GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Accountant is part of the finance department & is overall responsible for posting accounting transactions in SAGE, preparing payment vouchers , preparing reports or schedules for SAGE posting , filing of records , monitoring district funds & stocks.
• Posting of Sales & Miscellaneous Income
• Preparation and Posting of:
o Warehousing and Export Expenses
o Preparation of Handling Cost - Suppliers
o Preparation of Bad debts
o Posting of Deferred Expenses
o Posting of Interest Charges on Inter Company Loans
o Posting of Bank Transactions ( Charges on Account)
• OH EXPENSES
o Vetting Expenses Reports
o Posting of cheque payment transactions
o Posting of expense report transactions
o Posting of payroll transactions
o Posting of withholding tax transactions
o Posting of Cashew/Sesame/Gum Arabic/ WACC funding JVs
o Preparation of overhead analysis
o Posting of Forex transactions
o Posting of interest receivable
o Posting of Daily Expenditure
o Recording and Posting of Cash Payments
o Preparation & Posting of Depreciation
o Posting of Prepaid Monthly Overhead Expenses(Rents & Insurance)
• REPORT /SCHEDULES PREPARATION
o Preparation of Mgt Commentary & Ratios
o Cash Reconciliation
o Assist in Cognos Reporting
o Assist in preparation of management account
o Preparation of Withholding tax Schedule
o Preparation of Daily Expense Report
o Preparation of Cash Report (Cash Certificate )
o Preparation of Supplier and Debtor Reconciliation
• REPORTS /SCHEDULES REVIEW
o Vetting Expenses Reports
o Review of Ops Manager and Warehouse Keeper Report
o Review of Stocks Reports from districts
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, SPECIALIZED SKILLS /KNOWLEDGE:
• BSC –Accounting & ACCA or CA II
• 3 year relevant work experience
• Advanced analytical skills
• Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills
• Ability to work independently
• Good project-, time management skills and the ability to work towards tight deadlines
• Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think outside the box and have an innovative approach
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Accountant in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE AND GENERAL ROLE EXPECTATIONS
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to all the company's businesses and to lead all Capex projects from Concept to Implementation. For this role we are recruiting national (The Netherlands) jobseekers only.
The position will involve the following functions:
(1) Planning and execution of CAPEX projects throughout Africa
(2) Implementation of Maintenance plans and monitoring of Maintenance Execution for all company sites
(3) Functional leadership to the on-site Technical Teams
(4) Develop and implement new processes and products according to the needs of the company
The position will report to the Managing Director with dotted line to Corporate Senior Project Manager
The R&D Assistant and Technical Roll Out Manager report directly to this position. The Countries Technical managers will have a dotted line report to this role.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING
Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree with additional education in food processing
REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in factory engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and process development
• Significant experience in building new food factories in Africa
• Experience in the development of new processes and process improvement
• Extensive knowledge of project management in research
• Experience in the Starch Industry
Dordrecht (Netherlands) with travelling across all sites as needed
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Planning and execution of CAPEX projects
Maintenance of all Facilities and Equipment
Product development, meeting customer requests in line with business need. (considering hurdle rates): Lead definition and implementation of projects
Improvements (quality, energy, water usage, environmental impact and cost) of existing and new machinery and processes
Knowledge transfer and people development
Drive R&D projects with external partners
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / COMPETENCIES
• Mechanical and hygienic engineering knowledge
• Food processing and food equipment knowledge
• Starch production equipment and processes knowledge
• Strong in project management
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methods
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing, speaking)
• Professional proficiency in English is a must
• Proficiency in French and Portuguese is advantageous
• International Standards on Environmental, Quality Systems and Hygienic Engineering
• Ability to implement, to sustain and improve, and to ensure compliance with people safety and food safety regulations.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Problem solving
• Crisis management
• Strategic thinker
• Building partnerships
• Financial skill sets
Management for results and impact
Self-Starter and self-motivated
Highly motivated and results orientated
Are you interested in becoming a Technical and RD Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is a multinational provider of housing equipment for the agricultural market. They are looking for employees who show initiative, creativity, motivation and interest in a demanding and versatile job.
In order to manage their subsidiary in Nigeria (Lagos), which currently counts 15 employees in different areas like administration, sales, technology and logistics, our client is looking for a
General Manager Nigeria
• You are a dynamic and flexible person who will be able to lead our subsidiary in Nigeria-Lagos by actively acquiring new customers, serving our existing customers, expanding business relationships and ensuring that sales targets are met
• You are the first seller on the market, selling our state-of-the-art equipment for housing poultry and pigs
• You will build up the structure of the service and assembly areas, promoting them and achieving success on the market
• You will be responsible for full integration and communication with the parent company in Europe.
