Managing Director , Ghana
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
Farm Manager Ethiopia , Ethiopia
For our client, which is a European company active in the horticulture sector in Africa, we are looking for a Farm Manager in Ethiopia.
• Direct reporting to general manager and Management Team from Europe and Ethiopia
• Planning and directing all farm activities:
* Follow up new varieties, building of greenhouses
* Follow up of Payroll, voucher and budgets
* Follow up targets, minimizing labor, labor optimization.
- Import & Export
* Communication with government, follow up new laws
• Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent by experience.
• Preferable five or more years of relevant work experience in the position of manager.
• Affinity with the plant sector is an advantage
• Willing to relocate to Ethiopia.
• Languages English
• Attractive and versatile function with an international market leader in its segment.
• Attractive remuneration package including housing, insurance cover and medical cost refund.
Are you interested in becoming a Farm Manager in Ethiopia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Construction Manager in West Africa , West Africa
Our client is looking for a Construction / Site Manager to lead a small team, developing infrastructure (Airstrip, power station and access roads) and managing projects. The new manager needs to be fluent in French. He will Report to the General Manager. The Site manager will assist with all site activities, for example logistics, finance and accounting and contract and claims management.
- Work closely together with the Local Government
- Putting Zero Harm safety culture in place across all Projects
- Identify risks regarding safety and take preventative action when needed
- Construction and Contractor Management
- Commercial and Contract Management
- Implement the proper project control mechanisms
- Civil Engineering qualification
- Extensive experience in Project Management
- Skilled in forecasting, planning, scheduling and cost control
- Well known with Community, Labour and Union relations
- Previous experience in West Africa
- French speaking and writing
The contract will be for 2 years initially.
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Manager in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Finance Manager in Ghana , Ghana
The Finance Manager will report directly to Managing Director in Ghana and the Head Office in Europe.
The Finance Manager is part of the local Management Team. He/She is focused on developing and implementing a stable, future proof internal and financial organization. Highly organized and confident in initiating, leading and implementing projects as well as being able and willing to be ‘hands on’ when required. Highly motivated, objective and pragmatic with the persistence and ability to thrive under pressure and changing circumstances.
• Oversees the day-to-day administration when it comes to petty cash, stock administration and control, internal audits, sales administration, supplier invoices
• Responsible for management and communication and follow up with banks, GRA, tax authorities, auditors and other stakeholders
• Responsible for financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Cash flow and sales forecast and compliance
• Final responsible for correct and timely financial reporting
• Responsible for working capital and cashflow management (reporting and initiating and implementing process improvements - in cooperation with purchase, operations & sales
• Responsible for stock reconciliation
• Responsible for supplying accurate information of expenses and costing in order to have a correct price calculation. Also responsible for monitoring and analyzing price, cost and margin development afterwards.
• Responsible for the annual planning and budget process for the company
• Analyses and proactively identifies opportunities for internal process improvements
• Makes sure the accounting system and other it systems are optimally used
• Minimum of +5 years of experience in a similar role in preferably Ghana
• A background within a sales and production/manufacturing environment, preferably processing of with raw materials, large stock, import
• Experience with national and international financial reporting structures
• Good managerial skills
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Purchase Manager Ghana , Ghana
For an international client based in Accra in the agricultural sector, we are seeking a Purchase Manager.
Duties and responsibilities;
• Keep a detailed and updated list of vendors for Raw Materials and other inputs
• Collect price information and availability of Raw Materials from different suppliers
• Source new potential suppliers
• Inform General Manager daily on Raw Material stock levels, and initiate purchases
• Initiates purchases of items, in order to keep minimum stock levels.
• Prepare detailed contracts with suppliers
• Responsible for problem solving with suppliers, regarding differences in payment, quantities, quality etc. etc.
• End responsibility over a neat and organized warehouse and supervising the team
• Maintain minimum stock levels of raw materials and consumables
• Clear Purchase Orders by Goods Receiving note(GRN)
• Plan and organize collection of approved purchase orders, for both Raw Materials and Consumables
• Contracting transporters for raw material collection.
