JOB SEARCH RESULT:
On behalf of MISEREOR, AGIAMONDO is looking for a Head of the MISEREOR Dialogue and Liaison Office, Abuja, Nigeria with experience in development cooperation.
The German Catholic Bishops’ Organisation for Development Cooperation Misereor supports numerous, mostly church-based organisations in development cooperation in Nigeria. Given the large number of partners in the country, a Dialogue and Liaison Office (DLO) was set up in Abuja as a central point of contact for Misereor. The DLO is available to Nigerian partners as a point of contact for advice relating to the conceptualisation, imple-mentation and evaluation of development projects. The DLO works in close cooperation with the Conference of Bishops of Nigeria, other German and international development cooperation organisations present in Nigeria, and the German embassy.
Your new role
Your work will contribute significantly to improving the dialogue between Misereor and its Nigerian partners. You will enable Misereor to discuss its funding policy with its most important Nigerian partners extensively, and will simplify access to other development cooperation organisations for church-based partners in Nigeria.
Your place of residence and work, Abuja, is also suitable for families with children as it offers renowned (German and international) educational establishments and good healthcare infrastructure.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
You will advise Misereor’s partner organisations on matters relating to planning, monitoring and evaluation, as well as organisational development.
You will inform partners about Misereor’s funding policy and the requirements for applications and reporting.
You will organise (online) training on key topics and accompany individual partners over a long period of time, either in person or through selected, qualified consultants and trainers.
You will connect Misereor’s partners with internationally active players and will represent Misereor in the group of German development organisations and at the German embassy.
You will contribute to the further development of Misereor’s funding priorities in Nigeria and to initiatives related to development policy in public relations, educational and lobbying work.
You will take care of visitors, such as Misereor employees, journalists, politicians, donors, etc.
You have completed a university degree relevant to the field of development cooperation (social sciences, political science, agricultural sciences, ethnology, education) and have acquired at least three years of professional experience in development cooperation and partner consulting, ideally in (west) Africa.
You have at least two years of professional experience in organisational development, participatory impact assessment and outcome-oriented PME.
You bring methodological competence and practical experience in participation-oriented project design, consulting, capacity building, networking, lobbying and public relations work.
You are diplomatic and have exceptional intercultural communication skills, to enable you to deal with the relevant players in a manner based on mutual partnership, and you can act appropriately in a church con-text.
You have a business-fluent command of written and spoken English, and your German skills are at least good.
You are an EU or Swiss citizen and a member of a Christian church.
What AGIAMONDO offers
Individual and thorough preparation
Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Develop-ment Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your complete online application (cover letter, Europass CV, certificates in *PDF format) by no later than 09/08/2020.
Corona - Information for applicants
Even in the current situation, we are happy to accept your application via the online application portal. We are currently conducting the selection procedure online. We also offer our preparatory measures as digital services.
At present, no development workers are travelling abroad. We hope that the global situation will continue to improve and that we will be able to make a responsible decision, together with our partners, to have development workers on the ground working on projects again.
A building and civil engineering construction company based in Nigeria seeks to engage an experienced, capable and entrepreneurial professional as a Chief Operating Officer (COO). The suitable candidate will be primarily responsible for managing all aspects of profitable delivery and quality execution of projects, cost effective management of business operations, market engagement, identification of business opportunities and effective client relationship management.
• Develops and implements approved business and operational plans to growth, manage a robust portfolio of clients, profitable revenue base and market share of the construction business in Nigeria
• Provides effective leadership of the operations team to ensure cost efficient delivery of quality projects and effective implementation of strategic business plan.
• Ensures that all new projects are well researched, adequately resourced and key stakeholders properly engaged to enable quality execution safely and profitably
• Ensures that joint ventures projects are well developed and executed profitably and in safe working conditions
• Ensures that all staff, especially the key technical staff are professionally managed, mentored and developed to enhance performance capacity of the business
• Works closely with the Chief Finance Officer to ensure cost effective access to project financing
• Takes active part in key business decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Ensures timely preparation and provision of accurate and up-to-date reports on the operational performance and financial health of the company, in liaison with the CEO
• Promotes knowledge retention and thought leadership insights on the business and management imperatives in the construction industry.
• Works closely with the CEO to progress opportunities and win business/projects for the company
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering, or any related field, Master’s degree in business management, finance or any related field, will be an advantage
• Proven record of performance and Knowledge of the construction business
• Knowledge of Project Management. Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage
• Effective communication skills
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a creative point of view.
• Business development and business management skills
• Business Intelligence and understanding of the competitive environment
• Project Management Skills
• Negotiation and persuasion skills
• Strong drive to achieve and personal integrity
• Strong business planning and knowledge of regulatory issues
• A solid grasp of financial analysis and performance metrics
• Ability to diagnose problems quickly and provide appropriate solutions
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reports to: Technical Director
Job spec: The Technical Site Manager has the responsibility for assuring technical management of an integrated production site for chemical production and food processing. The areas of work include but are not limited to:
1. Utilities: The site runs fully independently on own gas generators with back-up diesel generators. Borehole water with a water treatment plant, chilled water, compressed air and steam are being produced at site. 100% functionality of the utilities section is critical for the overall site functionality. This is a 24/7 operation.
