Salary: Excellent salary
Are you challenged in increasing sales for growers who cultivate flowers in Africa and sell them around the globe? Are you already commercially experienced and ready to Kenya? At this moment we have an open position for an:
International Account Manager Africa
Nairobi (Kenya), 38 hours
What will you do as an International Account Manager?
As international account manager, you support our growers in Africa in increasing their sales around the world. By offering them full support of the services Royal FloraHolland has to offer you give your growers a competitive edge. Naturally, you also target new growers in Africa to become a Royal FloraHolland member.
As international account manager, you:
• are the first contact person at Royal FloraHolland for growers in Africa;
• manage stakeholders on management level;
• set up and execute account plans;
• are a connector between growers and the local Royal FloraHolland office in Kenya and increase customer satisfaction;
• set up and execute an acquisition plan to attract new growers
• are up-to-date on trends within the sector and maintain a network in the floricultural industry.
You are a team player and work in close contact with other departments within the Kenyan office and the Netherlands. You co-develop new services with your team to address the changing needs within the floricultural sector.
What are we looking for in an International Account Manager?
To be successful in this position are independent and result driven. Also you have to be willing to live abroad for a minimum duration of 3 years. We also require:
• A minimum requirement is a Bachelor or Master degree;
• More than 3 years experience in a commercial role in a service oriented organization.
• An international environment and experience in horticultural sector is preferred;
• You to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
• You to be an commercially strong innovator.
What do we have to offer?
A very interesting position in the heart of the commercial business at Royal FloraHolland! This is a fulltime position (38 hours a week). As an expat you will be located in Kenya, working from our local office in Nairobi. The salary depends on your professional level and work experience. We offer excellent remuneration which includes:
• hardship allowance;
• cost of living index;
• local housing;
• and a company car.
You will enjoy a minimum of 27 vacations days, public holidays in Kenya, excellent pension plan and flexible working hours. In addition, FloraHolland has excellent development and career advancement opportunities.
Will you be our new result driven Internation Account Manager?
If you are interested in this vacancy and a career at Royal FloraHolland, you can apply by clicking on th
For more information, please contact our Recruitment Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Royal FloraHolland, please go to www.floraholland.com.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Kenia, Sales, Accountmanager.
Foundation Rural Energy Services (FRES) advances electrification in rural areas in Africa by establishing small-scale, commercially operating utilities. They provide households and small businesses with electricity, preferably generated by solar energy, to meet the demand for proper lighting, radio and TV, charging cell phones, and a broad range of commercial activities. In this way they contribute to the social and economic development and social cohesion of rural areas.
FRES is a non-profit, small multinational, founded in 2004, and consists of companies in Mali, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Uganda and Guinea-Bissau and a head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
FRES-Netherlands is, within the boundaries set by the FRES Board, responsible to guide the FRES Companies and:
• Develop, agree objectives and strategy for each FRES Company;
• Develop, agree annual plans and budgets for each FRES Company;
• Set boundary conditions, policies and guidelines;
• Appoint Management Team staff of each FRES Company, appraise their performance;
• Monitor and appraise the performance and strategy of their business;
• Arrange for specific authorizations for investments, divestments, major activities;
• Arrange for mandatory services such as central procurement (unless otherwise agreed);
• Promote adherence to the FRES fee-for-service business model;
• Develop new business to generate new FRES customers;
• Have an internal control framework in place to manage risks and opportunities; and to demonstrate compliance;
• Report to the FRES Board on status, progress.
FRES-Netherlands has a team of 6 staff members to perform the activities who report to the General Director. FRES Netherlands is currently looking to fill one of the two positions of Manager of Operations within the team. FRES Group Companies have a turnover of approx. € 10 million per annum in existing business and new developments (50/50) with a total of 230 direct staff.
