JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Linum Consult’s client is a main contractor operating across the globe. They are currently seeking a French-speaking Project Director with a strong technical knowledge of building construction projects, to join their team in Niger. This is a 20-month contract.
You will be responsible for executing the construction of a large building, in a difficult location, with duties including but not limited to:
• Managing a large multi-cultural workforce; organising project teams and assigning duties
• Nurturing existing client relationships and winning new projects with French-speaking clients
• Providing technical expertise as required on projects throughout the business
• Submitting weekly and monthly reports in French to the Board
• Degree in Construction, with Chartered Membership preferred
• Strong technical knowledge of building construction, including façade works, ideally in Africa or other hardship locations
• Excellent communication skills in French, as this will be the language on site and for all project documents
• At least 15 years of Construction experience, with 10 years in a senior management role
• Willing to travel on single or married status only (no children for safety reasons)
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.
• Responsible for the strategic development and management of the country program.
• Support resource mobilisation.
• Ensure that the promotion of women’s rights is at the heart of all Oxfam in Niger’s program work.
To establish, implement and maintain the country funding program strategy and country funding plan, including resourcing for development, humanitarian and policy/advocacy work in order to increase the Oxfam income of institutional donors.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Fundraising and managing unrestricted and restricted funding (20%)
• Lead on developing and implementing the country programme funding strategy and country funding plan;
• Assist country teams in planning, coordinating development and submission of competitive, high quality concept papers, donor proposals, and budgets which are successfully funded by a variety of donor agencies, seeking multi-year funding from potential donors whenever possible;
• Develop annual income plan and budget jointly with Partners Affiliates for submission to Governing Bodies and affiliate HQs
• Establish and maintain an up-to-date country funding strategy and plan and help to prioritise approaches to donors;
• Oversee overall coherence and quality of donor relationships in country in line with Oxfam strategy for their sovereign donors;
• Research and analyse changing donor environment and strategies and advise on effective influencing of donors, linking in with affiliate HQ (donor leads) as appropriate;
• As a member of the Country Management Team, help shape Oxfam’s strategy and objectives in country.
Coordination and information sharing (15%)
• Ensure effective coordination and information flows with Global Programme Funding team, Affiliate HQs, Governing Bodies and Partner Affiliates;
• Ensure overall coordination of humanitarian funding in emergencies;
• Coordinate and manage processes for key funding opportunities in country;
Contract management/ Managing Restricted funding (20%)
• Lead responsibility for negotiating donor contracts favourably in line with Oxfam standards and managing donor relationships in country;
• Ensure sign-off of donor proposals, reports and contracts within delegations and according to agreed Oxfam processes;
• Help prepare for audits of donor funded programs.
Represent Oxfam to the donor community in country as required and maintain positive working relationships with donor agencies (20%)
• Identify, assess and approach new donors or funding sources and represent Oxfam as required with donors together with relevant programme staff.
Information management and Capacity building (5%)
• Ensure sufficient capacity and skills of staff and partners in country to manage funding portfolio to recognised Oxfam and donor standards;
• Help develop information for induction, funding manuals and other resources for use by the country programme and finance staff;
• Maintain restricted funding information systems and records on donor contracts both manually (hard files) and electronically (Oxfam systems/tools);
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Significant experience in managing donor contracts and fundraising activities, in particular from institutional donors, such as OFDA, ECHO, DFID, SIDA, UN agencies etc.
• Information management and IT skills with good attention to detail in order to develop and analyse donor budgets and financial reports; and to develop/maintain, and give guidance on electronic and manual contract management and reporting systems
• Sound understanding of Programme Cycle Management in emergencies and/or development environments
• Strong numeracy and financial skills, particularly in developing budgets, financial management/monitoring and reporting
• Good written skills with proven ability to develop and present proposals and donor reports, for both internal and external audiences
• High level of analytical skills and critical thinking
• Ability to research, analyse, and report (e.g.researching donor priorities, evaluating proposals and reports, determining match between external funding opportunities and Oxfam objectives)
• Experience in capacity building; coaching and delivering training at an individual and group level
• Ability to network and represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication and relationship skills with ability to influence external organisations and individuals
• Self motivated, target driven and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising
• Excellent oral and written command of English and French
• Marketing qualifications or relevant experience
• An understanding of how to gather and collate information about international development work for the supporter base of INGOs in their home territories
• Knowledge and experience of Oxfam’s programme work and systems
• Willingness to travel