JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Solar PV Project Manager
JobnetAfrica has been retained by a strong player in the sector of building, construction and public works which have experienced sustained growth throughout the last decade. For global projects (at the moment in West Africa), they are looking for a Project Manager to manage a large solar project.
- Coordination and management of the construction works of photovoltaic parks (over 10 MWp);
- Planning and control of the execution plan on site;
- Technical support during the conception phase of the various projects;
- Coordination of work teams.
- Academic formation in Electrotechnical Engineering or similar;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in the construction of photovoltaic solar parks;
- Accumulated experience of at least 200 MWp in the construction of photovoltaic solar parks;
- Experience in construction of a photovoltaic solar park of at least 75 MWp;
- Fluent in the English language;
- Availability for international travel.
Are you interested in becoming a Solar PV Project Manager? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Title: VP Finance
Place of Work: Kigali – Rwanda
Reporting to: CEO
Tentative start date: ASAP
Contract length: Open Ended
Who We Are
Inyenyeri is a for-profit corporation with a social business charter focused on providing a healthy renewable energy solution in Rwanda that can be replicated across sub-Saharan Africa. Inyenyeri uses a fuel-side, or utility company, approach to ensure that even the poorest Rwandan households have access to clean cooking fuel and high quality gasifying cook stoves. Inyenyeri’s revenue stream is derived from the sale of biomass cooking fuel pellets. Our solution is a cleaner, healthier, faster, cheaper and more sustainable alternative to charcoal and wood cooking. Inyenyeri has a current staff complement of approximately 164 staff.
About the Role
Inyenyeri seeks highly motivated and experienced professionals to fill the position of VP Finance, who will required providing financial management leadership services to the Company.
• Understanding the strategic direction of the Company, providing high level, proactive financial expertise and leadership to the company as a whole and direction for both short and long term financial planning.
• Advising the CEO and Board of Directors on the financial implications, of business/project activities.
• Developing finance related materials for Board Meetings and assisting CEO in developing any additional materials for Board Meetings
• Playing a proactive role in the process of business planning, in collaboration with C-level and VP level of the company, with geographic scope widening from Rwanda to Sub-Sahara Africa;
• Leading the design and implementation of the structure of financial team and all financial operations of the company.
• Providing internal leadership and direction to direct reports within the Finance Division.
• Assisting in recruiting new personnel for the department and develop training models for the department's staff.
• Training the finance department and other staff in financial management matters.
• Responsibility for the Financial Accountability of the business
• Actively managing company cash flow and generating relevant cash flow projections and forecasting.
• Directing all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting.
• Maintaining internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and project budgets and actual expenditures.
• Preparing of periodic management and statutory financials.
• Overseeing timely and accurate reporting and payment of taxes, including VAT, PAYE and RSSB and annual income taxes
• Being in charge of the budgeting, budgetary control and forecasting process.
• Coordinating annual audits with Company auditors.
• Overseeing the production of monthly reports including reconciliations as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by management, as well as the Board of Directors.
• Overseeing the development of standardized Cost of Goods sold and variance analysis
• Assisting in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
• Investigating cost-effective benefit plans and other benefits, which the company may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining high performance individuals.
• Consistently analysing financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicating monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitoring progress and changes and keeping senior leadership abreast of the company’s financial status.
• Managing and monitoring all aspects of company accounts receivable and payable.
• Managing timely computation, payment and submission of all statutory deductions while ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements.
• Overseeing business insurance plans and coverage analysis.
• Overseeing the maintenance of the inventory of all assets.
• Manage the capital needs and capital budgeting process for the company.
• Develop recommendations for currency risk management and procedures for currency conversion.
• Actively contributing to the strategy to meet the financing needs of the company, in close collaboration with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO).
• Assisting the CIO in preselecting funds, investors and financial institutions, and, on ‘project’ basis, managing an opportunity till closure.
• Driving the effort to get export financing & insurance facilities from European development agencies.
• Managing the relationship with selected financial partners.
• With the CIO, developing materials for potential investors including presentations and data rooms.
• Developing and implementing comprehensive policies for financial operations and guidelines.
• Ensuring that all finance guidelines and related administrative procedures are adhered to.
