Financial Controller in Nigeria , Nigeria
Financial controller / head of finance and accounts / internal audit
Overall in charge of the accounts department, internal control, finance. Advising the management and owner on the financial strategy. Ensuring effective and efficient running of the business.
- Cost control; monitoring expenditure
- Internal control, policy creation
- Verification of documents related to inventory, payments, import and export of goods
- Verification of internal documents to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Monthly preparation of the management accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of inventories
o Sale goods
- Finalisation of the accounts, coordinating with statutory auditors
- Handling taxation matters and related agencies
- Handling banks
- Handling insurance
- Preparation of Management Information Reports
o Export stock and status of exports
o Imports status updates
o Financial statements (e.g. cashflow statement)
o Financial projections
- Key user of the accounting package; verification that entered information is correct
- Overseeing accounts payable, receivable, payroll preparation
- Excellent accounting knowledge
- Knowledge on import and export formalities
- Internal audit experience
- Knowledge of ERP Package MS Dynamics
- Masters degree in accountancy, finance or relevant field
- Minimum of 15 years experience
- Expat benefits
o SUV + Driver
o 2 flight tickets (Premium Economy) per annum
o Health insurance (excluding dental)
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
General Manager – LEAFS from Kenya , Kenya
Superfood, super healthy.
Moringa is the new superfood, but at LEAFS they take it a step further. They want to make a difference through impact. With their choices and targets they make impact through every Moringa seed sown. From production to distribution; from their fields in Kwale Country to the worldwide moringa market. Every step in the supply chain is managed by LEAFS.
LEAFS is a trustworthy partner for reliable supply of organically certified Moringa, dry powder and tea leaves. They are currently looking for a General Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about combining organic plant growing and processing experience with a passion for people management.
Contributing to the success, means jointly creating employment opportunities supporting over thousands of families so far. LEAFS contributes to regional business and economic growth and helps overcome some of the most severe problems in the developing world like malnutrition, deforestation, impure water, and poverty.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the efficiency and growth of the production plant. The production started from the first 100 acres of trees planted in beginning of the year, resulted in 2 million trees so far. The first harvest and processing is planned Q4 2021.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• P&L responsible for the daughter company in Kenya.
• Responsible for leading the management team, coach and set the example.
• Focus on professionalizing working processes, SOP’s and increase efficiency and productivity.
• Implement continuous improvement as way of working
• Ensure compliancy with company policies and make sure safety procedures are in place.
• Managing by walking around, checking on processes and progress
• Verify quality of product, and partner with QA to ensure all areas are in compliance with production and safety processes
• Provide management reporting towards directors in The Netherlands
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related
• Minimum of 5 yrs. management experience and a proven track record with (organic) crop production and / or processing
• Good people management skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to contribute ideas on how to expand and diversify the operation
• Excellent communication skills in both local and international stakeholder management
• Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for growth
• Multi-task oriented and very well organized
• Hands-on mentality, not afraid of decision making
• Africa experience is a must
• Willing to relocate to Diani Beach area
Do you want to contribute to a healthy, strong and sustainable world through LEAFS? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page!
Chief Operating Officer in Burkina Faso , Burkina Faso
Our client is company that builds sustainable food supply chains, by investing in local processing and supporting producers and farmers with their know-how in quality, organic production, certification and logistics. For their processing facility they are seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee the production for A to Z.
As the COO you will be part of the Executive Management team. You will directly report to the CEO and work together with the CFO and the Head of Agronomy & Sourcing. Together you will form the Executive Management of the company who is working in a highly hands-on environment.
In your role as COO you are responsible for the products from the arrival of the raw materials at the factory door to the export of the end-product. You are overseeing the cashew processing, dried mango production and the dried mango quality control. You assure that production and export planning are in line with customer expectations. In addition to that, you are responsible for the maintenance team which makes sure that machines and infrastructure are in efficient condition.
