the implementation
• Interact with the National Sustainability Managers in each origin to support suppliers’ management - based on risk assessment towards traceability, human rights and deforestation due diligence - and direct programs
• Promote exchange between national teams at origins on successes and failures while implementing the programs
• Coordinate monitoring and reporting campaigns
• Coordinate knowledge management and external communication on program key activities, moments and success
• Support the different departments (trading, sales, logistics, quality) on the different sustainability processes
Profile and background
• Ideally a Master Degree in a field such as Business, Sustainability, Economics or Agronomy
• 1 to 3 years’ experience related to multi-countries and community level program management
• Understanding of cocoa sector, sustainability and sustainable sourcing key topics and challenges
• Strong communication skills and proficiency in English, French (oral and written), Spanish is a plus
• Ability to deliver results
• Good people skills and cultural understanding
• Proactive, high motivation and drive
• Ability to work independently
• Team player
• Comfortable spending some time in the field
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Sustainability Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Financial Controller , Uganda
We are seeking a Financial Controller for one of our International Clients in the Food Processing Industry, to be based in Uganda.
Do you understand a production / processing environment from a Finance perspective, and you are hands-on and strategic?
Do you have experience managing a team & auditors, and in creating monthly and yearly reports; Internal Controls, Inventory, Tax, Banking?
Are you already based in Uganda, or willing to relocate, upload your latest CV, send us your motivation and APPLY NOW.
VP of Talent Management , Senegal
We are seeking a VP of Talent Management for our client myAgro, an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. They have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Their North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About the Role:
The VP of Talent Management will become an integral part of the People Operations team, and will be responsible for building the global talent management infrastructure across myAgro. Collaborating with departments, country offices, and global leadership, the position is responsible for the design and implementation of myAgro’s global talent management strategy, programs and processes, such as: talent acquisition, leadership development, training and learning (including performance management), and organizational culture.
- You have a nose for Finding Talent. You drive coordinated action and accountability from all partners in our hiring ecosystems so that we are poised to hire top candidates at all levels
- You Invest in People. You love this stuff. You wake up every day thinking about learning and helping team members be their best at work.
- You are a Doer. You are someone who loves to build, and who isn't afraid to use both hands in the process.
- You and your team not only enjoy creating a talent strategy, but love to implement and execute the strategy so you can see the results.
- You are a People-Person! You understand and emphasize that our people are our greatest asset.
- You believe strongly in positive employee relations and experience, team member engagement, and organizational culture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive workforce planning and forecasting; leverage data to develop both short-term and long-term recruiting plans.
- Perform recruiting capacity planning and balance hiring resources (in-house, agency, etc.) to ensure the right resource allocation to support the business.
- Build succession plans for key roles throughout the organization.
- Create organizational charts and define each position’s responsibilities.
- Talent Acquisition
Lead and direct a resourceful, proactive, and solution-oriented recruiting department.
- Guide the team to execute against objectives and adjust to shifting organizational priorities.
- Provide guidance, share knowledge, create and facilitate training for best recruitment practices.
- Give feedback and coaching to develop and scale the talent acquisition team for growth and global reach.
- Onboarding and Talent Development
Design and orchestrate orientation programs and organize broader team support to enable new team members to ramp up quickly.
- Manage on-going professional and leadership development programs within the organization.
- Review gaps in leadership capability across departments and develop action plans accordingly.
- Discuss career-pathing options with high-potential employees and their team leaders.
- Employee Engagement and Culture
Champion our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts across all teams to educate, promote awareness, and ensure an inclusive work environment that fosters belonging.
- Develop employee retention programs and team-building activities
- Compensation and Benefits
Evaluate and improve myAgro’s total compensation programs, salary structure, market analysis and overall compensation philosophy; help educate on pay practice.
- Craft policies that support internal promotions.
- Develop comprehensive benefits programs that ensure team member satisfaction.
- You have experience leading Global Talent Resourcing in multiple countries.
- 6+ years experience in talent management and/or development, including a focus on leadership development.
- Ability to wrap an employee-centric, holistic narrative around your work, galvanising people around simple, memorable communications.
- Ability to build relationships based on empathy, and have people look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
- Know your stuff, especially when it comes to the needs of the modern learners as consumers of information and current trends impacting talent development.
- You have a proven track record of designing, implementing, and measuring innovative, high-impact learning solutions
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and data without losing sight of the bigger picture
- You have experience working globally (Africa experience preferred)
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Financial Controller in Nigeria , Nigeria
Financial controller / head of finance and accounts / internal audit
Overall in charge of the accounts department, internal control, finance. Advising the management and owner on the financial strategy. Ensuring effective and efficient running of the business.