• Overseeing all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP/IFRS standards and regulatory requirements.
• Back stopping the accounting team and the quality assurance of the accounting system.
• Applying and demonstrating high quality financial and other related management controls.
• Abiding by, observing and at all times complying with and giving effect to the terms and conditions of the Investment Agreements and ensuring that the Company does not in any way violate or fail to comply with its obligations thereunder.
• Participating in the Operational Review meetings and represent the finance division in those meetings.
• Primary interface on all banking, treasury and board-level presentations.
• Preparing terms of reference and overseeing the consultancy in the field of the financial advisory firms to be engaged by the Company.
• Ensuring adherence to accounting standards and legal compliances.
• Assisting in the development and implementation the company's ESOP program.
• Keeping track of the company's debt and equity capitalization tables, including options granted under the company's ESOP.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Inyenyeri values
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals, takes responsibility for own personal development
• Engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
• Displays consistent excellent judgment
• Acts in the best interests of Inyenyeri
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in finance function in a for profit organization, of which > 3 years in financial analysis of which >3 years in a senior managerial position;
• Experience in structuring and monitoring equity investments and loans;
• Experience in shaping finance organizations and systems in at least one organization;
• Proven track record in structuring export finance deals with European agencies, in collaboration with suppliers is a pre;
• Having worked in international organizations with various forms and maturity of governance;
• Work experience in at least three out of five EAC countries a real pre;
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or business analytics;
· Follow-up courses in finance, governance.
· English a must; Swahili and Kinyarwanda will be an added value.
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the position title heading in the subject line: “VP Finance”
The deadline for receiving applications is 1st September 2018
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Premium job
About the job
In a context of development and growth of its activity, our client is looking for a Project Manager. The new PM will be responsible for overseeing the rural electrification projects.
- Tracking and monitoring project progress to make sure high levels of quality, operational efficiency and cost effective management of resources
- Identifying potential dependencies, constraints and risks over the course of the project and developing ways to manage such issues effectively
- Preparation of detailed project plans and take effective steps to meet the targets
- Overseeing electrical distribution system on site and manage the installation of all the electrical systems
- Working together with the technical teams.
- Handling material verification and quality inspection as per standard
- Coordinate with all stakeholders for activities related to the project such as progress reports, invoicing, imports, etc.
- Ensure projects are implemented
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (Preferably Telecoms, Civil, Electronics, Electrical)
- Nice to have: post graduate or MBA business administration or project management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in minigrid work and LV/ MV line construction
- Great communicator and used to managing multiple tasks
- Problem-solving team player with great management skills
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Tanzania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
JobnetAfrica is recruiting an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead and execute our client's financial and investment strategy and to perform effective risk management.
Our client is active in the clean energy sector.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning
- Establish, execute, and manage the capital investment plan and strategy
- Perform a risk management and mitigation plan by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Prepare (and improve if necessary) internal and external monthly financial reports including forecasts as per company financial policies and procedures
- Set up in place a comprehensive dashboard to map all the duties to meet the expectations and obligations from current and future investors
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Establish and develop relations with banks, lenders, equity providers, donors and financial institutions
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Prepare and lead the budgeting process
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the company’s operations
- Keep track of the company’s path to profitability milestones and ensure ongoing profitability of the business
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Direct audit and compliance activities
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
The CFO must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
- Proven experience (2-3 years) as CFO, finance officer, finance director or other relevant role in a SME
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, business economics or other relevant field
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Sound knowledge around business, its financial dynamics and regulatory requirements across tax/commercial/banking/exchange regulations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP, ERP)
- Hands-on financial modelling
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Strong appeal to the Renewable Energy sector
- Great deal of personal motivation to improve the living conditions of other men and women.
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Cameroon? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reports to: Managing Director
The role of Senior Manager is to provide senior leadership across the whole organizationand to lead it towards a mature and healthy organisation.
As the Senior Manager you will be responsible for overall leadership of the organisation, the longer-term strategy and improving day to day operations.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for the development of the organisation's team, attracting talent into the organisation and making sure the products and services the company offers surpass the expected standards. This is a social enterprise and you will be monitoring the social impact of the work and you will also oversee the financial viability of the business model. You will also be building an operating and business model that is scalable in other cities. You will be the spokesperson for the organisation, with a wide variety of stakeholders and you will liaise with and report to the Holding company in Europe.
