JOB SEARCH RESULT:
To further develop its activities, Enabel is looking for a (m/f):
International Intervention Co-Manager - Health – UGANDA
This procedure will also be used towards constituting a recruitment pool, in particular for another public health sector intervention manager in Uganda, which is very likely to be recruited.
Workplace: Kampala, Uganda
Contract duration: 24 months
Probable starting date : August 2018
Monthly salary package: Level 1: i.e. between 5.854,79 euros and 8.289,03 euros (inclusive gross monthly salary and expat benefits: expat and hardship allowances). The salary depends on relevant experience.
Furthermore, our expatriate staff members are also offered customary expatriate benefits such as a (capped) housing allowance, a moving allowance, an installation allowance, a (capped) school allowance for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
The amounts disbursed will vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function, the household’s composition and the fiscal situation.
The Strategic Purchasing of Health Services in Uganda (SPHU) Intervention is part of the Indicative Programme of Cooperation (ICP) 2012-2016 negotiated between Uganda and Belgium. The Belgian contribution is 6,000,000 €. The Specific Agreement will be for a duration of 42 months. The duration of the actual implementation phase is set at 30 months. The SPHU intervention will work in close collaboration with the current interventions of the bilateral Belgian Cooperation in the health sector (ICB II and PNFP) and consolidate them into a Programme Approach. This will be done in view of supporting the scaling up the Result Based Financing (RBF) experience in the Rwenzori and West-Nile regions towards a sustainable national RBF strategy, rolled out in other regions of the country, under Ministry of Health (MoH) leadership and in collaboration with other Development Partners supporting RBF. This experience will also feed the longer-term reflection on strategic health financing and more specifically the development of National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
The Intervention Co-Manager is in charge for Enabel to manage the intervention “Strategic Purchasing of Health Services in Uganda (SPHU)” in order to realise its specific objective by covering all management domains.
The Intervention manager is also in charge for Enabel to manage the remaining period (until December 2018) of the PNFP intervention “Institutional support for the private-non-for-profit health sub-sector to promote universal health coverage in Uganda”.
The intervention manager reports to the Enabel Resident Representative in Uganda
• As Chair of the Programme coordination committee: Provide the necessary input and information for the further development of programme strategy choices, methods and tools
• As Intervention Manager: Ensure that all management domains of the intervention are covered (content/scope, planning, budget, quality, etc.) in order to ensure a smooth start-up, progress and the results of the intervention and its contributions to the development results.
• As Activities / stages /components coordinator : Coordinate the activities and ensure their execution, in compliance with set arrangements and procedures in order to achieve the intervention objectives.
• As People manager: Lead the team of which one is the hierarchical supervisor in order to have qualified and motivated staff.
• As Support to the change processes / Expert in Cooperation: Support the partner’s change officer and contribute to partner entity capacity development in order to contribute to the improvement of their organisation, processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.
• As Knowledge manager : Coordinate the knowledge building process and ensure that the results thereof are disseminated in order to stimulate a learning and knowledge-based approach.
• As Expert: Contribute to the implementation of the intervention by providing expert input in order to ensure the intervention objectives are achieved.
Qualifications and required experience
• Master’s Diploma in Medicine with a complementary master’s degree in Public Health and/or Health Economy
• Master’s Diploma in Economy with a complementary master’s degree in Public Health
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in steering interventions/projects and international cooperation; experience with more than one intervention/project is an advantage
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the specific area of expertise
• Broad and in-depth insight in all aspects of development cooperation
• Experience in institutional support and work at a ministry’s level is an asset;
• Experience with RBF and/or health insurance is an asset;
• Experience in action-research and capitalisation exercises is an asset;
• Experience in the country of assignment is an asset;
• Experience in dealing with crosscutting issues (gender, SRHR, HIV, Human rights) is an asset;
• Thorough knowledge of project management methodologies
• Knowledge on complexity concepts and management in complex environments is an asset;
• Fluent in English
This job is for you ?
Please apply no later than May 15th 2018 via the link:
You must apply on-line.
Only applications entered in our system via the on-line link will be considered.
