JOB SEARCH RESULT:
This assignment is done in cooperation with Mercuri Urval, in assignment of Normet Africa.
Normet is a global, fast growing and innovative technology company in the underground construction and mining industry, passionate to innovate and improve processes for increased safety, productivity and profitability. Normet’s solutions are developed based on the welfare of people and the care of the environment. Normet’s HQ is located in Espoo, Finland. They operate globally with 1200 business professionals in 42 locations in 28 countries. In Africa, Normet has legal entities in Zambia and South Africa, with ambitions to expand in the region.
We are looking for candidates to actively monitor Chinese customers and oversee the project pipeline in close collaboration with Normet China:
EMEA Account Manager – Chinese Accounts
You functionally report to the Managing Director of Normet Africa and will work in the middle of the mainland China team, the EMEA local teams, Chinese tunneling and mining contractors, mining houses, local JV’s and factories.
• Accelerate the sales growth of Normet’s mining and tunnelling solutions in EMEA through in depth understanding of the market, building new relationships, expand current relationships and by responding to the needs of our customers.
• Work closely with sales managers to strategize, plan and implement the approach to territory and value development.
• Drive and deliver the strategy within each account.
• Build long term, cross functional relationships within the customer’s organization to enable and ensure implementation of the account strategy.
• Maintain the necessary administrative and reporting elements of Account Management: Account Plans, CRM.
• Represent Normet at trade shows, conferences and local industry associations.
• Travel to customers for about 50% of your time, of which 70% in Sub-Saharan Africa and 30% in Europe and the Middle-East.
• You are a Chinese national living / working in Sub-Saharan Africa, who speaks fluent Mandarin and English.
• At least 2 years of sales experience in Mining Services and a minimum of 5 years experience in or exposure to underground mining industry.
• Experienced in Account and Customer Relationship Management, enjoying technical and commercial discussions with customers.
• You see the big plans and can turn them into effective operational project plans
• Mature and developed in negotiation and presentation, and highly professional in your daily communication with internal and external teams.
• Tactical and strategic thinker with business acumen.
• You are a self-motivated, open-minded, result driven and persistent team player, excellent in building trust and relationships.
• In this role you can visibly shape and be part of regional growth.
• Achieve results while being supported by a professional local and international team.
• A financially stable and international organization with high standards in safety and quality.
• The opportunity to capitalize on a new JV with an ambitious Chinese partner.
• Support from an experienced MD who macro-manages, and who supports, guides and coaches where needed.
• An attractive compensation package and a lot of growth opportunities, within the company and within the region.
Are you interested in becoming an EMEA Account Manager in South Africa or Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international company in machinery supporting, amongst other sectors, the mining industry.
Maintaining the customer satisfaction while keeping the logistics costs at bay:
- Analyze and oversee the regional supply chain performance
- In collaboration with the Project Managers based in Europe, pinpoint the key projects that need to improve
- Making sure that every step within the supply chain management is working effectively to avoid delays and lost sales opportunities
- Making sure that components, parts and materials are available when it is needed
2. Procurement and Inventory Control
- Control and monitor purchasing aspects according to procedures and operating guidelines, in accordance with the group supply chain regulations
- Manage price/quantities, reviewing activities and agreements on a regular basis in line with business objectives
- Controlling of stocks and inventory of local and regional sides:
- Manage stock movement
- Achieve the best financial advantage for the entities by promoting stock protection and quality and internal control.
- Gain knowledge of the current customs procedures existing in the different countries of the region
- Create a clear communication to ensure an efficient logistics processes within the countries by:
- Set up and maintain a good relationship with key logistics agents and suppliers
- Building good contacts with Government Officials to ensure a positive and proactive approach to imports and stock acquisitions
- Supporting the local teams to solve the problematic situations
4. Local Teams’ Management
- Communicate needs and objectives in supply chain and making sure the team understands the input necessary to make the processes run smoothly
- Establishe and manage the budget and the investments needed
- Mentoring and coaching the supply chain local team
- Assist, train and develop the staff in all of the sections within the supply chain process
- Provide regular feedback on achievements and follow up on outstanding priorities
EDUCATION & EXPERTISE
- Master Degree from University or High School in the field of management of supply chain / logistics
- 10 years in international Supply Chain / Logistics
- People manager – managing teams located at different places in Africa
- Experience in a multinational environment
- Experience of having worked both strategically/operationally
- Knowledge of mining / construction / automotive industry
- Fluent in French & English
- Very comfortable with business IT systems & softwares like excel and PowrPoint, but also ERP systems like SAP
- Open-minded & stress resistant
- No fear to challenge its own organization and/or rules
- Technical & Professional expertise
- Communication skills
- Customer focus
- Results orientation
- Initiative & Proactivity
- Analytical thinking
Are you interested in becoming a Supply Chain Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is an international company in machinery supporting, amongst other sectors, the mining industry.
