JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is a European company that has years of experience in the maritime industry with, amongst others, the following fields of work: Building of Offshore support ships, offshore accommodations, tugs and work boats, inland vessels and dredgers.
For their shipyard in West Africa they are looking for a shipyard manager.
Main responsibilities will be:
• Technical skills, calculations, drawings
• Quality assurance
• Business development, helped by HQ
• People management (team of 65)
• Admin, planning, acquisition, work preparation
The right candidate should have experience in the steel fabricating industry, preferably a shipyard. Should be somebody hands-on that can work on hulls, body and engines and even more so, train the team. Africa experience (or other developing countries) a must.
Interested in this role? Please apply through the button ‘Apply’.
Our customer, a European group, is a leader in Agrochemicals in Africa. To support the strong growth of its African subsidiary active in Crop Protection, they are looking for an Area Manager West Africa.
This is a stand alone position that will be reporting to the Africa Director. You will be responsible for the sale of the company's products via distributors (mainly) and B to B in your area.
You participate in the development of the commercial policy and implement it by developing your portfolio through an effective prospecting. You are the interface between your customers and the different departments of the company (technical, marketing ...).
On the lookout for opportunities and strength of proposal, you cultivate a real proximity with your customers.
Ideally, with a higher education, you have a proven experience in the agricultural sector, and you master the techniques of negotiation and development of accounts for export.
This post is a great opportunity for an enterprising person with a strong interpersonal sense. Your rigor and your sense of organization will facilitate your success. Empathy, the ability to convince, creativity, the taste of the challenge and the result are abilities that you have acquired. Your analytical mind and your anticipation skills will be essential assets to succeed in this position.
This position, based in West Africa (location is flexible), requires frequent travel and good command of both French and English.
Our client is a multinational provider of housing equipment for the agricultural market. They are looking for employees who show initiative, creativity, motivation and interest in a demanding and versatile job.
As sales manager, you report directly to the responsible Head of Business Unit. The company is looking for a motivated salesperson from the agricultural industry or similar areas. You will make their customers familiar with their housing equipment for keeping laying hens and heavier poultry. As their systems for livestock production require detailed explanation, you should be interested in technical processes and procedures.
You will be the first contact person for the clients’ customers and responsible for the development and expansion of the market. Central tasks include supporting of sales agents as well as planning, carrying out and accompanying negotiations with key accounts independently all the way to the conclusion of the contract. You will analyse the market and be responsible for developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies in the region.
We are looking for a dynamic businessperson who is self-confident and communicates well. Moreover, you should have some experience in sales, as well as business-level French skills (written and spoken). Solid English or German skills are obligatory. You should furthermore be willing to travel.
Further important prerequisites for this challenging job are individual initiative and self-organising skills. If you are good at organising, if you can work independently and are very structured, motivated and flexible, this responsible position might be the ideal opportunity for you.
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager in French speaking West Africa? Apply now through the 'apply now' button.
* Basic salary + performance based bonus
* Secondary benefits negotiable
* This could be a family position
* Start date ASAP, but flexible for the right person
Our client is looking for expats to fill the position as Financial Controllers in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinee.
They are looking for a strong financial candidate with an accounting / controlling background that is ready for a second or third step in his or her career.
• Responsible for the day to day accounting
• Maintains a financial structure for its own country
• Controls all financial planning and reporting
• Takes care of up-to-date financial information
• Reports to and works closely together with CFO in Europe
• Manages a small local team at the office
• Handles miscellaneous matters as required
• Great potential, great team, fantastic experience and career move, a lot of independency required
The candidate must be:
Creative, practical, flexible, adventurous, able to work with little or no supervision, a self-starter, entrepreneurial
• Bachelor with a professional financial qualification (i.e. ACCA, etc.) or master in finance or economic field is a must
• At least 3 years’ experience in finance, preferably in logistics, mining, oil and gas
• Excellent financial reporting skills
• Good organizer and communicator
• Fluent in English
• Previous experience in a developing country is an advantage
What they offer:
• Great team and career opportunity
• Accommodation, flights, transport, international insurance
• Competitive salary
Start date asap, note this is a single status position
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position: Regional Agronomist West Africa
Country/Regional Name: Ivory Coast and Ghana, based in Ivory Coast.
Reporting to: Regional Director, West Africa Chemical and Commodities
Our client, in sustainable supply chain, is seeking a techno-commercial agronomist with a strategic approach and entrepreneurial mindset to build up the agronomy department across West Africa. This role will correspond with the various business heads such as Crop Doctor.