• Make sure all correct documentation (receipts, attachments, Withholding tax documents etc.) are made available to finance department
• Daily reporting of stock balancing of raw materials
• Manage the purchase team (storekeepers, administration and purchaser/collector)
• Prepare forecasts of requested stock materials
• Coordinate and resolve problems in collaboration with procurement team and finance team
• Follow up the implementation of procurement contracts in collaboration with involved departments
• Handle any other procurement related activities
Are you interested in becoming a Purchase Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sr. Finance Manager in Ghana , Ghana
• Chartered Accountant with +10 years' post qualification experience in te construction industry
• Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 15 for construction companies)
• Has experience of independent charge of accounts & finance function
• Has managed a team size of 3-4 members
• Good spoken and written communication skills & interpersonal skills
• 2-3 years’ working experience in West Africa would be of advantage
• Familiar with local tax regulations
• Worked in construction/mining industry
• Big 4 background
• Handling banking relationships
• Experience in ERP implementation
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Heads and monitors day to day finance operations for the region
• Works towards improving policies and procedures to ensure adequate control environment is in place
• Works along the Operations Head to manage project costing
• Ensures group reporting is done to the Head Office regularly
• Interacts with statutory auditors and ensures timely closure of local annual audits.
• Mentors & guides the accounting / finance team
• Ensures compliance with local regulations.
• Assist the Group Manager – Taxes, to prepare a detailed tax planning document for the region.
• Assists the Financial Controller / CFO from time to time on any finance department related matters.
• Ensures smooth implementation of ERP system.
Reporting to: President Africa & CFO
Minimum qualifications: Chartered Accountant
Position based in: Ghana
Are you interested in becoming a Finance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Business Development Manager Africa , South Africa
Our client is a fast growing and innovative healthcare company with a global footprint looking to expand in Sub Saharan Africa. Their line of business is fast paced and quality oriented and their culture is friendly and informal. Their expansion plans are ambitious. To achieve the ambitious plans in Africa they are looking for a Business Development Manager Sub Saharan Africa, based preferably in Johannesburg. As BDM you will be responsible for driving sales, building a strong distributor network, finding new partners, building strong customer relationships and driving excellence. A unique opportunity to influence the future direction of the company’s growth and further strengthen their presence in SSA. You will report to the VP Sales for the region who sits in Europe.
Your main objective will be to implement the sales strategy for the region including develop, support and manage the network of distributors.
The primary areas of responsibility for this job:
1. significantly increase business activity and sales
2. establish and build relationship with distributors
3. plan and conduct sales/marketing activities
4. participate in the development and formulation of strategy and tactics for the markets
5. monitor the markets
6. conduct targeted activities towards KOL in relevant product segments
7. Partner with the sales and marketing teams in Europe
What professional and personal competencies does the perfect person have for the job?
- Strong business drive
- strong commercial and strategic mindset
- Solid presentation skills
- Good listener
- First class relation builder
- ‘fit’ with ST NEM team
- Extrovert personality
-Good ethics and business practice
-ability to work autonomously
It is a requirement that you have experience from similar challenges and have experience with sales through distributors. It will be an advantage if you have experience from the healthcare industry.
Your educational background could be a master’s degree in Economics or Business or similar.
As it concerns a global organisation and as you will work cross boarders, they require that you speak and write English fluently.
As you will cover a large geographical area, you can expect very frequent travel.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Development Manager Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Project Manager in Zambia , Zambia
Our client is an international company in machinery supporting, amongst other sectors, the mining industry.
1. Managing the following projects:
Structuring, Organization and Management:
- Ensure compliance with contractual commitments to the client while defending the interests of the company according to the strategy of the company;
- Visit the client and the company's teams on site on a regular basis; Organizing and monitoring meetings with the team on site;
- Establish project reviews;
- Inform the manager of excesses or risks observed on the projects and create a corrective action plan;
- Ensure the proper human and material resources necessary for the projects;
- Develop knowledge of certain product ranges;
- Creating the process of the operational reporting of the projects for which he is responsible together with his teams;
- Making sure of a proper hand-over with the back-up
Together with Project Operations Manager or Business Development Manager:
- Maintain and develop a good level of relations with the contact persons at the suppliers and customerss;
- Find solutions for the implementation of technical support; finding opportunities for business development and making plans to realize them;
- Support the Project Engineers (sales) by providing the information that is needed, developing the technical offer and the commercial negotiation;
- Participate in business discussions with the client;
- Make sure of the profitability of the projects for which you are responsible;
- Manage actions aimed at improving the margin of the different projects;
- Identify the risks related to the projects
- Manage the economic and financial reporting of the projects together with a partner of the finance department;
- Build and defend financial and investment requests from the finance department
- Initiative & Proactivity
- Planning and Organization
- Customer Concern
- Influence & Persuasion
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.