Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
For our international client in Accra, we are seeking a hands-on and proactive Financial Office Manager, who will be part of a relatively new and still developing office from where they service the whole of West Africa.
Being part of a startup, within a global company, being hands-on and proactive is essential to fulfill the role. A real ‘can do’ and service minded approach is required as a member of a small team.
In the position of Financial Office Manager you will be directly reporting to General Manager of West Africa.
The role is an urgent position and candidates are able to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of job:
Responsible for overall office management, most importantly collection-, consolidation-, of financial data by means of accounting, analyzing, budgeting and financial reporting. Performing this functions by using the applicable (sub) systems effectively and in line with budgets, standards and procedures, to ensure accounting information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Specific requirements that the applicant must have experience in:
- Ghana Income Tax
- Withholding taxes
- General Ghana statutory requirements and general compliance
- General accounting functions
- General office management
- Managing local and international creditors
- Foreign Exchange
- Intercompany reporting
- Min. a Bachelor Degree in accounting/finance
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- SAP experience
- MS office suit, advanced skills
- English Fluency
- Preferably having a background within an environment such as logistics, engineering, transport
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Office Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a company at the heart of animal nutrition in Europe and worldwide and because of there growth in East Africa they are looking for new employees to support that growth.
Animal nutritionists should undertake research and plan diets in order to provide domestic animals and livestock with nutritionally balanced food stuffs besides that they are also responsible for sales in their assigned territory.
Responsibilities of the job include:
• assessing the relative nutritional values of various feeds together with technical colleagues in Europe
• visiting farms and advice on nutrition
• working with customers to formulate diets that meet their requirements/objectives
• analyzing nutritional disorders
• maintaining awareness of technical and scientific developments
• Reaching the sales budget that is set by the company
• Ability to undertake independent research and give advice
• Ability to communicate with customers and colleagues in Europe (English will suffice)
• Numeracy skills
• Self management and self motivation
• Ability to write reports and keep good records
• Ability to get the sales confirmed
• Preferable MSc in Animal Nutrition
• Drivers license
What the company can offer
• Good salary and benefits, with the possibility to earn extra due to commissions
• Company car, mobile phone and laptop is provided
• Possibilities to develop yourself and learn a lot from colleagues in Europe.
Are you interested in becoming a Animal nutritionist / Technical Sales Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client who is focussing on improving farmer and community livelihoods, is seeking a Business Data Analyst for their office in Ghana. This person will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. He will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements in purchases, interpretation of data and validate reconciliation to purchases.
The data analyst is a highly trained professional who performs the analysis, running various mathematical calculations to determine how the data samples might best be applied to profit the business. Most importantly, the data analyst evaluates risk; culling statistical information to determine whether a company is accidentally harming itself or in line with business strategy and goal.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Acquire data from all Functions within the company
- Maintain databases/data systems
- Use technical expertise to cull data through advanced computerized models and extrapolate data patterns.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Liaise with all functions mangers to capture data, Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Validate reconciliation to purpose using appropriate data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or Computer Science or Information Management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in management, maintenance and engineering
- Preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
For our client, who is a food producing company, we are recruiting a Financial Accountant in South Africa.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Financial Accountant is responsible for managing an effective and efficient operation of the financial reporting and accounting function.
He/she is responsible for the financial administration of the entity, including the ledger management and control, administrative organization and application management (financial systems and records), accounting, statistics, recalculations, project administration and overall reconciliations of all GL accounts. In addition provides the business management with accurate and reliable internal financial information and external financial statements regarding the performance and the valuation of the business for various stakeholders.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the financial statements, internal controls, systems and management reports and income & expenses statements within the OpCo. He/she participates in the relevant budgeting processes, and manages the day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the company's accounting policies and procedures.
The Financial Accountant supports and assists the OpCo Controller by providing management information. In this role, the function acts as the operational conscience and the eyes and ears of management. Misinformation can lead to decisions, which in the medium term may adversely affect the business results.
He / she works closely with the Opco Controller on all accounting, reporting, and financial disclosure matters and consult often with relevant stakeholders, and confers with his / her peer Tax Manager, Treasury Manager as well as the Business Control Managers.
