International Account Manager Africa , Kenya
Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: email@example.com.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
Manager of Operations , Netherlands
Foundation Rural Energy Services (FRES) advances electrification in rural areas in Africa by establishing small-scale, commercially operating utilities. They provide households and small businesses with electricity, preferably generated by solar energy, to meet the demand for proper lighting, radio and TV, charging cell phones, and a broad range of commercial activities. In this way they contribute to the social and economic development and social cohesion of rural areas.
FRES is a non-profit, small multinational, founded in 2004, and consists of companies in Mali, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Uganda and Guinea-Bissau and a head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
FRES-Netherlands is, within the boundaries set by the FRES Board, responsible to guide the FRES Companies and:
• Develop, agree objectives and strategy for each FRES Company;
• Develop, agree annual plans and budgets for each FRES Company;
• Set boundary conditions, policies and guidelines;
• Appoint Management Team staff of each FRES Company, appraise their performance;
• Monitor and appraise the performance and strategy of their business;
• Arrange for specific authorizations for investments, divestments, major activities;
• Arrange for mandatory services such as central procurement (unless otherwise agreed);
• Promote adherence to the FRES fee-for-service business model;
• Develop new business to generate new FRES customers;
• Have an internal control framework in place to manage risks and opportunities; and to demonstrate compliance;
• Report to the FRES Board on status, progress.
FRES-Netherlands has a team of 6 staff members to perform the activities who report to the General Director. FRES Netherlands is currently looking to fill one of the two positions of Manager of Operations within the team. FRES Group Companies have a turnover of approx. € 10 million per annum in existing business and new developments (50/50) with a total of 230 direct staff.
A Manager of Operations is responsible for the effective operation of the FRES companies. It is a senior role which involves overseeing the operational activities and business results of FRES companies. An important objective for the Manager of Operations is to achieve operational excellence of FRES companies that meets expectations of its clients, its stakeholders and its shareholders. As a member of the FRES-NL team he/she ensures that the FRES objectives for the FRES companies are realized. As a member of the board of the local FRES Companies he/she assists in ensuring that the FRES companies meet their objectives.
The Manager of Operations works intensively with the other FRES-NL team members, to ensure consistent reporting to the General Director and the Board of FRES.
• Develop FRESco/country strategies in line with FRES strategies;
• Ensure FRESco strategies are aligned with, and that the FRESco’s interest is represented in, the overall FRES Business strategies and plan;
• Govern (control and guide) FRESco’s;
• Monitor performance of FRESco’s against agreed targets and objectives;
• Appraise FRESco business performance, strategies and business control framework;
• Benchmark business processes and performance metrics between the FRES companies;
• He/she is member of the Board of Directors of the FRES company;
• Willingness to travel 5-10 times per year to rural areas in Africa for a short stay or in specific cases a stay for several weeks or months.
All these responsibilities are executed under the supervision of the General Director.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to take the initiative, and to work independently;
• Proven skills and experience with respect to Business Administration with an operations management specialization and experience in the daily running of SME’s in developing countries;
• Strong analytical and presentation skills;
• Strong skills and experience with writing reports;
• Good team player and understanding the information needs of other team members, assisting them to identify and present business/operational issues arising that need to be addressed, improved;
• Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to manage time efficiently;
• Have leadership and supervisory skills;
• Have good critical and judgement skills;
• Excellent spoken English and French and excellent written English or French;
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Commitment to existing Organization policies.
FRES offers a salary according standards of the NGO sector.
Please send a motivational letter and your resume before November 18th 2016.
Commercial Manager , Malawi
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
Managing Director , Ghana
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
Country Representative Togo , Togo
We are looking for a Country Representative for our client to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders. The Country Representative will take the lead in developing our local sustainability projects, and will have a representative role towards local farmer groups and partners. You will be working in collaboration with the procurement team and an international team of Program managers. The organization is still in the young stage and is therefore looking for someone who can manage everything on the ground, including the small team.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Develop and supervise the implementation of new sustainability projects in Togo.
2. Monitor progress of certification, GPS mapping and traceability activities of suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection with the field staff;
• Directly manage the certification and partnerships manager in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
3. Represent the organization towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feed sector developments to HQ
• Maintain meaningful relationships with govt offices and sector partners
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
4. Manage the country office with a country team of 3 field technicians and build basis for future growth.
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between the team members
• Manage recruitment and HR administration for the local field staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX, procurement
5. Supplier relation management and Procurement support
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on volume + sustainability premiums
6. Finance and project audits
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc.)
