JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client, who supports the protection of natural resources and sustainable economic development amongst MANY other projects and initiatives is seeking an experienced and driven Managing Director, to join their Zambia team. In this role you will lead and support the organisation in its next stage of development and growth across the Southern Africa region.
The role will entail coaching and leading the team; project managing and overseeing current projects, rolling out plans for business development and acquisition; and setting targets to deliver on time, within budget, while running the day-to-day operations, in Lusaka.
Working closely with the executive leadership team, the MD's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Developing new portfolios of projects and building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders for project deliveries, and with regional government bodies
* Developing and implementing a growth strategy to work effectively across Southern Africa
* Providing oversight for all aspects of the work, in liaison with Project Directors; assessing the overall project management workload within the portfolio
* Delegating and managing workload to ensure that projects are being delivered to the highest standard of efficiency and effectiveness
* Being responsible for all staff requirements and queries and the Human Resource Systems
* Overseeing all project finances (budgeting, forecasting, execution) for projects managed, or co-managed
The desired candidate will have but not limited to:
* A minimum of 10 years' experience in being responsible for timely project delivery updates and related challenges, while managing a passionate team
* An excellent understanding of donor relations and knowledge of the NGO ecosystem in Southern Africa
* Excellent knowledge of trends, policies and procedures of a range of donor agencies
* Post-graduate degree in relevant discipline preferred
If you are interested, please apply here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you see yourself as being responsible for effective and successful management of a 4PL logistics service provider? Do you have the experience in a role which involves overseeing the warehouse operations within a country and ensuring an organisation is running with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers?
Our client is a large 4PL logistics solution provider. We have been assigned to help them look for candidates who are strategic thinkers with the capability to continue to innovate and grow their locations across Africa.
Your key roles will include but not limited to:
• Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
• Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.•Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Leadership skills to motivate and inspire team members
• Clear communication skills ensuring clear and candid information
• Strong management skills ensuring efficient use of resources
• Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems
• Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures
• Problem solving skills to ensure obstacle to progress are overcome
• A minimum of University Graduate Degree in any relevant discipline or equivalent vocational experience in Transport / Logistics service support
• Experience in warehousing and general freight forwarding, trucking and airfreight
• Experience in mining industry (copper & cobalt) (preferable)
• Minimum of 5 years of Management experience
• Fluent in English
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international company in machinery supporting, amongst other sectors, the mining industry.
1. Managing the following projects:
Structuring, Organization and Management:
- Ensure compliance with contractual commitments to the client while defending the interests of the company according to the strategy of the company;
- Visit the client and the company's teams on site on a regular basis; Organizing and monitoring meetings with the team on site;
- Establish project reviews;
- Inform the manager of excesses or risks observed on the projects and create a corrective action plan;
- Ensure the proper human and material resources necessary for the projects;
- Develop knowledge of certain product ranges;
- Creating the process of the operational reporting of the projects for which he is responsible together with his teams;
- Making sure of a proper hand-over with the back-up
Together with Project Operations Manager or Business Development Manager:
- Maintain and develop a good level of relations with the contact persons at the suppliers and customerss;
- Find solutions for the implementation of technical support; finding opportunities for business development and making plans to realize them;
- Support the Project Engineers (sales) by providing the information that is needed, developing the technical offer and the commercial negotiation;
- Participate in business discussions with the client;
- Make sure of the profitability of the projects for which you are responsible;
- Manage actions aimed at improving the margin of the different projects;
- Identify the risks related to the projects
- Manage the economic and financial reporting of the projects together with a partner of the finance department;
- Build and defend financial and investment requests from the finance department
- Initiative & Proactivity
- Planning and Organization
- Customer Concern
- Influence & Persuasion
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international company in machinery supporting, amongst other sectors, the mining industry.
Maintaining the customer satisfaction while keeping the logistics costs at bay:
- Analyze and oversee the regional supply chain performance
- In collaboration with the Project Managers based in Europe, pinpoint the key projects that need to improve
- Making sure that every step within the supply chain management is working effectively to avoid delays and lost sales opportunities
- Making sure that components, parts and materials are available when it is needed
2. Procurement and Inventory Control
- Control and monitor purchasing aspects according to procedures and operating guidelines, in accordance with the group supply chain regulations
- Manage price/quantities, reviewing activities and agreements on a regular basis in line with business objectives
- Controlling of stocks and inventory of local and regional sides:
- Manage stock movement
- Achieve the best financial advantage for the entities by promoting stock protection and quality and internal control.
