JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client requires the skills of technical Intermediate or Senior C# Developers. There are a number of project opportunities for technically strong C# technologists within this environment in Johannesburg. All applicants have to complete and pass their technical test in their application. This is the first challenge that they ask potential candidates to undertake. The test is very technical with a strong theoretical component.
Technical knowledge for Intermediate C# Developer:
* Working Knowledge of web services and net pipe services for .Net - WCF
* Working knowledge of configuration of service hosts and service endpoints for .Net – WCF
* Working knowledge of .Net ASP and basic setup of web applications
* Ability to write simple unit tests
* B degree or diploma or related qualification
* Matric Maths on higher grade
* Essential attributes and technologies
* 2-5 years of C# 3.5 experience
* Knowledge of CSS
* Solid HTML / XML
* MSSQL DBMS 2008 or 2005
* Basic interaction and understanding of best practices of SQL
* Flexible and able to work under pressure
* Ability to prioritise work
* Team player
* Assign work
* Sound analytical and problem solving skills
* Effective verbal and written communication within team and client
*Market related Cost to Company package based on experience and technical expertise.
* Upto SAR 700k per annum gross
* Work permit is arranged and paid for
Our client delivers project based solutions to a variety of their clients in different industries. Their staff are based at the project locations. Some are based at their head office in Johannesburg. The location of the vacancy is therefore not a guarantee as new projects may arise at any time.
* B. degree
* matric maths higher grade
Our client builds and invests in tech businesses targeting South African and African consumers, with a growing portfolio of high-growth online companies.
They focus on:
• rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution
• strong operational focus
• implementing global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
• Teams cover all aspects of business, including operations, marketing, finance, data and software.
The quality of our talent and teams is the most important driver of our long-term success.
A vacancy exists for an experienced Procurement Manager to manage the company’s supply of products and services and act as a central procurement resource within the group.
This role will be a 6-month fixed term contract position.
The Procurement Manager’s responsibilities include:
• working with portfolio companies in order to strategise and find cost-effective deals with suppliers thereby cutting procurement expenses and reducing spend.
This role will be Cape Town based and offers the incumbent the opportunity to join a vibrant Silicon Valley style business, working with a young, non-hierarchical and fast-moving team.
About the Role
This role will focus on the following:
• Development and management of procurement strategies
• Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate procurement partnerships.
• Manage the supplier relationship and negotiate advantageous terms with external vendors.
• Analyse market price and products for competitiveness.
• Evaluate existing contracts and agreements with suppliers.
• Control spend and assist to build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
Key qualifications and skills:
• Relevant commercial tertiary degree e.g. Supply chain management, Logistics, Business administration.
• 10+ years’ experience in procurement/commercial role e.g. Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer, Head of Procurement.
• FMCG or Retail industry background
• Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in ‘reading’ the market.
• Profound skills in negotiation tactics and networking
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience in managing a team
• Computer literacy in MS office with advanced excel skills.
• Strong numerical skills.
• Experience in collecting and analyzing data
• Experience in dealing with complexity and managing a high volume of suppliers
• Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile and is likely to include a base salary with incentives for reducing spend.
Are you interested in becoming a Group Procurement Manager in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
An exciting e -commerce business is looking to recruit an MD with a focus in Sales into the team. The incumbent would be a member of the core management team and participate in driving the Sales strategy for the business. You need to be able to think strategically as well as operationally and have strong people management skills.
As the MD of Sales your responsibilities would include:
• Compiling and analysing sales figures
• Build and Lead a sales team.
• Ensure exceptional customer service is provided to clients
• Oversee sales controls and reporting.
• Ensure that the sales platform is fully utilised.
• Monitoring your team's performance and motivating them to reach targets
• Support marketing and product development teams with regards to insights.
• Build and drive company culture.
• Relevant business related tertiary degree.
• 5 -7 years years experience in a similar role for small to medium size businesses in FMCG, Retail, Ecommerce, Pharmaceutical, Banking.
• Commercial and financial understanding
• Results driven with high energy levels and commitment
• Negotiation skills
• Both an operational and a strategic thinker.
• A strong team player.
• An outgoing personality, confident, outspoken and gregarious.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Computer literate, Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
• The opportunity to join a talented team.