Are you interested in becoming an International Intervention Co-Manager - Health? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
Do you love Africa, Uganda, the outdoors and living in a remote environment? Are you a manager by heart, do you like to coach people and create a well-functioning team? Do you like the hospitality business, and love to make guests feel at home? Do people describe you as hospitable, culturally sensitive, pragmatic and a real handyman? Than read on. We might have the perfect job for you!
About Mutanda Lake Resort:
Mutanda Lake Resort is a small-scale lodge, set on a private peninsula in Lake Mutanda in the shadow of the Virunga Mountains, a chain of volcanoes bordering Rwanda, DR Congo and Uganda. Situated between Kisoro town, Mgahinga and Bwindi National Parks, the lodge makes a perfect base for gorilla trackers, volcano hikers, bird lovers as well as those looking for a secluded place in nature. Mutanda Lake Resort is owned by three Dutch Parties: Matoke Tours, Roadtrip Africa and Nand & Rose van der Heijden.The resort consists of 10 standard cottages, 2 family cottages and 5 luxury cottages, each with its own private veranda with panoramic views of the lake. The main building (restaurant & bar) resembles a Swiss chalet with an African touch. A cozy place where we serve tasty meals prepared with herbs and vegetables from our own garden. Our food receives raving reviews. We offer lots of activities, directly from our lodge. On the lake we offer sailing, paddle boarding, kayaking and a sundowner tour on our motor boat. We as well offer stunning nature hikes and community tours. We have a team of about 20 local staff, most from within region.
Taking responsibility for the lodge management will guarantee you a dynamic and diverse working environment in one of the most beautiful rainforests of Uganda. Important parts of your daily work include:
Operations & staff: Overseeing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of all lodge departments (service, kitchen, housekeeping, maintenance, security – app. 30 people) in close collaboration with the assistant manager. You host a day-start and check-in with the team throughout the day to monitor all areas and take responsibility for compliance with quality, health and safety standards. You coach, motivate and train staff and manage rosters, payment and performance. Lead by example in a positive, hands-on and enthusiastic manner.
Guest experience: Ensuring a memorable guest experience, with quality lodging, excellent food and beverage, high service levels and true nature experience. You connect with and support guests and inspire staff to exceed expectations. Visible presence throughout the guests’ stay, especially during key service moments.
Lodge bookings: Overseeing and support of the lodge booking process, while effectively communicating with tour operators, travel agents and guests.
Financial management: Coordinating lodge financial management and providing regular management updates to the lodge owners (operations and finance). You make sure that the
administrative and financial processes are always up to date.
Stock & supplies: Organize lodge supplies and oversee stock management.
Maintenance: Identification of all necessary maintenance and ensuring all issues are promptly resolved. You oversee and support planned and unplanned maintenance/renovations/construction. Ensuring the lodge premises are well maintained, clean, organized and attractive at all times.
Flexibility: Managing unforeseen events with calmness and hands-on technical skills, seeking solutions that reflect the standards of Mutanda Lake Resort.
Relations: Keeping respectable and positive relationships with the communities, district leaders, other (tourism) businesses and authorities.
Community & local government: Managing and supporting community projects and investing in a
good relationship with both the surrounding communities and government officials.
Representation: Representing the company while sustaining the lodge standards, reputation,
concept, and design.
Skills & knowledge
- Management experience, preferably in a comparable setting in experience in the mid-range
or high-end hospitality sector, preferably in East Africa.
- Relevant educational background in operational management, hospitality, and/or tourism.
- Proven technical experience and/or affinity with lodge property maintenance.
- Affinity and/or experience with the Ugandan society and tourism sector.
- Personal & positive work attitude
- Passionate about hospitality, service-delivery, sustainability.
- Able to keep on top of your responsibilities, also when working under pressure.
- Comfortable to take responsibility and show leadership.
- Effective communicator, eager to build and maintain relations.
- Independent, self-driven, Flexible, curious, creative, solution-oriented and resourceful
- Friendly, open-minded and respectful attitude towards all guests, staff and all other
relations of Mutanda Lake Resort
- Eye for detail
- Availability from September 2023
- Willing to work at Mutanda Lake Resort for a minimum of 2 years.
- Comfortable with working long days and running a 24/7 operation.
- Able to live in a remote area.
- Fluency in English (written/spoken), knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Computer skills, professional content creation and social media management is a plus.
- Driver’s license.