A Manager of Operations is responsible for the effective operation of the FRES companies. It is a senior role which involves overseeing the operational activities and business results of FRES companies. An important objective for the Manager of Operations is to achieve operational excellence of FRES companies that meets expectations of its clients, its stakeholders and its shareholders. As a member of the FRES-NL team he/she ensures that the FRES objectives for the FRES companies are realized. As a member of the board of the local FRES Companies he/she assists in ensuring that the FRES companies meet their objectives.
The Manager of Operations works intensively with the other FRES-NL team members, to ensure consistent reporting to the General Director and the Board of FRES.
• Develop FRESco/country strategies in line with FRES strategies;
• Ensure FRESco strategies are aligned with, and that the FRESco’s interest is represented in, the overall FRES Business strategies and plan;
• Govern (control and guide) FRESco’s;
• Monitor performance of FRESco’s against agreed targets and objectives;
• Appraise FRESco business performance, strategies and business control framework;
• Benchmark business processes and performance metrics between the FRES companies;
• He/she is member of the Board of Directors of the FRES company;
• Willingness to travel 5-10 times per year to rural areas in Africa for a short stay or in specific cases a stay for several weeks or months.
All these responsibilities are executed under the supervision of the General Director.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to take the initiative, and to work independently;
• Proven skills and experience with respect to Business Administration with an operations management specialization and experience in the daily running of SME’s in developing countries;
• Strong analytical and presentation skills;
• Strong skills and experience with writing reports;
• Good team player and understanding the information needs of other team members, assisting them to identify and present business/operational issues arising that need to be addressed, improved;
• Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to manage time efficiently;
• Have leadership and supervisory skills;
• Have good critical and judgement skills;
• Excellent spoken English and French and excellent written English or French;
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Commitment to existing Organization policies.
FRES offers a salary according standards of the NGO sector.
Please send a motivational letter and your resume before November 18th 2016.
Do you want to put your know-how and skills to use where they are needed? Do you want to work abroad and experience different cultures? Then the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
Support the Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa in Lilongwe, Malawi, as a
Commercial Manager in the Trade Facilitation Department
We are looking for you:
The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) needs your expertise to develop its operational business division. ACE was founded 10 years ago with the aim of enabling smallholder farmers and agri-cultural producers in rural areas to participate in the economic development of the country. The Trade Fa-cilitation Department has 30 employees working on warehouse management, logistics, the processing of trading activities and the management of financing facilities, and reports directly to the ACE manage-ment. In this context, it has already been possible to establish services such as the Warehouse Receipt System, ACE Trade Platform and Market Information System . The aim is to continue to develop ACE revenue streams and grow the trade volume currently at about USD 20 million by commercialising the provision of trade and financial services and to make ACE independent of financial resources from de-velopment cooperation.
Your tasks will involve:
• Responsibility for management of the Trade Facilitation Department, including developing a business model and medium-term strategy for the department
• Implementing strategic planning in the department, in particular in the field of trade facilitation, by bringing a commercial angle to a development-oriented organisation
• Improving cooperation within the organisation and building capacity within the department
• Develop trade facilitation and commodity finance management structures and services.