- Cost control; monitoring expenditure
- Internal control, policy creation
- Verification of documents related to inventory, payments, import and export of goods
- Verification of internal documents to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Monthly preparation of the management accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of inventories
o Sale goods
- Finalisation of the accounts, coordinating with statutory auditors
- Handling taxation matters and related agencies
- Handling banks
- Handling insurance
- Preparation of Management Information Reports
o Export stock and status of exports
o Imports status updates
o Financial statements (e.g. cashflow statement)
o Financial projections
- Key user of the accounting package; verification that entered information is correct
- Overseeing accounts payable, receivable, payroll preparation
- Excellent accounting knowledge
- Knowledge on import and export formalities
- Internal audit experience
- Knowledge of ERP Package MS Dynamics
- Masters degree in accountancy, finance or relevant field
- Minimum of 15 years experience
- Expat benefits
o SUV + Driver
o 2 flight tickets (Premium Economy) per annum
o Health insurance (excluding dental)
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
General Manager – LEAFS from Kenya , Kenya
Superfood, super healthy.
Moringa is the new superfood, but at LEAFS they take it a step further. They want to make a difference through impact. With their choices and targets they make impact through every Moringa seed sown. From production to distribution; from their fields in Kwale Country to the worldwide moringa market. Every step in the supply chain is managed by LEAFS.
LEAFS is a trustworthy partner for reliable supply of organically certified Moringa, dry powder and tea leaves. They are currently looking for a General Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about combining organic plant growing and processing experience with a passion for people management.
Contributing to the success, means jointly creating employment opportunities supporting over thousands of families so far. LEAFS contributes to regional business and economic growth and helps overcome some of the most severe problems in the developing world like malnutrition, deforestation, impure water, and poverty.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the efficiency and growth of the production plant. The production started from the first 100 acres of trees planted in beginning of the year, resulted in 2 million trees so far. The first harvest and processing is planned Q4 2021.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• P&L responsible for the daughter company in Kenya.
• Responsible for leading the management team, coach and set the example.
• Focus on professionalizing working processes, SOP’s and increase efficiency and productivity.
• Implement continuous improvement as way of working
• Ensure compliancy with company policies and make sure safety procedures are in place.
• Managing by walking around, checking on processes and progress
• Verify quality of product, and partner with QA to ensure all areas are in compliance with production and safety processes
• Provide management reporting towards directors in The Netherlands
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related
• Minimum of 5 yrs. management experience and a proven track record with (organic) crop production and / or processing
• Good people management skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to contribute ideas on how to expand and diversify the operation
• Excellent communication skills in both local and international stakeholder management
• Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for growth
• Multi-task oriented and very well organized
• Hands-on mentality, not afraid of decision making
• Africa experience is a must
• Willing to relocate to Diani Beach area
Do you want to contribute to a healthy, strong and sustainable world through LEAFS? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page!
Chief Operating Officer in Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
Our client is company that builds sustainable food supply chains, by investing in local processing and supporting producers and farmers with their know-how in quality, organic production, certification and logistics. For their processing facility they are seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee the production for A to Z.
As the COO you will be part of the Executive Management team. You will directly report to the CEO and work together with the CFO and the Head of Agronomy & Sourcing. Together you will form the Executive Management of the company who is working in a highly hands-on environment.
In your role as COO you are responsible for the products from the arrival of the raw materials at the factory door to the export of the end-product. You are overseeing the cashew processing, dried mango production and the dried mango quality control. You assure that production and export planning are in line with customer expectations. In addition to that, you are responsible for the maintenance team which makes sure that machines and infrastructure are in efficient condition.
You make sure you achieve the goals and KPIs through thorough analysis, planning, and organization as well as through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
• Production & Export planning & production data evaluation
• Realize the processing of raw cashew nuts and mango by managing productivity of staff
• Realize cost per kg targets and drive continuous improvement
• Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the plant
• Oversee food safety, certification (BRC) and safety at work
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with organic certification
• Continuous improvement of standard work and operating procedures, food safety and quality manual
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained, and motivated
• Maintenance of machines and infrastructure
• Manage import & export logistics
• Manage relations and evaluate efficiency of external service providers
• Manage general resources and consumables
• Efficient stock management
Competencies for this position
• High managerial & organizational skills and the ability to develop people
• High interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
• Integrity & transparency
• Efficiency, planning, analytical & problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail, persistence
• Creative/innovative, “think out of the box”, hands-on, high standards, enthusiasm
• Participative leadership
Education and experience
• Master in Engineering, Food Processing or Business or Economics
• 5-10 years’ experience in an industrial/technical environment, agro-industry and/or agro-processing
• Experience in a purchasing and logistics environment in an agricultural environment
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment (experience in West Africa is a plus)
• Strong Excel skills and ideally experience with stock management (systems)
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
Nice to haves
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• QHSE skills
• Having worked in an international environment or company
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are you looking for international jobs in Africa? JobnetAfrica is the most reliable website for international professionals that are looking for careers in Africa. Are you looking for jobs in Africa or have you worked here before? Our platform is available for everyone who would like to live and work in one of the beautiful parts of Africa. Please have a look at our international jobs for expats in Africa.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our jobs in Africa. We leave nobody in the unknown and contact everyone who has taken time to approach us. Upload your profile on our website and make sure you do not miss out on any of your dream jobs in Africa!