The Regional Agronomist will be an individual with practical agronomy experience of either agronomically manage plantations for tree crops or have dealt with small holder farmers on the agronomy side. He/ She will have to demonstrate techno-commercial knowledge to be able not just improve agronomic interventions in our business but also provide commercial support to such interventions.
The Regional Agronomist role is a cross- business and functional role and is responsible for a wide variety of interventions:
- Support and develop technical content to be used in products and services distribution to farmers;
- Technical lead for Farm management services business that is being developed in West Africa region;
- Create and manage demo plot to demonstrate impact of Crop Doctor Products from the Ecom stable. Also create and manage demo plots for other businesses;
- Create a top quality agronomy team that provides best in class support to Ecom businesses in WAF and ensure it alignment with the company’s business strategy;
- Partner with SMS Advisory Services, SMS Farm management Services and Crop Doctor business
- Introducing current innovations in Agriculture worldwide into our businesses in WAF;
- Effectively report on new experiments and findings to build a consistent knowledge base across the WAF region;
- Build and own relationships with external agronomy research institutions;
- Build and develop relations with large plantation owners and with other Ecom group businesses to create a shared knowledge bank.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Post graduate in agriculture or Agronomy
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in practical Techno- Commercial Agronomy.
Knowledge of the rural sector, farming communities, agribusiness products, plantation management
Excellent technical agronomic skills
Ability to interpret strategy into implementation
Good commercial knowledge
Excellent communication and listening skills; good interpersonal relationship skills
Excellent research and analytical skills
Innovation and strategic thinking ability
Excellent technical agronomy skills
Ability to work independently and within team
Ability to travel extensively within West Africa
Fluency in English and bi-lingual capability in French
Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
Ability to live in rural environments
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Agronomist in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position: Chief Technology Officer / West Africa
Country/Regional Name: Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria, based in Ghana
Reporting to: Regional Director, West Africa
Grade: Business Head (Grade 1)
Our client, a leading global commodity merchant and sustainable supply chain management company, is seeking a a Chief Technical Officer to lead on all technology development and integration for its fast growing business in West Africa (Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria) and wil be based in Ghana. By leveraging technology, the CTO will help to standardize and streamline the service delivery, which includes an expanding range of products and services, to their network of over 250,000 smallholder farmers across West Africa.
In order for a ‘commercial expansion’ to be successful, the client must bring standardisation to their product offerings, the people and training on these products and knowledge management. The CTO will be required to solve a number of business problems:
1. Data Mining: How do we seamlessly integrate data collected from multiple input sources and systems into the same platform. How do we draw value from and use technology to make decisions on large quantities of data available from different sources?
2. Spatial economics problem: We are far from our consumers, connectivity to IT and telecoms is basic and technology is rudimentary.
3. How do we move from a largely bricks and mortar to a tech-enabled, Bricks and Click business? How do we move from legacy systems based on centralised computing to mobile money enabled point of sale systems which can operate in rural areas.
4. How do we move into new age technology to provide us with regular and reliable real time information on inventory, sales (including point of sale, credit and mobile money systems), people movements etc?
5. How do we integrate our various systems to provide a single user interface which is robust enough to work in rural areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Integration of various systems (IT & business processes) to deliver a common usable interface
Support, through technology, the decision making process and visibility of the process both at field level and at headquarters
Scout for new emerging rural/low tech systems that allow mobile money, POS, credit decision making at field level
Evaluate existing systems in house and manage an offshore tech team to achieve business goals
Negotiate to get value from service providers and outsourcing agencies
Ability to support lifetime value creation of the systems being adopted and clearly demonstrates value versus costs of the IT systems
Create a design process with a shortened life cycle to provide IT solution to problem in business
Evaluate business strategy and long term requirements to ensure that systems does not become obsolete
Support SAP implementation when West Africa SAP process begins
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors in technology plus Masters in Management
Minimum 10 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena
Systems integration experience, ideally as a Chief Technical Officer
Tech background (ideally from startup environment) combined with business knowledge
Experience managing offshore service providers
Strong business development and negotiation skills
Appreciation of the rural tech environment
Interested in Africa and staying in Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Technology Officer in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
POPULATION REFERENCE BUREAU
Regional Advisor Consultant - West Africa
The Consultant-Advisor will serve as the regional representative for PRB and support multiple PRB projects in the West Africa region. In his/her capacity supporting PRB’s project work, the Consultant-Advisor will manage relationships with partners in the West Africa region and provide technical support to PRB’s policy communications projects including: the USAID-funded Policy Advocacy and Communications Enhanced for Reproductive Health and Population (PACE) project; the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation-funded Empowering Evidence-Driven Advocacy (EEDA) project; and the Strengthening Evidence-based Policy to Expand Access to Safe Abortion (SAFE ENGAGE) project. S/he will regularly communicate with PRB’s US-based activity managers, program directors, and senior leadership staff to drive results. The Consultant-Advisor will further assist PRB with expanding its programs in West Africa and its regional initiatives, raising the visibility of PRB-produced materials and products, forming lasting and productive relationships with key stakeholders, and helping to identify new partnerships and new areas of opportunity.
