Our client is an international company in Food Production and for their operations in Kenya we are looking for an accountant.
Recently the company opened a new office in Kenya. Located in Nairobi they make sure their products will be available at all times for their customers. They are looking for an Administrative/accounting employee.
- Debt collecting
- Keeping track of outstanding payments
- Have contact with responsible account managers regarding the outstanding payments
- Manage all incoming and outgoing transactions
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
- All pre-work for bookkeeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting role is a must preferably in a international firm
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and good record-keeping skills a must
- Experience in Excel, Outlook and Work.
Are you interested in becoming an Accountant in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Cameroon : Project Manager for Sustainable Cocoa Programs
Location: Based in Douala, Cameroon, with regular trips to cocoa regions
Field of Expertise: Project Management
Work Experience: 2-5 years
Work Status: 40 hours per week.
Preferred Candidates: Local and international jobseekers invited to apply
Benefits included: For international candidates: accommodation, transport, insurance to be discussed
Our client is a young and fast growing cocoa trading company that has the ambition to connect the cocoa supply chain participants in the most efficient and effective way. Sustainability is a key pillar of the company.
Your key responsibilities will be to
• Coordinate execution of sustainability activities in the field in collaboration with cocoa suppliers, clients and partners like UTZ certified, GIZ, and other community development NGO’s.
• Monitor progress of certification activities of our cocoa suppliers in the field;
• Support our M&E data collection with field staff from our cocoa suppliers;
• Report to clients on project indicators and realized budgets of sustainability programs
• Maintain relationships with our farmer groups, exporters, and client representatives;
• Identify new local suppliers and partners for program up-scaling.
Skills we are looking for
• An academic degree in agriculture, community development or other related fields;
• At least 1 years of experience in project management and/or commodities;
• A passionate and ambitious worker;
• Excellent organizational skills and relationship management
• Extensive knowledge of Excel, experience with online tools (surveys, GIS) is a pre;
• Being a fast-growing company we are looking for a self-starter. You need to be efficient on an independent basis as well as in a team;
• Fluent in English and French and local language is a pre;
• Bush proof, you will spend a week per month with cocoa suppliers and on plantations
What they offer
You will be part of a fast-growing company and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. They offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment.
Expat position with net salary 5,000-7,000$ depending of candidate profile
2 flight tickets per year to original country
Rotation 5 months DRC – 1 month home
The job holder will:
supervise workshop team of 15 mechanics, allocate workload and manage the day to day operations in the workshop
liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure minimum 90% availability of trucks fleet through efficient and timely preventive maintenance.
be responsible to set up SOP and propose recommendations in continuous improvements approach
ensure that all operations are executed in strict respect of HSE standards
Setting up stores and inventory to ensure efficient stock
Organizing and handling repairs on heavy duty trucks-trailers equipment ( 2 graders and 2 , excavators) and light vehicles.
Developing the workshop’s annual plans, short and long term objectives
Developing and controlling the workshop budget
Leading and motivating the workshop unit to achieve quality, cost and availability targets
Design and implement SOP to ensure efficient maintenance plan of fleets and equipment.
Ensuring work instructions are up to date and maintenance tools/equipment are in place in order to help facilitate in-house staff/contractors in undertaking overhaul/repair tasks safely
Coordinating resources, operational and human schedules to effectively manage the day to day operations, liaising with operations department on requirements
Effectively responding and dispatching teams to recover all break downs in the shortest time possible
management and vehicle tracking
Conducting troubleshooting, fault finding and rectification, unit overhauls, service and maintenance of vehicles including private maintenance, to produce detailed and quality work
Effectively responding and dispatching teams to recover all break downs in the shortest time possible
Management of quality control and procurement aspects of the workshop
Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations
Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs and ensure supplies are ordered for each job
Provide oversight and check job estimates
Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls
Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business in general and the workshop in particular
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
Computer literate – Microsoft Office (outlook, Excell, Word)
SKILLS & WORK EXPERIENCE
Minimum 6 years’ experience in heavy haulage fleet maintenance, 3 of which should be in a managerial position. Previous experience in Africa is an asset
French is a must, Fluent written and spoken English
Experience in setting up stores and inventory and managing the same
Broad experience in workshop management (knowledge and hands on experience, with some technical training overrides the need for a degree)
PERSONAL QUALITIES & BEHAVIORAL TRAITS
Hands-on approach to work and strong work ethic
Quality and productivity focused with keen attention to detail
Flexible, resilient and results-oriented
Problem solver, optimistic and enjoys assertive communication
Ability to communicate/influence at all levels, coach for performance and build a cohesive team
Ability to problem solve, work under high pressure, manage time and resources
Ability to lead teams, empower staff, communicate and cooperate with everyone in the organization
Ability to innovate and create new concepts
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Manager in DRC? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client wishes to expand its business offering and sales compliment with a view to acquiring more business in the new builds and repairs business.
POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION
Reports to: Managing Director
To play an integral role in success of the Organisation by bringing in new business to the Organisation and the effective on boarding of new clients. To develop the local sales, finding, growing and developing existing clients with the aim of developing new business.
- New clients
- To research and obtain new clients in the maritime industry across a broad spectrum;
- To develop a trust relationship with this portfolio so that they come to us as a supplier first;
- Understand what the key requirements are of the customer;
- Work with the other staff regarding new tenders for new clients and the business proposals;
- Represent the Company in terms of business with the clients and any social functions;
- Obtain new clients in the maritime industry who could be potential purchasers of vessels;
- Develop the relationship so that the client wants to work with and use our organisation as the supplier;
- Close deals with new clients for new and repair business.
- Existing clients
- Continue the relationships and continue to build relationships with the clients on all levels;
- Research their needs on an ongoing basis;
- Decide whether the requirement is for new builds or repair Work;
- Work with the Management at the yard to ensure tenders are done in time or quotations delivered in time.
- Have a portfolio of strong accounts.
- Tenders and quotations
- Assist with the drawing up of tenders and quotations for new and repair work;
- Do accurate costing and estimates using approved BBBEE suppliers;
- Develop tenders that are successful and positive in that the Company wins them.
Developing contacts and creating awareness
- Using existing client knowledge and developing new client connections to develop the sales channels further;
- Developing all client contacts to further the name of the organisation as a preferred supplier;
- Maintaining the existing contacts within the Governmental customers to ensure the ongoing communication
- Represent the Company at all levels, engendering trust and confidence with clients.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Up to date information and ability to act on all levels when discussing new build and repair work;
Reports and administration
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses;
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Weekly / monthly reporting on activities and possible sales and progression of sales.
Other duties and responsibilities express and implied which arise from the nature and character of the post within the organisation.
Carry out any reasonable duties consistent with the post as directed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or degree in commerce / law.
- Background of the SAN, Armscor, TNPA, or having working experience in those types of businesses’.
Are you interested in becoming a Key Accounts Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reports to: Technical Director
Job spec: The Technical Site Manager has the responsibility for assuring technical management of an integrated production site for chemical production and food processing. The areas of work include but are not limited to:
1. Utilities: The site runs fully independently on own gas generators with back-up diesel generators. Borehole water with a water treatment plant, chilled water, compressed air and steam are being produced at site. 100% functionality of the utilities section is critical for the overall site functionality. This is a 24/7 operation.
2. Cooling: The food processing part of the production site includes a frozen warehouse and blast freezers with modern cooling technology. Temperature control, maintenance and overall management of the cooling equipment is crucial. This is also a 24/7 operation.
3. Maintenance: The Company operates at the site a large chicken slaughtering house, a plant for consumer chemicals, a plant for various glues, paint raw materials and food grade industrial raw materials. Preventive maintenance and troubleshooting for all equipment is required.
4. Workshop: a workshop facility is available with electricians, mechanics, welders etc. for the repair and maintenance, construction and installation works.
5. HSE: Health and safety are highest priority at a chemical production site. The Technical Site Manager needs to assure highest standards at any time. Furthermore, he needs to maintain full environmental compliance in regard to environmental standards and norms, including effluent water treatment.
6. Projects: The Company is on a fast growth trajectory with various new expansion projects ongoing, and new projects in the pipeline. The Technical Site Manager takes the lead in technical planning and implementation including civil works,
7. Administrative duties: Overlooking the technical / spare part store, guiding the spare part ordering process, scrutinize / negotiate quotations submitted by contractors.