- First aid training (beneficial
- A fantastic workplace in the middle of nature.
- Your own private cottage overlooking Lake Mutanda.
- All meals and drinks are included (except for imported drinks).
- Use of our company vehicle
- An annual travel budget of $2.000 per couple (to visit home)
- Starting salary of 2.500USD (couple) per month depending on experience and fit.
- Annual bonus based on performance.
- Work permit(s) and social security fund contribution. Annual leave of 21 days plus 5 days per
month to be taken during low season.Back-up support and guidance from the owners.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter (max 1 page) and resume (max 2 pages) to email@example.com
Should you have questions about the position, please contact Coen van der Heijden or Wim Kok
(+31) (0) 626622907
Coen van der Heijden
(+31) (0) 611591311
We love to hear from you.
If we see a match, the next step will be an interview via skype, teams, zoom or face to face
Our client is a leading, multinational manufacturer of animal nutrition with several brands based in East Africa and Europe. We're currently seeking a Finance Manager to join the Uganda office in Kampala.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Finance Manager ensures the formulation and, after approval by the General Manager, implementation of the F&A strategy (overheads/indirect costs) of the Operating Company (OpCo), in line with the regional and global business strategy.
The Finance Manager usually acts as deputy for the OpCo General Manager.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Strategy: Formulates a financial strategy, consistent with the business strategy and corporate guidelines, which after approval by the General Manager, results in short and (mid) long term plans for the department and a framework for the key areas of the department.
- Financial Accounting: Manage the financial accounting, control and administration organization, processes and systems (general ledger, balance-sheet, P&L statement, cash (flow)/liquidity management, FX, treasury, local tax regulations, insurances, payroll, etc.).
- Business Year Planning and Forecasting: Sets up and implements year plan(s) for the key area(s) of the company, in line with the strategy of the company, in order to give, after approval by the General Manager, guidance for the activities of the department. Plans, organizes, co-ordinates and supports the monthly business forecasting process and analyzes to budget.
- Financial Control: Ensures the timely and accurate availability of financial plans, reports and budgets, within corporate guidelines, in order to give management adequate insight into the financial situation
- Management Advice: Proactively advises management in decisions with substantial financial consequences, and takes care of financial analyses to support these decisions, within corporate guidelines, to ensure financial awareness in decision making and to minimize financial risks.
- Risk Management: Plans, directs and controls risk-management, supervises and controls the handling of claims, within corporate guidelines, in order to guarantee a balance between the financial (economic) risks and the costs of insurance
- Tax Management: Ensures the handling of local tax matters, in line with corporate tax guidelines, in order to comply with relevant local tax rules and legislation.
- Administrative Organisation: Ensures the formulation of the administrative organisation, in line with corporate guidelines, in order to safeguard effective and controllable administrative processes.
- Budget Control: Controls the budget of the department, takes corrective actions when necessary, and ensures adequate reporting, within the corporate guidelines, to ensure that the department delivers its budget and meets KPI objectives.
- Human Resource Management: Organises, manages, develops and staffs the department, in order to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimisation of business results.
- Deputy duties: Finance Manager may be acting as deputy of the General Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University education in finance and/or accounting
- Professional accounting certification (ACCA, CPA or similar)
- Experience within manufacturing industry
- Hands-on financial professional, experienced as being Finance responsible for reporting Profit/Loss & Balance sheet within an International Business and/or Accounting Firm.
- Team management experience
- Experience with SAP or other recognized ERP system is strongly preferred.
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office
- Strong communication skills (oral and written English)
- Enjoys analysing numbers
- Able to demonstrate Integrity, Honesty & Loyalty
- Entrepreneurial self-starter; an ability to take initiatives and get things done.
- A team player with an international, independent, pragmatic, result oriented attitude.
- Comfortable with a small team and end responsibility for financial results (correctness; timeliness)
- Capable of working under tight deadlines.
This position is available to local candidates (Ugandan citizens).
If you're interested, please apply via the link with a short motivation why your background is a great fit for the role.
We are seeking a Financial Controller for one of our International Clients in the Food Processing Industry, to be based in Uganda.
Do you understand a production / processing environment from a Finance perspective, and you are hands-on and strategic?
