JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Reports to: Technical Director
Job spec: The Technical Site Manager has the responsibility for assuring technical management of an integrated production site for chemical production and food processing. The areas of work include but are not limited to:
1. Utilities: The site runs fully independently on own gas generators with back-up diesel generators. Borehole water with a water treatment plant, chilled water, compressed air and steam are being produced at site. 100% functionality of the utilities section is critical for the overall site functionality. This is a 24/7 operation.
2. Cooling: The food processing part of the production site includes a frozen warehouse and blast freezers with modern cooling technology. Temperature control, maintenance and overall management of the cooling equipment is crucial. This is also a 24/7 operation.
3. Maintenance: The Company operates at the site a large chicken slaughtering house, a plant for consumer chemicals, a plant for various glues, paint raw materials and food grade industrial raw materials. Preventive maintenance and troubleshooting for all equipment is required.
4. Workshop: a workshop facility is available with electricians, mechanics, welders etc. for the repair and maintenance, construction and installation works.
5. HSE: Health and safety are highest priority at a chemical production site. The Technical Site Manager needs to assure highest standards at any time. Furthermore, he needs to maintain full environmental compliance in regard to environmental standards and norms, including effluent water treatment.
6. Projects: The Company is on a fast growth trajectory with various new expansion projects ongoing, and new projects in the pipeline. The Technical Site Manager takes the lead in technical planning and implementation including civil works,
7. Administrative duties: Overlooking the technical / spare part store, guiding the spare part ordering process, scrutinize / negotiate quotations submitted by contractors.
Academic and Professional qualifications required are:
• Master in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related subject
• Certifications in relevant management topics are a bonus (Human Resources, HSE, maintenance, cooling, project management etc.)
• At least 10 years of experience in technical management of production sites, preferably with exposure to both food processing and chemicals.
• Emerging market experience preferably in Africa, alternatively in other markets with tropical climatic and business conditions
Compensation and benefits:
• Location of work is Lagos, Nigeria
• Housing in residential area (Ikeja) will be provided, includes all services, electricity, water
• Provision of personal steward for cleaning and cooking
• Provision of company car (Toyota Corolla) with personal driver
• International Health Insurance package
• 30 days of paid vacation
• One flight home for annual leave
• Local allowance of ca. USD 1,000 per month (in local currency)
• USD salary for monthly savings of USD 4,000 to 5,000 per month, depending on experience and qualification of candidate
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Site Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Our diverse team of over 60 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclays, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. We have raised more than $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
Our company values are Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility/Creativity, Integrity, and Passion.
The BForce Team Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and managing a team of sales and marketing personnel dedicated solely to the BForce project, designed at targeting mid-level traders to use BitPesa’s cross-border payments service. The candidate will work with the existing internal sales team to draft and formulate strategies and processes required to successfully implement the BitPesa BForce project. This short-term, contractual role serves as an exciting opportunity to help solve the pain points around cross-border payments affecting the mid-level trader (import/export) segment in Nigeria. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with senior management and analyzing sales metrics.