Are you interested in becoming a Managing Director Sales in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client we are looking for employees who show initiative, creativity, motivation and interest in a demanding and versatile job. We are searching for a Senior Business Development Manager (m/f) Sub-Saharan Africa to manage turn-key projects for modern poultry production, including erection and assembly of the corresponding buildings and systems.
About the job:
Your main challenge will be developing distribution channels and service structures for the different countries of Sub-Saharan Africa. In this role, you will cooperate closely with your colleagues from Sales and Management as well as the relevant customers in the agricultural sector. Your shared goal: creating regional structures that will allow us to place our products successfully on the market in the long term, based on their different types of application for livestock operations.
You ideally already have some experience in the agricultural sector and on the African continent and have acquired marketing and sales know-how in the past. Your skills and traits include a professional knowledge of MS Office, fluency in English (Portuguese skills are considered an advantage), high willingness to travel, entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivation and a clear focus on the customer.
Accept the challenge and benefit from opportunities for your personal development with a world market leader as well as from the security of a down-to-earth, family-owned company!
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Business Development Manager in South Africa? Apply now through the 'Apply Now' button.
We are recruiting for one of South Africa's best-loved e-commerce destinations. Almost 20 years ago they launces and is South Africa’s leading e-commerce FMCG store, selling the widest range of their products across South Africa.
They are in need of a dynamic Marketing Manager to join the team.
The incumbent will be responsible for driving sales through effective management of all marketing channels; strategizing and execution of campaigns to drive customer acquisition and increased brand awareness. This individual will need to have an understanding of the customer requirements in order to define the goals for user experience; and work closely with merchandise and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met to ultimately improve brand loyalty.
The company is owned by a company that builds and invests in Internet-enabled businesses targeting South African and African consumers. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, and implement global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
About the Role
The role will include the following deliverables:
Plan and co-ordinate email marketing
• Manage the email marketing calendar and brief merchandisers on the offers required to drive sufficient revenue and desired brand perception
• Direct and oversee the design and coding of emailers
• Schedule emailers and manage the email database wrt list size and segmentation
Budgeting & Channel reporting
• Monitor margins and identify problems to relate to merchandise, operations, customer service or marketing spend
• Assess and Manage the efficiency of marketing spend per channel
• Monthly revision of marketing budget
Customer acquisition and retention
• Source new partnerships and campaigns to drive brand awareness and generate new leads
• Monitor email database size and interactions - list size, open rates, clicks and related customer service tickets
• Manage the wine club and curate monthly selections
• Soft marketing efforts to improve brand positioning, brand awareness and retain the various customer segments
Website Manage banners and promotions on the homepage
• Monitor sold out products, basket reservations and mixed cases and relate to merchandise to manage
• Creating and managing new campaign and category landing pages for promotions
• Front-end features to improve UX: Research, design & brief dev on long-term new front-end features & improvements.
• Manage the team/pool as to achieve set performance goals and effectively contribute to team performance
• Actively identify problem areas within workflow and improve processes where necessary
• Transfer knowledge and skill and encourage design-related learning outside the company
Key qualifications and skills:
• Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 3-5 years in a Marketing or Brand manager role, in retail, beverages, FMCG or similar consumer-facing environment.
• Exceptional skills in the Digital Marketing space as well as in Traditional Marketing.
• Previous experience in an online/ecommerce environment highly beneficial.
• Understanding of South African retail consumers, and preferably an understanding of online consumers.
• Business acumen, data driven and numeric.
• Passion and interest in the wine industry.
• Initiative, enthusiasm, commitment to the role, and pro-activity.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile
Our client is an investor in the tech business targeting African consumers.
Build a Silicon Valley-style startup in Africa! Are you a top-tier leader looking to build a disruptive business and create a lasting legacy, using technology and disciplined execution to change the way people do business across the continent?
We're looking for a FOUNDER and CEO to lead a new Pan-African service-focused startup, headquartered in Cape Town and aggressively rolling out a common model, proven elsewhere in the world, into leading African markets.
You need to be young and hungry to create something new and entrepreneurial, with a track record of leading people in frontier markets.