• You have knowledge of the Nigerian market
• You have the ability to lead a sales team
• Ideally, you have some initial experience in selling capital goods
• You have extensive knowledge of corporate governance
• You have very good command of spoken and written English
• You are willing to travel and you have the ability to organize yourself
• Organizational skills, independent work and a high degree of personal initiative round off your profile.
What can this job offer you?
• Become part of a great team and in a big multinational company, which is represented in more than hundred countries worldwide
• An interesting and diversified workplace in a dynamic environment
Position: Regional Agronomist, West Africa
Country/Regional Name: West Africa based in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Reporting to: Regional Director, Inputs and Agrochemicals
Our client, a leading global commodities merchant and sustainable supply chain management company, is seeking a technically strong and highly commercial agronomist with a strategic approach and entrepreneurial mindset to build up its agronomy division across West Africa.
We are looking for an expert in agronomy who will be a focus point internally for agrochemicals and sustainability programmes to manage our clients crop’s itinerary (products and good agricultural practices). S/he will also be responsible for business development / managing relationships with key external stakeholders e.g. clients, ministries, technical institutions. The postholder must be fluent in both French and English.
The Regional Agronomist will be an individual with extensive practical agronomy experience. This could be experience either agronomically manage plantations for tree crops or dealing with small holder farmers on the agronomy side. S/he will have to demonstrate commercial knowledge to be able to improve agronomic interventions and also provide commercial support to such interventions.
The Regional Agronomist role is a cross- business and functional role and is responsible for a wide variety of interventions:
- Responsible of crop’s itineraries in terms of:
o Products portfolio
o Good agricultural practices
o Protocols for demo, development research trials, etc
o Product’s registration (national and with private standards)
o Responsible of the regulatory and development budget
o Signing off any technical information released internally and externally
- Create and manage demo plot to demonstrate impact of our agrochemical Crop Doctor Products. Also create and manage demo plots for other businesses
- Support and develop technical content to be used in products and services distribution to farmers;
- Technical lead for Farm management services business that is being developed in West Africa region;
- Create a top quality agronomy team that provides best in class support to our client's businesses in West Africa and ensure it alignment with the company’s business strategy;
- Partner with SMS Advisory Services, SMS Farm management Services and Crop Doctor business
- Manage the continuous innovation processes incl. monitoring for new technologies, particularly with rural practices
- Effectively report on new experiments and findings to build a consistent knowledge base across the WAF region;
- Build and own relationships with external agronomy research institutions;
- Build and develop relations with large plantation owners and with other businesses to create a shared knowledge bank.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Post graduate degree in agriculture/ agronomy
● Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the agribusiness sector
● Work experience in the agrochemicals sector, farmer training and support and/ or innovation of new products in the West African environment, highly advantageous
● Excellent technical agronomic and commercial skills
● Equally strategic whilst willing and able to be hands on in the field
● Ability to travel extensively within West Africa
● Fluent in French and English
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Agronomist West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER/ SR. PROJECT ENGINEER
Location: Ivory Coast Abidjan
Area: Manufacturing/ food processing
Purpose of the role
The main purpose of this position, is to lead the construction activities on a project in our cocoa factory, in this project the capacity of the factory will be extended by 50% while the current operation need to continue operations while respecting all the high safety and high food safety standards. This position reports to the Build Manager and has three engineers as direct reports.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to lead the build activities with a zero injury expectation while achieving the technical aspects of the project objectives. She/he will be delivering his targets while ensuring compliance with requirements from companies’ Corporate Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs BU and Environmental, Health and Safety BU. Moreover the successful candidate will have to maintain control of project technical aspects by measuring performance and taking corrective action.
The core general skills required for the role are:
Technical solid background and experiences (either mechanical or electrical)
Proven experience executing projects at production locations
Bilingual (English / French), Good written and oral communications skills.
Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments, contractors, suppliers and regulatory agencies, and influence relevant stakeholders.
Ability to apply companies’ policies and procedures in the areas of health, safety, environmental and food safety.
The candidate would ideally have the below profile
Bachelor / Master Degree in Technical Field
Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in engineering and construction environments
Experience in supervising contractors
Are you interested in becoming a Project Engineer in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
MANAGING DIRECTOR – INSURANCE BROKERS - ANGOLA
A leading COMMERCIAL INSURANCE COMPANY in ANGOLA is looking for a Managing Director to run THE BUSINESS.
A strong background in commercial insurance with A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS experience in managing an Insurance Brokerage, and leading a successful business with a major is required.
