JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Reporting Director Sales MEA & Head of Region EMEA
Office - Office planned close to our customers in Senegal or Ivory Coast (6 -12 months initial training in Europe)
Region - Mainly West Africa (NOT Maghreb and NOT west of Niger/Nigeria)
- All Sales Activities in West Africa
- In the future it is planned to establish an office close to our customers (e.g. in Senegal or Ivory Coast)
- Introducing all housing equipment to existing and new customers in the region (also development of new business)
- Sales focus: housing equipment for poultry & laying hens (pig only subordinately)
- Supporting sales agents in the region
- Detailed explanation of the technical products to customers
- Business Development and Sales Expansion in Area West Africa, developing & implementing sales and marketing strategy
- New position
- Sales focus: housing equipment for poultry & laying hens (pig only subordinately)
- Technical knowledge (in laying hens and in poultry), experience in agriculture business and sales experience strongly preferred
- Motivated and driven sales person
- Fluency in English and French
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For one of our international clients, we are recruiting a highly senior Plant Manager for their fruit juice facility. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, the performance of the factory and full P&L, administration and budgets.
- Good understanding of the fruit juice market in the world, specifically for the European market and understanding of production of raw materials
- Factory management experience in Africa and experience in running a (fruit) plant
- A strong personality, a fair manager that can builds a team and makes decisions to get the best out of people to put the business forward and hold people accountable.
- Strong communicator, people person and build strong relatioships
- Has excellent understanding of culture and work ethic in West African countries
- Fluent in English language (both written and verbal)
Our client is a European company that has years of experience in the maritime industry with, amongst others, the following fields of work: Building of Offshore support ships, offshore accommodations, tugs and work boats, inland vessels and dredgers.
For their shipyard in West Africa they are looking for a shipyard manager.
Main responsibilities will be:
• Technical skills, calculations, drawings
• Quality assurance
• Business development, helped by HQ
• People management (team of 65)
• Admin, planning, acquisition, work preparation
The right candidate should have experience in the steel fabricating industry, preferably a shipyard. Should be somebody hands-on that can work on hulls, body and engines and even more so, train the team. Africa experience (or other developing countries) a must.
Interested in this role? Please apply through the button ‘Apply’.
Our customer, a European group, is a leader in Agrochemicals in Africa. To support the strong growth of its African subsidiary active in Crop Protection, they are looking for an Area Manager West Africa.
This is a stand alone position that will be reporting to the Africa Director. You will be responsible for the sale of the company's products via distributors (mainly) and B to B in your area.
You participate in the development of the commercial policy and implement it by developing your portfolio through an effective prospecting. You are the interface between your customers and the different departments of the company (technical, marketing ...).
On the lookout for opportunities and strength of proposal, you cultivate a real proximity with your customers.
Ideally, with a higher education, you have a proven experience in the agricultural sector, and you master the techniques of negotiation and development of accounts for export.
This post is a great opportunity for an enterprising person with a strong interpersonal sense. Your rigor and your sense of organization will facilitate your success. Empathy, the ability to convince, creativity, the taste of the challenge and the result are abilities that you have acquired. Your analytical mind and your anticipation skills will be essential assets to succeed in this position.
This position, based in West Africa (location is flexible), requires frequent travel and good command of both French and English.
Our client is a multinational provider of housing equipment for the agricultural market. They are looking for employees who show initiative, creativity, motivation and interest in a demanding and versatile job.
As sales manager, you report directly to the responsible Head of Business Unit. The company is looking for a motivated salesperson from the agricultural industry or similar areas. You will make their customers familiar with their housing equipment for keeping laying hens and heavier poultry. As their systems for livestock production require detailed explanation, you should be interested in technical processes and procedures.
You will be the first contact person for the clients’ customers and responsible for the development and expansion of the market. Central tasks include supporting of sales agents as well as planning, carrying out and accompanying negotiations with key accounts independently all the way to the conclusion of the contract. You will analyse the market and be responsible for developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies in the region.