1. Managing the following projects:
Structuring, Organization and Management:
- Ensure compliance with contractual commitments to the client while defending the interests of the company according to the strategy of the company;
- Visit the client and the company's teams on site on a regular basis; Organizing and monitoring meetings with the team on site;
- Establish project reviews;
- Inform the manager of excesses or risks observed on the projects and create a corrective action plan;
- Ensure the proper human and material resources necessary for the projects;
- Develop knowledge of certain product ranges;
- Creating the process of the operational reporting of the projects for which he is responsible together with his teams;
- Making sure of a proper hand-over with the back-up
Together with Project Operations Manager or Business Development Manager:
- Maintain and develop a good level of relations with the contact persons at the suppliers and customerss;
- Find solutions for the implementation of technical support; finding opportunities for business development and making plans to realize them;
- Support the Project Engineers (sales) by providing the information that is needed, developing the technical offer and the commercial negotiation;
- Participate in business discussions with the client;
- Make sure of the profitability of the projects for which you are responsible;
- Manage actions aimed at improving the margin of the different projects;
- Identify the risks related to the projects
- Manage the economic and financial reporting of the projects together with a partner of the finance department;
- Build and defend financial and investment requests from the finance department
- Initiative & Proactivity
- Planning and Organization
- Customer Concern
- Influence & Persuasion
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For our client active in the mining industry we are looking for a Chief Accountant to be based in Lubumbashi, DRC.
We are looking for a candidate that has:
• Graduated in Accounting
• Knowledge of OHADA accounting standards
• Has worked for one of the Big 4 (PwC, Deloitte, EY, KPMG)
• Good analytical, communication and interaction skills with the managers of the other services and the General Management
• Mastery of the computer tool: MS office (Word, Excel, ...)
The attitude required for this role is:
• Good sense of organization, great rigor and seriousness in the work
• Disciplined and methodical
• Ability to work in a demanding environment
• Ability to cope with high workload and tight deadlines
• Compliance with procedures
• Communication skills (oral and written) in French
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in Europe
For our client who is active in the logistics sector we are recruiting Commercial Representative in Zambia who is fluent in Mandarin and English.
• Essential – Fluent in Mandarin / English. Minimum five years’ experience in the logistics industry, of which at least three years with proven track record in sales. You should be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of general multimodal freight forwarding procedures and related documentation.
• Ideal – exposure to our markets and previously lived / worked in the region. Better still, existing home base in the region.
• Ideal – work experience across both Chinese and non-Chinese companies may bring a more balanced perspective and allow for smoother integration into our working culture, whilst still being well versed in that of Chinese business.
• Ideal – intermediate or higher level French proficiency a plus.
• Based in Lusaka, Ndola or Kitwe, with regular travel throughout Zambia (and elsewhere in the region, as new markets open up).
• Required to travel to China at least twice a year for follow ups with various head offices.
• Majority of time spent out ‘on the road’, with some associated administration / marketing / operational tasks.
• Working closely with both UK and Zambia teams. Reporting directly to UK based Managing Director and Financial Director.
Salary / Terms
• Initial 12 month contract, with 3 month probationary period.
Are you interested in becoming a Commercial Representative in Zambia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
The company is looking for a CFO for a mining company in the DRC Copperbelt.
The turnover of the company vary from 150 up to 200M USD/yr.
The company has approximately 1800 workers, 50 experts and they operate on several operational sites. They use heavy machinery and processing.
The CFO will be based in Lubumbashi with occasional travels to Johannesburg and Kinshasa, and regular travels between the sites in Katanga.
The CFO will report to the CEO and partners of the company.
He will have strong analytical and auditory skills with affinity for supply chain management.
Main languages used are French and English. Other languages are a plus.
He will need minimum 7 years of experience in a financial position in the mining sector. Experience in DRC is definitely a plus.
Expat package including
- salary from 14 to 17.000 USD/ month with yearly bonuses (depending on the company results).
- 2 flight tickets/ year for him and his family
- European standard standalone house in Lubumbashi with security provided by the company
- Car (type 4X4) with driver and fuel paid by the company
- IT material (PC, Phone with network subscription)
Are you interested in becoming a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in DRC? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client is looking for an expat to fill a position as Logistic Manager at their office in Liberia, West Africa.
• Focus on the commercial and operational area and boost the business without losing track of administration and reporting
• Supervising and supporting the logistic team incl. overall internal management, HR, recruiting and training.
• Proactive for sales; bigger projects and tender biddings – searching for sales leads and follow-up
• Interaction with authorities and clients on management level when required
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients and key account clients.
• Reporting to senior management
• Proven working experience as a logistics manager
• 5+ years of experience in West Africa
• Knowledge in clearing and forwarding
• Experience within mining and project cargo an asset
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
• Fluency in English
• Operational mindset taking precaution for the challenges in the country
• Ability to think out of the box to create and sell solutions
• Be a business developer with focus on expanding the business and improve internal agent network
• Should be outgoing, have a good sense of humor, responsible and self-driven, conscientious, focused, result-oriented, purposeful and most important; know how to be a good team player and manager/leader for his team
• Being part of a young and dynamic team
• Being part of successful company with a high track record in West and Central Africa
• Exciting challenges every day!
Starting date latest 1. June 2017.
Are you interested in becoming a Logistics Manager in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Our client sells company vehicle solutions in Africa. For one of their clients in Liberia they are looking for a workshop manager / mechanical trainer to help set up the workshop and train the mechanics on the ground. The contract is 6 months, the candidate will be outsourced to a mining company.
• Organise workshop, stock control, spare parts, procurement
• Produce and implement processes and systems, SOP’s
• Train and manage mechanics on the ground
• 5+ years workshop management experience
• Experience with trucks, Iveco preferred
• Experience in (West) Africa preferred
• 6 Month fulltime contract, first 2 weeks training in the Netherlands
• Housing, transport, tickets
• Market conform salary
• Start a.s.a.p.
Are you interested in becoming a Workshop Manager in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.