Excellent opportunity for someone to take charge in this business, move it to the next level, and develop their career accordingly.
SKILL SET REQUIRED:
• Visionary leadership
• Ability to motivate a workforce
• Effective management and delegation
• Communication and negotiation
• PR and presentation skills
• Understanding of a multi-faceted business operation
• Strong financial acumen
• Planning and forecasting
• In depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments
• Complex problem solving
• Effective decision making
MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS in a senior INSURANCE LEADERSHIP ROLE in a large well known Brokerage.
PLEASE NOTE: applications from individuals without the required Insurance Experience will NOT be considered.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Angola? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is the leading distributor of alcoholic beverages in the Gulf Region and we are recruiting a Wine Sales Executive for them.
Wine Sales Executive: Role Purpose
The purpose of this role is to actively support the company’s mission to be the leading alcoholic beverage distributor, and retailer in the UAE, through focus on the wine category and key brands within the company’s wine portfolio.
The role will add value to the business by bringing focus to selling and marketing activities for the Wine portfolio. The role will work closely with the Sales team to grow the Wine market share and grow revenue in in the On - Trade Channel in Dubai. The role will also work closely with the Wine Marketing team to build brand equity for these brands through appropriate trade marketing strategies. With the large number of sku’s and brands in the Wine Portfolio, a key challenge will be to create and implement the company’s sales strategies, that deliver target volumes, share and margins for the brands and to ensure that customer service standards – both to external trade customers as well as the Principal - are at the highest levels.
Dimensions of the Job (Turnover, span of control etc ……)
The financial dimensions of this role are as outlined in the annual business plan and based on the budgeted volumes, sales revenue and market share for the Wine category. This role will not have any direct people management responsibility but will work very closely with the On trade team to ensure that deliverables are achieved.
Deliverables of the role (Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities)
1. Create an annual Sales Plan for the agreed key brands within the wine portfolio for each business channel.
2. Develop and implement appropriate sales strategies for the brands for each individual account working in close coordination with the Sales team in order to achieve targeted profits, sales turnover and customer service levels.
3. Informing the account of all new product launches in a timely manner and work actively towards maximising product listings in the outlets.
4. Identify and research new customers together with the Wine Manager and the Sales team. Agreeing on sales and consumer activity plans for each new account.
5. Together with the Sales team for the respective account, work towards increasing knowledge of the wines in the trade by conducting staff training programs.
6. Take responsibility for ensuring that special orders for any wines are depleted as per the agreed terms and conditions.
7. Provide specialist knowledge on a continuous basis to the Sales force and ensure that his/her own professional knowledge is continuously updated.
8. Together with the Sales team , analyze the sales trends across Trade Accounts and develop appropriate strategies and plans to maximize sales by addressing opportunities and issues on a timely basis.
Implementation of Marketing Plans
9. Liaise with the Wine Marketing Manager and provide input into developing appropriate marketing strategies for various market segments.
10. Conduct “wine tasting” events and other related wine promotional events in order to promote the company’s range of wines in the market.
11. In co - ordination with the Wine Marketing Manager, implement the On - trade marketing plans as per the agreed marketing and brand growth plans and the agreed promotional calendar.
12. Analyze wine sales on a regular basis, prepare and present action plans to the Sales team.
13. Act as the liaison point for the logistics team regarding s tock issues and other logistics related issues which may arise.
14. Represent the company at on - trade and sponsored events.
15. Ensure all sales is done as per the laws of the land and as per established guidelines.
16. Completely understand, respect and function within the team he/ she operate, so that complete alignment with the organizational goals is achieved.
17. Provide training on a continuous basis to the sales force ( On Trade and Retail) and ensure that his/her own professional knowledge is continuously updated.
18. Provide specialist support to the retail business (Staff and Customers) as and when needed.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess a majority of the attributes described below:
Skills required for the position
§ Ability to build relationships, particularly with people in the trade.
§ Ability to excel in service focused culture
§ Communicating and influencing skills.
§ Decision - making skills.
§ Excellent verbal and written skills.
§ Planning and Organising skills
§ Problem Solving and Analytical Skills.
§ Strong achievement orientation together with a passion for the business . Desire and ability to achieve business results is critical.
§ Commercial awareness with good numeric ability
§ Persuasive communication skills, written and spoken
§ Team player
• Wine enthusiast with some specialist knowledge, preferably with the WSET basic course
• Good track record with 3 - 5 years of operational sales experience in wine sales
• Experience in sales training and/or giving group presentations
• Ability to become a confident brand and sales ambassador
• Good PC skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
Abu Dhabi/ Dubai
Are you interested in becoming a Wine Sales Executive in UAE? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.