JOB SEARCH RESULT:
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI's Vaccines Delivery Program
Immunization is one of the most successful public health interventions in history. National immunization programs reach >100 million infants every year and have averted globally two to three million deaths every year since the launch of the Expanded Program for Immunization (EPI) in 1974, whilst the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) and rotavirus vaccines could save ~1 million lives per year. Furthermore, great advances in discovering and financing new vaccines provides a great opportunity for countries to further reduce burden of disease such as human papillomavirus (HPV). Despite these successes, 1.5 million children still die each year of vaccine-preventable diseases, many of them in low-income countries, as immunization programs there face unprecedented challenges.
In 2010, CHAI launched a vaccine program to reduce mortality and morbidity from vaccine preventable diseases by improving access to immunization services through national immunization programs and by leveraging its experience in-country to improve the global immunization ecosystem. Since then, CHAI has become a core partner in the immunization space and is pursuing five complementary strategic objectives:
1. Improving affordability and supply security of vaccines;
2. Accelerating the uptake of new or under-utilized vaccines;
3. Improving effective immunization coverage and reaching the unreached;
4. Supporting successful transition from Gavi support; and
5. Strengthening the management system and capacity of immunization programs
CHAI's vaccine program very closely supports the national immunization programs in 15 focus countries - Cameroon, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Cambodia and Vietnam, and also engages with global stakeholders such as Gavi, WHO and UNICEF to inform global policies and practices.
CHAI is seeking a Regional Manager, Global Vaccines Delivery to work with a set of focus program countries in West Africa including Cameroon, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. There might be other countries in the region that get under the regional manager's oversight. The Regional Manager will work as a member of the CHAI's global vaccines team and work alongside CHAI's country teams to help government partners improve national improve immunization programs.
This is relatively a newer role in the Global Vaccines Delivery team so it will be continued to be refined as Regional Managers start their activities. Hence, one key expectation for this role is the ability to contribute to making this role a success by providing feedback and adapting the role as needed.
They will be expected to manage strong internal and external relationships, develop an exceptional team, work with CHAI's country and technical teams to devise evidence-based strategic plans, and provide effective management to execute high-impact programs. The Regional Manager will have substantial opportunity to shape CHAI's approach in developing these programs across focus countries.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding leadership and management skills. The candidate must be able to drive the development and implementation of this program with significant autonomy, have deep personal commitment to producing results, and have the ability to lead in a challenging and multi-cultural professional environment.
Overview of In-Country Responsibilities
1. Strategy and fundraising of the vaccines program in-country
• Work with country and global technical staff to develop or update evidence-based and technically sound strategic plans to improve immunization outcomes in-country and to contribute to advancing the immunization agenda globally
• Inform CHAI's global vaccines strategy with priority country needs and insights
• Support country fundraising and grant development in line with CHAI's vaccine strategy, model, competing priorities and capabilities, both at country and global level.
2. In-country planning of effective immunization programs, building on local and cross-country insights, needs, and capabilities
• Support country teams in developing and revising effective priorities, milestones and costed work-plans (at the level of grant, the upcoming year and quarters), and ensure those plans reflect program objectives, funding parameters, CHAI's programmatic know-how, and synergies across CHAI focus countries
• Plan with country management and global technical managers priorities for and high-level allocation of global team support
• Support the development and revision of multi-year income allocation across all vaccines work and in alignment with program priorities and funding, including working with country teams to determine annual allocations and identify under- or over-spends
3. In-country implementation and progress review across entire vaccines program in-country
• Ensure global support to country implementation is effective
o Work with country program manager, and in conjunction with other relevant global staff, to ensure critical decisions and deliverables reflect the best of CHAI, are taking into account lessons learned from other geographies, global strategies and policies and are made in the spirit of joint accountability
o Work with country management to foster effective and collegial collaboration between global and country team members (e.g., regularly monitoring communication and collaboration; promoting good practices and mutual understanding; troubleshooting issues as they arise)
• Provide management support for in-country implementation as needed
o Support country teams to manage implementation of all ongoing immunization programs, including hiring, staffing, or other general management issues
o Work with country management to strengthen management capacity and programmatic expertise as needed
• Monitor progress against target results and provide troubleshooting support and redirect efforts as needed
o Organize regular joint review of program performance with country and global leadership
o Regularly assess progress against targets, identify operational bottlenecks or risks, and work with country and global leadership to strengthen programs as necessary
• Work with country teams to develop strong and timely programmatic and financial updates for donor reporting and engage effectively donors.