• University degree in business administration or economics with a focus on trade, finance or a compa-rable subject that enables you to perform the tasks
• Several years of experience in international trade, specifically in relation to commodity exchanges and commodity or agricultural trade/finance
• Several years of management experience with power of attorney or proxy
• Experience in organisational development and in the development of service portfolios
• Fluent business English
What we offer:
• A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
• The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
• A preparatory course ahead of your assignment abroad
• A local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend
• Attractive monthly subsidies and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
O n e p e r s o n c a n m a k e a d i f f e r e n c e
Please submit your application using our online portal at http://www.cimonline.de. Here you will find more information on what we do and what we have to offer. If you have any questions, you can contact:
Expiry date: August 26th 2016
The Managing Director is responsible for establishing and executing the organization’s major goals and objectives. An entrepreneurial and “hands on” mentality are key qualities of the successful candidate. (S)he provides leadership, direction and guidance in the organization’s activities, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. (S)he is strong in marketing and project management and in inter-cultural communication skills. In addition, (s)he develops and maintains the organizational structure and gives guidance to the staff. One major role is the representation of GNBCC to all its stakeholders: companies in Ghana and the Netherlands (interested in) doing business in one or both of these countries, Governmental organizations in general, the Royal Dutch Embassy in particular, funders supporters, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities general
• Acts as the spokesperson for GNBCC
• Develops and maintains stake holder relationships
• Promotes GNBCC as a service organization, and is responsible for marketing its services
• Takes part in and supervises execution of assignments
• Directs and oversees short and long term strategic plans
• Attends Board Meetings
• Provides leadership to organization personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
• Ensures that job descriptions are current
• Conducts performance appraisals as required
• Ensures that all the organization’s goals, plans & actions are covered in a general annual business plan (this includes: budget,
goals, objectives and deliverables for the upcoming year)
Duties & responsibilities administration
• Ensures compliance to minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to
the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
• Maintains an effective and cost efficient office environment
• Develops, maintains, and updates job descriptions pertinent to the organization
• Develops and maintains business(services) for GNBCC
• Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that enhance strategic objectives
Duties & responsibilities Finance
• Maintains full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization
• Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and the control of operating expenses within
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
• Ensures the preparation of the annual budget for board approval
Essential skills, competences and requirements
GNBCC’s Managing Director is an effective communicator, across cultures, with a “hands on” mentality, excellent leadership skills, marketing and management experience and the ability to motivate employees. Additionally, (s)he must be results oriented, creative, entrepreneurial and have strong business-development skills and the ability to interact with all stakeholders. The Ideal candidate holds a BA or MA degree in business administration combined with a proven track record in business development or service delivery. Excellent knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a big plus. (S)he commits to a long term (at least three years) involvement to further develop GNBCC.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start date: a.s.a.p.
Package: salary negotiable, accommodation and car
For one of our clients we are recruiting a Head of Maintenance for a large milling organisation, based in Lagos. Looking for a someone with a large experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, managing the maintenance department of multiple sites of a multinational food manufacturing company. In this role you will be the first Engineer, with major responsibilities in terms of maintenance, electrical installation, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and writing procedures, training documents for other technicians.
- Having worked for a large multinational in FMCG, preferably in the food manufacturing industry in large plants in a similar role
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical processes, both hands-on and in theory
- Highly adaptable to changing situations
- Possesses a strong sense of honesty and integrity
Position: Chief Technology Officer / West Africa
Country/Regional Name: Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria, based in Ghana
Reporting to: Regional Director, West Africa
Grade: Business Head (Grade 1)
Our client, a leading global commodity merchant and sustainable supply chain management company, is seeking a a Chief Technical Officer to lead on all technology development and integration for its fast growing business in West Africa (Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria) and wil be based in Ghana. By leveraging technology, the CTO will help to standardize and streamline the service delivery, which includes an expanding range of products and services, to their network of over 250,000 smallholder farmers across West Africa.
In order for a ‘commercial expansion’ to be successful, the client must bring standardisation to their product offerings, the people and training on these products and knowledge management. The CTO will be required to solve a number of business problems:
1. Data Mining: How do we seamlessly integrate data collected from multiple input sources and systems into the same platform. How do we draw value from and use technology to make decisions on large quantities of data available from different sources?
2. Spatial economics problem: We are far from our consumers, connectivity to IT and telecoms is basic and technology is rudimentary.
3. How do we move from a largely bricks and mortar to a tech-enabled, Bricks and Click business? How do we move from legacy systems based on centralised computing to mobile money enabled point of sale systems which can operate in rural areas.
4. How do we move into new age technology to provide us with regular and reliable real time information on inventory, sales (including point of sale, credit and mobile money systems), people movements etc?