About the role:
The role is to drive the creation and growth of a B2B and B2B2C service-oriented startup into key African markets. Over coming months and years, the role will involve the following activities:
• Phase 1: Building on initial research, refine and detail the business model and go-to-market strategy for the startup, based on leading global examples but modified for relevance to Africa
• Phase 2: With the companies support, recruit the rest of the founding team and start the build-test-refine cycle for the business model
• Phase 3: Launch in key markets in South, West and East Africa, with headquarters and product team based in Cape Town, and sales, marketing and customer relationships teams to be recruited in each target market
• Phase 4: Drive disciplined execution and rapid growth across the continent, with frequent travel and careful talent management in each location.
Key qualifications and skills:
• Tertiary qualification of at least Bachelors level, and strong history of academic and personal accomplishment
• Experience in a frontier market (Africa, S/SE Asia, etc.) in market expansion, strategic or similar role
• Strong desire and willingness to travel to African countries frequently
• Strong people management skills, including recruiting and managing teams of varying profiles
• A thinker and innovator as well as an executor willing to get hands-on
• Experience with new economy/internet
• African background and experience
• As founder and owner, most of your long-term compensation will come from a large equity stake
• Salary will cover daily expenses and will depend on the candidate’s profile
• Some personal investment into the business is highly encouraged to get "skin in the game," but not necessarily required.
Are you interested in becoming a Founder and CEO in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Factory Manager Soybean Oil production
Our clients vision is to unlock the potential of African agriculture through food processing, whilst they transform the lives of millions of Africans economically, socially and spiritually.
Currently our client has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified, well-motivated and driven individual to fill a role of Factory Manager for their Soybean Oil Production.
Purpose: To ensure that the operating profit of the Operating business unit complies with the required return on assets. Efficient running of the overall plant design capacity.
• Relevant Tertiary degree preferably a post graduate qualification
• Minimum of 10 years’ managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge on soybean oil production and hexane extraction of oil
• Have worked in solvent (hexane) extraction plants before
• Familiar with edible oil refining
• Prior experience in boilers
• Familiar with extrusion of vegetable protein can be seen as advantage
• Should have worked in MHI (major hazardous installation) before
• Should have worked in highly unionised environment previously
• Financially capable for budgetary control and reporting
• Worked on food safety in the past
• Mechanically inclined
• Must have handled large and complex teams in the past
• Ability to lead diverse teams, problem solving, interpersonal skills, crisis management / communication
• Identify the cause of poor cash flow, return on nett assets and business unit profits
• Operate plant within the approved budget for each business unit (Fixed and Variable)
• Achieving sales volumes as per budget of each Business Unit i.e: Extraction, Packing, Refinery, Texturized Vegetable Protein
• Achieving standard as set by Quality Assurance
• Efficient use of designed plant parameters (Coal / Paraffin Hexane / Electricity / Water / Overtime)
• Obtain favorable audit report on all compliance and risk matters
• Maintain high performance culture and contribute towards skills development of the workforce
• Build positive relations with Unions and stakeholders
Location and benefits
• South Africa
• Salary 1,3 mln ZAR a year, excluding additional package
Our client is a cassava processor with operations in Mozambique and active projects leading to an expansion into West Africa in the near future. Its mission is to become a Pan-African cassava processor that strengthens and transforms African agricultural through ethical and sustainable sourcing. Their key differentiator is the approach and a unique mobile processing technology that enables a significant direct impact on small holding farmers and their families whilst guaranteeing highest quality products.
The Financial Director will work directly with the Managing Director to identify, evaluate and setup new operations across sub-Saharan Africa and to manage existing and new operations. The position will involve three primary functions:
(1) support the Managing Director on investment planning (for new operational sites and countries or expansion projects);
(2) consolidate the financials of various companies (company per country operating in plus main holding company);
(3) support financial and operational staff within each country.
The vacancy is open strictly to French speaking candidates, willing to be based/located in South Africa (Pretoria) for the first year and after this based in West Africa (Ivory Coast or Nigeria)
▪ Must be a Chartered Accountant (CA)SA
▪ Master degree in accounting or business administration will be an advantage
▪ Relevant degree/tertiary education
▪ Minimum 10 years’ financial management and/or business experience
▪ Knowledge of the African continent ▪ Proven record as CFO for major company or division of a medium to large corporation
▪ Good communication skills
▪ Planning and organizing skills
▪ Ability to analyse and interpret information
Are you interested in becoming a Financial Director? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.