- Conduct market research on the behavior of mid-level traders and their foreign exchange needs
- Create and execute a customer acquisition plan including but not limited to outlining a list of target segments and 3 months conversion projections
- Adhere to the process set out by the company to generate leads and acquire clients
- Recruit and manage members of the BForce Team
- Responsible for the BForce Initiative from inception to the implementation phase while meeting set target and goals
- Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders, when required, to provide the necessary tools needed to ensure the success of the Bforce project (working with Administrative Assistants, Account Management, or Customer Service)
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture
- Develop a 3 Month Plan with specific measurable goals and targets
- Lead and coordinate the BForce team in approaching the targeted customer segment to meet, qualify and win clients
- Train the BForce Team and equip them with skills needed to successfully implement the project
- Ensure the verification of leads and registered clients collated by the BForce team before final submission
- Regularly update sales tools/CRM with the required qualification details
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to the sales and marketing team
- Develop comprehensive weekly and monthly reports on sales activities and results
- A mid-level professional with experience on a sales and marketing team, within a company in the Finance, E-Commerce or Telecommunications Industry
- Deep understanding of the local Nigerian Mid-Level businesses & SMEs
- Ability to understand and build business relationships with mid-level clients
- Knowledge of the local FX/payments market including but not limited to banking services, financial regulations and other service providers in the industry
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand clients’ needs and match to the product offering
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision specifically when coordinating a large team to achieve results
- Ability to prioritize and focus on strategic, short-term goals
- Willingness to familiarize with company-specific sales tools/software
- Passionate about BitPesa’s mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa
- Willingness to dedicate a minimum of 25 hours/week to the role
- University Degree
Are you interested in becoming a B-Force Coordinator in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Position: Upcountry Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
Working from our clients upcountry offices, successful candidates shall report to the Controller and will work closely with the traders and business managers on a daily basis as they rely on your information and analysis to determine future marketing activity.
Recording and tracking of commodity mark-to-markets from Business Manager;
Inventory reconciliations and reporting;
Daily cost tracking/reporting in the various units
Tracking of stock positions, movements and arrivals from different origins and linking them to contracts and original costing.
Pre-finance Tracking and follow-up-Ensures all LBAs payments are done on time
Inventory valuation and liasing with Lagos office ensure accuracy and entry in Sage
Outturn tracking for all the commodity lots issued to processing enduring variances are within acceptable standards.
Ensures all expenses are reported on weekly basis to the FC and Business managers
Preparation of month end report (Stock position/reconciliation, expense report)
other duties as instructed by management from time to time.
1-3 years of general accounting experience
Good Knowledge of excel
Degree in Accounting Related Field
BSc in Accounting-Part Qualified CA accepted
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and employees in a professional manner
Strong attention to detail
Strong work ethic
Organization and planning
Problem analysis and problem-solving
Adaptable, Proactive, Innovative, Dependable
Strong team player, works well in a collaborative environment
Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, dynamic growth-oriented environment
Are you interested in becoming an Upcountry Accountant in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Nigeria: Project Coordinator for Sustainable Cocoa Programs
Location: Based in Akure, Nigeria with regular trips to Lagos and cocoa regions
Field of Expertise: Project Management
Work Experience: 1-3 years
Work Status: 40 hours per week.
Benefits included: For international candidates: accommodation, transport, insurance to be discussed
Our client is a young and fast growing cocoa trading company that has the ambition to connect the cocoa supply chain participants in the most efficient and effective way. Sustainability is a key pillar of the company.
The company is looking for a Project Officer. Together with the local sustainability teams in the rest of West-Africa and program partners they need you to supervise programs in the field, increase impact in our supply chains, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure to report outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will be to
• Execute sustainability and up-scale sustainability activities, in collaboration with cocoa suppliers, clients and partners like UTZ certified, GiZ and NGO’s;
• Supervise certification activities of our cocoa suppliers in the field;
• Support our M&E data collection with field staff from our cocoa suppliers;
• Report on project indicators and realized budgets of sustainability programs;
• Maintain relationships with our farmer groups, exporters, and client representatives;
• Identify new local suppliers and partners for program up-scaling.
Skills we are looking for
• An academic degree in agriculture, community development or other related fields;
• At least 2 years of experience in project management and/or commodities;
• A passionate and ambitious worker;
• Fluent in English and local language is a pre
• Excellent organization and relationship management
• Being a fast-growing company we are looking for a self-starter. You need to be efficient on an independent basis as well as in a team;
• Motor licence. You will move around on a motor;
• Bush proof; you will spend 2-3 days per week in district warehouses and on plantations
You will be working with dynamic sustainability team of West-Africa, of which 10 people are based in Ivory Coast, 2 in Ghana and 1 in Cameroon. You will be the first sustainability officer in Nigeria, but you will have a lot phone contact and regular visits from sustainability team members. Besides, you are part of the country team of Nigeria in Lagos, which consists of 4 employees working in procurement and quality assurance.
