JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Are you an African graduate with international academic exposure, outstanding leadership, entrepreneurial and commercial skills?
Are you passionate about agribusiness and developing rural prosperity on the continent? Are you interested in building your career in West Africa within a challenging multicultural environment?
The Ecom West Africa Management Trainee Programme offers a 2-year fast track programme through its businesses in Ghana, Nigeria and Côte d’Ivoire to build our next generation of Ecom managers.
Ecom West Africa, part of the global Ecom Agrotrade Group, is a rapidly growing agribusiness, commodities trader and sustainable supply chain merchant. We aim to achieve the impossible by developing rural prosperity through empowerment, innovation and efficiency.
Our business in West Africa focuses on origin-integrated cocoa buying and we are one of the leading cocoa companies operating between farm gate and chocolate maker clients. Our sustainability management services impact the livelihoods of over 250,000 smallholder farmers across Ghana, Nigeria and the Ivory Coast. We provide advisory services, training and support to farmers on productivity, quality, certification, crop diversification, environmental and broader social issues.
We are diversifying into new crop areas, such as sesame and cashew, and are also developing, marketing and selling a range of relevant products and services for farmers including agro-inputs and financial services including a rural microfinance programme.
We are dedicated to developing young African talent and are always on the look out for dynamic and highly adaptable innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders with a strong bottom of the pyramid skill set and loads of passion to join our team!
Read all about the role: https://lnkd.in/dYsK3s4 and send your CV in English to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications from women are strongly encouraged.
Position: Regional Head, Sustainability Management Services Head
Country/Regional Name: West Africa including Ghana and Ivory Coast
Reporting to: SMS Global COO; WAF Regional Director
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION
The SMS (Sustainability Management Services) Head of West Africa will develop, manage and pursue existing and new business opportunities that will result in increased revenue and impact in rural area. While directly reporting to the COO and Regional Head for West Africa, she/he will coordinate activities with SMS team based in West Africa, to successfully develop new projects and funding. The SMS Head will conduct reconnaissance, design strategies and manage proposal development, coordinating the involvement of the COO, Regional Head, SMS team, operational team and consultants. The SMS Head will integrate inputs of other contributors in proposals that are being developed.
The goal is to contribute to the SMS Division’s process of producing well-coordinated, streamlined, efficient, and high quality services and products delivery to rural population.
The SMS Head will perform the following functions:
1. P&L Management – Strategy, Financial, Administrative and Human Resources:
- Lead the project team whether staff and short-term consultants, in both substantive and operational issues ensuring optimization of human and financial resources and nurturing a culture of results with highest performance standards;
- Undertake management of the programmes, including effective programmes implementation and documents progress towards the achievement of outputs;
- Manage the budget and facilitate budget approvals and revision processes as per ECOM policies and procedures;
- Prepare work plans, produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – and donor reporting systems;
- Lead development of proposals responding to high priority new business opportunities. The SMS Head will be expected to:
• Lead or support partner negotiations including agreements;
• Identify and contract technical consultants as needed;
• Coordinate with the Budget Unit to align the proposed staff, activities and interventions with the development of a compliant and competitive budget and cost proposal.
2. Programme Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Monitor the execution of all existing SMS programmes and new SMS businesses in WAF with a focus on accuracy and timeliness. Inform the top management of unforeseen delays or problems;
- Oversee the establishment of the monitoring and evaluation plan of the Programmes/Businesses and ensure its implementation;
- Ensure sustainability of the programmes intervention by promoting leadership and ownership of the programme implementation and through proper capacity building;
- Ensure delivery of resources and results according to planned targets.
3. Advocacy, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization:
- Establish and maintain partnerships with stakeholders (government, donors, development banks, clients, NGOs and other institutions);
- Support the SMS team in mobilization of resources from different partners, including the preparation of strategies, programmes briefs and project documents, organization of regular donor meetings and field visits.
- Successful management and delivery of existing Programmes/businesses as per the signed Project Documents and agreed upon results and resources framework;
- Timely submission of quality progress reports to clients and donors according to the requirements of the agreements;
- Effective partnership built with national and international counterparts;
- Lessons learnt, success stories and best practices solutions documented and shared;
- Contract/ launch new businesses and programmes as per SMS strategic goals.
1. Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and businesses, mobilize resources;
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery;
- Ability to lead business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems (business side) and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change;
- Ability to interact across a wide spectrum of people, as well as at the meeting table within managerial and clients’ offices.
2. Management and Leadership
- Build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result for the client and respond positively to feedback;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Lead team effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral communications skills and conflict resolution competency to manage inter-group dynamics and mediate conflicting interest of varied actors
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIALIZED SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE
- Advanced University Degree (Masters) in Economics, Rural Development, Agriculture, Business Administration, Political Sciences or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of professional relevant work experience in analytical and strategic roles within the private sector and/or international development sphere with a record of proven success. Part of that experience must be in origin countries involving project/programme management;
- Experience in project design and implementation in agricultural development/agribusiness/economic growth/enterprise development required;
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, coaching and mentoring skills;
- Ability to perform under time pressure, be flexible, work independently, manage multiple tasks and work effectively as a leader and team member in fast-paced multi-cultural environment;
- Extensive knowledge of constraints and opportunities in developing country agriculture with the creative ability to develop effective solutions to those challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French, both in written and in oral form
Interested applicants should apply before 16 April 2017.
Are you interested in becoming a Sustainability Management Services Head in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Company Description: Our client is a well-established company specialized in production and marketing of cosmetics. Recently they have launched their own brand of perfume. In order to boost the branding and sales they are on the lookout for 2-3 Sales Representatives.
Job Purpose: To sell the product to all perfume warehouses and retailers across predetermined West African countries. Stationed in Accra, Ghana.
Reports To: CEO in Accra
Team size: You will become part of a new sales team existing of 2-3 Sales Representatives.
· Sales increase for the perfume branch
· Travel on a very frequent base to different West African counties from Accra
· Visit perfume warehouses and retailers and introduce your brand of perfume to them
· Follow up prospects and customer feedback
· Research and development ideas for new sales channels
· Affinity with the cosmetics and make-up branch
· Open and commercially minded
· Sees traveling and networking as an adventure
· French speaking preferred
· (West) African working experience an advantage
· Salary ranges from USD2.000 – USD3.000 nett, depending on your experience
· Bonus structure
· Housing, transport and tickets arranged and paid for
· Based in Accra
· Start date a.s.a.p.