JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is specialised in retail, logistics and hospitality services, working across the globe. For their marketing in Sudan they are looking for a Country Manager.
To develop and manage the companies clients activities in Sudan and potential neighbouring countries, its profitability and key customers and Suppliers, in order that the company growth and subsequent profit expectations are met. The candidate sets and monitors the strategic direction, ensuring compatibility with company objectives and key customer requirements. He/ she optimises business opportunities through excellent relationships, manages the business portfolio and explores business opportunities in Sudan and surrounding countries for business diversification.
• Follow all applicable policies and procedures required for the successful execution of the job.
• Lead on implementation of the companies IMS Policy and meet the requirements of the organization’s Integrated Management System which is compliant to international standards for Quality (ISO 9001), Food Safety (ISO 22000), Occupational Health & Safety (OHSAS 18001), and Environmental Management System (ISO 14001).
• Cooperate with internal and External auditors.
• Make recommendations for continual improvement and support improvement initiatives the company undertakes.
• Determines the overall strategy and direction for the Company and reviews regularly to ensure compatibility with company objectives, vision and mission and customer requirements.
• Sets the procedures and operational policies and ensures adherence.
• Establishes and maintains excellent relationships with Customers, and undertakes high level negotiations regarding issues such as contract awards.
• Manages Divisional performance by reviewing daily reports on sales and gross profit to ensure that targets are being met, and seeking justification for any variances.
• Reviews performance regularly via reports and monthly meetings, and takes appropriate measures to ensure maximum performance.
Managing Key Customers
• Maintains key responsibility for the management of key customers and development of their accounts.
• Negotiates the appropriate structure, responsibilities and lines of communications between Company and Key Customer Groups.
• Manages staff in accordance with the agreed policies and budgets of the company and handles all necessary disciplinary matters and staff issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Identifies and initiates staff development to meet business needs and arranges appropriate training through HR Dept. Acts as a role model and coaches more junior staff in the company values and behaviour expected from staff.
• Provides leadership and sound people management practices to build a motivated and productive team capable of providing outstanding customer service.
• Oversees the monitoring of the working environment to ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met and adhered to in order to ensure the safety of all staff and visitors to premises.
• Identifies and investigates new business opportunities, both locally and overseas, in response to analysis and assessment of the market. Travels abroad when required to review all potential opportunities.
• Carries out detailed operational and financial analysis of potential business opportunities, once identified.
• Takes lead role in preparation and submission of solicitations and requests for proposal/ quote.
• Identifies and ensures the early adoption of new technologies and transfer of knowledge and best practices between operations.
• Reviews business process to improve performance, streamline activities and drive speed, accuracy and automation.
• Benchmarks company performance against best in class on an international level. Introduces new ideas and thinking.
Required to work as per the requirement of the business with 2 days off if the business allows it. Needs to work out-of-hours when meeting and entertaining business partners & principals. Needs to travel abroad when needed especially in support of activities that are benefiting Djibouti.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Country manager will report to the VP – Operations in any aspects of his duty
• Internal contact with the Division VP, EVP, Chief Executive and Chief Financial Controller.
• Being able to communicate effectively with Customer, suppliers, JV partners, Government Agencies, Key Customers and Trade partners, Ministries, Lawyers and other external consultants as per the company policy and work ethics.
FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
• Ensures work is carried out according to the companies Code of business conduct Works within budgetary limits as per the Authority Matrix and sets the strategy and direction for the Associate Company.
• Produces business reviews and reports for submission to the VP, EVP and COO, CFO, and the Board as appropriate and as required.
• Reports on macro-economic or political factors that may impact on trade or risk profile of existing or new operations.
• Liaises with other company Divisions when necessary to ensure the smooth coordinated progress of new initiatives requiring their input.
• Monitors and controls the working capital and profit & loss, and regularly reviews overhead performance with Managers.
• Manages relationship with Banks and Financial Institutions.
• Oversees and controls debtor levels weekly by reviewing debtor status reports and seeking justification from Department Managers on any areas of concern.
• Manages the cash flow
• Carries out financial ratio analysis and action
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Graduate in Business related subject.
• Specialised / Professional qualifications in finance & business.
• Analyse data to identify trends & business opportunities
• Financial Awareness
• Supplier Relationship Management, WMS, Oracle Systems
• Excellent spoken and written in Arabic and English, French is preferred
• Contract Management
• Proven success in managing, developing and motivating staff
• French / Djibouti / East Africa Commercial & Employment laws
• More than 10 years in a large, dynamic organisation with an international Supply Chain.
• Young entrepreneur with interpersonal, Business development
• Financial skills and strong managerial skills
• Needs to know how to manage a SBU or P&L and do reports
• Experience in preparing a Bid
• Needs to understand the basics of catering
• Well versed in logistics, procurement and purchasing
• Having a Retail background is needed
• Status - Family
• Basic Salary
• Living Allowance
• Telephone allowance
• Accommodation, Medical Insurance
• Annual Bonus
• Max of 1-month basic salary based on Annual Performance evaluation
• Leaving Indemnity - Per local Labour law
• Leave Ticket - Economy class
• There is no Rotation for this position
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Sudan? Apply now through the ‘Apply Now’ button.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated, independent and experienced Finance Manager / General Affairs Manager to work with ZOA in Sudan. ZOA Sudan and its partners currently implement a diverse portfolio of large scale agriculture, integrated water resource management and education projects across the Darfur and Gederaf States of Sudan. ZOA Sudan is one of the largest INGOs operating in the country.
ZOA Sudan's key donors include DFID (UKAid), ECHO, The EU Delegation to Sudan, OFDA, and UN.
The Manager General Affairs is responsible for effective and efficient management and control of all supportive processes in the country organisation. This includes finances, HR, logistics, and IT.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Monitor and support program organisations on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Supervise staff recruitment processes;
- Ensures Terms & Conditions of employment comply with local legal requirements;
- Ensures gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
- Contribute to the Country Annual Plan (CAP), with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial and HR sections;
- Preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports at country organisation and program organisation level.
- Implementation of IT policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Monitoring and evaluation of logistical and procurement policies and procedures and its compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations.
- Bachelor degree in financial management or auditing and HR;
- Experience in managing finance systems and practices in a non-profit environment and influenced by external donor requirements;
- Good command of English is essential;
- Experience in general management;
- Experience with monitoring partners in consortia is an added advantage
- Preferably some cross cultural experience in a development setting.
Skills and Attitude
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Alerts the CD and finance manager when financial problems, issues, risks arise including fraud;
- Flexible conduct;
- Good communicator.
- Duty station is in Karthoum.
ZOA offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country. ZOA provides for good benefits and remuneration. For more information about our organisation please visit our website: www.zoa-international.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.