What they offer
You will be part of a fast-growing company and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. They offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment.
Our client is a multinational provider of housing equipment for the agricultural market. They are looking for employees who show initiative, creativity, motivation and interest in a demanding and versatile job.
In order to manage their subsidiary in Nigeria (Lagos), which currently counts 15 employees in different areas like administration, sales, technology and logistics, our client is looking for a
General Manager Nigeria
• You are a dynamic and flexible person who will be able to lead our subsidiary in Nigeria-Lagos by actively acquiring new customers, serving our existing customers, expanding business relationships and ensuring that sales targets are met
• You are the first seller on the market, selling our state-of-the-art equipment for housing poultry and pigs
• You will build up the structure of the service and assembly areas, promoting them and achieving success on the market
• You will be responsible for full integration and communication with the parent company in Europe.
• You have knowledge of the Nigerian market
• You have the ability to lead a sales team
• Ideally, you have some initial experience in selling capital goods
• You have extensive knowledge of corporate governance
• You have very good command of spoken and written English
• You are willing to travel and you have the ability to organize yourself
• Organizational skills, independent work and a high degree of personal initiative round off your profile.
What can this job offer you?
• Become part of a great team and in a big multinational company, which is represented in more than hundred countries worldwide
• An interesting and diversified workplace in a dynamic environment
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start date: a.s.a.p.
Package: salary negotiable, accommodation and car
For one of our clients we are recruiting a Head of Maintenance for a large milling organisation, based in Lagos. Looking for a someone with a large experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, managing the maintenance department of multiple sites of a multinational food manufacturing company. In this role you will be the first Engineer, with major responsibilities in terms of maintenance, electrical installation, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and writing procedures, training documents for other technicians.
- Having worked for a large multinational in FMCG, preferably in the food manufacturing industry in large plants in a similar role
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical processes, both hands-on and in theory
- Highly adaptable to changing situations
- Possesses a strong sense of honesty and integrity
On behalf of Caritas international (Ci), the Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH) is looking for a Consultant for Emergency and Transitional Aid (m/f) for the Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) in Abuja, to start as soon as possible.
The German Caritas Association (Deutsche Caritasverband – DCV) is the charitable organisation of the Catholic Church in Germany. Caritas international (Ci) is the globally active development agency of the German Caritas Association. Every year, Ci provides support for approximately 1,000 aid projects worldwide, regard-less of the religion, ethnic identity or nationality of those affected.
The Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) and its diocesan structures provide innovative emergency and transitional aid for victims of the displacement crisis in the north-east of the country. Given the urgent need, the field of emergency response is to be expanded, in order to implement projects in humanitarian aid and transitional aid in north-east Nigeria more effectively.
Your tasks include:
You will travel regularly in the project region and advise the local project partners on needs assessment, project conception and the preparation of funding applications to public sponsors.
You will support the local partners in the management and implementation of projects, reporting (narrative and financial) and the execution of project agreements and administrative guidelines, as well as in the co-ordination process with the UN system.
You will coordinate activities with the international Caritas network and with other humanitarian agents.
You will provide support to the ongoing aid programmes and projects by monitoring the content and ad-ministration, prepare reports on the expenditure of funds for public sponsors (e.g. ECHO, AA, EU) and compile case reports.
Through budget monitoring, you will ensure that the financial administration standards are complied with and provide support in audits.
You will train local development workers and managers to execute the emergency aid projects in accord-ance with international standards and relevant donor regulations.
You will support Ci in relevant coordination meetings locally (German embassy, EU) and in public rela-tions work.
You have successfully completed a university degree or training in a commercial profession.
You have at least three years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian aid or development cooperation, ideally acquired in the region.