2. Cooling: The food processing part of the production site includes a frozen warehouse and blast freezers with modern cooling technology. Temperature control, maintenance and overall management of the cooling equipment is crucial. This is also a 24/7 operation.
3. Maintenance: The Company operates at the site a large chicken slaughtering house, a plant for consumer chemicals, a plant for various glues, paint raw materials and food grade industrial raw materials. Preventive maintenance and troubleshooting for all equipment is required.
4. Workshop: a workshop facility is available with electricians, mechanics, welders etc. for the repair and maintenance, construction and installation works.
5. HSE: Health and safety are highest priority at a chemical production site. The Technical Site Manager needs to assure highest standards at any time. Furthermore, he needs to maintain full environmental compliance in regard to environmental standards and norms, including effluent water treatment.
6. Projects: The Company is on a fast growth trajectory with various new expansion projects ongoing, and new projects in the pipeline. The Technical Site Manager takes the lead in technical planning and implementation including civil works,
7. Administrative duties: Overlooking the technical / spare part store, guiding the spare part ordering process, scrutinize / negotiate quotations submitted by contractors.
Academic and Professional qualifications required are:
• Master in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related subject
• Certifications in relevant management topics are a bonus (Human Resources, HSE, maintenance, cooling, project management etc.)
• At least 10 years of experience in technical management of production sites, preferably with exposure to both food processing and chemicals.
• Emerging market experience preferably in Africa, alternatively in other markets with tropical climatic and business conditions
Compensation and benefits:
• Location of work is Lagos, Nigeria
• Housing in residential area (Ikeja) will be provided, includes all services, electricity, water
• Provision of personal steward for cleaning and cooking
• Provision of company car (Toyota Corolla) with personal driver
• International Health Insurance package
• 30 days of paid vacation
• One flight home for annual leave
• Local allowance of ca. USD 1,000 per month (in local currency)
• USD salary for monthly savings of USD 4,000 to 5,000 per month, depending on experience and qualification of candidate
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Site Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Our diverse team of over 60 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclays, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. We have raised more than $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
Our company values are Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility/Creativity, Integrity, and Passion.
The BForce Team Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and managing a team of sales and marketing personnel dedicated solely to the BForce project, designed at targeting mid-level traders to use BitPesa’s cross-border payments service. The candidate will work with the existing internal sales team to draft and formulate strategies and processes required to successfully implement the BitPesa BForce project. This short-term, contractual role serves as an exciting opportunity to help solve the pain points around cross-border payments affecting the mid-level trader (import/export) segment in Nigeria. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with senior management and analyzing sales metrics.
- Conduct market research on the behavior of mid-level traders and their foreign exchange needs
- Create and execute a customer acquisition plan including but not limited to outlining a list of target segments and 3 months conversion projections
- Adhere to the process set out by the company to generate leads and acquire clients
- Recruit and manage members of the BForce Team
- Responsible for the BForce Initiative from inception to the implementation phase while meeting set target and goals
- Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders, when required, to provide the necessary tools needed to ensure the success of the Bforce project (working with Administrative Assistants, Account Management, or Customer Service)
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture
- Develop a 3 Month Plan with specific measurable goals and targets
- Lead and coordinate the BForce team in approaching the targeted customer segment to meet, qualify and win clients
- Train the BForce Team and equip them with skills needed to successfully implement the project
- Ensure the verification of leads and registered clients collated by the BForce team before final submission
- Regularly update sales tools/CRM with the required qualification details
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to the sales and marketing team
- Develop comprehensive weekly and monthly reports on sales activities and results
- A mid-level professional with experience on a sales and marketing team, within a company in the Finance, E-Commerce or Telecommunications Industry
- Deep understanding of the local Nigerian Mid-Level businesses & SMEs
- Ability to understand and build business relationships with mid-level clients
- Knowledge of the local FX/payments market including but not limited to banking services, financial regulations and other service providers in the industry
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand clients’ needs and match to the product offering
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision specifically when coordinating a large team to achieve results
- Ability to prioritize and focus on strategic, short-term goals
- Willingness to familiarize with company-specific sales tools/software
- Passionate about BitPesa’s mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa
- Willingness to dedicate a minimum of 25 hours/week to the role
- University Degree
Are you interested in becoming a B-Force Coordinator in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Position: Upcountry Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
Working from our clients upcountry offices, successful candidates shall report to the Controller and will work closely with the traders and business managers on a daily basis as they rely on your information and analysis to determine future marketing activity.