Do you have experience managing a team & auditors, and in creating monthly and yearly reports; Internal Controls, Inventory, Tax, Banking?
Are you already based in Uganda, or willing to relocate, upload your latest CV, send us your motivation and APPLY NOW.
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are you the Managing Director we are looking for?
Are you ready to lead the company of our client, which aims to tackle Africa’s emerging development challenges? Do you have a passion for social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) and capacity building? Then we might be looking for you.
The Managing Director is a dynamic and inspiring leader of the team, and is accountable for the sustainability and growth of the company. He reports directly to the board, which includes experienced professionals from both NGOs and the private sector.
1. Leadership: Motivate and mentor the team
• Being a team player on projects and lead by example.
• Creating an atmosphere of appreciation and respect for all partners and colleagues
• Create a learning environment and seek and give constructive feedback
2. Business Management: Overseeing the financial health of the company and providing strategic direction for growth and sustainability
• Regularly review financial reports and approve expenses
• Ensure the organization is adhering to local laws and operating as a socially responsible business
• Engage the organization's Board of Directors in key decisions, prepare regular updates, and support recruitment of new board members as needed
• Lead the creation of operating procedures, financial forecasts and targets, annual and strategic plans, updated governance manuals, quarterly reviews, and performance reviews
3. Partnerships: Build and maintain relationships with staff, potential project partners and consultants
• Recruit new consultants and team members
• Manage relationships with key partners
• Represent the organization's interests in partnerships, while looking for synergy and collectively beneficial opportunities
4. Marketing and Communication: Lead and oversee new business opportunities and company sales
• Watch trends in the creative and or communication industry and the development sector
• Brainstorm with colleagues, partners and clients on new proposals
• Write and review bids and new proposals
• Review and approve external communication
5. Creative: Contribute to the development of new services and products
• Lead and oversee design reseach and co-creations
• Conceptualise innovative social and behaviour change communication and capacity building strategies and tools
• Work with designers, content developers, illustrators and researchers to define or refine solutions
• Occasionally develop content for company communication and new products
• Ensure services and products apply user-centered design principles and meet the organization's quality standards
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field (social sector enterprise, communication, design, SBCC etc.)
• Experience in mentoring, motivating and supervising teams and individuals
• Experience with volunteering or working in Africa, working with local counterparts
• The ability to facilitate workshops, strong presentation skills and influence internal and external discussions at all levels
• Strong English writing and communication skills
• Business acumen, with business strategy development, operational planning experience and financial planning
• Knowledge of Human-Centered Design in the creative industry is preferred
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to travel frequently within East Africa and Uganda itself
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Supervisory Board
Our client has a two-tier board structure in accordance to a European corporate governance framework, with a Supervisory Board (non-executive) and Management Board (executive). The Supervisory Board is responsible for supervising the Management Board’s activities in developing and implementing the business strategy and managing the principle risks associated with it. The Supervisory Board supervises the policies carried out by the management board and the general affairs of the company, with focus on the effectiveness of the company’s internal risk management and control systems and the integrity and quality of the financial reporting.
The Supervisory Board Directors shall always act independently and in the best interests of the company, and to that end, shall weigh the relevant interests of all the company’s stakeholders, including clients, staff and shareholders. The Chair of the Supervisory Board works with the CEO to set the agenda of the Supervisory Board meetings and chairs the meeting, stimulating and open and balanced discussion. Their role is to make sure that supervision and support are effective, proactive and constructive, based on a deep understanding of the company, its customers and the business environment.
The supervisory board will be expected to self-evaluate its own performance and that of its committees on an annual basis on the following four categories:
i. Strategy and business;
ii. Monitoring and risk management;
iii. Board dynamics and processes; and
iv. Composition and diversity.
We are seeking three new Directors for the Supervisory Board, including the role of the Chair.