• Financial: Reaching a positive operational result by end 2020 and improve financial reporting processes.
• Operations: Implementing a operational excellence program.
• Sales: With the successful implementation of the plant performance, sales should increase.
• Innovation: Overseeing the launch of new products and process improvements.
• Strategy: Implementing a medium-term strategy which gives direction and purpose to the organisation in Ghana.
• Data: Enhancing a data driven culture within the organisation, which will enable properly informed decision making and impact monitoring.
• People: Creating a positive culture that supports the goals of the business. To develop and train a strong team.
• Stakeholder management and Business development: Representing the Ghana office and actively engaging with the many organisations and government representatives. Explore opportunities and lay the ground to further replicate the service model in other parts in Ghana.
• Process management and Reporting: Ensure reporting tools and platforms are utilized and and that reporting deadlines are respected by the team.
1. To ensure good HR policies are developed, practiced and documented in a staff handbook;
2. To manage all staff and staff administration according to the agreed policies, including recruitment and staff performance;
3. To meet all Ghanaian rules and regulations regarding employment, and occupational health and safety;
4. To encourage professional development programmes for all staff;
5. To prepare a monthly Management Report;
6. To organise weekly staff and management meetings;
7. To make sure that ICT and information systems are regularly maintained and working at all times.
1. To lead the development of the company’s strategy for Ghana together with the local team and the European branch;
2. To represent the company in meetings with Ministries, other government agencies, NGO’s and the private sector in Ghana with the aim to expand the business to new locations in Ghana;
3. To build strategic partnerships and to manage formal partnership agreements with government agencies, corporates, educational institutions and NGO’s;
1. To develop an annual operating budget plan and budget, together with the MD, for approval by the board
2. To oversee the work of the Finance Manager and report monthly on the finances
3. To manage the income and expenditures
4. To ensure accounts are prepared for an annual audit
5. To make recommendations to the MD for best asset management
6. To manage, procure and dispose of all the company's assets, for example the vehicles.
Innovation, Project Management and R&D
● Define the goals and deliverables that support local and international business, together with senior management and stakeholders.
● To finalize projects according to strict deadlines and budgets
● Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
● Organise project management meetings
● Monitor contractual compliance
● Developing lessons learnt and defining the steps to be taken after the project is finished.
Essential skills and experience
● Senior business development and programme background, preferably in sanitation engineering, environmental engineering, agriculture or similar sectors.
● Strong preference in managing teams in developing emerging markets
● Minimum of 8 years senior management experience
● Strong leadership and team building qualities and contributing to a positive team culture.
● Experience with performance management matrix
● Excellent communication skills both orally and written. Experience in building relationships at senior levels of businesses and governments.
● Strong work ethic
● Highly organized, problem solver and results driven
● Focused, decisive and attention to detail
● Good interpersonal skills
● Pro-active nature
● Financially literate
● Innovative and flexible
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The Supervisory Board
Our client has a two-tier board structure in accordance to a European corporate governance framework, with a Supervisory Board (non-executive) and Management Board (executive). The Supervisory Board is responsible for supervising the Management Board’s activities in developing and implementing the business strategy and managing the principle risks associated with it. The Supervisory Board supervises the policies carried out by the management board and the general affairs of the company, with focus on the effectiveness of the company’s internal risk management and control systems and the integrity and quality of the financial reporting.
The Supervisory Board Directors shall always act independently and in the best interests of the company, and to that end, shall weigh the relevant interests of all the company’s stakeholders, including clients, staff and shareholders. The Chair of the Supervisory Board works with the CEO to set the agenda of the Supervisory Board meetings and chairs the meeting, stimulating and open and balanced discussion. Their role is to make sure that supervision and support are effective, proactive and constructive, based on a deep understanding of the company, its customers and the business environment.
The supervisory board will be expected to self-evaluate its own performance and that of its committees on an annual basis on the following four categories:
i. Strategy and business;
ii. Monitoring and risk management;
iii. Board dynamics and processes; and
iv. Composition and diversity.
We are seeking three new Directors for the Supervisory Board, including the role of the Chair.