• Assume responsibility for providing oversight and implementing specific activities in one or more countries. Country activities could include helping local partners to translate evidence into user-friendly formats; building the capacity of national and decentralized groups (civil society organizations, faith-based organizations, public sector agencies, researchers, academics, journalists, and others) to understand often complex concepts, such as the demographic dividend, and to develop the skills to communicate them accurately and effectively to policy makers and those who seek to influence them. (approximately 65 days/year);
• Assist PRB with identifying and supervising country-based consultants, local partners, and vendors (including for French translation services) as needed, as well as trouble shoot should any issues arise (approximately 10 days/year);
• Responsible for liaising with key partners and donors in the field. The Advisor may also be asked to provide technical oversight of policy and communication activities in selected countries, help facilitate meetings or capacity building activities, and represent PRB at regional conferences or meetings. In addition the Advisor will be expected to work in conjunction with the PRB East Africa Regional Advisor to ensure West Africa field activities align with and benefit from those in the East Africa region to advance the mission and goals of PRB International Programs (Approximately 15 days/year);
• Liaise with USAID mission staff and other PRB donors and international partners at the regional or country levels. Activities could include periodically briefing donors/partners on project activities and participating in partner-supported conferences or meetings (Approximately 5 days/year);
• Assist PRB to assess and evaluate potential partnerships and business opportunities in the region; support PRB contributions to the achievement of the Ouagadougou Partnership and FP2020 goals and commitments; (approximately 5 days);
• Periodically review and provide technical input of project materials and training content with an eye toward relevance, acceptability, and ease of use at the local level (approximately 5 days);
• Assist PRB country consultants and local teams with developing targeted policy communication strategies, fostering policy dialogue, and creating spaces to effectively bring stakeholders and policymakers together for policy and program reform (Approximately 10 days);
• Assist with new business development as requested, providing input on concept papers and proposals to ensure relevance to the needs within the West Africa region (Approximately 12 days) and;
• Contribute to monitoring country and regional activities and documenting lessons learned from the implementation processes and experiences (Approximately 5 days/year).
• Participates in business development activities as needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Arrangements and Accountabilities
• Reports to the Senior Program Director for Country Programs
• Current residence in a West African country – Senegal or Burkina Faso – strongly preferred.
• The position is located in West Africa with significant travel (up to 35%) in the region
Experience and Education
• Graduate degree in public health, demography, social sciences, or other related field;
• Minimum 10 years of experience designing, implementing, and managing complex policy communications, advocacy, and capacity building programs in West Africa (Anglophone and Francophone preferred);
• Holds established relationships with regional reproductive health and demographic institutions and stakeholders in countries throughout the region. Has firsthand knowledge of the capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses of these institutions;
• Significant understanding of the FP/RH policy environment and programs in the region;
• Experience conducting policy analyses, using data and evidence to advocate for policy change, and designing advocacy strategies.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong skills in translating demographic, economic and/or other health data, synthesizing, and writing for non-technical policy audiences;
• A record of accomplishment supporting government actors and advocates to develop and implement health-related policies;
• Deep understanding of the organization of and financing of family planning and health services, and of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) initiatives in the region;
• Strong management and leadership skills including project management and supervision, convening of multi-stakeholder groups;
• Excellent organizational, writing, and oral presentation skills; proficiency in Skype, GoToMeeting and other web-based communication platforms;
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders, local partners, host country governments, and international donor agencies—especially USAID;
• Strong training and presentation skills;
• Must write and speak French fluently; strong English speaking and writing skills essential
Are you interested in becoming a 'Regional Advisor Consultant - West Africa'? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.