• Contribute to sharing insights and lessons learned with other CHAI countries and with global partners
Overview of transversal responsibilities
1. Engagement between global vaccines delivery team, country teams, and other stakeholders
• Streamline communications between global leadership and global staff and country teams, and provide regular updates on opportunities and progress to each
• Engage with relevant partners for the countries in the region (notably WHO and UNICEF regional offices, Gavi regional manager) to foster better collaboration and results in-country
2. Design and implementation of Regional Manager model, in collaboration with global vaccines delivery
• Communicate on the role and rationale & value-add within CHAI
• Identify improvement opportunities on the role as it is designed and implemented
• Develop and regularly update key processes and tools to support regional managers' effectiveness
3. Leadership role in the vaccines program, as a key member of the global vaccine management team
• Contribute as a member of the global vaccine management team to the effectiveness and collegiality of the team, help identify opportunities and improve CHAI's vaccines program and team
• Represent CHAI and scope of work externally
• Role model CHAI values and mission
• Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of working experience in the private or public sector with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
• At least 3 years of program management experience with wider portfolio of technical areas or program countries and experience of team management
• Exceptional problem-solving solving skills and analytical capabilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to create persuasive presentations and written reports
• Demonstrated experience managing complex projects involving multiple teams, including priority setting, planning, budgeting, performance review and management; and influencing with limited authority
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently
• Ability to balance and find productive trade-offs between various tensions (personal style, incentives, timeframe)
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships in a complex and multicultural environment with occasional tensions or conflicts
• High emotional intelligence, patience and thoughtfulness even in high-pressure, stressful situations
• Strong organizational abilities
• Ability to travel, mainly to CHAI focus countries and other global/regional engagements (approximately 35% of the time)
• Past experience of working at CHAI
• Prior experience in public health especially governance, systems strengthening, financing and /or management of operations at sub-national level, or similar fast-paced, output-oriented environments
• Prior experience in management consulting
• Strong experience of engaging with government officials and multilateral organizations in developing countries
• Professional proficiency in a second language of a CHAI vaccine program country
• Knowledge of vaccines, health systems strengthening, and/or health financing
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
A building and civil engineering construction company based in Nigeria seeks to engage an experienced, capable and entrepreneurial professional as a Chief Operating Officer (COO). The suitable candidate will be primarily responsible for managing all aspects of profitable delivery and quality execution of projects, cost effective management of business operations, market engagement, identification of business opportunities and effective client relationship management.
• Develops and implements approved business and operational plans to growth, manage a robust portfolio of clients, profitable revenue base and market share of the construction business in Nigeria
• Provides effective leadership of the operations team to ensure cost efficient delivery of quality projects and effective implementation of strategic business plan.
• Ensures that all new projects are well researched, adequately resourced and key stakeholders properly engaged to enable quality execution safely and profitably
• Ensures that joint ventures projects are well developed and executed profitably and in safe working conditions
• Ensures that all staff, especially the key technical staff are professionally managed, mentored and developed to enhance performance capacity of the business
• Works closely with the Chief Finance Officer to ensure cost effective access to project financing
• Takes active part in key business decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Ensures timely preparation and provision of accurate and up-to-date reports on the operational performance and financial health of the company, in liaison with the CEO
• Promotes knowledge retention and thought leadership insights on the business and management imperatives in the construction industry.
• Works closely with the CEO to progress opportunities and win business/projects for the company
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering, or any related field, Master’s degree in business management, finance or any related field, will be an advantage
• Proven record of performance and Knowledge of the construction business
• Knowledge of Project Management. Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage
• Effective communication skills
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a creative point of view.
• Business development and business management skills
• Business Intelligence and understanding of the competitive environment
• Project Management Skills
• Negotiation and persuasion skills
• Strong drive to achieve and personal integrity
• Strong business planning and knowledge of regulatory issues
• A solid grasp of financial analysis and performance metrics
• Ability to diagnose problems quickly and provide appropriate solutions
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reports to: Technical Director
Job spec: The Technical Site Manager has the responsibility for assuring technical management of an integrated production site for chemical production and food processing. The areas of work include but are not limited to:
1. Utilities: The site runs fully independently on own gas generators with back-up diesel generators. Borehole water with a water treatment plant, chilled water, compressed air and steam are being produced at site. 100% functionality of the utilities section is critical for the overall site functionality. This is a 24/7 operation.
2. Cooling: The food processing part of the production site includes a frozen warehouse and blast freezers with modern cooling technology. Temperature control, maintenance and overall management of the cooling equipment is crucial. This is also a 24/7 operation.
3. Maintenance: The Company operates at the site a large chicken slaughtering house, a plant for consumer chemicals, a plant for various glues, paint raw materials and food grade industrial raw materials. Preventive maintenance and troubleshooting for all equipment is required.
