Country Manager in Central Africa , Central Africa
For one of the fastest growing logistics service companies in Africa we are seeking a Country Manager in Central Africa.
The company is looking for a Country Manager with a commercial mindset, with an operations/ warehousing/ freight forwarding background.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Serving as the person in charge of country's site personnel as well as office staff
• Managing the daily operations for the company
• Winning profitable business, converting, and prospecting both in-country as well as outside
• Develop processes and drive expansion plans for the country
• Being the face of the company for both clients and government in country
• Making sure that management systems in the country are effective in order to meet the objectives of the organization and to make sure the staff can carry out their work efficiently and effectively
• Making sure that the staff understand their roles and responsibilities and that they are held directly accountable for their work, achieve the highest possible standards and are appraised regularly
• The Country Lead is responsible for all aspects of the operations in the country including the implementation and evaluation of campaigns, policies, marketing, financial, logistics, administrative programs and communications
• Make a contribution to developing a long-term strategy and making plans for the organization regarding the core values and objectives
• Making sure that the organization fulfils all its regulatory responsibilities and legal statutory in country
• Making sure the offices in country are financially healthy and also implement the right auditing and financial systems
What we are looking for:
• Minimum 10 years related working experience (operations/ warehousing/ transport/ freight forwarding), of which 3 should be at management level. Central African work experience is an advantage
• Strong organizational and management skills, including being comfortable in delegating responsibility
• Solid financial background with full understanding of P&L management and budgeting
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, including ability to successfully build and lead a team, make the proper decisions, communicate the vision of the organisation, manage conflicts, and solve problems
• A strong track record of developing people and proven people management skills in a multi-cultural environment
• Management skills that motivate staff and support team building, demonstrated leadership
• Experience with working in fast changing environments, hands-on
• Problem solving and decision-making skills, entrepreneurial mindset
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Central Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Manager - Accra, Ghana , Ghana
Job Title: Business Manager
Reports to: Country Director, Ghana
Location: Accra, Ghana
Our client is looking for a driven and passionate individual, who has a proven track record of creating businesses from scratch. Working within an agreed business timeline, the individual will work to develop a deep understanding of their trucking business in Ghana and update/ develop and/or build on a business strategy for the organisation.
You will be required to identify the success and sticking points for all stakeholders which will result in the successful adoption of an e-logistics platform. A team player who can work with both internal and external stake holders to supervise the development of the required platform to successfully initiate operations.
Functions include but are not limited to, providing strategic direction, managing stakeholders, optimizing operating costs, budget, and plan marketing with high ROI, expand client and trucking base. Lead, supervise and energize the team to achieve its goals and objectives. Provide and support creative and innovative ideas for sustainable business growth.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify key success factors and test the hypothesis for the same
• Identify stake holders
• Identify the route to market
• Build systems and procedures to ensure business growth
• Identify, analyse, and implement key success factors to ensure operational effectiveness
• Prepare and implement an SOP for business activities
• Build a cost efficient and robust back-office team to sustain the business
• Oversee software development and implementation thereof to ensure all business needs are met
• Lead change management while integrating new systems with legacy business operations
• Identify and onboard clients and create tailor made solutions
• Create a benefits plan for truck owners and operators
• Create a supplier benefits plan
• Market analysis and and competitor analysis to build business strategies and identify opportunities
• Establish CAPEX needs and submit proposal to encourage growth of the business
People Management & Development:
• Motivate and coach team members; ensure efficient teamwork and coordination of activities
• Maintain an alignment of individual goals and targets for each team member
• Ensure ongoing learning to improve skills through training and workshops
• Responsible for building the cultural framework to ensure business success
• Create, implement, develop, and enforce the code of conduct, related policies and Health and Safety rules
• Perform job evaluation of existing and new roles that supports business growth and sustainability
• Performance management and development of team based on agreed goals
Business and Financial Reports:
• Prepare and execute business budget and forecasts
• Create, develop, and enforce action plans to follow financial constraints
• Prepare and attend monthly review meetings
• Provide regular data for Financial Reports
Experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Minimum education qualifications: Master’s Degree in Management, Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain, or a related commercial field
• At least 10 years work experience in the field of procurement, supply chain and logistics
• Experience of the Logistics and e logistics sector highly advantageous
• IT skills: Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint are required for report writing, doing presentations, record keeping, data analysis and budgeting
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to make decisions under pressure and handle emergencies
• Ability to communicate instructions clearly and present goals and objectives to the team
• Strong initiative and leadership skills
• Task prioritization, scheduling, and allocation thereof
• Plan and organize the tasks of both white collar and blue-collar employees/ colleagues
Hazardous Materials Management Professional , Africa
Our client is a leader in trading metals and minerals. They trade Tin, Tantalum, Lithium and Tungsten with operations across Africa and Brazil.