Accounting & Reporting
• Manages accounts payable, accounts receivable and the maintenance of the general ledger, including account reconciliations, and the production of various financial reports and statements (supporting the OpCo Controller in the preparation of financial statements and budgets), in order to provide accurate and timely financial information to management
• Prepares and/or reviews projections of accounting data to show effects of proposed changes on income and financial condition of the OpCo
• Ensures timely and correct financial disclosures for internal and external reporting
Management information and advice
• Prepares the business analyses, including management reports, stock turnover, purchasing and costs
• Identifies and flags significant operational / financial variances, and determines reasons for variances
• Advises management about possible improvements in the business
• Assists the OpCo Controller with Treasury and taxation
• Monitors the debtors and determines the liquidity planning in cooperation with the Treasury Manager when applicable
• Ensures appropriate treasury and tax accounting when applicable, in cooperation with the relevant managers
• Drafts working instructions for the staff in accordance with the company’s financial policies and procedures; where necessary, assists with daily activities; Ensures financial controls are in place and being followed
• Assists the OpCo Controller and may cover tasks in his/her absence.
• Ensures that systems and procedures are in compliance with company policies, the reporting & accounting strategy and with accounting standards, and applicable rules & regulations. Follows all IFRS and Dutch GAAP developments closely and implements new or revised accounting policies and procedures if necessary
• Responsible for the overall control of the financial administration, monitors enforcement of guidelines and guidance of all administrative processes of the entity, in order to achieve full compliance with all relevant (financial) standards.
• May participate in reporting and accounting matters of major projects, within corporate guidelines, in order to realise reporting and accounting objectives in these projects.
• Prepares (financial) audits, ensures all relevant financial information is available for internal and external Auditors
• Timeliness, accuracy and reliability of all periodic and ad-hoc reporting and management information
• Cash / debt / liquidity position
• Departmental performance, employee wellbeing (e.g. sickness absence rate, staff turnover, etc.)
• Level of compliance / non-conformities
• Interpretation and analytical skills
• Bachelor’s, Degree Accounting
• 4 – 6 years’ working experience
• Manufacturing industry background
• ERP system is a hard requirement, M3 would be advantage
• In depth knowledge in General Accounting Plan and Tax legislation
• Specific Knowledge in accounting, finance and commercial law
• IT Skills at advanced level: Ms Office and specific programs.
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Accountant in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Who is NABC and what do we stand for?
NABC is the leading organization for trade and investment facilitation for Africa. Based in the Netherlands, we strongly believe that the private sector has a crucial role to play towards an Africa that is economically thriving and globally competitive in trade and investment. NABC’s purpose is to inform, inspire, catalyze and connect businesses with Africa’s opportunities. We are a member-driven organisation with over 350 member companies and longstanding partnerships with representative bodies. The main activities of NABC include:
Organizing trade missions to and from many African countries.
Organizing networking events, conferences and knowledge sessions about doing business in Africa.
Strategic programs to strengthen the positioning and role of Dutch businesses in Africa.
Customized services, such as position papers, consultancy and individual matchmaking.
The Africa Works! Conference: http://www.africaworks.nl/
For more about NABC you can check out nabc.nl or watch our corporate video.
We are looking for a marketing and communication talent to reinforce our team in The Hague. Are you interested in a dynamic internship in an international business environment, and in playing a crucial role in the success of our foundation and in the socio-economic development of African countries? At NABC, interns are given many opportunities to take on the full responsibilities of their tasks.
NABC website: keep it up to date with valuable content, by providing our network with latest news about upcoming events or trade missions, and with news about doing business in Africa
Creating promotional communication material: this includes the development of flyers and presentations and the design of all marketing tools.
Provide content and lay-out for NABC’s bi-weekly newsletter and send it out to all our members and other business contacts.
Consolidating and improving NABC’s presence and visibility on social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook and twitter
Online & Offline Marketing and Communication support to your colleagues before and during their events
Join our team in The Hague for a 6-month internship as a Marketing & Communication assistant
You are in the final stages of HBO/WO education, in a relevant educational field
Familiar with the professional use of social media
Familiar with design tools, such as InDesign
A working proficiency in Dutch or English, preferably both. French is an absolute bonus
Able to work independently, and in a team, with an eye for detail and a ‘hands-on’ mentality,
Required to be available for 6 months to complete the internship and eligible to study/ work in the Netherlands
You are available 5 days per week.
Remuneration: € 400 per month on a fulltime basis
Starting date 1st februari 2019
Are you interested in becoming a Marketing & Communication assistant in the Netherlands? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.