JOB SEARCH RESULT:
To further develop its activities, Enabel is looking for a (m/f):
International Intervention Co-Manager - Health – UGANDA
This procedure will also be used towards constituting a recruitment pool, in particular for another public health sector intervention manager in Uganda, which is very likely to be recruited.
Workplace: Kampala, Uganda
Contract duration: 24 months
Probable starting date : August 2018
Monthly salary package: Level 1: i.e. between 5.854,79 euros and 8.289,03 euros (inclusive gross monthly salary and expat benefits: expat and hardship allowances). The salary depends on relevant experience.
Furthermore, our expatriate staff members are also offered customary expatriate benefits such as a (capped) housing allowance, a moving allowance, an installation allowance, a (capped) school allowance for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
The amounts disbursed will vary in function of relevant recognised experience for the function, the household’s composition and the fiscal situation.
The Strategic Purchasing of Health Services in Uganda (SPHU) Intervention is part of the Indicative Programme of Cooperation (ICP) 2012-2016 negotiated between Uganda and Belgium. The Belgian contribution is 6,000,000 €. The Specific Agreement will be for a duration of 42 months. The duration of the actual implementation phase is set at 30 months. The SPHU intervention will work in close collaboration with the current interventions of the bilateral Belgian Cooperation in the health sector (ICB II and PNFP) and consolidate them into a Programme Approach. This will be done in view of supporting the scaling up the Result Based Financing (RBF) experience in the Rwenzori and West-Nile regions towards a sustainable national RBF strategy, rolled out in other regions of the country, under Ministry of Health (MoH) leadership and in collaboration with other Development Partners supporting RBF. This experience will also feed the longer-term reflection on strategic health financing and more specifically the development of National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
The Intervention Co-Manager is in charge for Enabel to manage the intervention “Strategic Purchasing of Health Services in Uganda (SPHU)” in order to realise its specific objective by covering all management domains.
The Intervention manager is also in charge for Enabel to manage the remaining period (until December 2018) of the PNFP intervention “Institutional support for the private-non-for-profit health sub-sector to promote universal health coverage in Uganda”.
The intervention manager reports to the Enabel Resident Representative in Uganda
• As Chair of the Programme coordination committee: Provide the necessary input and information for the further development of programme strategy choices, methods and tools
• As Intervention Manager: Ensure that all management domains of the intervention are covered (content/scope, planning, budget, quality, etc.) in order to ensure a smooth start-up, progress and the results of the intervention and its contributions to the development results.
• As Activities / stages /components coordinator : Coordinate the activities and ensure their execution, in compliance with set arrangements and procedures in order to achieve the intervention objectives.
• As People manager: Lead the team of which one is the hierarchical supervisor in order to have qualified and motivated staff.
• As Support to the change processes / Expert in Cooperation: Support the partner’s change officer and contribute to partner entity capacity development in order to contribute to the improvement of their organisation, processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.
• As Knowledge manager : Coordinate the knowledge building process and ensure that the results thereof are disseminated in order to stimulate a learning and knowledge-based approach.
• As Expert: Contribute to the implementation of the intervention by providing expert input in order to ensure the intervention objectives are achieved.
Qualifications and required experience
• Master’s Diploma in Medicine with a complementary master’s degree in Public Health and/or Health Economy
• Master’s Diploma in Economy with a complementary master’s degree in Public Health
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in steering interventions/projects and international cooperation; experience with more than one intervention/project is an advantage
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the specific area of expertise
• Broad and in-depth insight in all aspects of development cooperation
• Experience in institutional support and work at a ministry’s level is an asset;
• Experience with RBF and/or health insurance is an asset;
• Experience in action-research and capitalisation exercises is an asset;
• Experience in the country of assignment is an asset;
• Experience in dealing with crosscutting issues (gender, SRHR, HIV, Human rights) is an asset;
• Thorough knowledge of project management methodologies
• Knowledge on complexity concepts and management in complex environments is an asset;
• Fluent in English
This job is for you ?
Please apply no later than May 15th 2018 via the link:
You must apply on-line.
Only applications entered in our system via the on-line link will be considered.
Are you interested in becoming an International Intervention Co-Manager - Health? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
* Premium job
We are seeking a Financial Controller for one of our International Clients in the Food Processing Industry, to be based in Uganda.
Do you understand a production / processing environment from a Finance perspective, and you are hands-on and strategic?
Do you have experience managing a team & auditors, and in creating monthly and yearly reports; Internal Controls, Inventory, Tax, Banking?
Are you already based in Uganda, or willing to relocate, upload your latest CV, send us your motivation and APPLY NOW.