- Gain knowledge of the current customs procedures existing in the different countries of the region
- Create a clear communication to ensure an efficient logistics processes within the countries by:
- Set up and maintain a good relationship with key logistics agents and suppliers
- Building good contacts with Government Officials to ensure a positive and proactive approach to imports and stock acquisitions
- Supporting the local teams to solve the problematic situations
4. Local Teams’ Management
- Communicate needs and objectives in supply chain and making sure the team understands the input necessary to make the processes run smoothly
- Establishe and manage the budget and the investments needed
- Mentoring and coaching the supply chain local team
- Assist, train and develop the staff in all of the sections within the supply chain process
- Provide regular feedback on achievements and follow up on outstanding priorities
EDUCATION & EXPERTISE
- Master Degree from University or High School in the field of management of supply chain / logistics
- 10 years in international Supply Chain / Logistics
- People manager – managing teams located at different places in Africa
- Experience in a multinational environment
- Experience of having worked both strategically/operationally
- Knowledge of mining / construction / automotive industry
- Fluent in French & English
- Very comfortable with business IT systems & softwares like excel and PowrPoint, but also ERP systems like SAP
- Open-minded & stress resistant
- No fear to challenge its own organization and/or rules
- Technical & Professional expertise
- Communication skills
- Customer focus
- Results orientation
- Initiative & Proactivity
- Analytical thinking
Are you interested in becoming a Supply Chain Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, a player in the gaming industry, is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team and who provides leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial and commercial objectives of the different 0perations.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the operations manager will report to the Project Manager Operations Africa, and will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the respective country.
• Responsible to oversee and expand the company operations in the country.
• Lead the online and offline expansion of the company's presence in the assigned market.
• Co-ordinate with other departments to ensure that marketing and promotions run smoothly and are a success.
• Responsible to provide accounts, budgeting and other financial statements to Group headquarters.
• Responsible for HR and administration of the operation.
• Relations with major Telecoms for mobile money solutions services as well as Gaming Boards, Banks, media and other external partners.
• Set KPIs and track their success
• Provide top customer service to the company's users
• Business Administration and MBA
• Experience in a similar position, previous experience in Africa is valued.
• Hard-working and willing to see projects through from conception to creation
• 2+ years experience in ecommerce is a plus.
• Experienced managing teams (20 to 30 employees)
• Experienced influencing stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
• Strong English skills is a MUST. French and/or Swahili is a plus.
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client who is active in the logistics sector we are recruiting Commercial Representative in Zambia who is fluent in Mandarin and English.
• Essential – Fluent in Mandarin / English. Minimum five years’ experience in the logistics industry, of which at least three years with proven track record in sales. You should be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of general multimodal freight forwarding procedures and related documentation.
• Ideal – exposure to our markets and previously lived / worked in the region. Better still, existing home base in the region.
• Ideal – work experience across both Chinese and non-Chinese companies may bring a more balanced perspective and allow for smoother integration into our working culture, whilst still being well versed in that of Chinese business.
• Ideal – intermediate or higher level French proficiency a plus.
• Based in Lusaka, Ndola or Kitwe, with regular travel throughout Zambia (and elsewhere in the region, as new markets open up).
• Required to travel to China at least twice a year for follow ups with various head offices.
• Majority of time spent out ‘on the road’, with some associated administration / marketing / operational tasks.
• Working closely with both UK and Zambia teams. Reporting directly to UK based Managing Director and Financial Director.
Salary / Terms
• Initial 12 month contract, with 3 month probationary period.
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Representative in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
The Program Manager reports to the Director of Programs to coordinate all joint R4/WFP and Heifer Zambia projects in the province and the overall responsibilities for the project’s implementation management. (S)he will assist the Director of Programs in the development and implementation of the project’s operational plan and budget and provide leadership and direction to the processes of effective and efficient long, medium, and short-term planning, project delivery, and resource (human, material, time, and finance) management.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Alertness; Availability; Boldness; Cautiousness; Creativity; Decisiveness; Dependability; Determination; Diligence; Enthusiasm; Flexibility; Resourcefulness; Self-Control; Openness to learning.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Program Management and Coordination (35%)
- Lead in the preparation of well-designed annual work plans and budgets, alongside project reports compatible with the priorities and orientations of Heifer Zambia Country Program and those of the donor - WFP.
