JOB SEARCH RESULT:
We are looking for a Country Representative for our client to oversee the local projects and to liaise with the stakeholders. The Country Representative will take the lead in developing our local sustainability projects, and will have a representative role towards local farmer groups and partners. You will be working in collaboration with the procurement team and an international team of Program managers. The organization is still in the young stage and is therefore looking for someone who can manage everything on the ground, including the small team.
Key activities and responsibilities
1. Develop and supervise the implementation of new sustainability projects in Togo.
2. Monitor progress of certification, GPS mapping and traceability activities of suppliers and coordinate M&E digital data collection with the field staff;
• Directly manage the certification and partnerships manager in the planning and execution of field activities (such as farmer trainings, certification audits, premium payments)
• Report to HQ on project indicators and with narrative reports for client/donor programs
3. Represent the organization towards clients, donors, govt agencies and sector partners
• Be a spokesperson at sector events/conferences, and feed sector developments to HQ
• Maintain meaningful relationships with govt offices and sector partners
• Identify and develop new partnerships with local funding or implementing partners
• Organize partnership events and field trips for client representatives
4. Manage the country office with a country team of 3 field technicians and build basis for future growth.
• Ensure internal communication (meetings, documents) to document and align with the team on project targets and planning, procurement volumes and task division between the team members
• Manage recruitment and HR administration for the local field staff
• Support office processes, such legal entity establishment, rent, insurance, CAPEX, procurement
5. Supplier relation management and Procurement support
• Maintain relations with farmer group management to facilitate project execution and procurement
• Coordinate annual contracting with farmer groups on volume + sustainability premiums
6. Finance and project audits
• Ensure accurate financial administration for management reports and coordinate financial project audits (financial report, time sheets etc.)
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Business, International Development or related field
• At least 5 years’ experience in operational management and leading a team
• Experience in managing field activities in rural context
• Comfortable with intercultural communication
• Working well in a fast-paced working environment
• Self-starter, problem-solver, an ambitious and passionate worker
• Driven to improve projects and procedures
• Bush proof
• Fluency in English and French
This position is open to local candidates and international (part-time) consultants already resident in Togo.
Our client is an established organic and Fairtrade player. They have developed sustainable food chains in South America and Africa and they are looking for a Managing Director for their Togo start up - about 30 permanent staff and up to 30 seasonal workers generating a turnover of around 4 M Euro per year.
The purpose of the job is to build a profitable business without losing track of social and environmental sustainability. Carefully managing the stakeholders, investments and the resource of the company, the Leader is hands on and pragmatic. He or she aspires to build a lean and profitable organisation whilst driving the mission & vision of the company of which direct producer relationship and fair, transparent business practices are an important part.
The Managing Director heads the Management Committee made off three director’s functions:
1. Agronomy and Sourcing
2. Finance and Administration
• Lead and sustain the Management committee of the company
• Undertake all company management responsibilities both from legal and organisational point of view
• Full P&L and balance sheet responsibility
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, the relevant forecasts
• Enhance, develop and optimise business processes, policies and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and contribution to develop a business plan
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the companies’ goals
• Assess/fire/hire key staff members
• Identify key deliverables and implement KPI to measure performance
• Enable the relevant reporting and information to the board of director as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Establish fair relations build on partnership with external partners as well as employees
• Ensure full legal, statutory and international standards compliance
• Product development
• Networking, public relations
• Bachelor / Master in relevant fields
• 5+ years working experience
• 3+ years’ experience in leading a team, preferably in food/organic products
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Relevant (West) Africa experience managing employees
• Candidate with a long-term aspiration to live in Lome, Togo
• Familiar and enjoying dealing with producers, clients, stakeholders
• Great reporting skills
• Strong soft skills and understanding of African cultural challenges
• French & English (written and spoken)
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director in Togo? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Location: Chamba / Lome - Togo
Reporting to: Managing Director/Director General
Size of team 4 direct, 800 employees indirect reports
Our client is zooming in on economically viable and sustainable business. They develop activities in Togo food crop production and processing. The client has two factories in Togo. The factories combined have a processing capacity of over 5000 tons of Raw Cashew Nuts per year. In 2016 – the factories processed roughly 2000 tons of RCN. t There are about 800 employees processing these nuts. The processed nuts are for the export market.