You have practical professional experience in planning, managing and supervising complex aid pro-grammes.
You possess applied business management knowledge and relevant practical experience.
You have sound knowledge of programme and project management (PME, PCM).
You have already successfully carried out training and consulting tasks.
You are diplomatic and have strong intercultural communication skills, to enable you to deal with a variety of local and international players in a manner based on mutual partnership, and you can act appropriately in a church context.
You have a business-fluent command of German and English. Ideally, you also have good French lan-guage skills.
You identify with the objectives and substance of Caritas international or are actively prepared to familiar-ise yourself with these and to make them your own.
You are a member of a Christian church and are an EU or Swiss citizen.
What AGEH offers
The Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH e.V.) is the personnel service of the German Catho-lics for Development Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been looking after development work-ers who wish to take the opportunity to work in a meaningful role in the service of local development agents. AGEH will support you by providing:
• Individual and thorough preparation
• Two-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Develop-ment Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
• Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individ-ual advice
We look forward to receiving your application by 01/11/2017.
Are you interested in becoming a Consultant for Emergency and Transitional Aid in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP is looking to fill the Country Director, Nigeria, D2 role based in Abuja, Nigeria.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Develop and oversee the implementation of country strategies, policies and plans, aligned with government, WFP and wider national and UN strategies, policies and processes as appropriate. Ensure timely and effective responses to meet changing food security and nutrition needs.
- Contribute to the development of wider WFP strategies and policies ensuring that operational realities inform planning.
- Demonstrate ownership of, promote and deploy WFP corporate initiatives and strategies.
- Hold accountability for effective management of WFP operations within the area of assignment to ensure timely and effective delivery of food assistance.
- Provide effective leadership to a Country Office to ensure the continued development of a cohesive and high performing WFP country team.
- Identify and build productive relationships with partners at a national level, and at regional and global levels as appropriate, to raise resources for WFP and enable the effective positioning of WFP to achieve country goals.
- Actively work with government agencies to build knowledge and capacity to meet food assistance needs within the country and to prepare for and respond to hunger related emergencies.
- Under the guidance and coordination of the Resident Coordinator (RC), participate and actively contribute, as a member of the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) and Humanitarian Country Team (including Cluster Agency responsibilities), to strengthening of UN country coherence and promoting of joint planning to meet the zero hunger challenge.
- Build productive relationships with beneficiaries, civil societies, and national NGOs.
- Positively represent WFP in the media to build awareness and advocate for WFP activities in fighting hunger in the country.
- Take lead to ensure that evaluation, audit and compliance recommendations are efficiently implemented within the CO.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Develop and maintain appropriate emergency preparedness plans and activities to ensure readiness and ability to take timely and appropriate actions in the event of a food assistance emergency.
- Other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or advanced training/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience
- Led strategy planning and operations within a large and complex country or equivalent environment
- Gained broadening experiences through various roles in HQ, RB or CO, including as a Deputy Country Director
- Gained significant experience in management of a number of large scale, diverse and complex programmes in diverse emergency and developmental contexts
- Led in managing the finances and other support services of an office or Division
- Significant experience in developing and implementing internal controls and exercising delegation of authority in a variety of contexts
- Gained significant people leadership and management experience, effectively uniting large and diverse multi-national and multi-discipline teams by delivering on country
- Led significant and complex negotiations with donors/ government officials, partners, media outlets, etc. on a diverse range of issues
- Given media statements and leading news briefings to ensure appropriate representation of WFP externally in high profile situations of acute sensitivity
- Led large and complex fundraising initiatives which have had a significant positive impact within area of responsibility
- Led a large and highly complex emergency-oriented operation, in a hardship duty station
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected candidate will be employed on a Fixed Term appointment, renewable.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, 30 days’ annual vacation, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance
Websites to visit before applying regarding UN salary bands: http://icsc.un.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
14 March 2017
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.