We are seeking to create a strong and effective Supervisory Board with experience and track record in the African renewable energy sector, relevant subject matter expertise and corporate governance. Between the three positions, we are looking for the following key characteristics:
Direct experience in the renewable energy sector, preferably in Africa, either in an operational role or as an investor / lender role in the sector
Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably East Africa
Strong credit management expertise and experience
Relevant qualifications and experience in Finance and Accounting to Chair the company's Audit Committee (sub-committee of the Supervisory Board)
Experience with strategic sale, corporate financing structures / SPVs
Experience with early stage companies and leading change management / transition programmes
Strong commercial mindset, with experience in building profitable businesses
Ugandan or regional candidates with the relevant business networks are strongly preferred especially if based in the region or willing to spend time in country to be closer to the management
Focus on safety, ethics and compliance
Prior experience as a Board Director; ideally with knowledge of corporate governance framework and demonstrated ability to apply corporate governance principles in Board roles (For the Chair role, >10 years C suite / Board Chair experience preferred)
Experience of working with multi-cultural teams
Strong inter-personal skills, ability to constructively challenge and support the management team
We are committed to create a diverse and inclusive Board and would welcome applications from candidates who bring gender and cultural diversity to the Board.
You are committed to building commercially sustainable businesses to address the energy challenge in Africa. You can think strategically and look at the bigger picture, but at the same time bring a sense of urgency to get things done. You encourage open and constructive debate but can prioritise decisions and actions. You will hold people accountable to deliver on their commitments. People love to work with you because you are candid, positive and respectful. You are resilient, can adapt to changes and used to working in challenging business environments.
What to expect
The Supervisory Board meets in person usually in Kampala (or Nairobi) every quarter, typically over 1.5 days. In additional to the formal Board meeting (typically a full day) this may include strategy sessions, subject matter sessions, Board committee meetings, wider staff engagements and field visit.
In addition, there is a monthly call (60-90 minutes) to review business performance and progress against business plan targets.
As part of the onboarding process, you will be expected to spend 2-3 days in Uganda in the headquarters and in the field to get acquainted with the market, the company and the team.
You may also be expected to Chair or participate in relevant committees or working groups.
There may be periods of heightened activity when you may have to join additional calls or meetings (eg around fund raising activities)
The appointment is for a period of two years, with the option to extend.
The company compensated the costs of travel and accommodation and offers and appropriate remuneration for your time.
The CEO designs a plan and leads the execution of the plan to lead the company to sustainable profitability. The CEO is successful when he/she has built an efficient team of leaders, that can work together to successfully design and execute a winning strategy for the company.
Reporting to the Supervisory Board, the CEO builds a sustainable foundation for profitable growth. Once proven in its home market, the organizational capacity has been built to successfully expand into new markets.
Key Profile priorities
• Proven Leadership experience ideally at C-level
• Turnaround / restructuring experience incl. change Management
• Strong commercial experience and track record
• Stakeholder Management (shareholders, lenders, public/government, etc)
• Experience of doing business in Uganda with local networks, preferably Ugandan national
• Experience in start-up environment an advantage
CEO JOB SPECIFICATIONS
1. The Role
a. Reporting to the Supervisory Board, the CEO is Responsible for the overall leadership of the Organization to lead the company to profitability and ensure a viable sustainable profitable business
a. Implementation of the strategic plan and business model to ensure the viability of the company and is subsidiaries
b. Leadership of the operating and functional units to ensure achievement of the plan
c. Ensuring the company remains competitive in the market place through continuous optimization and innovation
d. Continuous improvement of operational process and cost efficiencies
e. Annual plan formulation and setting and alignment with stakeholders.
f. The key point of contact with Shareholders, lenders, Grant Funders and Donors
g. Regular (monthly) Reporting to the Supervisory Board on company performance
3. Experience and Qualifications required
a. Strong/empathetic leader able to inspire an organisation to deliver the plan
b. Proven experience in leading a larger organisation, preferably at C-Level
c. Proven experience in having restructured or re modelled a business
d. Track record in driving cultural and leadership change
e. Strong Commercial experience with a delivery track record of growth
f. Proven experience in managing an organization in developing markets and driving growth in markets with low income customer base
g. Proven experience in having optimized costs and operating efficiencies
h. Proven experience in having driven and led a low-cost sourcing and procurement policy
i. Solid Understanding of financial instruments, Micro financing and debt equity management
j. Demonstrates tight cash and working capital leadership
k. Strong Stakeholder Management Skills, incl. Shareholders, lenders, Government institutions, donors
l. Strong preference would be for someone with experience in start-up environment
m. Preference would be for someone who has led an electric or component marketing organization
n. Masters or degree in Business/commercial/Financial management
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.