Academic and Professional qualifications required are:
• Master in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related subject
• Certifications in relevant management topics are a bonus (Human Resources, HSE, maintenance, cooling, project management etc.)
• At least 10 years of experience in technical management of production sites, preferably with exposure to both food processing and chemicals.
• Emerging market experience preferably in Africa, alternatively in other markets with tropical climatic and business conditions
Compensation and benefits:
• Location of work is Lagos, Nigeria
• Housing in residential area (Ikeja) will be provided, includes all services, electricity, water
• Provision of personal steward for cleaning and cooking
• Provision of company car (Toyota Corolla) with personal driver
• International Health Insurance package
• 30 days of paid vacation
• One flight home for annual leave
• Local allowance of ca. USD 1,000 per month (in local currency)
• USD salary for monthly savings of USD 4,000 to 5,000 per month, depending on experience and qualification of candidate
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Site Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, who is an international business association based in Johannesburg, South Africa, is looking for a German speaking Project Manager Competence Centre Training and CSR to join their team.
1. Establishing a working group that oversee and give guidance of the organization's training activities
2. Setting up two training programs in the field of “logistics” and “hospitality” according to the dual German standard and the South African requirements
3. Streamlining the current training programs towards a standard procedure of training programs
4. Managing budgets, marketing of training programs
5. Quality assurance
6. Actively work with companies, educational institutions, governmental agencies and other stakeholders to drive the creation of German-style dual education programs in South Africa
7. Training of additional staff – junior project manager
8. Work within the international AHK network, with the DIHK and other key partners
1. 2-3 years work experience relating to vocational training, education, (preferably within the logistics and/or hospitality environment)
2. Experience with the German dual vocational education system and the South African education system required
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and German
4. Solid understanding of the South African and German markets and cultures
5. Ability to manage several simultaneous projects
6. Self-motivated and highly dedicated
7. Desire to work in a team environment
8. relevant diploma/ degree
Starting date: 7 January 2019 or asap thereafter
Remuneration: Market related salary and benefits
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Project Manager Competence Centre Training in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client who is active in the logistics sector we are recruiting Commercial Representative in Zambia who is fluent in Mandarin and English.
• Essential – Fluent in Mandarin / English. Minimum five years’ experience in the logistics industry, of which at least three years with proven track record in sales. You should be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of general multimodal freight forwarding procedures and related documentation.
• Ideal – exposure to our markets and previously lived / worked in the region. Better still, existing home base in the region.
• Ideal – work experience across both Chinese and non-Chinese companies may bring a more balanced perspective and allow for smoother integration into our working culture, whilst still being well versed in that of Chinese business.
• Ideal – intermediate or higher level French proficiency a plus.
• Based in Lusaka, Ndola or Kitwe, with regular travel throughout Zambia (and elsewhere in the region, as new markets open up).
• Required to travel to China at least twice a year for follow ups with various head offices.
• Majority of time spent out ‘on the road’, with some associated administration / marketing / operational tasks.
• Working closely with both UK and Zambia teams. Reporting directly to UK based Managing Director and Financial Director.
Salary / Terms
• Initial 12 month contract, with 3 month probationary period.
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Representative in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our international client in Accra, we are seeking a hands-on and proactive Financial Office Manager, who will be part of a relatively new and still developing office from where they service the whole of West Africa.
Being part of a startup, within a global company, being hands-on and proactive is essential to fulfill the role. A real ‘can do’ and service minded approach is required as a member of a small team.
In the position of Financial Office Manager you will be directly reporting to General Manager of West Africa.
The role is an urgent position and candidates are able to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of job:
Responsible for overall office management, most importantly collection-, consolidation-, of financial data by means of accounting, analyzing, budgeting and financial reporting. Performing this functions by using the applicable (sub) systems effectively and in line with budgets, standards and procedures, to ensure accounting information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Specific requirements that the applicant must have experience in:
- Ghana Income Tax
- Withholding taxes
- General Ghana statutory requirements and general compliance
- General accounting functions
- General office management
- Managing local and international creditors
- Foreign Exchange
- Intercompany reporting
- Min. a Bachelor Degree in accounting/finance
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- SAP experience
- MS office suit, advanced skills
- English Fluency
- Preferably having a background within an environment such as logistics, engineering, transport
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Office Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.