You make sure you achieve the goals and KPIs through thorough analysis, planning, and organization as well as through the development of good inter-personal relations, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
• Production & Export planning & production data evaluation
• Realize the processing of raw cashew nuts and mango by managing productivity of staff
• Realize cost per kg targets and drive continuous improvement
• Ensure the achievement of quantity and quality targets of the plant
• Oversee food safety, certification (BRC) and safety at work
• Maintain and improve production standards in compliance with organic certification
• Continuous improvement of standard work and operating procedures, food safety and quality manual
• Make sure the full complement of processing staff is skilled, trained, and motivated
• Maintenance of machines and infrastructure
• Manage import & export logistics
• Manage relations and evaluate efficiency of external service providers
• Manage general resources and consumables
• Efficient stock management
Competencies for this position
• High managerial & organizational skills and the ability to develop people
• High interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
• Integrity & transparency
• Efficiency, planning, analytical & problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail, persistence
• Creative/innovative, “think out of the box”, hands-on, high standards, enthusiasm
• Participative leadership
Education and experience
• Master in Engineering, Food Processing or Business or Economics
• 5-10 years’ experience in an industrial/technical environment, agro-industry and/or agro-processing
• Experience in a purchasing and logistics environment in an agricultural environment
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment (experience in West Africa is a plus)
• Strong Excel skills and ideally experience with stock management (systems)
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
Nice to haves
• Familiarity with food safety systems like HACCP and BRC
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing and lean tools
• Experience with technical installations in agribusiness: boiler and steam systems, compressed air systems, mechanical engineering
• QHSE skills
• Having worked in an international environment or company
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Sales Representative in DR Congo , Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Our client active in the Food and Beverage sector is looking for a Sales Representative in order to strengthen their MEA (Middle East & Africa) sales team. The candidate should preferably be based in the Republic of the Congo or the Democratic Republic of the Congo, since there is a growing market which is crucial for our client’s export strategy based on a sustainable business philosophy.
The Sales Representative will be responsible for generating sales volumes by developing partnerships and building strong brand awareness.
Requested are also very good competences in brand management, investments and (data) analytics.
What is the challenge?
• The Sales Representative will lead and influence the sales growth plan for a number of countries in Central Africa and will contribute to put in place the company’s value management and brand marketing programs with the client’s partners and marketeers. The SP will do so by evaluating new routes into the market and finding new ones to grow the company’s portfolio. Besides, the SP will be responsible for the training of the company’s partners in order to align with them about the plans to be implemented in the respective countries.
• The SP will be reporting to the Senior Sales Manager for Southern and Central Africa.
- The candidate must be living in Central Africa (preferably DRC) or is willing to relocate and must have experience in sales and/or business development in the region, although the candidate is expected to travel 30% of the time into neighboring countries.
- The candidate should hold a commercial Bachelor or, ideally, a master’s degree plus 3 – 5 years of experience in an international sales role, preferably in the FMCG.
- The SR should have good financial acumen and strong marketing experience with a proven ability to build trustworthy relationships, influence people through open and relevant communication and work independently.
- Fluent in French and English; fluency in a local language is an added value.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-growing and dynamic company and would like to become a Sales Representative in DR Congo, please apply at the top or bottom of our page (we kindly ask you to send your application in ENGLISH).
General Manager in East Africa , East Africa
The General Manager has the overall responsibility of this production location in East Africa, at which a few hundred people are employed.
- It is absolutely essential that you have worked in a senior management position on a large horticultural farm
- You must have hands-on farming experience for at least 8 years
- You will have experience of working in Africa
- You will be a strong people manager and have experience of large teams reporting into you
- You will be strong commercially and financially and be able to make sound business decisions
- Bachelor or master degree in horticulture or related field
- Good understanding of technical installations
- Comfortable working in the greenhouse
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in East Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Head of Impact and Influence , Zimbabwe
Our client works with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy.
We have partnered up with them, and we are seeking a Head of Impact and Influence cq a natural leader, who can build out and change ambition maps and identify potential partnership and funding opportunities. If you are passionate about helping people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems, keep reading!
The ideal candidate is able to articulate the organization’s strategy and change ambitions, by building strategic partnerships with governments, donors, NGOs, and originate, design and develop innovative programmes to achieve these ambitions. As a member of the Zimbabwe senior management team, you will collaborate closely with senior colleagues to ensure integration of approaches, as well as building capabilities of other staff.
What we expect from you:
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in the NGO business development field in Zimbabwe / Southern Africa with knowledge and understanding of poor rural communities
- A Master’s degree in Development studies, Agriculture or related field
- Ability to understand and articulate energy, smallholder agriculture and climate resilience development priorities of Zimbabwe
- Ability to engage externally and open doors to strategic partnerships and funding
- Excellent proposal writing, presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in English and authorized to work in Zimbabwe
You can expect:
- An attractive basic salary + benefits
- Open communication
- To work with an inspiring and passionate team
- Continuous learning
Should you be interested in this offer, please apply and we will get back to you asap.