4. Workshop: a workshop facility is available with electricians, mechanics, welders etc. for the repair and maintenance, construction and installation works.
5. HSE: Health and safety are highest priority at a chemical production site. The Technical Site Manager needs to assure highest standards at any time. Furthermore, he needs to maintain full environmental compliance in regard to environmental standards and norms, including effluent water treatment.
6. Projects: The Company is on a fast growth trajectory with various new expansion projects ongoing, and new projects in the pipeline. The Technical Site Manager takes the lead in technical planning and implementation including civil works,
7. Administrative duties: Overlooking the technical / spare part store, guiding the spare part ordering process, scrutinize / negotiate quotations submitted by contractors.
Academic and Professional qualifications required are:
• Master in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related subject
• Certifications in relevant management topics are a bonus (Human Resources, HSE, maintenance, cooling, project management etc.)
• At least 10 years of experience in technical management of production sites, preferably with exposure to both food processing and chemicals.
• Emerging market experience preferably in Africa, alternatively in other markets with tropical climatic and business conditions
Compensation and benefits:
• Location of work is Lagos, Nigeria
• Housing in residential area (Ikeja) will be provided, includes all services, electricity, water
• Provision of personal steward for cleaning and cooking
• Provision of company car (Toyota Corolla) with personal driver
• International Health Insurance package
• 30 days of paid vacation
• One flight home for annual leave
• Local allowance of ca. USD 1,000 per month (in local currency)
• USD salary for monthly savings of USD 4,000 to 5,000 per month, depending on experience and qualification of candidate
Are you interested in becoming a Technical Site Manager in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Our diverse team of over 60 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclays, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. We have raised more than $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
Our company values are Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility/Creativity, Integrity, and Passion.
The BForce Team Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and managing a team of sales and marketing personnel dedicated solely to the BForce project, designed at targeting mid-level traders to use BitPesa’s cross-border payments service. The candidate will work with the existing internal sales team to draft and formulate strategies and processes required to successfully implement the BitPesa BForce project. This short-term, contractual role serves as an exciting opportunity to help solve the pain points around cross-border payments affecting the mid-level trader (import/export) segment in Nigeria. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with senior management and analyzing sales metrics.
- Conduct market research on the behavior of mid-level traders and their foreign exchange needs
- Create and execute a customer acquisition plan including but not limited to outlining a list of target segments and 3 months conversion projections
- Adhere to the process set out by the company to generate leads and acquire clients
- Recruit and manage members of the BForce Team
- Responsible for the BForce Initiative from inception to the implementation phase while meeting set target and goals
- Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders, when required, to provide the necessary tools needed to ensure the success of the Bforce project (working with Administrative Assistants, Account Management, or Customer Service)
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture
- Develop a 3 Month Plan with specific measurable goals and targets
- Lead and coordinate the BForce team in approaching the targeted customer segment to meet, qualify and win clients
- Train the BForce Team and equip them with skills needed to successfully implement the project
- Ensure the verification of leads and registered clients collated by the BForce team before final submission
- Regularly update sales tools/CRM with the required qualification details
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to the sales and marketing team
- Develop comprehensive weekly and monthly reports on sales activities and results
- A mid-level professional with experience on a sales and marketing team, within a company in the Finance, E-Commerce or Telecommunications Industry
- Deep understanding of the local Nigerian Mid-Level businesses & SMEs
- Ability to understand and build business relationships with mid-level clients
- Knowledge of the local FX/payments market including but not limited to banking services, financial regulations and other service providers in the industry
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand clients’ needs and match to the product offering
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision specifically when coordinating a large team to achieve results
- Ability to prioritize and focus on strategic, short-term goals
- Willingness to familiarize with company-specific sales tools/software
- Passionate about BitPesa’s mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa
- Willingness to dedicate a minimum of 25 hours/week to the role
- University Degree
Are you interested in becoming a B-Force Coordinator in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Position: Upcountry Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
Working from our clients upcountry offices, successful candidates shall report to the Controller and will work closely with the traders and business managers on a daily basis as they rely on your information and analysis to determine future marketing activity.
Recording and tracking of commodity mark-to-markets from Business Manager;
Inventory reconciliations and reporting;
Daily cost tracking/reporting in the various units
Tracking of stock positions, movements and arrivals from different origins and linking them to contracts and original costing.
Pre-finance Tracking and follow-up-Ensures all LBAs payments are done on time
Inventory valuation and liasing with Lagos office ensure accuracy and entry in Sage
Outturn tracking for all the commodity lots issued to processing enduring variances are within acceptable standards.