5. How do we integrate our various systems to provide a single user interface which is robust enough to work in rural areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Integration of various systems (IT & business processes) to deliver a common usable interface
Support, through technology, the decision making process and visibility of the process both at field level and at headquarters
Scout for new emerging rural/low tech systems that allow mobile money, POS, credit decision making at field level
Evaluate existing systems in house and manage an offshore tech team to achieve business goals
Negotiate to get value from service providers and outsourcing agencies
Ability to support lifetime value creation of the systems being adopted and clearly demonstrates value versus costs of the IT systems
Create a design process with a shortened life cycle to provide IT solution to problem in business
Evaluate business strategy and long term requirements to ensure that systems does not become obsolete
Support SAP implementation when West Africa SAP process begins
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors in technology plus Masters in Management
Minimum 10 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena
Systems integration experience, ideally as a Chief Technical Officer
Tech background (ideally from startup environment) combined with business knowledge
Experience managing offshore service providers
Strong business development and negotiation skills
Appreciation of the rural tech environment
Interested in Africa and staying in Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Technology Officer in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
On behalf of Caritas international (Ci), the Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH) is looking for a Consultant for Emergency and Transitional Aid (m/f) for the Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) in Abuja, to start as soon as possible.
The German Caritas Association (Deutsche Caritasverband – DCV) is the charitable organisation of the Catholic Church in Germany. Caritas international (Ci) is the globally active development agency of the German Caritas Association. Every year, Ci provides support for approximately 1,000 aid projects worldwide, regard-less of the religion, ethnic identity or nationality of those affected.
The Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) and its diocesan structures provide innovative emergency and transitional aid for victims of the displacement crisis in the north-east of the country. Given the urgent need, the field of emergency response is to be expanded, in order to implement projects in humanitarian aid and transitional aid in north-east Nigeria more effectively.
Your tasks include:
You will travel regularly in the project region and advise the local project partners on needs assessment, project conception and the preparation of funding applications to public sponsors.
You will support the local partners in the management and implementation of projects, reporting (narrative and financial) and the execution of project agreements and administrative guidelines, as well as in the co-ordination process with the UN system.
You will coordinate activities with the international Caritas network and with other humanitarian agents.
You will provide support to the ongoing aid programmes and projects by monitoring the content and ad-ministration, prepare reports on the expenditure of funds for public sponsors (e.g. ECHO, AA, EU) and compile case reports.
Through budget monitoring, you will ensure that the financial administration standards are complied with and provide support in audits.
You will train local development workers and managers to execute the emergency aid projects in accord-ance with international standards and relevant donor regulations.
You will support Ci in relevant coordination meetings locally (German embassy, EU) and in public rela-tions work.
You have successfully completed a university degree or training in a commercial profession.
You have at least three years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian aid or development cooperation, ideally acquired in the region.
You have practical professional experience in planning, managing and supervising complex aid pro-grammes.
You possess applied business management knowledge and relevant practical experience.
You have sound knowledge of programme and project management (PME, PCM).
You have already successfully carried out training and consulting tasks.
You are diplomatic and have strong intercultural communication skills, to enable you to deal with a variety of local and international players in a manner based on mutual partnership, and you can act appropriately in a church context.
You have a business-fluent command of German and English. Ideally, you also have good French lan-guage skills.
You identify with the objectives and substance of Caritas international or are actively prepared to familiar-ise yourself with these and to make them your own.
You are a member of a Christian church and are an EU or Swiss citizen.
What AGEH offers
The Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH e.V.) is the personnel service of the German Catho-lics for Development Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been looking after development work-ers who wish to take the opportunity to work in a meaningful role in the service of local development agents. AGEH will support you by providing:
• Individual and thorough preparation
• Two-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Develop-ment Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
• Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individ-ual advice
We look forward to receiving your application by 01/11/2017.
Are you interested in becoming a Consultant for Emergency and Transitional Aid in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.