JOB SEARCH RESULT:
One of our clients, a supplier of nearly all mines throughout in West Africa, is opening an office in Guinea Conakry, in order to more closely service the clients, follow up the projects in bauxite & alumina and investigate all possibilities of commercial and/or industrial development.
We are therefore looking for a service minded person to lead the project. To do so, you probably have a higher education and a few years of experience in industry or logistics which have exposed you to real life and business problems. You are now looking to put your own stamp on things, rather than follow established paths.
Good communication skills and absolute trust shall be of utmost importance, as you will start on your own in the country. Being on your own does not mean being alone. Besides the immediate contact with the colleagues based in Senegal or elsewhere in West Africa, you will enjoy the support from the overseas network and, when needed, from all the group experts around the world.
A good conduct of written English and French is requested besides an enthusiastic, curious mentality, appreciating doing things seriously without taking yourself seriously.
Being acquainted with the Chinese culture & language would be a significant asset.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Guinea Conakry? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client who is a mine service provider, we are seeking a strong Sales and Technical Support Manager. The company is a highly customer focused organization and is constantly looking forward increasing intimacy with their clients through efficient provision of customers’ needs, services and technical support programs.
To further develop the company is seeking a service minded person to plan and coordinate all customer support activities within Ghana. This person must have an experience in the mining industry and has a good idea of the processes and business environment of the clients in this sector.
The ideal candidate
- Has a Post Graduate level in Metallurgical, Chemical Engineering predominantly in the mining environment
- Minimum of 5-7 years of working experience with a minimum of 2 years in the mining environment, understanding the processes and business problems in this industry
- Is a good communicator is an absolute must as you will be largely on your own visiting clients within Ghana and West Africa
- Has a good conduct of writing English
- Is an enthusiastic and curious personality
Are you interested in becoming a Sales and Technical Support Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client who is a mine service provider, we are seeking a Sales and Key Account Manager based in Belgium, the UK or the Netherlands.
The new manager is in charge of the machines and project sales within the allocated area. He is responsible for the relationship with key customers and contractors, and for ensuring loyalty of these large accounts. The manager also coordinates the sales and After-Sales (parts and service).
How to proceed?
- The new manager will define the strategy for each key account portfolio
- Coordinate with the local teams and manage the customer relationship. Coordinate all actions during the sales process and be the go-to person for the customer
- Grow the sales and the profitability with key customer and contractorsa accounts in both parts, equipment and service.
- Visit customers regularly, on site or at headquarters and make offers
- Actively involved in making the business plan and business forecast
- Involved in proposing financing solutions by requesting relevant financial documents
- Achieve target revenue by maintaining and further developing business with existing customers
- Being actively involved in team meetings and creating an open culture that promotes discussion about everyday problems
What are the needed skills?
- University or High School degree or equivalent by experience
- Min. 6 year experience as a key account or sales manager in a mining sector is an absolute must
- Technical background
- Good knowledge in International Commercial Terms and Finance
- Good knowledge of Office Tools
- Native English speaking is mandatory and French is a plus
- Projects management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good relationship skills with both commercial and industrial clients
- Able to support diverse, multi-cultural and remote teams
- Team player
- Ability to travel : mostly in Africa, for about fourty or fifty percent to the time
Our client offers:
- A permanent contract
- Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a successfull company
- An extensive training program
- Taking initiative and further develop the function
- A competitive salary and an interesting package
Are you interested in becoming a Sales and Key Account Manager in Europe? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
This assignment is done in cooperation with Mercuri Urval, in assignment of Normet Africa.
Normet is a global, fast growing and innovative technology company in the underground construction and mining industry, passionate to innovate and improve processes for increased safety, productivity and profitability. Normet’s solutions are developed based on the welfare of people and the care of the environment. Normet’s HQ is located in Espoo, Finland. They operate globally with 1200 business professionals in 42 locations in 28 countries. In Africa, Normet has legal entities in Zambia and South Africa, with ambitions to expand in the region.
We are looking for candidates to actively monitor Chinese customers and oversee the project pipeline in close collaboration with Normet China:
EMEA Account Manager – Chinese Accounts
You functionally report to the Managing Director of Normet Africa and will work in the middle of the mainland China team, the EMEA local teams, Chinese tunneling and mining contractors, mining houses, local JV’s and factories.
• Accelerate the sales growth of Normet’s mining and tunnelling solutions in EMEA through in depth understanding of the market, building new relationships, expand current relationships and by responding to the needs of our customers.
• Work closely with sales managers to strategize, plan and implement the approach to territory and value development.
• Drive and deliver the strategy within each account.
• Build long term, cross functional relationships within the customer’s organization to enable and ensure implementation of the account strategy.
• Maintain the necessary administrative and reporting elements of Account Management: Account Plans, CRM.
• Represent Normet at trade shows, conferences and local industry associations.
• Travel to customers for about 50% of your time, of which 70% in Sub-Saharan Africa and 30% in Europe and the Middle-East.
