JOB SEARCH RESULT:
Our client is an international company active in transport and logistics.
West Africa as a subarea , which has tremendous growth opportunities. Operating in this area offers a challenging, diverse and complex environment.
The position demands a multi skilled leader who will take the organization to the next anticipated growth level.
Overall Responsibility :
Define, develop and initiate the West African Growth strategy / ambition for our client closely with senior management.
Developing a good understanding of the specifics of the African Market
Build and manage a high qualitiy team to reach the sales goals set by the company
Achieving targets to ensure profitability of all the services :
Set defined goals on volumes and optimization of revenues
Develop and grow Key Accounts
Actively participate and engage with customers on a regular basis
Prepare Budgets and adjustments
Define pricing strategy together with respective Trade Management teams
Identify potential cost savings and implementing measures
Effectively manage and monitor sales performances
Efficiently steer the equipment
Participate and execute special projects in West, East and Southern Africa
Develop a team with a mindset of conquering the markets in Africa. This will include :
- Frequent and short notice travels to any location in Africa
- To achieve African targets
- To put in place a Sales pipeline and actively monitor progress of this pipeline
- Gaining knowledge of the industry and competition
- Promote positive morale and support career development
Ensure adequate and timely utilization of Customer Relationship Management Tools
Promote the usage of HL e-biz tools in the Area along with Customer Service
Ensure all HL processes are well known and strictly implement throughout the organization
Support Finance A/R team to achieve DSO targets
Support all departments and develop team work with all Directors /Managers
Ensure full compliance adherence to local and international rules/regulations relevant to HL activities
Proactively take the ownership to meet other BU such as Customer Service, Business Administration and Operations to ensure cross-functional knowledge on sales department required or customer requirements.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
Preferably a degree in Business, Sales , Marketing or equivalent
Comprehensive experience in trade management, logistics and/or liner shipping
Good knowledge of the workflow and processes in the transportation industry
Knowledge of African Market. Having lived in Africa, or same environment would definitely be an added advantage
Excellent command of spoken and written English. Ability to speak and write in French and / or Portuguese will be an added advantage)
Knowledge of user applications systems (FIS, CRM, Web Focus/Hyperion, MS Office) will be an added advantage else candidate will need to show motivation to learn
Analytical with ability to identify market opportunities, good problem-solving and organizational skills
Customer-oriented with positive attitude
Can demonstrate leadership skills to lead and motivate a team
Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
Commitment to Task; willing to work very hard to achieve results and targets.
Team player with a proactive attitude
Result driven and persuasiveness
Ability to communicate and collaborate
Ability to work under pressure
Courage to make decisions and accepting responsibility
Multi skilling and quick decision maker
Positive image to customers and colleagues:
Capacity to support and inspire
Open and honest attitude
Lead by example
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Sales Manager West Africa in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
For a shipping agent in West Africa we are on the lookout for an European French speaking Logistics Manager.
The suitable candidate must know how to focus on the commercial and operational area and boost the business without losing track of administration and reporting.
The Candidate should have experience of at least 5 years as a Logistics Manager in West Africa. This is a NON family position.
* Commercial and Operational experience in the Logistic Sector with focus in Mining and Project Cargo.
* Developing the logistic sector for OBT Shipping in Guinea, West Africa.
* P&L responsibility.
* Experience working in a global company within an shipping agency.
* Must be fluent in French and English.
* A developer with focus on expanding the business.
* Knowledge in clearing and forwarding within the logistic arm of the mining and project cargo sector.
* Should be outgoing, have a good sense of humor, be responsible, conscientious, focused, result-oriented, purposeful and most important; knows how to be a good team player and manager/leader for his team.
* Salary between 5-9000 Usd per month TAX FREE depending on the candidates skills and qualifications.
* Free Accommodation.
* Free Vehicle.
* Vacation 45 calendars days per year.
* Three economy flight per year to his home country.
* Being part of successful strong going company with a high track record in the West African shipping Industry