JOB SEARCH RESULT:
For our client who is active in the logistics sector we are recruiting Commercial Representative in Zambia who is fluent in Mandarin and English.
• Essential – Fluent in Mandarin / English. Minimum five years’ experience in the logistics industry, of which at least three years with proven track record in sales. You should be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of general multimodal freight forwarding procedures and related documentation.
• Ideal – exposure to our markets and previously lived / worked in the region. Better still, existing home base in the region.
• Ideal – work experience across both Chinese and non-Chinese companies may bring a more balanced perspective and allow for smoother integration into our working culture, whilst still being well versed in that of Chinese business.
• Ideal – intermediate or higher level French proficiency a plus.
• Based in Lusaka, Ndola or Kitwe, with regular travel throughout Zambia (and elsewhere in the region, as new markets open up).
• Required to travel to China at least twice a year for follow ups with various head offices.
• Majority of time spent out ‘on the road’, with some associated administration / marketing / operational tasks.
• Working closely with both UK and Zambia teams. Reporting directly to UK based Managing Director and Financial Director.
Salary / Terms
• Initial 12 month contract, with 3 month probationary period.
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Representative in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The company is looking for a CFO for a mining company in the DRC Copperbelt.
The turnover of the company vary from 150 up to 200M USD/yr.
The company has approximately 1800 workers, 50 experts and they operate on several operational sites. They use heavy machinery and processing.
The CFO will be based in Lubumbashi with occasional travels to Johannesburg and Kinshasa, and regular travels between the sites in Katanga.
The CFO will report to the CEO and partners of the company.
He will have strong analytical and auditory skills with affinity for supply chain management.
Main languages used are French and English. Other languages are a plus.
He will need minimum 7 years of experience in a financial position in the mining sector. Experience in DRC is definitely a plus.
Expat package including
- salary from 14 to 17.000 USD/ month with yearly bonuses (depending on the company results).
- 2 flight tickets/ year for him and his family
- European standard standalone house in Lubumbashi with security provided by the company
- Car (type 4X4) with driver and fuel paid by the company
- IT material (PC, Phone with network subscription)
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in DRC? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is looking for an expat to fill a position as Logistic Manager at their office in Liberia, West Africa.
• Focus on the commercial and operational area and boost the business without losing track of administration and reporting
• Supervising and supporting the logistic team incl. overall internal management, HR, recruiting and training.
• Proactive for sales; bigger projects and tender biddings – searching for sales leads and follow-up
• Interaction with authorities and clients on management level when required
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients and key account clients.
• Reporting to senior management
• Proven working experience as a logistics manager
• 5+ years of experience in West Africa
• Knowledge in clearing and forwarding
• Experience within mining and project cargo an asset
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
• Fluency in English
• Operational mindset taking precaution for the challenges in the country
• Ability to think out of the box to create and sell solutions
• Be a business developer with focus on expanding the business and improve internal agent network
• Should be outgoing, have a good sense of humor, responsible and self-driven, conscientious, focused, result-oriented, purposeful and most important; know how to be a good team player and manager/leader for his team
• Being part of a young and dynamic team
• Being part of successful company with a high track record in West and Central Africa
• Exciting challenges every day!
Starting date latest 1. June 2017.
Are you interested in becoming a Logistics Manager in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client sells company vehicle solutions in Africa. For one of their clients in Liberia they are looking for a workshop manager / mechanical trainer to help set up the workshop and train the mechanics on the ground. The contract is 6 months, the candidate will be outsourced to a mining company.
• Organise workshop, stock control, spare parts, procurement
• Produce and implement processes and systems, SOP’s
• Train and manage mechanics on the ground
• 5+ years workshop management experience
• Experience with trucks, Iveco preferred
• Experience in (West) Africa preferred
• 6 Month fulltime contract, first 2 weeks training in the Netherlands
• Housing, transport, tickets
• Market conform salary
• Start a.s.a.p.
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Manager in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is active in the logistics industry. They specialise in high volume freight sollutions. For one of their locations they are on the lookout for a Warehouse Manager.
The warehouse is 15.000 m2 and has 10 forklifts. The team counts 40 people and 30 flexible staff. They load approximately 1.000 trucks a month with copper, zinc and cobalt.
They are looking for somebody:
• With a minimum of 5 years warehouse management experience
• With experience in WMS systems
• That is willing to make long hours and is on call 24/7
• Has experience or is looking for experience in Africa
• Is experienced with forklift trucks and the maintenance of these
They can offer:
• Accomodation 20 min from site
• International insurance
• Salary range 3.000 – 5.500 USD nett depending on the candidates experience
• Local allowance of USD 500
• Single status
• Startdate a.s.a.p.
One of our clients, a supplier of nearly all mines throughout in West Africa, is opening an office in Guinea Conakry, in order to more closely service the clients, follow up the projects in bauxite & alumina and investigate all possibilities of commercial and/or industrial development.
We are therefore looking for a service minded person to lead the project. To do so, you probably have a higher education and a few years of experience in industry or logistics which have exposed you to real life and business problems. You are now looking to put your own stamp on things, rather than follow established paths.