For our client, an extremely succesful start-up in business services, we are looking for someone who has a mix of operational experience, negotiation and collaboration skill and a strategic, innovative and creative thinker. The general manager will lead a fast-paced business and needs to inspire a team of people across various countries.
- Lead your team to greatness
- Have full profit and loss responsibility and be responsible for the business objectives
- Create a long-term country or region strategy
- Establish partnerships with partners on the company's platform and maintain them
- Hire top talent and help them grow, develop and perform as professionals
- Be informed and involved
- Be the legal representative of the company and act accordingly
- Persuasiveness in a pleasant way and you can sell anything
- Good judgment
- Healthy dose of curiousity and a desire to understand
- The ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Respect, kindness and fairness
- You have managed large teams and you are a natural leader
- Ambition and a personality that inspires others
- There is a shares plan
- Attractive relocation package
- Flexible working environment
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Are you the Managing Director we are looking for?
Are you ready to lead the company of our client, which aims to tackle Africa’s emerging development challenges? Do you have a passion for social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) and capacity building? Then we might be looking for you.
The Managing Director is a dynamic and inspiring leader of the team, and is accountable for the sustainability and growth of the company. He reports directly to the board, which includes experienced professionals from both NGOs and the private sector.
1. Leadership: Motivate and mentor the team
• Being a team player on projects and lead by example.
• Creating an atmosphere of appreciation and respect for all partners and colleagues
• Create a learning environment and seek and give constructive feedback
2. Business Management: Overseeing the financial health of the company and providing strategic direction for growth and sustainability
• Regularly review financial reports and approve expenses
• Ensure the organization is adhering to local laws and operating as a socially responsible business
• Engage the organization's Board of Directors in key decisions, prepare regular updates, and support recruitment of new board members as needed
• Lead the creation of operating procedures, financial forecasts and targets, annual and strategic plans, updated governance manuals, quarterly reviews, and performance reviews
3. Partnerships: Build and maintain relationships with staff, potential project partners and consultants
• Recruit new consultants and team members
• Manage relationships with key partners
• Represent the organization's interests in partnerships, while looking for synergy and collectively beneficial opportunities
4. Marketing and Communication: Lead and oversee new business opportunities and company sales
• Watch trends in the creative and or communication industry and the development sector
• Brainstorm with colleagues, partners and clients on new proposals
• Write and review bids and new proposals
• Review and approve external communication
5. Creative: Contribute to the development of new services and products
• Lead and oversee design reseach and co-creations
• Conceptualise innovative social and behaviour change communication and capacity building strategies and tools
• Work with designers, content developers, illustrators and researchers to define or refine solutions
• Occasionally develop content for company communication and new products
• Ensure services and products apply user-centered design principles and meet the organization's quality standards
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in a relevant field (social sector enterprise, communication, design, SBCC etc.)
• Experience in mentoring, motivating and supervising teams and individuals
• Experience with volunteering or working in Africa, working with local counterparts
• The ability to facilitate workshops, strong presentation skills and influence internal and external discussions at all levels
• Strong English writing and communication skills
• Business acumen, with business strategy development, operational planning experience and financial planning
• Knowledge of Human-Centered Design in the creative industry is preferred
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Ability to travel frequently within East Africa and Uganda itself
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Supervisory Board
Our client has a two-tier board structure in accordance to a European corporate governance framework, with a Supervisory Board (non-executive) and Management Board (executive). The Supervisory Board is responsible for supervising the Management Board’s activities in developing and implementing the business strategy and managing the principle risks associated with it. The Supervisory Board supervises the policies carried out by the management board and the general affairs of the company, with focus on the effectiveness of the company’s internal risk management and control systems and the integrity and quality of the financial reporting.
The Supervisory Board Directors shall always act independently and in the best interests of the company, and to that end, shall weigh the relevant interests of all the company’s stakeholders, including clients, staff and shareholders. The Chair of the Supervisory Board works with the CEO to set the agenda of the Supervisory Board meetings and chairs the meeting, stimulating and open and balanced discussion. Their role is to make sure that supervision and support are effective, proactive and constructive, based on a deep understanding of the company, its customers and the business environment.
The supervisory board will be expected to self-evaluate its own performance and that of its committees on an annual basis on the following four categories:
i. Strategy and business;
ii. Monitoring and risk management;
iii. Board dynamics and processes; and
iv. Composition and diversity.
We are seeking three new Directors for the Supervisory Board, including the role of the Chair.