To help grow their organisation they are looking for a Hazardous Materials Management Professional, to be based in Africa.
- CHMM and CDGP certified
- Knowledge of ISO
- HSE experience
- Africa experience
Nice to haves:
- French language
- Able to train people
What type of person are we looking for:
- Dynamic personality, every day is different
- Hands-on mentality
- Loves to travel to different African locations
- Loves working in a small but motivated team
Are you interested in becoming a Hazardous Materials Management Professional in Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Finance & Administration Manager in Côte d'Ivoire , Ivory Coast
We are seeking a Finance & Administration Manager for an International client, to join their dedicated team in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for overseeing the execution of the financial management activities, development and implementation of financial management systems, financial reporting, HR & Administration related issues, guiding management in making decisions for the company and ensuring that appropriate systems, procedures, and controls are operational.
The position holder will manage operational areas under the rules, regulations and guidelines of the company while ensuring the accomplishment of goals and targets given by Management, and bringing in-depth knowledge of industry regulations standards and Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills to the business
Oversee and ensure financial systems and procedures that enable efficient and appropriate use of financial systems
• Monitor and record financial international transactions according to company policies and regulations
• Development and review accounting and financial policies and procedures
• Review of key account balances & Approve payments
• Ensure that changes in legislation or company structure are reflected without delays in internal controls and systems
• Ensure daily and month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries are undertaken on time
• Provide technical staff relevant trainings to ensure understanding and compliance with financial policies
Effective management and oversight of working capital
• Coordinate the stock counts and end of year
• Coordinate and maintain a cash flow management
• Manage debtors, creditors and their accurate recovery and reconciliation on the balance sheet
• Coordinate the financial audit and subsequent annual reports
• Generate accurate and timely financial reports and statements for Management review
• Prepare financial reports monthly
• Ensure preparation of accurate and timely sales reports and inventory reports
• Preparing annual budgets, pricing, forecasts
• Monitoring closing processes, billing, invoicing, expenses, reimbursements, and payroll administration
Financial Management Systems
• Provide support in procurement of the computerized accounting systems through evaluation of various suppliers and provide recommendations best applicable system
• Monitor the performance of the financial management system through identification of system challenges and recommendation of system of functions that need improvement
• Ensure all the finance team members understand and are in position to effectively utilise the financial system
• Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion
• Respond to all queries from external stakeholders on finance related issues
• Bachelor Business Administration (Accounting/Finance)
• Minimum 5 - 6 years’ experience in similar role in a commercial international environment (commodities processing environment is a plus)
• Knowledge in CRM and accounting software
• Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
• Fluent in English and French
Attitude / Motivation
• Value adding (willingness to go an extra mile)
• Kindness (enthusiasm, passion, and encouragement to all)
• Result driven and Entrepreneurial
• Keep company information and operations confidential
Are you interested in becoming a Finance & Administration Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Tanzania , Tanzania
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the following activities with all company operating entities (e.g., both in Tanzania and Uganda):
● Together with the Managing Director, directing the company, developing strategic initiatives, managing investor relations, securing growth funding, managing costs within board-approved annual budgets, ensuring healthy profits, and having accountability for the effective and efficient operation of each team and function (sales, production, quality assurance, supply chain, finance, HR and legal).
● Developing and managing each team towards achieving the objectives of each team and the company as a whole.
● Developing and improving the operational systems, processes and policies for all teams, optimising their processes and workflows (particularly cross-cutting processes), enforcing compliance with policies, applying lean ops/Kaizen principles to reduce wasted time and resources, and generally optimise the performance of each team.
● Developing the capacity and capabilities of all staff, both informally and through the formal performance management process.
Process & Operations Management
● Ensuring excellence in the management of the production, quality assurance, logistics and supply chain teams, particularly in regards to the vanilla and cocoa value chains, and manufacturing thereof, and ensuring all short and long term company and team objectives are met and underlying risks mitigated.