We are looking for a dynamic businessperson who is self-confident and communicates well. Moreover, you should have some experience in sales, as well as business-level French skills (written and spoken). Solid English or German skills are obligatory. You should furthermore be willing to travel.
Further important prerequisites for this challenging job are individual initiative and self-organising skills. If you are good at organising, if you can work independently and are very structured, motivated and flexible, this responsible position might be the ideal opportunity for you.
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Manager in French speaking West Africa? Apply now through the 'apply now' button.
* Basic salary + performance based bonus
* Secondary benefits negotiable
* This could be a family position
* Start date ASAP, but flexible for the right person
Our client is looking for expats to fill the position as Financial Controllers in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinee.
They are looking for a strong financial candidate with an accounting / controlling background that is ready for a second or third step in his or her career.
• Responsible for the day to day accounting
• Maintains a financial structure for its own country
• Controls all financial planning and reporting
• Takes care of up-to-date financial information
• Reports to and works closely together with CFO in Europe
• Manages a small local team at the office
• Handles miscellaneous matters as required
• Great potential, great team, fantastic experience and career move, a lot of independency required
The candidate must be:
Creative, practical, flexible, adventurous, able to work with little or no supervision, a self-starter, entrepreneurial
• Bachelor with a professional financial qualification (i.e. ACCA, etc.) or master in finance or economic field is a must
• At least 3 years’ experience in finance, preferably in logistics, mining, oil and gas
• Excellent financial reporting skills
• Good organizer and communicator
• Fluent in English
• Previous experience in a developing country is an advantage
What they offer:
• Great team and career opportunity
• Accommodation, flights, transport, international insurance
• Competitive salary
Start date asap, note this is a single status position
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Controller in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Position: Regional Agronomist West Africa
Country/Regional Name: Ivory Coast and Ghana, based in Ivory Coast.
Reporting to: Regional Director, West Africa Chemical and Commodities
Our client, in sustainable supply chain, is seeking a techno-commercial agronomist with a strategic approach and entrepreneurial mindset to build up the agronomy department across West Africa. This role will correspond with the various business heads such as Crop Doctor.
The Regional Agronomist will be an individual with practical agronomy experience of either agronomically manage plantations for tree crops or have dealt with small holder farmers on the agronomy side. He/ She will have to demonstrate techno-commercial knowledge to be able not just improve agronomic interventions in our business but also provide commercial support to such interventions.
The Regional Agronomist role is a cross- business and functional role and is responsible for a wide variety of interventions:
- Support and develop technical content to be used in products and services distribution to farmers;
- Technical lead for Farm management services business that is being developed in West Africa region;
- Create and manage demo plot to demonstrate impact of Crop Doctor Products from the Ecom stable. Also create and manage demo plots for other businesses;
- Create a top quality agronomy team that provides best in class support to Ecom businesses in WAF and ensure it alignment with the company’s business strategy;
- Partner with SMS Advisory Services, SMS Farm management Services and Crop Doctor business
- Introducing current innovations in Agriculture worldwide into our businesses in WAF;
- Effectively report on new experiments and findings to build a consistent knowledge base across the WAF region;
- Build and own relationships with external agronomy research institutions;
- Build and develop relations with large plantation owners and with other Ecom group businesses to create a shared knowledge bank.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Post graduate in agriculture or Agronomy
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in practical Techno- Commercial Agronomy.
Knowledge of the rural sector, farming communities, agribusiness products, plantation management
Excellent technical agronomic skills
Ability to interpret strategy into implementation
Good commercial knowledge
Excellent communication and listening skills; good interpersonal relationship skills
Excellent research and analytical skills
Innovation and strategic thinking ability
Excellent technical agronomy skills
Ability to work independently and within team
Ability to travel extensively within West Africa
Fluency in English and bi-lingual capability in French
Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
Ability to live in rural environments
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Agronomist in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.