• You are a Chinese national living / working in Sub-Saharan Africa, who speaks fluent Mandarin and English.
• At least 2 years of sales experience in Mining Services and a minimum of 5 years experience in or exposure to underground mining industry.
• Experienced in Account and Customer Relationship Management, enjoying technical and commercial discussions with customers.
• You see the big plans and can turn them into effective operational project plans
• Mature and developed in negotiation and presentation, and highly professional in your daily communication with internal and external teams.
• Tactical and strategic thinker with business acumen.
• You are a self-motivated, open-minded, result driven and persistent team player, excellent in building trust and relationships.
• In this role you can visibly shape and be part of regional growth.
• Achieve results while being supported by a professional local and international team.
• A financially stable and international organization with high standards in safety and quality.
• The opportunity to capitalize on a new JV with an ambitious Chinese partner.
• Support from an experienced MD who macro-manages, and who supports, guides and coaches where needed.
• An attractive compensation package and a lot of growth opportunities, within the company and within the region.
Are you interested in becoming an EMEA Account Manager in South Africa or Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is looking for a Construction / Site Manager to lead a small team, developing infrastructure (Airstrip, power station and access roads) and managing projects. The new manager needs to be fluent in French. He will Report to the General Manager. The Site manager will assist with all site activities, for example logistics, finance and accounting and contract and claims management.
- Work closely together with the Local Government
- Putting Zero Harm safety culture in place across all Projects
- Identify risks regarding safety and take preventative action when needed
- Construction and Contractor Management
- Commercial and Contract Management
- Implement the proper project control mechanisms
- Civil Engineering qualification
- Extensive experience in Project Management
- Skilled in forecasting, planning, scheduling and cost control
- Well known with Community, Labour and Union relations
- Previous experience in West Africa
- French speaking and writing
The contract will be for 2 years initially.
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Manager in West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international company in machinery supporting, amongst other sectors, the mining industry.
1. Managing the following projects:
Structuring, Organization and Management:
- Ensure compliance with contractual commitments to the client while defending the interests of the company according to the strategy of the company;
- Visit the client and the company's teams on site on a regular basis; Organizing and monitoring meetings with the team on site;
- Establish project reviews;
- Inform the manager of excesses or risks observed on the projects and create a corrective action plan;
- Ensure the proper human and material resources necessary for the projects;
- Develop knowledge of certain product ranges;
- Creating the process of the operational reporting of the projects for which he is responsible together with his teams;
- Making sure of a proper hand-over with the back-up
Together with Project Operations Manager or Business Development Manager:
- Maintain and develop a good level of relations with the contact persons at the suppliers and customerss;
- Find solutions for the implementation of technical support; finding opportunities for business development and making plans to realize them;
- Support the Project Engineers (sales) by providing the information that is needed, developing the technical offer and the commercial negotiation;
- Participate in business discussions with the client;
- Make sure of the profitability of the projects for which you are responsible;
- Manage actions aimed at improving the margin of the different projects;
- Identify the risks related to the projects
- Manage the economic and financial reporting of the projects together with a partner of the finance department;
- Build and defend financial and investment requests from the finance department
- Initiative & Proactivity
- Planning and Organization
- Customer Concern
- Influence & Persuasion
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client active in the mining industry we are looking for a Chief Accountant to be based in Lubumbashi, DRC.
We are looking for a candidate that has:
• Graduated in Accounting
• Knowledge of OHADA accounting standards
• Has worked for one of the Big 4 (PwC, Deloitte, EY, KPMG)
• Good analytical, communication and interaction skills with the managers of the other services and the General Management
• Mastery of the computer tool: MS office (Word, Excel, ...)
The attitude required for this role is:
• Good sense of organization, great rigor and seriousness in the work
• Disciplined and methodical
• Ability to work in a demanding environment
• Ability to cope with high workload and tight deadlines
• Compliance with procedures
• Communication skills (oral and written) in French
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in Europe
Our client is an international company that services the mining industry.
We are looking for someone who can be the face of this company in DRC to convert high potential clients to customers and understand clients' needs and problems and providing solutions using current and potential resources.
1. Overall Purpose
- To promote the company to clients headquartered in Asia and in Africa managed by Chinese nationals
- Finding ways to make our clients businesses work better
2. Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
- Winning profitable new work for the company
- Visiting clients at project sites throughout Sub Saharan Africa
- Creating quotations for various requests across the Group.
- Maintaining, developing and updating the client database.
- Maintaining and updating the pricing database.
3. Formal Training/Education/ Experience
- Fluent Mandarin & English speaker
- Experience working in China or with Chinese clients
- At least 5 years relevant work experience, ideally in Sub Saharan Africa
4. Knowledge & Skills
- International exposure especially in DRC
- Experience with lifting machines
- Experience in Mining Industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, leadership and innovation.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Development Manager (Mandarin speaking) in DRC? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.