● Support all teams in:
○ Procuring, cost-effectively, adequate equipment, consumables and raw materials (e.g., raw vanilla and cocoa, production consumables, ancillary equipment & spares, technology systems, lab materials, etc.);
○ Improving the supply of key raw materials (e.g., vanilla, cacao), in terms of increased quality, volumes, productivity and land under cultivation, in a cost-effective manner;
○ Ensuring outstanding company reputation and quality of service with all relevant stakeholders (farmers, government authorities, customers, donors, investors);
○ Managing technology solutions, and related reporting and analytics, e.g., for mobile-enabled field team management, inventory management, workflow enhancements, etc;
○ Ensuring the company monitors and meets social impact indicators and targets, including indirect beneficiaries;
○ Supporting the teams for certification of, and compliance with, national and international standards (e.g., regulatory, occupational safety, food safety like FSSC 22000, organic, kosher, halal, etc);
○ Ensuring continual operational improvement (e.g., Kaizen, lean operations);
Compliance, Internal Controls & Audit
● Supporting internal service functions (Finance, HR and Legal) in adhering to, and improving upon, the company’s policies and procedures, particularly in regards to strategic growth
(new initiatives and international expansion), internal controls and regulatory compliance (e.g., Labor, Immigration, TRA, NEMC, EPZA, Municipal and District bylaws, Crop Boards,
various Ministries, Bank of Tanzania, Fair Competition Commission, etc);
● Assisting in the execution of said policies and procedures, including, for example, recruitment, employee relations, grievances, inventory control, etc;
● Auditing adherence and compliance with internal controls across all teams, departments, divisions, subsidiaries and related companies;
● Reviewing and ensuring correctness of financial and operational reports to team leads, management, the Board of Directors, shareholders, other investors/financiers and donors;
● Supporting the management of any subsidiaries, holding companies and franchise companies, both within Tanzania and abroad.
● Leading the continual engagement of government authorities, supporting and representing all teams who deal with regulatory and compliance topics;
● Providing input to government ministries and regulatory bodies in respect of the Company’s primary value chains and how these can be positioned and strengthened within the global
● Staying abreast of updates on government policies and legislation, particularly monitoring publications in Tanzania’s Official Gazette;
● Raising the profile of the company at national level, e.g., by engaging with relevant ministries.
Strategy & Funding
● Setting the strategic direction of the company (together with the MD) and of the constituent teams (together with team leads), developing strategic initiatives, securing funding for such
initiatives, and ensuring completion and effectiveness of such initiatives, as will benefit stakeholders including the organisation as a whole, suppliers (e.g., farmers and processors), investors and shareholders, and ultimately the regional economy;
● Assisting the MD in securing all manner of growth funding to achieve the company’s vision and mission, analysing financials and operational data, and writing investor and donor reports/proposals
● Following up on meetings and with external contacts to assist the Managing Director and Board Directors;
● Assisting in the preparation of general paper work for submission to government entities, parastatal organisations, investors, donors and other parties, as may be needed by the Company;
● Any other duties as may be required from time to time by the Managing Director or Board Director(s), and to assist peers and other team leads/officers as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
● Minimum criteria:
o Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science, with a Masters in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Operations Management or equivalent.
o At least 10 years of experience, preferably 15, in executive-level management positions, including significant experience at a multinational company;
o Expertise in agribusiness, outgrower networks, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), engineering (mechanical, process, chemical), manufacturing, and/or food technology;
● Must have food processing background with ISO and FSSC certifications,
● Exceptional organisational skills, able to manage and move forward multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously;
● Excellent entrepreneur drive, interpersonal skills, able to relate to multiple foreign cultures, and manage people effectively in difficult circumstances;
● Outstanding ability to negotiate effectively with all stakeholders, including customers, contractors, farmers, farmer associations, service providers, agents, government (all levels), donors, investors, shareholders, directors and staff;
● Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written, in both English and Swahili;
● Highly proficient with general computer productivity packages such as Microsoft Office, Google G Suite and ERP systems;
● Demonstrated strong leadership, able to inspire and influence others, set their teams’ strategy and lead their work independently;
● A passion for economic development, social impact and data-driven decision making.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director Ghana , Ghana
For one of our European clients, who is using innovative systems and software, to improve the lives of people, we are recruiting a Managing Director for their Head Office in Accra.
Purpose of the role
• Manage day-to-day operations of the company and its overall performance.
• Strive for an excellent customer satisfaction and maintain effective relationships with clients in the public sector in Ghana and other African countries
• Coordinate all existing and new projects with clients in the whole of Africa and the Service Level Agreements and service contracts
• Creating a positive and motivating atmosphere in the company and providing better growth opportunities for employees and making sure they are providing positive results for the company
The ideal candidate
• Excellent team player and resourceful manager with a proven ability to develop and strengthen teams in order to grow and built a company and create motivation amongst employees
• Good interpersonal skills and trustworthy, someone transparent and reliable with a high respect of time
• Good communicator, both verbally and written and analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills
• Customer focussed and ability to manage projects with efficiency and with a good customer satisfaction
• Hands-on and good decision maker
• Patience when needed and ready to take challenges and deal with challenging situations
• Should believe in teamwork and effectively interact with the clients and the employees
• Both local and international jobseekers are welcome to apply. For international applicants Africa experience is required.