We are seeking to create a strong and effective Supervisory Board with experience and track record in the African renewable energy sector, relevant subject matter expertise and corporate governance. Between the three positions, we are looking for the following key characteristics:
Direct experience in the renewable energy sector, preferably in Africa, either in an operational role or as an investor / lender role in the sector
Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably East Africa
Strong credit management expertise and experience
Relevant qualifications and experience in Finance and Accounting to Chair the company's Audit Committee (sub-committee of the Supervisory Board)
Experience with strategic sale, corporate financing structures / SPVs
Experience with early stage companies and leading change management / transition programmes
Strong commercial mindset, with experience in building profitable businesses
Ugandan or regional candidates with the relevant business networks are strongly preferred especially if based in the region or willing to spend time in country to be closer to the management
Focus on safety, ethics and compliance
Prior experience as a Board Director; ideally with knowledge of corporate governance framework and demonstrated ability to apply corporate governance principles in Board roles (For the Chair role, >10 years C suite / Board Chair experience preferred)
Experience of working with multi-cultural teams
Strong inter-personal skills, ability to constructively challenge and support the management team
We are committed to create a diverse and inclusive Board and would welcome applications from candidates who bring gender and cultural diversity to the Board.
You are committed to building commercially sustainable businesses to address the energy challenge in Africa. You can think strategically and look at the bigger picture, but at the same time bring a sense of urgency to get things done. You encourage open and constructive debate but can prioritise decisions and actions. You will hold people accountable to deliver on their commitments. People love to work with you because you are candid, positive and respectful. You are resilient, can adapt to changes and used to working in challenging business environments.
What to expect
The Supervisory Board meets in person usually in Kampala (or Nairobi) every quarter, typically over 1.5 days. In additional to the formal Board meeting (typically a full day) this may include strategy sessions, subject matter sessions, Board committee meetings, wider staff engagements and field visit.
In addition, there is a monthly call (60-90 minutes) to review business performance and progress against business plan targets.
As part of the onboarding process, you will be expected to spend 2-3 days in Uganda in the headquarters and in the field to get acquainted with the market, the company and the team.
You may also be expected to Chair or participate in relevant committees or working groups.
There may be periods of heightened activity when you may have to join additional calls or meetings (eg around fund raising activities)
The appointment is for a period of two years, with the option to extend.
The company compensated the costs of travel and accommodation and offers and appropriate remuneration for your time.
The CEO designs a plan and leads the execution of the plan to lead the company to sustainable profitability. The CEO is successful when he/she has built an efficient team of leaders, that can work together to successfully design and execute a winning strategy for the company.
Reporting to the Supervisory Board, the CEO builds a sustainable foundation for profitable growth. Once proven in its home market, the organizational capacity has been built to successfully expand into new markets.
Key Profile priorities
• Proven Leadership experience ideally at C-level
• Turnaround / restructuring experience incl. change Management
• Strong commercial experience and track record
• Stakeholder Management (shareholders, lenders, public/government, etc)
• Experience of doing business in Uganda with local networks, preferably Ugandan national
• Experience in start-up environment an advantage
CEO JOB SPECIFICATIONS
1. The Role
a. Reporting to the Supervisory Board, the CEO is Responsible for the overall leadership of the Organization to lead the company to profitability and ensure a viable sustainable profitable business
a. Implementation of the strategic plan and business model to ensure the viability of the company and is subsidiaries
b. Leadership of the operating and functional units to ensure achievement of the plan
c. Ensuring the company remains competitive in the market place through continuous optimization and innovation
d. Continuous improvement of operational process and cost efficiencies
e. Annual plan formulation and setting and alignment with stakeholders.
f. The key point of contact with Shareholders, lenders, Grant Funders and Donors
g. Regular (monthly) Reporting to the Supervisory Board on company performance
3. Experience and Qualifications required
a. Strong/empathetic leader able to inspire an organisation to deliver the plan
b. Proven experience in leading a larger organisation, preferably at C-Level
c. Proven experience in having restructured or re modelled a business
d. Track record in driving cultural and leadership change
e. Strong Commercial experience with a delivery track record of growth
f. Proven experience in managing an organization in developing markets and driving growth in markets with low income customer base
g. Proven experience in having optimized costs and operating efficiencies
h. Proven experience in having driven and led a low-cost sourcing and procurement policy
i. Solid Understanding of financial instruments, Micro financing and debt equity management
j. Demonstrates tight cash and working capital leadership
k. Strong Stakeholder Management Skills, incl. Shareholders, lenders, Government institutions, donors
l. Strong preference would be for someone with experience in start-up environment
m. Preference would be for someone who has led an electric or component marketing organization
n. Masters or degree in Business/commercial/Financial management
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client, a social enterprise, is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Head of Business Development and Partnerships to lead the company’s fastest-growing market segment. As Head of Business Development and Partnerships, you will be responsible for all aspects of global sales, growing their existing partnerships and opportunities in East Africa, and leading the business development strategy across Southern and West Africa.