We are seeking to create a strong and effective Supervisory Board with experience and track record in the African renewable energy sector, relevant subject matter expertise and corporate governance. Between the three positions, we are looking for the following key characteristics:
Direct experience in the renewable energy sector, preferably in Africa, either in an operational role or as an investor / lender role in the sector
Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably East Africa
Strong credit management expertise and experience
Relevant qualifications and experience in Finance and Accounting to Chair the company's Audit Committee (sub-committee of the Supervisory Board)
Experience with strategic sale, corporate financing structures / SPVs
Experience with early stage companies and leading change management / transition programmes
Strong commercial mindset, with experience in building profitable businesses
Ugandan or regional candidates with the relevant business networks are strongly preferred especially if based in the region or willing to spend time in country to be closer to the management
Focus on safety, ethics and compliance
Prior experience as a Board Director; ideally with knowledge of corporate governance framework and demonstrated ability to apply corporate governance principles in Board roles (For the Chair role, >10 years C suite / Board Chair experience preferred)
Experience of working with multi-cultural teams
Strong inter-personal skills, ability to constructively challenge and support the management team
We are committed to create a diverse and inclusive Board and would welcome applications from candidates who bring gender and cultural diversity to the Board.
You are committed to building commercially sustainable businesses to address the energy challenge in Africa. You can think strategically and look at the bigger picture, but at the same time bring a sense of urgency to get things done. You encourage open and constructive debate but can prioritise decisions and actions. You will hold people accountable to deliver on their commitments. People love to work with you because you are candid, positive and respectful. You are resilient, can adapt to changes and used to working in challenging business environments.
What to expect
The Supervisory Board meets in person usually in Kampala (or Nairobi) every quarter, typically over 1.5 days. In additional to the formal Board meeting (typically a full day) this may include strategy sessions, subject matter sessions, Board committee meetings, wider staff engagements and field visit.
In addition, there is a monthly call (60-90 minutes) to review business performance and progress against business plan targets.
As part of the onboarding process, you will be expected to spend 2-3 days in Uganda in the headquarters and in the field to get acquainted with the market, the company and the team.
You may also be expected to Chair or participate in relevant committees or working groups.
There may be periods of heightened activity when you may have to join additional calls or meetings (eg around fund raising activities)
The appointment is for a period of two years, with the option to extend.
The company compensated the costs of travel and accommodation and offers and appropriate remuneration for your time.
The CEO designs a plan and leads the execution of the plan to lead the company to sustainable profitability. The CEO is successful when he/she has built an efficient team of leaders, that can work together to successfully design and execute a winning strategy for the company.
Reporting to the Supervisory Board, the CEO builds a sustainable foundation for profitable growth. Once proven in its home market, the organizational capacity has been built to successfully expand into new markets.
Key Profile priorities
• Proven Leadership experience ideally at C-level
• Turnaround / restructuring experience incl. change Management
• Strong commercial experience and track record
• Stakeholder Management (shareholders, lenders, public/government, etc)
• Experience of doing business in Uganda with local networks, preferably Ugandan national
• Experience in start-up environment an advantage
CEO JOB SPECIFICATIONS
1. The Role
a. Reporting to the Supervisory Board, the CEO is Responsible for the overall leadership of the Organization to lead the company to profitability and ensure a viable sustainable profitable business
a. Implementation of the strategic plan and business model to ensure the viability of the company and is subsidiaries
b. Leadership of the operating and functional units to ensure achievement of the plan
c. Ensuring the company remains competitive in the market place through continuous optimization and innovation
d. Continuous improvement of operational process and cost efficiencies
e. Annual plan formulation and setting and alignment with stakeholders.