• The ideal candidate is having a technical management experience within a service delivery environment, preferably with medical and/or clinical equipment, X-ray, Systems and Software etc.
• Minimum of BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
• He or she should have required past working experience of 5+ years in the field of successfully managing the responsibilities and different departments of a company in Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Country Manager Ivory Coast , Ivory Coast
Our client is active in sustainability programmes in cocoa, coffee, and cashew.
For them we are seeking a new Country Manager in Ivory Coast.
Our client is looking for a Country Manager to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders, today mainly in cocoa. The Country Manager primarily has an operational role in leading the office and managing 25+ office and field staff, and a representation role towards local farmer groups and partners. Additional, in your role, you will be working in collaboration with the procurement team, Project managers responsible for various portfolio’s. The role of the Country Manager is to facilitate and enable the execution of all on the ground sustainability activities from certification to projects on reforestation and starting savings groups for farmers in Ivory Coast.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Represent our client in Ivory-Coast towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feeding sector developments to HQ
• Keep meaningful relationships with govt offices (CCC) and sector partners (WCF, IDH)
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners (GIZ, ICI)
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
2. Manage the country office with sustainability team of 25+ of program managers and field teams
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between
the team members.
• Manage recruitment, HR performance management, personal development for all staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX procurement
• Ensure alignment within the team, facilitating exchange and coordination among different portfolio’s
3. Team Management & Support of the local Team by ensuring activity coordination + alignment with the vertical heads in HQ.
• Act as support and sparring partner for the Project Managers and Certification Managers in IVC
• Monitor progress of certification, mapping and traceability activities of their cocoa suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection
• Ensure necessary operational support & inputs e.g., equipment & financing from HQ.
• Directly manage the certification officer in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Provide support to M&E project manager on the strategy and execution of farmer database management, mapping and traceability recordkeeping to ensure up to date reporting to HQ
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
4. Supplier relation management and support on procurement and shipment of traceable cocoa
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on cocoa volume + sustainability premiums
• Manage and Ensure the deliveries by Cooperates of the of traceable cocoa volumes
5. Finance and project audits
• Manage and optimize the expenditure of country budget and cash request, by identifying cost savings and synergies and finding solutions when budget lines risk to be
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc)
• Coordinate contracted premium payments to suppliers and liaise on cashflow for operations with financial management of suppliers
You will be working in a dynamic sustainability team. In Ivory-Coast, you will be working with a team of 10+ at the office in Abidjan, and a 60+ strong field team across the country. Internationally, you will be in contact with our head office team and other origin teams and work in close collaboration with our sector partners and cocoa suppliers.
Qualities our client is looking for:
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Affinity with intercultural communication (Africa, Europe)
• You thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and you are able to balance different priorities
• Self-starter and all-round mentality; willing to execute simple tasks as well as manage big portfolios
• A passionate and ambitious worker; accurate, efficient and problem-solving
• You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures
• Fluency in French & English
What is offered to you:
You will be part of a fast-growing organization and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. Our client offers substantial freedom in your work, engagement in a broad range of sustainability topics, and personal development opportunities. The client offers a competitive salary, housing and transportation and good other secondary employment conditions. Work status 40 hours per week. Based in Abidjan, Ivory-Coast, with regular travel to the field, and business trips to other offices in West Africa.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Managing Director in Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
Our client is an established organic and fair-trade player and we are recruiting a Managing Director for their Burkina Faso entity.
The purpose of the job is to maintain a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to maintain a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part. Additionally, the managing director will be actively involved in the planning and implementation of a new state of the art mango and cashew processing plant.
As Managing Director you will head the executive management team which consist of four directors overseeing the following departments:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
3. Operations-processing - Exports
4. Quality Health Safety/Social Environmental
Your responsibilities include:
• Lead and sustain the Executive Management team of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop, and optimize business processes, policies, and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support, and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPIs to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations built on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory, and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
Your requirements are:
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience in managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina-Faso
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Processing experience
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong work ethic
• Sensitive to social impact and to sustainable development
• Fluent in French & English (written and spoken)
• Local contract, long term position
• Competitive Salary
• Start date ASAP
• Unique opportunity for both local and international candidates
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.