Warehouse and Logistics Manager in Nigeria , Nigeria
In charge of the receiving, warehousing, and timely distribution of goods to other units and the administrative aspects related to that.
Planning and coordination of logistics for the group.
- Monitoring stocks
o Weekly reports to management and other units
o always maintaining minimum stock requirement
- Processing requisitions of other units
o Confirm availability with stock
o Inform Procurement if not available
- Follow up on deliveries
- Monitor receipt, order, assembly an dispatch of goods
o Planning and coordination of the logistics between different units
o Planning and coordination of deliveries with procurement
o Planning and coordination of gate passes for contractors and suppliers
- Implement value adding services in the warehouse
- Efficient space utilization
- Communicate effectively with the different departments
- Focus on planning, 3 months minimum stock
- Daily updates on availability and requirements to relevant departments
- Weekly stock reports, stock control and reconciliation with the database
- Identification of dead stock
- Planning of future requirements
- Responsible for the administration of the department
- Planning of the rotation of staff (weekend assignment)
- Propose solutions to improve the warehouse and logistics department
- Implementation of a barcode system
- Recruitment, coaching of staff
- Clear and effective communication
- Ability to prioritize works according to urgency and importance
- Ability to multitask, follow up on different projects, respect deadlines
- Problem solving skills, logical reasoning
- Discipline and following of procedure
- Knowledge of warehouse KPI’s
- Writing of reports
- IT Skills
o Excellent excel skills
o Experience with ERP, preference Dynamics/Navision
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of energy
- Motivator, team leader, strong interpersonal skills
- Pushing people to perform
- Experience of minimum ten years in warehousing and/or logistics
- Good English
- Bsc in logistics, supply chain or business administration
- Strong leadership skills
- Disciplined and trustworthy
- At least 5 years of experience in Nigeria
- Technical knowledge on engineering spares
- Housing in the company compound
- Transport to and from the work location
- 1 month paid leave per annum
- Flight tickets are covered by the company (economy class) to home country
- Insurance (excluding postnatal and dental)
Are you interested in becoming a Warehouse and Logistics Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Procurement and Planning Officer in Nigeria , Nigeria
The procurement and planning officer will develop and execute the company’s purchasing strategy. He/she will oversee the complete purchasing process, while maintaining the code of ethics. Purchases need to be planned and sourced from reliable vendors. The procurement officer must ensure security of supply to guarantee business continuity at any time. He/she needs to evaluate prices continuously, timely delivery needs to be ensured, and administration must be followed up.
Weekly, monthly and yearly budgets need to be drafted.
The Planning Officer will forecast business requirements, monitor inventory, and track consumption to ensure adequate and efficient usage of the services and materials.
This position requires transparency and sound internal communication. With the input of different departments, the maximum of price/quality ratio must be reached.
The environment is fast-paced and rewarding.
Most purchases are for the maintenance of our fleet and then mostly spare parts:
o Generator parts
o Engine parts
o Fishing gear
o Refrigeration parts (compressors)
o Electrical parts
o Winch parts
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of mechanics, engine, compressor, electrical parts
- Strategic mind, forward planning of purchases
- Ability to communicate effectively across different departments
- Experience with MIS reporting
- Willingness to learn
- Good intercultural and personal skills
- Strong negotiator
- Network skills; establish a strong relationship with vendors
- Must function well under pressure (e.g. emergency requirements)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly excel
- Experience with ERP Microsoft Navision/dynamics
- Excellent English speaker
- Familiar with import/export terminology, INCOTERMS
- Africa experience
Targets and KPI’s
- High compliance rate
o Ensure compliance measures are strictly followed
- Supplier evaluation
o Timely delivery
o Quality of product
- Reduction of emergency purchases
- Planning of purchases in relation to expected lead times, minimum stock levels
- Cost saving
- Local staff development
- Bachelor status
- Annual leave of 30 days per annum
- Annual ticket economy class to country of residence
- Company provides accommodation, driver and vehicle, househelp
- Medical insurance
Are you interested in becoming a Procurement and Planning Officer in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.