Recording and tracking of commodity mark-to-markets from Business Manager;
Inventory reconciliations and reporting;
Daily cost tracking/reporting in the various units
Tracking of stock positions, movements and arrivals from different origins and linking them to contracts and original costing.
Pre-finance Tracking and follow-up-Ensures all LBAs payments are done on time
Inventory valuation and liasing with Lagos office ensure accuracy and entry in Sage
Outturn tracking for all the commodity lots issued to processing enduring variances are within acceptable standards.
Ensures all expenses are reported on weekly basis to the FC and Business managers
Preparation of month end report (Stock position/reconciliation, expense report)
other duties as instructed by management from time to time.
1-3 years of general accounting experience
Good Knowledge of excel
Degree in Accounting Related Field
BSc in Accounting-Part Qualified CA accepted
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and employees in a professional manner
Strong attention to detail
Strong work ethic
Organization and planning
Problem analysis and problem-solving
Adaptable, Proactive, Innovative, Dependable
Strong team player, works well in a collaborative environment
Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, dynamic growth-oriented environment
Are you interested in becoming an Upcountry Accountant in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Nigeria: Project Coordinator for Sustainable Cocoa Programs
Location: Based in Akure, Nigeria with regular trips to Lagos and cocoa regions
Field of Expertise: Project Management
Work Experience: 1-3 years
Work Status: 40 hours per week.
Benefits included: For international candidates: accommodation, transport, insurance to be discussed
Our client is a young and fast growing cocoa trading company that has the ambition to connect the cocoa supply chain participants in the most efficient and effective way. Sustainability is a key pillar of the company.
The company is looking for a Project Officer. Together with the local sustainability teams in the rest of West-Africa and program partners they need you to supervise programs in the field, increase impact in our supply chains, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure to report outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will be to
• Execute sustainability and up-scale sustainability activities, in collaboration with cocoa suppliers, clients and partners like UTZ certified, GiZ and NGO’s;
• Supervise certification activities of our cocoa suppliers in the field;
• Support our M&E data collection with field staff from our cocoa suppliers;
• Report on project indicators and realized budgets of sustainability programs;
• Maintain relationships with our farmer groups, exporters, and client representatives;
• Identify new local suppliers and partners for program up-scaling.
Skills we are looking for
• An academic degree in agriculture, community development or other related fields;
• At least 2 years of experience in project management and/or commodities;
• A passionate and ambitious worker;
• Fluent in English and local language is a pre
• Excellent organization and relationship management
• Being a fast-growing company we are looking for a self-starter. You need to be efficient on an independent basis as well as in a team;
• Motor licence. You will move around on a motor;
• Bush proof; you will spend 2-3 days per week in district warehouses and on plantations
You will be working with dynamic sustainability team of West-Africa, of which 10 people are based in Ivory Coast, 2 in Ghana and 1 in Cameroon. You will be the first sustainability officer in Nigeria, but you will have a lot phone contact and regular visits from sustainability team members. Besides, you are part of the country team of Nigeria in Lagos, which consists of 4 employees working in procurement and quality assurance.
What they offer
You will be part of a fast-growing company and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. They offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment.
Our client is a multinational provider of housing equipment for the agricultural market. They are looking for employees who show initiative, creativity, motivation and interest in a demanding and versatile job.
In order to manage their subsidiary in Nigeria (Lagos), which currently counts 15 employees in different areas like administration, sales, technology and logistics, our client is looking for a
General Manager Nigeria
• You are a dynamic and flexible person who will be able to lead our subsidiary in Nigeria-Lagos by actively acquiring new customers, serving our existing customers, expanding business relationships and ensuring that sales targets are met
• You are the first seller on the market, selling our state-of-the-art equipment for housing poultry and pigs
• You will build up the structure of the service and assembly areas, promoting them and achieving success on the market
• You will be responsible for full integration and communication with the parent company in Europe.
• You have knowledge of the Nigerian market
• You have the ability to lead a sales team
• Ideally, you have some initial experience in selling capital goods
• You have extensive knowledge of corporate governance
• You have very good command of spoken and written English
• You are willing to travel and you have the ability to organize yourself
• Organizational skills, independent work and a high degree of personal initiative round off your profile.
What can this job offer you?
• Become part of a great team and in a big multinational company, which is represented in more than hundred countries worldwide
• An interesting and diversified workplace in a dynamic environment
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start date: a.s.a.p.
Package: salary negotiable, accommodation and car
For one of our clients we are recruiting a Head of Maintenance for a large milling organisation, based in Lagos. Looking for a someone with a large experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, managing the maintenance department of multiple sites of a multinational food manufacturing company. In this role you will be the first Engineer, with major responsibilities in terms of maintenance, electrical installation, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and writing procedures, training documents for other technicians.
- Having worked for a large multinational in FMCG, preferably in the food manufacturing industry in large plants in a similar role
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical processes, both hands-on and in theory
- Highly adaptable to changing situations
- Possesses a strong sense of honesty and integrity