You will lead a motivated team of regional managers and field-based sales associates across three country offices (Kampala, Nairobi, and Lilongwe), and will be responsible for growing, training and developing this team to deliver on the vision of expanding the reach of their impactful partnerships across Africa. You will report directly to the CEO as a key member of the Senior Management Team, contributing to overall company vision and strategy.
Lead pan-African business development strategy
o Develop, execute and iterate strategy to grow the company's footprint in Southern and Western Africa, ensuring a smooth and successful roll out with commercial partners in new countries
o Overcome obstacles that hinder growth such as logistical import barriers, product standards limitation and working through distributors to achieve maximum potential for growth and impact
Manage large portfolio of existing customers and partners
o Develop, execute and refine strategy to support and grow key partnerships and stakeholders across East Africa (Uganda, Kenya, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, and Tanzania)
o Maintain detailed and active information input on Salesforce platform
Provide leadership to the teams that drive sales and partnership development
o Build upon, support, and provide exceptional leadership to the existing sales and marketing teams, including strategy, targets, compensation and incentive structures
o Support team development by performing regular reviews and trainings, retaining high performing team members, and trouble-shooting low performing sales regions
5 or more years working in a senior management role within a progressive sales organization with strong, quantifiable results.
Experience working on the ground in Africa across commercial and non-governmental sectors in both sales and partnerships
Proven experience and a passion for motivating and leading teams to deliver on ambitious goals within a commercial sales environment
Required, experience managing a multi-cultural team
Advanced knowledge of Salesforce platform
Resilient and resourceful mindset, collaborative nature, entrepreneurial spirit
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
Passion for social development and economic growth in Africa
Willingness to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) and to travel within and outside Africa (min. 50% travel)
Flexibility with shifting priorities and competing demands in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
Commitment to the company's mission and social objectives
The compensation package is commensurate with experience. A 2-year contract upon signing, with opportunity for performance-based extension.
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Business Development and Partnerships in Kenya or Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reporting to the CEO, the Commercial Director heads the Commercial Department which is responsible for the promotion and sales of all the Company’s products and growing the brand of the company.
The Commercial Director is required to have and demonstrate at all times these key characteristics:
1. Drive volume and sales growth in the current markets of focus and expansion into new markets
2. Lead, support and oversee the Agri (Animal Feed and Poultry) and Consumer goods (Dressed Chicken) sales team to ensure they achieve the goals and objectives (hard and soft)
3. Plan and execute an effective and efficient marketing campaign and Route to Market strategy in order to significantly grow the market share in both the Agri and Consumer Goods sectors
4. Maintain excellent customer relations and market intelligence (both at consumer and competitor level)
5. Build strong sales teams and be a valued member of the Executive Leadership.
• Develop, implement and oversee the sales and marketing strategic plan
• Compile sales volumes and sales price targets for the various products and monitor and drive sales throughout the year to attain the targets set.
• Ensure that the sales teams and sales support teams are knowledgeable about their products and markets, are fully motivated and energized, and are adequately trained
• Identify export opportunities and work towards achieving steady growth in regional markets
• Manage customer relations in the best way possible, ensuring quality service, as well as building a comprehensive and detailed customer database
• Manage relations with relevant government ministries and departments whose policies and regulations can impact the business
• Build up and provide direction to the marketing team to ensure that the company's brands are leading the market
• Keep management and board well-informed about the livestock market - market trends, competitor activity & pricing, performance of the products, opportunities and threats.
• Good working knowledge of finance to effectively manage budgets and optimise product margins
• Ensure sales staff comply with SOPs
• Manage all social media channels, activities etc.
• Any other duties that may be assigned to you
Education and Professional qualifications
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior position with direct P&L responsibility in a company with over $15 million of annual sales
• A relevant degree in Sales and Marketing with an MBA being an added advantage.
• Prior training in Professional Selling Skills and in Customer Care is an added advantage.
• Prior experience in live stock sector a plus but not essential
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Hard working, persuasive and ability to work under pressure.
• Quick decision making and highly intelligent.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Leadership skills with experience of managing a large staff complement
• Flair for sales
• Excellent communication skills
• Technology and Social Media savvy
• Value adding and creative (willingness to go an extra mile for the company, staff & customers).
• Enthusiastic, passionate and encouraging to all.
• Strong commitment to the goal and vision of the company.
• Results driven.
• Company policy, systems and procedures
• The company's Corporate image and Brand
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Director in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.