- Develop effective Project Management Plans (Communication, Risks, Procurement, Stakeholder).
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate with Director of Programs and other Key stakeholders regularly.
- Coordinate the effective and efficient management of:
* Project scope
* Project schedule
* Project budget
* Project risks
- Well-managed project scope, schedule, and budget.
- High-quality and timely project services and products delivered.
- High-quality and timely reports written and submitted.
- Deliverables and services aligned with donor requirements.
- Established and strengthened collaboration with relevant Government Ministries, donor, and other relevant stakeholders.
Capacity Building, Skills and Program Development (15%)
- Identify staff skill gaps and develop a capacity building plan.
- Sensitize and train farmers, staff and other key stakeholders on:
- Shared and personal leadership
- Conflict management
- Effective communication
- Reporting (financial and narrative)
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Skilled farmers, staff and other project stakeholders.
- Adequate, timely and good quality resources (material, human & finance) available for project delivery.
- Well-equipped offices and staff.
Management of Human Resources and Personnel Development (20%)
- Provide leadership and technical support to the staff at the Provincial office.
- Coach and mentor project staff.
- Create a conducive work environment for staff.
- Organize periodic team building sessions and motivate staff.
- Create awareness and ensure staff compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Documented staff performance reviews with requisite recommendations to the Director of Programs for decision-making.
- Established deeper insights on project staff requirements and compliance with global HPI practices and policies shared with the Director of Programs for quick decision-making.
- An established enabling work environment.
Financial Management and Budget Control (10%)
- Supervise and monitor project expenditure within the provisional project budgets.
- Monitor the project budget as committed by the donor.
- Re-enforce compliance to stated accounting practices, policies, and procedures including procurements.
- Monitor budget variance with respect to schedules and deliverables.
- Well-formulated Activity-based budgets.
- High-quality and timely financial reports submitted to HQ and donor.
- Clean IRAPs and annual project audits.
- Re-enforced compliance with financial processes, procedures, practices and policies.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Documentation (15%)
- With the support of MELs Manager develop an appropriate system of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning.
- Periodically monitor project progress against set milestones using Key Performance Indicators
- Identify risks and manage them timely.
- Identify and escalate issues.
- A developed and functional MEL system in place.
- Documented milestones from the process and results monitoring carried-out on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively.
- Narrative reports on project results and impact are tracked, analyzed, documented and shared every semester.
- A documented baseline, mid-term and End line evaluation reports for the project.
- Project closed, and all resources disposed of/transitioned
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Set expectations met as assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Agriculture, Natural Resources, Resource Development, Rural Development Administration, and Development Studies plus at least Seven (7) years of job-related experience.
- Master’s Degree in the fields of Agriculture, Natural Resources, Resource Development, Rural Development Administration or another related field, and Development Studies and a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in rural development in Zambia or a Minimum of three (3) years management level work experience
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Knowledge of income and expense budget preparation and monitoring.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in several locations.
- Experience with the NGO/PVO approach, and knowledge of global sustainable development essential;
- Skilled with computers as a tool for word processing, database, e-mail, spreadsheets, and organizing.
- Licensed driver
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with persons in farm, church, and administrative settings.
- Demonstrated ability to use participatory management skills with junior and senior country office and field staff.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully.
- Demonstrated ability to work with advisory and governing boards.
- Demonstrated written and oral fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Are you interested in becoming a Program Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Our client is an animal feed specialist and for them we are recruiting a commercial executive.
• Build business by identifying and selling animal feed to prospective clients
• Oversee the sales and marketing function of the business
• Establish sales, marketing and distribution functions within the business
• Recruit and develop a passionate team
• Establish standard operating procedures for the department
• Establish nationwide and regional distribution network
• Establish and implement sub-distributor guidelines and SLAs
• Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analysing sales options.
• Sell animal feed by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
• Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; research and recommend new opportunities; recommend profit and service improvements.
• Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Plan, develop and implement effective marketing communication campaigns.
• Implement effective knowledge transfer strategies for small scale-farmers
• Presentation Skills
• Client Relationship Management
• Degree in Sales/Marketing/Business or relevant technical field
• Previous experience in sales of animal feeds, seed or fertilizer preferred
• Start Date: Immediate
• Reports to: The CE will report to the CEO.
• Compensation: Competitive based on experience. Target-based bonus.
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Executive in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.