Good communication skills and absolute trust shall be of utmost importance, as you will start on your own in the country. Being on your own does not mean being alone. Besides the immediate contact with the colleagues based in Senegal or elsewhere in West Africa, you will enjoy the support from the overseas network and, when needed, from all the group experts around the world.
A good conduct of written English and French is requested besides an enthusiastic, curious mentality, appreciating doing things seriously without taking yourself seriously.
Being acquainted with the Chinese culture & language would be a significant asset.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Guinea Conakry? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Reporting line: Taparko General Manager, Functional reporting to Nordgold HR Director
• Active participation in the long-term strategic business planning and annual budgeting processes with responsibility for devising manpower and personnel cost plan for the supported businesses;
• Driving Cost Dialogue around all personnel related expenses; rigorously managing agreed budget; finding and executing opportunities for continuous improvement and cost optimization;
• Ensuring alignment between business performance goals and employees’ objectives by driving a rigorous Target Dialogue process with clear objective setting, feedback sessions and year end rewards;
• Helping drive employee productivity through professional / technical training and incentive schemes;
• Facilitate employee engagement by building positive team spirit and inspiring corporate culture based on Nordgold values and ethical standards;
• Supporting business leadership and line management in continuous upgrade of organizational capability through talent assessment and development instruments with particular focus on local talent growth;
• Equipping operations with high quality manpower through effective and efficient recruitment, selection and on-barding processes and skillful application of reward instruments;
• Preventing and managing operational risks associated with labor issues and HR processes;
• Leading internal communication to ensure that employees are heard and well informed;
• Promoting safety agenda through HR tools.
The job holder will deal with various local aspects of HR and administration including policies & procedures, recruitment, inductions, appraisals, Industrial Relations, HR administration, training, career planning, localization, compensation and benefits framework, KPI reporting, HR systems, disciplinary actions, travel, visas and work permits for non-nationals.
While focusing on issues related to the assigned geography the role is key to Nordgold Group in promoting / implementing and internalizing company - wide HR practices:
- Corporate values
- Corporate ethical standards
- Recruitment policy
- Talent management practices: talent reviews, succession planning, high-potential employees identification & development, individual development for key employee categories, Nordgold leadership development program, technical training for front-line
- Compensation & Benefits practices: annual salary reviews; annual bonus payouts; job grading
- Performance Management: target dialogue
- Tracking personnel –related costs & productivity and other personnel related KPIs
- Using SAP HR
• Extensive experience in HR generalist roles – no less than 8 years; prior experience supporting more than one business is a plus
• MBA or equivalent degree
• Exposure to African environment
• Experience working in multi-cultural teams
• Fluent French and English; Russian is a plus
• Strong leadership, ability to drive, inspire
• Extensive change management experience
• Strong numerical skills & experience managing budgets
• Great negotiation skills
• Assertive written and verbal communication skills
• Continuous improvement and right-sizing experience
• Understanding labor code and personnel-related requirements of BF
• Ability to multi-task
• Background in mining industry is a plus
• Work location – Taparko mine (Burkina Faso)
• 6 weeks on - 3 weeks off rotational basis
• Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme
Should you not hear from us within two weeks please consider your job application unsuccessful.
Are you interested in becoming an HR Director in Burkina Faso? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.
Glencore is one of the world’s largest globally diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 90 commodities. Our operations comprise of around 150 mining and metallurgical sites, oil production assets and agricultural facilities – supported by a network of more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries.
We employ approximately 160, 000 people including contractors and we provide people with the opportunity to develop and grow their expertise and the confidence to grow their careers.
The Mutunda Mining Sarl (MUMI), a Glencore Plc subsidiary is 100% owned by Glencore. The mine is located 42 kilometers east of the Lualaba province’s capital Kolwezi, in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Reporting into the Legal Head of Department, the Legal Advisor is expected to analyse, provide advice on and execute a range of legal matters affecting the company.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Assist in the management of the company secretarial duties;
• Supervise the legal team based on the mining site in the absence of the Head of Legal;
• Maintenance of all exploration and exploitation permits;
• Manage relationships with external counsels;
• Review, interpret contracts and other legal documents;
• Provide formal legal opinions;
• Identify and manage legal risks;
• Manage legal disputes;
• Provide legal endorsement in relation to business transactions;
• Provide advice on applicable legislation and the interpretation thereof;
• Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment;
• Management of the visas process and of the visas team based on the mining site;
• Few travels expected within the country;
• Legal background in continental law, minimum Master’s level;
• Minimum of two years of experience in law firm or as legal advisor in an international company (preferably mining/energy field). Relevant experience in a French speaking African country would be a definite asset;
• Significant international exposure during her/his career;
• Fluent in French and English;
• Resilience, flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks daily and under pressure;
• High capacity to adapt and appetite for challenges;
• Capacity to live as part of a community;
• Follow the Glencore way – Diversified, Dedicated, and Driven;
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.