We are looking for a head of production to have oversight on both factories. This person should be a senior manager, with an affiliation with Africa and good leadership-, coaching, communicative skills (intercultural) and good financial insight. It is critical that this leader has lean manufacturing experience to establish and reinforce best practices at our client.
For the daily running of the operation we are recruiting a Head of Production for the plants in Togo. The purpose of the job is to ensure the future of the company and to make sure it is profitable, with a focus on productivity and quality. Our client has over 10 years of experience in processing Cashew Nuts and has grow organically from processing 40 Tons/Year in 2005 to 2000 tons/Year in 2016. However, the company now has ambition to grow to 5000-10000 Tons processed per year – and the leadership of the company believes that an experienced Lean Manufacturing Leader is required to take the company to the next level.
The company wants to be best in class in RCN purchasing, processing, in CNSL processing – not just with conventional kernels but also in the fair trade and organic markets.
• Oversees and manage all operations of production.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in processing.
• Puts in place Lean Manufacturing best practices in both factories in Tchamba and Blitta.
• Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial reports and forecasts
• Responsible for business processes and optimisation and internal controls
• Strategy formulation and implementation and development of business plan
• Coach the management team on production plans
• Help, support and coach the managers in achieving the company’s goals
• Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Identify key deliverables and implement weekly KPI to measure performance
• Make financial and production reports for the managing director and shareholders, as well as for international banks and other stakeholders.
• Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock level
• Senior Manager with 10+ years of experience in a management role, with a strong focus on operations
• Some knowledge of financial principles and procedures, such as making budgets and financial reporting.
• Experience in working in (West) Africa
• Industrial background, process management
• Good understanding of the English and French language written and spoken
• Must be a visionary and lead by example
• Should be a customer-oriented and result-driven person
• Good communication skills
• Enthusiastic, accurate
• Structured in work methodology
• Stress resistant and flexible
• € 40.000 nett per annum
• Vehicle, Housing, International Insurance
• Performance based bonus of € 5.000
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Project Delegate and Country Representative (m/f/d), who is responsible for a joint German Red Cross / Togolese Red Cross (TRC) capacity building project, funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The main focus of the project is on piloting DRR and climate change adaptation measures. In cooperation with TRC, GRC seeks to build capacities and support local and national structures to reduce negative impacts of climate change and to sustain (natural) resource management in Togo. The project has been started in January 2019 and was originally planned to end in December 2021. An extension for an additional three years is currently being considered.
Starting date: 1st December 2020
Duration: until December 2021 (with possible extension)
Location: Lomé, Togo
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide technical support to TRC staff in the field of climate change adaptation and DRR
- Strengthen TRC’s capacities and advocacy role in the response to disasters and climate change
- Ensure regular monitoring of project implementation including the collection and analysis of data for indicator based reporting and project controlling
- Ensure accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking according to GRC and BMZ requirements
- Ensure quality and timely narrative and financial reporting in compliance with GRC and BMZ regulations
- Ensure visibility and information sharing on the project
- Contribute to strengthen team spirit and a conducive workplace environment
- Actively engage in elaborating a concept for a next phase and preparation of a concept note and proposal
- Represent the GRC office in Togo towards TRC as well as the embassy, other organisations and Togolese authorities.
- Ensure proper coordination within the RCRC movement and beyond
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in implementation and coordination of humanitarian aid activities
- Experience in DRR and climate change adaptation measures
- Experience in cooperating with local organisations / capacity building
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods
- Experience in managing donor funded projects (BMZ and Auswärtiges Amt experience will be a strong asset)
- Experience in financial management and using finance tools and booking systems
- Strong skills in networking, negotiation and advocacy
- Proven capacity in operational and structural planning of capacity building projects, M&E activities, as well as mainstreaming new concepts and approaches
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Ability to train and guide local staff and community volunteers, and provide technical support
- Oral and written fluency in French and English is a must; knowledge of German would be an asset
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office (esp WORD, Excel & Powerpoint),
- Readiness to travel to and work in remote areas
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving Licence
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment and last but not least a comprehensive training package as well as briefings prior, during and after your mission will complete your employment.
Are you interested in becoming a Project Delegate and Country Representative in Togo? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.