Ensures all expenses are reported on weekly basis to the FC and Business managers
Preparation of month end report (Stock position/reconciliation, expense report)
other duties as instructed by management from time to time.
1-3 years of general accounting experience
Good Knowledge of excel
Degree in Accounting Related Field
BSc in Accounting-Part Qualified CA accepted
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and employees in a professional manner
Strong attention to detail
Strong work ethic
Organization and planning
Problem analysis and problem-solving
Adaptable, Proactive, Innovative, Dependable
Strong team player, works well in a collaborative environment
Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, dynamic growth-oriented environment
Are you interested in becoming an Upcountry Accountant in Nigeria? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Nigeria: Project Coordinator for Sustainable Cocoa Programs
Location: Based in Akure, Nigeria with regular trips to Lagos and cocoa regions
Field of Expertise: Project Management
Work Experience: 1-3 years
Work Status: 40 hours per week.
Benefits included: For international candidates: accommodation, transport, insurance to be discussed
Our client is a young and fast growing cocoa trading company that has the ambition to connect the cocoa supply chain participants in the most efficient and effective way. Sustainability is a key pillar of the company.
The company is looking for a Project Officer. Together with the local sustainability teams in the rest of West-Africa and program partners they need you to supervise programs in the field, increase impact in our supply chains, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure to report outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will be to
• Execute sustainability and up-scale sustainability activities, in collaboration with cocoa suppliers, clients and partners like UTZ certified, GiZ and NGO’s;
• Supervise certification activities of our cocoa suppliers in the field;
• Support our M&E data collection with field staff from our cocoa suppliers;
• Report on project indicators and realized budgets of sustainability programs;
• Maintain relationships with our farmer groups, exporters, and client representatives;
• Identify new local suppliers and partners for program up-scaling.
Skills we are looking for
• An academic degree in agriculture, community development or other related fields;
• At least 2 years of experience in project management and/or commodities;
• A passionate and ambitious worker;
• Fluent in English and local language is a pre
• Excellent organization and relationship management
• Being a fast-growing company we are looking for a self-starter. You need to be efficient on an independent basis as well as in a team;
• Motor licence. You will move around on a motor;
• Bush proof; you will spend 2-3 days per week in district warehouses and on plantations
You will be working with dynamic sustainability team of West-Africa, of which 10 people are based in Ivory Coast, 2 in Ghana and 1 in Cameroon. You will be the first sustainability officer in Nigeria, but you will have a lot phone contact and regular visits from sustainability team members. Besides, you are part of the country team of Nigeria in Lagos, which consists of 4 employees working in procurement and quality assurance.
What they offer
You will be part of a fast-growing company and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. They offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment.
Our client is a multinational provider of housing equipment for the agricultural market. They are looking for employees who show initiative, creativity, motivation and interest in a demanding and versatile job.
In order to manage their subsidiary in Nigeria (Lagos), which currently counts 15 employees in different areas like administration, sales, technology and logistics, our client is looking for a
General Manager Nigeria
• You are a dynamic and flexible person who will be able to lead our subsidiary in Nigeria-Lagos by actively acquiring new customers, serving our existing customers, expanding business relationships and ensuring that sales targets are met
• You are the first seller on the market, selling our state-of-the-art equipment for housing poultry and pigs
• You will build up the structure of the service and assembly areas, promoting them and achieving success on the market
• You will be responsible for full integration and communication with the parent company in Europe.
• You have knowledge of the Nigerian market
• You have the ability to lead a sales team
• Ideally, you have some initial experience in selling capital goods
• You have extensive knowledge of corporate governance
• You have very good command of spoken and written English
• You are willing to travel and you have the ability to organize yourself
• Organizational skills, independent work and a high degree of personal initiative round off your profile.
What can this job offer you?
• Become part of a great team and in a big multinational company, which is represented in more than hundred countries worldwide
• An interesting and diversified workplace in a dynamic environment
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Start date: a.s.a.p.
Package: salary negotiable, accommodation and car
For one of our clients we are recruiting a Head of Maintenance for a large milling organisation, based in Lagos. Looking for a someone with a large experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, managing the maintenance department of multiple sites of a multinational food manufacturing company. In this role you will be the first Engineer, with major responsibilities in terms of maintenance, electrical installation, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and writing procedures, training documents for other technicians.
- Having worked for a large multinational in FMCG, preferably in the food manufacturing industry in large plants in a similar role
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical processes, both hands-on and in theory
- Highly adaptable to changing situations
- Possesses a strong sense of honesty and integrity