f. The key point of contact with Shareholders, lenders, Grant Funders and Donors
g. Regular (monthly) Reporting to the Supervisory Board on company performance
3. Experience and Qualifications required
a. Strong/empathetic leader able to inspire an organisation to deliver the plan
b. Proven experience in leading a larger organisation, preferably at C-Level
c. Proven experience in having restructured or re modelled a business
d. Track record in driving cultural and leadership change
e. Strong Commercial experience with a delivery track record of growth
f. Proven experience in managing an organization in developing markets and driving growth in markets with low income customer base
g. Proven experience in having optimized costs and operating efficiencies
h. Proven experience in having driven and led a low-cost sourcing and procurement policy
i. Solid Understanding of financial instruments, Micro financing and debt equity management
j. Demonstrates tight cash and working capital leadership
k. Strong Stakeholder Management Skills, incl. Shareholders, lenders, Government institutions, donors
l. Strong preference would be for someone with experience in start-up environment
m. Preference would be for someone who has led an electric or component marketing organization
n. Masters or degree in Business/commercial/Financial management
Are you interested in becoming a CEO in Uganda? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
To plan, manage, coordinate and execute tasks and processes towards ensuring Release plants are evaluated, sized, designed and costed adequately, and delivered and tested in a technically compliant manner.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Operating System
a. Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the Release operating system
b. Establishment of standard processes and procedures, as well as marketing material for Release
c. Provide continuous input towards improvement and optimisation of the Release operating system
2. Support to Procurement Process
a. Participate to the definition and upgrade of standard design and technical solutions for Release
b. Support the Procurement team in technical evaluation of suppliers
c. Drive the simplification and standardisation of design
d. Participate to the validation process of standard solutions for Release
e. Attend tests and other assessments related to equipment
3. Support to Acquisition Phase of Release plants
a. Support the Release Sales team in technical screening new plant opportunities
b. Review technical input from potential Lessees to ensure the information / documentation provided is consistent and sufficient for an initial evaluation
c. Prepare Preliminary Designs that are used for submission of Indicative Offers: Yield studies, PV and storage sizing, interconnection principles.
d. Conduct pre-contract Site Visits and prepare Site Visit Reports
e. Review Site Visit Reports and prepare adjustments to Preliminary Designs.
f. Coordinate with Engineering, Design, Procurement and Installation teams to prepare Final Designs, in particular mini grid energy modelling, PV and storage final sizing, and interconnection details.
g. Ensure all technical parameters are incorporated in the Final Design
h. Support Procurement and Sales teams in defining Balance of Plant scope and costs
i. Manage the process to complete the technical schedules of Lease Agreements.
j. Support Sales team in negotiations of the Lease Agreement and lead with assistance to the PM to complete Project Documents, not only technical.
4. Support to Delivery Phase of Release plants
a. Ensure detailed engineering designs are implemented according to the Final Design.
b. Assess and approve design change requests
c. Provide technical support the Installation team
d. Support technical interactions with Lessee and other third parties involved at site.
e. Support the Installation team in the preparation and execution of Tests on Completion
f. Ensure that Plant related information and documentation is properly gathered and archived
5. Support to Lease Phase of Release plants
a. Provide technical support the Operation and Installation Team in problem solving.
b. Support the Installation team in the preparation and execution of the Planned Maintenance and yearly Performance Tests
6. Support to Demobilisation Phase of Release plants
a. Provide technical support the Installation Team in assessing the Plant and evaluating requirements for refurbishment or replacement of components
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Electrical / Electronical Engineering
- Degree in Electro Mechanical or Mechanical Engineering
- An excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Project Management Certificate
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Ability to work Independently and to multitask in a fast moving environment
• Analytical thinking
• Commercial Acumen
• Assertiveness and organisational skills
• High energy level and motivation.
• Proactive and initiative-taking
• Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity
• Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in across functional team
• High social and intercultural competence
• Speak and write English fluently. Other language skills like Spanish, German, French are an advantage
• Excellent report writing skills
• Sound knowledge of contracts related to energy generation projects•
- 3+ years electrical engineering experience
This includes the following:
- 5+ years project environment experience
- 3+ years electrical transmission/distribution experience with practical experience with power generation with Diesel /HFO
- 3+ years project/process management experience
- Practical experience in site electrical construction and/or operation
- Strong experience in diesel/HFO power generation
- Exposure to MV distribution
- Exposure to PV Project execution
- Experience in minigrid design, energy storage and hybrid solutions (i.e. multiple energy production sources)
• Should be available and accustomed to travel extensively internationally to 3rd world and developing countries
• Must be able to work in an open plan environment
• Must be able to work extended hours
• Valid driver’s licence
Are you interested in becoming a Project Engineer in South Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.