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Comfortable with intercultural communication
• Working well in a fast-paced working environment
• Self-starter, problem-solver, an ambitious and passionate worker
• Driven to improve projects and procedures
• Bush proof
• Fluency in English and French
This position is open to local candidates and international (part-time) consultants already resident in Togo.
Saw Mill Manager in Ghana , Ghana
For our client active in the timber industry in Ghana, we are looking for a Saw Mill Manager.
• Main job will be to manage the sawmill starting from grading of logs, cross cutting the logs to length, sawing, edging and cross cutting the lumber with knowledge in Kiln drying and grading and packing lumber for export.
• Your role if Saw doctoring is included: will entail Repairing saws, Sharpening, and setting saws and replacing saw blades, Welding tools and saws, Straightening and stretching steel saw blades etc
• Working safely and following appropriate OH&S practices is essential.
• Training and improving Operations (and teams)
• Key words : Grade logs | Cross Cut logs – according to contract | Planning logs | Lumber | Kiln drying | Doctoring Knowledge (plus) | Sustainable forest | Tropical Timber ( if no knowledge in tropical timber we may educate and train and teach about the various species in Africa).
Are you interested in becoming a Saw Mill Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Rotary Veneer in Ghana , Ghana
For our client active in the timber industry in Ghana, we are looking for a Production Manager.
• Knowledge of the process of peeling, drying and clipping rotary veneer and able to produce Plywood and have knowledge in gluing, pressing, panel sizing and grading of plywood.
• The process is followed step by step from the log grading to x cutting of logs, peeling, drying, clipping and then gluing, pressing, panel sizing and grading plywood including quality control.
• In addition to current industrial practice, comments are made on research that may lead to changes in manufacturing techniques.
• Primary finishing, which entails the trimming, sanding, and upgrading of the plywood after pressing, is undertaken to enhance the marketability of the product.
• Key words : Plant operation | Veneer production | Plywood production | Timber | Training Teams | Project & development
• Bachelor’s degree Mechanical engineering or Forestry School (flexible)
• Could possibly come from Indonesia, Brazil, Malaysia, USA, Eastern Europe
Are you interested in becoming a Rotary Veneer in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire , Ivory Coast
1. FOB Business for Cocoa Beans and Products
a. With the support of the manager, develop market understanding and relationships with FOB suppliers for cocoa beans and products in West and East Africa.
b. With the support of the manager and the trading desk in Malaysia, advise on purchasing of cocoa beans and products, and eventually independently negotiate purchase contracts with suppliers.
c. With the support of the trading desk, advise on the hedging of outright contracts and the fixation of differential contracts.
d. Ensure smooth execution of contracts, including lot approval, provision of shipping instructions, quality and weight control, approval of export documentation and payment to the supplier.
e. Further strengthen relationships with the cocoa regulatory bodies in Ivory Coast (Conseil Café Cacao) and Ghana (Cocobod).
f. Provide weekly updates on the execution of purchase contracts, identify market and logistical risks and resolve issues immediately.
g. Travel within Ivory Coast and within the region required to build relationship with suppliers and understand situation on the ground.
h. Identify suppliers that offer the potential for a partnership, including among others sustainability activities and logistics solutions.
i. Provide monthly reporting on quality and weight loss performance of FOB purchases on arrival.
2. Local Bean Exports in Ivory Coast
a. Produce a feasibility study on local bean export license in Ivory Coast including among other things: potential suppliers, cocoa bean cleaning operators, financing facilities, forwarding operators, HR requirements, costing based on minimum volume, deadlines by the regulator.
b. Move from the feasibility study to application for an export license if market conditions are favourable and management decides to go ahead.
c. Hiring of necessary staff required to run bean export operations.
d. Establish supplier network of local middlemen (traitants) and later integrate cooperatives to supply project cocoa
3. Processing Factory in Ivory Coast
a. Support the country manager in necessary administrative and official tasks to obtain land, licenses and knowledge required to build a cocoa processing factory in Abidjan.
b. In particular provide input on the operational side of the cocoa beans supply for the plant.
4. Market Info
a. Discus with local and international market participants to get insights into local and international market developments.
b. Share market insight and updates with the trading desk in Malaysia.
c. Develop your own view on the physical and paper markets.
d. Provide weekly and monthly updates on arrival figures, export statistics, weather and other available information.
a. Support the sustainability manager in the integration between sustainability projects and commercial suppliers, ranging from international traders, local exporters to local cooperatives.
b. Support the sustainability manager on the management of credit balance.
a. Assist the country manager and the trading team in Malaysia on any other tasks and projects requirement. This might include pricing and margin management on the sales side and providing market updates to our sales teams in Asia, Europe and US.
Are you interested in becoming an Commercial Manager in Côte d'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.